Lynda Carter hopes new Wonder Woman 'kicks butt'
February 23rd, 2011

Lynda Carter hopes new Wonder Woman 'kicks butt'

It didn't take the golden lasso of truth to get Lynda Carter to share her thoughts on Adrianne Palicki being cast as the new Wonder Woman.

In an interview with the Baltimore Sun, Carter — who played the Amazing Amazon in the popular '70s TV series — sounds off about David E. Kelley's upcoming NBC reboot.

"I know she is going to be really nervous about it, just because you would be," Carter says of Palicki, adding, "I would never offer her any advice. Nor would she probably want any. If she wants to talk to me, that would be a whole different thing. But I would never offer, 'Now let me tell you how to do this.' She's an actress and she's a good actress and she's beautiful, and I hope she kicks butt."

Kelley's show will center on the superhero's alter-ego Diana Prince, who juggles being a crime fighter, corporate executive and modern woman.

"I spoke with David yesterday, and he's really, really excited about it," says Carter. "I think the story needs to be retold. It needs to have a fresh look at it. It affected a lot of people. I think it's time, I think it's important to have it out there again."

When asked whether she'll appear on the series, Carter deflected the question as if wearing Wonder Woman's impenetrable bracelets: "That is something that I … even if I were, I couldn't tell you."

1. tutdownload,tutorial,tutorials,lynda,video2brain,wiley,totaltraining,adobe,microsoft,dreamweaver,photoshop,cs6,affter effect,autocad

Hi there, I discovered your website by way of Google while looking for a related topic, your website came up, it appears to be like good. I have bookmarked to my favourites|added to bookmarks.

September 8, 2012 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Bielizna Damska

I'll immediately grasp your rss feed as I can not find your email subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service. Do you've any? Kindly let me recognise in order that I could subscribe. Thanks.

May 23, 2012 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  3. Brad

Dang she is stll hot.

April 13, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Nat

I heard Linda Carter was very rude in the Tonight Show and was never asked to return.

April 13, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Gavilan Salvaje

Lynda Carter = latina

March 20, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  6. jeff

Did anyone catch the sentence in this that said "it will center on the superheros alter ego Dianna Prince"? ummm....correct me if I am wrong but the show is called Wonder Woman...not Dianna Prince....the more details of this show that come out the more sure I am its going to be a real Hindenburg.

February 26, 2011 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tomas

Agreed. The success of any comic transistion is to retain the original comic fans. Departing too far from the original idea will llose the producers say 30% watchers right off the bat. It will make it a teen age girl show. Although Linda Carter never quite got that stutter step coming out of the spin quite right, I watched the show and wasted a lot of Kleenex on her over my youth. She will ALWAYS be wonder woman to me LOL!

March 19, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  7. Victor

From what I've heard they are trying to turn Wonder Woman into a gritty night time vigilante a la Batman.

I give this show a season to self destruct, and I'm being optimistic. The Wonder Woman was never about gritty, she's more like Superman, a shining bright example of the best a hero can be. This reimagining goes so against the original material that I doubt people will buy it.

February 25, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • jeff

I totally agree with you Victor.

February 26, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brad

I hope you are wrong Vic but if what you said comes to pass you will be 100% correct. Dang still hot though

April 13, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Posh-Kenneth

I know I like white girls, mostly because I get tired of the smell of funyuns and fried chicken oh your breath. After awhile yall begin to stank.

February 24, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Nick

I still love Linda she is still cool and calm when i was 15 i was second runner up in the muscular distrofe collection drive i mist having a dinner date with her over $5.00 i was sad but hopefull someday i would get to meet her in person hope she and the new show will be great .

February 24, 2011 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  10. Wonder Woman vs Coffee over the top rope cage match

Wonder Woman/Linda would stomp the hell outa Coffee/Pam! Then Linda would smear Pams face in her pu-tang...which I understand Ms Grier would love. Another typical black community gaybyrd.

February 24, 2011 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
  11. Teresa

You black girls dont deserve any good men cuz of them ugly brillo pads ya have on ya head and between ya legs.

February 24, 2011 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
  12. Jim Booberstein

Will Lyndas B@@Bs make a cameo?

February 24, 2011 at 7:20 am | Report abuse |
  13. D

Ought to be interesting to see...Linda Carter was the best!

February 23, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  14. angielou

I'm super-excited about the new "Wonder Woman"! I have been a fan since the original series and will be an avid watcher of the new series...in my Wonder Woman underwear!!!

February 23, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  15. JAMAL

Old dried up white prune faces look plain silly to me.

February 23, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Lavonya

Plus if they wanted a real wonder woman they would choose one of us sisters ! Pam Grier is the real wonder woman.

February 23, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • white girl

we dont steal the good black men, they want us because we hotter and not as angry

February 23, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Lavonya

I hear you girlfriend. Them white girrls are always trying to pull some kind of stunt. Stealing our fine black broothers and music too.

February 23, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kendall

You could always have their pasty white vampire boyfriends that they drool over like in Twilight. A fair exchange isn't it?

February 23, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  18. trixie

That big old giant white girl better not try kicking my buttt. I know judo and karate.

February 23, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  19. jillmarie

Lynda Carter looks great! I'd watch the show if she does appear on it. I may or may not watch it otherwise. I hoped for Megan Fox to be on it.

February 23, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |