'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Bieber's haircut - good move or bad?
February 22nd, 2011

'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Bieber's haircut - good move or bad?

That screaming you hear? That's the sound of girls around the world who are in collective shock today as photos surface of Justin Bieber’s new shorter hair!

You know Justin Bieber is idolized for his sweet voice, boyish good looks and that infamous ‘do. So now that he’s gone and changed it up, will this actually hurt his popularity? Or even damage his career?

I think it’s a big deal for sure – but maybe his fans would embrace this new look in the same way they anticipate one of Bieber’s new singles. What do you think? Post your thoughts below. We’re debating this today on the show.

Other big stories we’re fired up about on the show…

A shocking scare on NBC’s “Today” show this morning, and did Katy Perry slam Britney Spears’ “Hold It Against Me” video?!

Be sure to watch me and Brooke Anderson today on "Showbiz Tonight" at 5 p.m. ET and again at 11 p.m. ET on HLN. See you then!

Watch Showbiz Tonight Weekdays Exclusively at 11PM ET on HLN.

1. Sukas

If you owned grazing land,you could pprsooe the idea of letting other herders graze on your land for a small fee. If they don't have the money ,then pprsooe the idea of protecting their herds on your land for now and in the spring they give you half of all the newborns in their herds.

April 24, 2012 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  2. derp

Who taped the caterpillars to his forehead?

February 23, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  3. The Urinator

Yeah...I would give him a golden shower.

February 23, 2011 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  4. Ole Grandad

Justin gives great hand jobs.

February 23, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  5. RUMPelstiltskin

Im gonna lock Justin in my closet for 3 days and have my way with him.

February 23, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  6. Sean Pennis

No movies this year. Priority #1 is to get in a bubble bath with Justin and my Donkey.

February 23, 2011 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  7. bel

whatever the reason behind his having a haircut is none of anybodys business, its a normal thing everyone is doing once in a while.. its just a hair for god sake, even if he goes bald if hes really talented nothing will ever change that!

February 23, 2011 at 6:07 am | Report abuse |
  8. Bieberfever

I kinda like it.......of course its going to take a bit to get used too.
    My freind doenst like him now that he cut his hair though.......

February 22, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Steve D

Really...this is what it's come down to? We have troops in Afghanistan and Iraq risking there lives and all you can do is report about a damn haircut? How about trying a high and tight!!

February 22, 2011 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • D

UM....this is an entertainment blog...If you want to talk about Afghanistan, that would be another blog...probably in World or Politics...

February 23, 2011 at 2:18 am | Report abuse |
  10. D

I don't think it looks more 'mature' because it's a very common hairstyle for young adults

February 22, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Julie

@Superhiro: let's face it. This kid has a serious promotion handler.

I do like the haircut. I'm sure the Bieber fan will pony up the cash for the hair. I like that the snippets will be sold off for charity. My kids love him.
    Reminds me a lot the swirl around David Cassity, Donnie Osmond and the J-5 in the 70's.

February 22, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Heather

No matter what his hair looks like Justin will always be a role model to teens everywhere! Justin is going to be 17 in a week! He is not to young to be in the music industry or appearing in an episode of CSI ! Justin is still hott! He has a great voice girls are crazy in love with him! There is no way that his hairdo is going to mess up his career!

February 22, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  13. D

What's the difference?

February 22, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Superhiro

Lol Tyler, your comment made me picture Bieber with a 70s p0rn stache and I almost died laughing.

February 22, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Tyler

MIne TOO ! He looks so butch ! I love it girlfriend ! If he will grow a cute little moustcahe. OOOOOH WOW.

February 22, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Superhiro

Lol. Gross.

February 22, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  17. BIG JOHN

I love his new hairdoo. It made my weeeeiner feel all tingly.

February 22, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Amy Tn

I really like Justins new cut but I loved his other better. I have a 5 year old daughter and she loves him so much and my 9 year old does too. They think that it will hurt him since all the younger girls love him not only for his music but his hair.

February 22, 2011 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Just Sayin

Folks, lighten up please.
    He is young, talented and having a good time, and he'll probably mature into a fine singer. If not, let him enjoy the "ride."
    After all...he is only a kid, and a nice one. Not a bad role model for your children to follow.
    His haircut looks great, he's still a "cutie."
    And please......re: all the gloom and doom in the world, we are all aware of what's happening out there and at home. Some entertainment to take off the edge keeps us sane and balances out our lives.

February 22, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Too much attn

When I see a picture like this my first thought is "he's just a child" and he's being used and sold by the music industry to make a buck. He's too young to be in the business right now. They will use him and burn him out and he'll be another child-star than ends up on drugs when his popularity fades (e.g. Britney, LIndsay, etc....). So sad :(

February 22, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Jena Anthony

Justin is a talented individual. Whether he has his hair cut or not. My daughter's love him and so do I. He is so sweet and just a wonderful person. I can't believe that everyone is going nuts over his hair..Everyone complained when it was longer, and now everyone is still complaining. He can't get a break. The one thing that stays the same is he is talented with or without hair!! Everyone grows up and moves on. He can't hair the same hair at 16 as he does when he's 20. I had a Dorothy Hamill haircut at 10...not at 20!! Give him a break! Justin...YOU ROCK AND WE LOVE YOU!!

February 22, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Cheaterville

Waaaaaaaaaay too much attention for this kid. Pay more attention to http://www.cheaterville.com a brand new site that launched on Valentines Day! Post about a cheater anonymously for free! Register your name and everyone you know so you get email notifications whenever someone posts about you or anyone on your list for free! Dont be the last to know......

February 22, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Maria

have people go nothing better to write about than someones haircut????? Like the world is going to come to an end because he cut it??

February 22, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Superhiro

Are you kidding? Two entries about the same story in the same day? Come on

February 22, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |