'The X Factor' auditions are coming
February 24th, 2011

'The X Factor' auditions are coming

Auditions for "The X Factor" are set to begin on March 27 at the L.A. Sports Arena in Los Angeles.

Singers age 12 and older will also be able to audition in Miami, Chicago,  Seattle, Dallas and Newark, New Jersey. The competition is open to individuals and groups.

"The show is basically a singing competition with a twist," Simon Cowell said in a video released by Fox network. "The auditions are open to anyone who can sing."

The audition dates so far are as follows:

CITY                                      DATE                                     VENUE

Los Angeles, CA                    Sunday, March 27                 L.A. Sports Arena
Miami, FL                               Thursday, April 7                    Bank United Center
Newark, NJ                            Thursday, April 14                  Prudential Center
Seattle, WA                            Wednesday, April 20              Key Arena
Chicago, IL                             Wednesday, April 27              Sears Centre Arena
Dallas, TX                              TBA                                        TBA

The "X Factor" winner will receive a recording contract and $5 million. Click here to watch the video in full.

1. Christina

If you are coming to try out in Chicago ( Hoffman Estes Sears Center) give me a call for great hotel rates close to the Sears Center! Wingate By Wyndham Schaumburg 847-882-9372 ask for Christina! GOOD LUCK to all you talented people trying out.

March 10, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  2. JUSTIN BIEBER

Good luck to all those singers out there i wish yous all the best of luck i cant wait till show starts again last year i was so nevous singing on it thinking wat people wounld say but thank god it all was good thanks to all my fanss

thank you al my fans out there is it was not for yous i wounld not be where i am rite noww :)

lots of love JUSTIN BIEBER

March 6, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  3. pilo

I HATE REALITY SHOWS ALMOST AS MUCH AS I HATE SIMON.. THEY'RE SO STUPID..

February 25, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jan

I love the new judges on IDOL but I miss Simon! Looking forward to seeing him again!

February 25, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  5. blackhairedBw/biggreeneyes

Hmmmm,...'meat flute', that's original, my friend!! funny though.

February 25, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  6. blackhairedBw/biggreeneyes

Um....ok, thanks for posting twice. that's strange. oh, for the record, my grammar is fine lol ok, 'american idol' not 'idool' lol!!...just figured with all the overflowing love, friendships & well though out critical advice on this site alone, simon might feel very much at home here lol, jeeeez ppl!!

February 25, 2011 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  7. blackhairedBw/biggreeneyes

February 25, 2011 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  8. blackhairedBw/biggreeneyes

Man aliiive, i think it's a ggreat idea, i come froma family of great musicians, we mostly do what we do for entertainment, love of entertaining others....i have an uncle who sang a duet with Joss stone not too long back. that's the closest to ah 'fame' i'd say we've come in our fam. most ppl don't really know though, that alot of the artists featured (including winners) with both american idool as well as i'm sure 'x factor' is the fact that we musicians never.....ever.. Become noticed overnight & most of these people have spent years working with bands of their own, other musicians, randomly & alot of them give in to critical advice so they stop doing what they love. like i said, the idea is pretty cool with me, who knows maybe i'll give it a shot! lol (sigh).... my biggest fear would only be that i might make it so far & like so many other great musicians not in mainstream music, i might cave also to the above....i couldn't imagine life without music because it feels good,.. Simon man, he can be brutal!

February 25, 2011 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Dr Feelgood

Oh yeah...and it feels even better with you playing my meat flute.

February 25, 2011 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  9. Brad

Say goodbye to American Idol.

February 25, 2011 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  10. HEANN

Why did my post about it hurting when I pee get deleted?

February 25, 2011 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  11. Radio Broadcaster

I am disgusted with people who havent a clue about what they say in a blog!

February 25, 2011 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  12. Radio Broadcaster

I am disgusted with people who havent a clue about what they blog.

February 25, 2011 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  13. shaved sniz

Dr T, will you be on my show?

February 25, 2011 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
  14. John

If you see a short guy from NJ screaming parkway drive be sure to vote for me

February 25, 2011 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
  15. shaved sniz

I am so sick of stupid reality shows, especially copy cat shows. I know, how about a reality show about idiots who blog because they have nothing better to do. I will be the star. The retard who let us know he farted can be a star too.

February 25, 2011 at 7:55 am | Report abuse |
  16. Buttmunch

I hope Simon makes everyone cry and is mean as all hell to them.

February 25, 2011 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
  17. Haf Dolla

Day gun let darkies b on dis show. i gotz a lil whitegirl dat sang n2 my weiner lax it uh mycofone. Cab i b uh kuntessant??

February 25, 2011 at 7:42 am | Report abuse |
  18. SHOOOOOO

I just farted. Shooooo : )

February 25, 2011 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
  19. profit

All I'm sayin is hehhh??? Quit one show and make another one just like it...way 2 go Simon! U suck even more now!

February 25, 2011 at 2:35 am | Report abuse |
  20. joe blow

hey hey hey hey smoke w##d everyday

February 25, 2011 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  21. whisper

Is that Cheryl Cole (ya know that girl from the uk with the criminal record) gonna be one of the judges??

February 25, 2011 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  22. nativediva

I can't believe it but I think I might try the audition in Seattle. Not because I want to be anyone but myself, a hard working Native American woman from North Dakota but hey, what the heck!!

February 25, 2011 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  23. Maurice

I thought it was talking about a show or movie based on the Marvel super hero group called X FACTOR, but no it is more of that McAmerican Idol BS, where the average joe or jane goes to act like a bunch of delusional idiots who think that they are surely gonna be the next McBritney Spears or McJustine Timberlake.

February 25, 2011 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  24. hammie

Oh great another stupid idol show that I won't watch

February 25, 2011 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  25. bj bongo

It burnt bad.

February 24, 2011 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  26. bj bongo

I just farted.

February 24, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  27. arnold ziffle

maybe they can find a replacement for Bieber. since he cut his hair, he ain't got it any more. his 15 minutes are up.

February 24, 2011 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  28. j rod

Im entering

February 24, 2011 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  29. narga juice

@ Dr.T "it takes offense that you should ASK that silly question, that is a RACIST term."-lets work on grammar.
    @Justin Bieber-the wierd-o's are the reason why ratings for these auditions are so high...I'd say..let'em come. Lol. Uno..

February 24, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Triumph

Another good story from CNN.....for me to poop on.

February 24, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • quadruple D

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!.....hahaaaaa...aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh! I needed that this morning!

February 25, 2011 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Sam

Well it must have been good enough if you decided to read it!

February 25, 2011 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  31. Dr T

I's takes afence dat u shud acts dat u dam race its

February 24, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |