Charlie Sheen wants to do 'Major League 3'
February 23rd, 2011

Charlie Sheen wants to do 'Major League 3'

Charlie Sheen hosted a weekend screening of his 1989 comedy "Major League" for an all-star audience that included baseball greats like Brian Wilson, Kenny Lofton, Todd Zeile, Eddie Murray and Lenny Dykstra.

But the screening wasn't all fun and games, Sheen told TMZ. "The reason for the night," he said, "was to get everybody excited about doing 'Major League 3.'"

A third film—"Major League: Back to the Minors"—was released in 1998, but Sheen, who played Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn in the first two movies, believes it doesn't count.

"I think enough time has gone by for people to have forgotten the second one and that third abortion that came out has to be forgotten as well," he told TMZ.

Sheen added that all of the other actors are on board for doing a third film, but he is still in negotiations with the production company. "You might want to flood Morgan Creek with letters and an angry mob with burning torches, because they don't seem to think that I'm as valuable as I do," he said.

In the meantime, the troubled star is reportedly getting ready to head back to work on his hit CBS sitcom "Two and Half Men" next week.

"Dude, I'm just going to go in there and keep winning," he said. "If they act like a bunch of losers, that's up to them."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Charlie Sheen • movies • television

1. online financing

Hello there, simply turned into alert to your blog through Google, and found that it's really informative. I am going to be careful for brussels. I'll be grateful should you continue this in future. Many other people will likely be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

July 26, 2012 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  2. pret rachat de credit

I think you may want to get a twitter icon to your blog. Just bookmarked this blog, however I must complete it by hand. Just my 2 cents.

March 20, 2011 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  3. JAdams1776

But but but... He still can't pitch!

March 11, 2011 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  4. mike

Who cares if charlie has problems thats his own business hes an actor and does a great job at it Major league 3 will be great!

March 1, 2011 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  5. cindy

Love Charlie Sheen! I wish him only the best, and great sucess in whatever he does. He's awsome, you can do anything Charlie.

February 23, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Chester the Molester

Forget major league. Let me in the boys PeeWee dugout!

February 23, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Ole Grandad

Forget baseball. How many of you guys are up for couple games of Pocket Pool?

February 23, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Superhiro

Honestly, if they made another one, I'd watch it, just because I haven't seen a good baseball movie in what feels like forever. As for Charlie's other problems I couldn't care less.

February 23, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  9. JRS

As old as Charlie is, would his "Wild Thing" character be a pitching coach in the 4th installment of the franchise? ALL of the actors are too old to portray players now, come to think of it.

February 23, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Cheaterville

Major League is a classic movie but for some reason I think I wont be able to concentrate if they make another one. I know everytime I see Charlie Sheen in a scene with a woman ill be wondering if he had her in his trailer during that movie. Actually I hope they do make it and the women post about him on http://www.cheaterville.com and brand new site that launched Valentines Day! Post about a cheater anonymously for free! Register your name for free! Get email notifications whenever a post is made about you or anyone you know for free!! Dont be the last to know......

February 23, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  11. dave

LOL, let me guess, the character (forget his name) will have a drug problem...
    Charlie, Charlie Charlie, man, you did PLATOON! That was amazing, but that can only give you so much leeway. At least make it LOOK like you're staying sober, and get some exercise, you look like shizite.

February 23, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Justin Bieber

I would like to have a party in Charlies pants.

February 23, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  13. BEAVIS

Isnt he like really really old ?

February 23, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  14. JR

As with all great films their is a clamoring for the sequel. Godfather 1 & 2 needed a third to tell the full story. Same for Major League and the need for a third. If this isn't proof that Charlie Sheen is Totally Crazy and in need of a lot of help I don't know what it will take. This guy is in a drug induced fantacy land.

February 23, 2011 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  15. banasy

Hope Charlie wouldn't actually *pitch* in this movie...he might pull a muscle or break a hip...lol.

February 23, 2011 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  16. Mcdoogenhymer

I still like Mr. Sheen. His dad and brother are better actors in my opinion.

February 23, 2011 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  17. Devara

No. Just no.

February 23, 2011 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
  18. Diana Robinson

hi

This website wants to shed a new light on the Islamic Calendar for Makkah. This very practical problem has impact on the lives of millions of pilgrims across the world because the date of the Hajj, or the great annual pilgrimage, depends on an accurate islamic calendar. Modern astronomical methods make it quite possible to establish an accurate islamic calendar for Makkah decades in advance.

Warm Regards,
    586, mega mall, swiss road, ca,us.

February 23, 2011 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
  19. RealisticExpectations

There's already been a "Major League 3". It was "Major League: Back to the Minors" and starred Scott Bakula.

Charlie's done so many drugs, he's lost count of that franchise.

February 23, 2011 at 5:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Chet Ubetcha

Uh-oh... Somebody replied without reading the article again...

February 23, 2011 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
  20. dawnclowe

These coupons from the website printapons get sent to your browser automatically and you just copy and paste in the shopping cart. Easy to use and its free. Check out.

February 23, 2011 at 4:35 am | Report abuse |
  21. Beautiful Vixen

Yes he is a great actor. Hope he cleans up is act though. I would hate to see him check out anytime soon due to drugs.

February 23, 2011 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  22. D

I've always been a fan of Charlie Sheen. Love his show and his movies.

February 23, 2011 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  23. Beautiful Vixen

He is not going to keep on winning if he continues doing drugs and drinking. Keep with that lifestyle and he will be six feet under.

February 23, 2011 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |