Christina Applegate: I didn't know love until my daughter was born
February 24th, 2011

Christina Applegate: I didn't know love until my daughter was born

Love took on a whole new meaning after Christina Applegate welcomed daughter Sadie Grace on January 27.

"I've said 'I love you' to people over the years but I was lying. I was totally lying," Applegate, who is engaged to musician Martyn LeNoble, told CNN at Wednesday's L.A. premiere of her movie "Hall Pass." "I didn't know what really loving someone was until [Sadie] came into my world."

Applegate and co-star Owen Wilson, who recently became a dad to a baby boy, shared photos of their babies at the premiere. The actress couldn't help but gush about first-time parenthood: "It's fantastic and remarkable and all those words to describe how brilliant it all is!"

Even her rumored 18-hour delivery? "It's sort of an urban legend," Applegate says of the reports, before clarifying that Sadie's labor didn't take nearly so long. "It was a process. Let's just call it a process."

1. dave

Christina wuz sooooo hot on love and marriage!!!

February 25, 2011 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  2. RobA

God Bless you and your little girl! May you all have long, healthy, happy lives.

February 25, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  3. Howard Sprague

I must agree motherhood is so rewarding why just this morning I gave birth to 3 little brown turtles and one wax moustache.

February 25, 2011 at 7:20 am | Report abuse |
  4. erica

Does that make her love or the child herself any less special? dont throw stones oh perfect one! so many marriages end in divorce now days. let mother and child be happy...im sure thats not top priority on gods damning list

February 25, 2011 at 7:19 am | Report abuse |
  5. Sister Lynn

While the creation of a new life is always a special event we must take pause to remember this child was born and conceived out of wedlock and therefore is a Basturd.

February 25, 2011 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
  6. Afternoon Delight

I bet her husband or boyfriend or whomever isnt getting any right now.

February 25, 2011 at 6:55 am | Report abuse |
  7. Haf Dolla

I b one ov duh black males dat stix aroun and she want tell nobudy I g duh daddy.....DAYUM!!!

February 25, 2011 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
  8. Chalequia

i bet she has been touching weeenies.

February 25, 2011 at 6:49 am | Report abuse |
  9. SKY

REAL LOVE MEETS THE NEED OF THE CHILD.
    ENGAGEMENT – WHAT ABOUT COMMITMENT AND MARRIAGE?
    THE TRENDS MAY MEET THE NEEDS OF THE ADULTS, BUT NOT THE CHILD.
    IF THE MAN LIVES WITH YOU THEN WHY WON'T HE MARRY YOU?

February 25, 2011 at 6:41 am | Report abuse |
  10. okndngirl

WoW! how old is christina?? im so happy for her! she n a lot of other people knew what she meant when she said that about the new baby! its a wonderful feeling!!

February 25, 2011 at 6:08 am | Report abuse |
  11. mad hater

I think she's a pedophile

February 25, 2011 at 1:40 am | Report abuse |
  12. kaiblack

Itz just a freak'n kid that she have'n it aint like she walked on water. she dnt even look that good anymore.

February 25, 2011 at 1:32 am | Report abuse |
  13. dabota s efeakpokrire

Motherhood is indeed a strong emotiom.known only by those who experince it.

February 25, 2011 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
  14. Courtney

Love really does take on a whole new form and meaning when you give birth. Its a new kind of love. An I will give, do, buy, steal, anything for you love. Having a child will brighten your life in ways you never knew were possible. Each smile from them is a heartwarming present. I am glad that Christina is able to experience the joy having a child brings, and hope that one day everyone will know that feeling. Babies are tiny gifts from God.

February 25, 2011 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
  15. jesser

Ill agree to an extent Chrispina, but my son is almost a year and from the first moment I held him, the depth of love for him was so strong, and so right! Its not a feeling that I have ever felt before! No matter what 'love' is in my life, NOTHING can compare to what you feel for your child the second they are born! And from that second on, it just grows! So to all the immature people commenting about her saying she lied about loving a person, grow up. One day you will hopefully get the chance to feel that experience!

February 25, 2011 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  16. CHRISPINA CHRISPINA!

YOU HAVE A LONG LONG WAY TO GO IN ORDER TO EXPERIENCE MOTHERHOOD TO ITS FULLEST. One MONTH DOESN'T CUT IT

February 24, 2011 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Courtney

The first month is so special though. Its when you do alot of bonding with your baby. The experience just gets better and better with each passing month!!

February 25, 2011 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
  17. erica

Omg ru ppl this ignorant?! of course she still loves everyone shes said it too, but as stated above, there is NO stronger love than the love for a child...especially your own. do u ppl have so little of it in your lives it had to be explained?? OHH and LOL to Lavonya! i havent seen that old show in quite some time

February 24, 2011 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  18. hadabadday

I'm not sure but I believe she ment that there is no love stronger that is felt quiet as deep as when you hold you baby ....if fills your very existence..its not that you didn't mean it before its just a whole different kind of love...

February 24, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  19. patricia

So she didn't really love her boyfriend that way?

February 24, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  20. houston

Big marcus and tedd are obviously gutter-born.

February 24, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  21. houston

Big marcus and redd are obviously gutter-born.

February 24, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  22. InsaneInsanity

That's nice. “I didn’t know what really loving someone was until [Sadie] came into my world." so u didn't love ur husband? U didn't love ur parents? Think before you speak.

February 24, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Courtney

I dont think thats what she meant though. Love for your child is so much different than for your parents or husband.

February 25, 2011 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Aly

Do you have children? Those of us that do understand exactly what she meant. My husband didn't take offense when I expressed a similar sentiment to him because he already had a child and knew exactly what I meant, too...and it wasn't a slight to each other or to our parents. When you have a child, there's an overwhelming flood of emotions, love, fear, protectiveness. Incidentally, the love you have for your child is an extension of the love you have for the other parent and for your own parents, and their love for you.

February 28, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  23. tedd

are they gonna keep that little white baby or sell it ? i heard you can get 35 or even 40 dollar for a little white child in some places.

February 24, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  24. BIG MARCUS

If she would have sit on my black lap I coulda tought her all about love 20 years ago.

February 24, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  25. LAVONYA

I bet Al and Peg are soo proud ! They will make wonderful grandparents.

February 24, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  26. jillmarie

I'm so happy for Christina. She seems like a beautiful person. I wish her and her family the best.
    I can't wait to see Hall Pass. It looks funny, like a good date movie!

February 24, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  27. good for her

Hopefully all is well with her daughter. I don't believe that she didn't mean it when she said "I Love You" to ALL people, but then again it IS HOLLYWOOD.

February 24, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aly

As I said elsewhere, do you have children? Those of us that do understand exactly what she meant. My husband didn't take offense when I expressed a similar sentiment to him because he already had a child and knew exactly what I meant, too...and it wasn't a slight to each other or to our parents. When you have a child, there's an overwhelming flood of emotions, love, fear, protectiveness. Incidentally, the love you have for your child is an extension of the love you have for the other parent and for your own parents, and their love for you.

February 28, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |