February 22nd, 2011

Girl's rendition of 'Born This Way' makes Gaga cry

Have you heard Maria Aragon sing yet? If you haven't, you should check out the 10-year-old's rendition of Lady Gaga's new single "Born This Way."

It's so good, in fact, that it made Gaga tear up with emotion. She tweeted: "Can't stop crying watching this. This is why I make music. She is the future."

But the story doesn't end there. Maria got the chance to chat with the pop star when Gaga called in to Toronto's Virgin Radio 99.9.

"I want to tell you something Maria, because not only do you have such a beautiful voice, and you are so joyful to watch, but...every once in a while, whether people believe it or not, I have a very bad day," Gaga explained. "I was not having such a good day, and when Perez sent me the video of you singing 'Born This Way,' I was so overjoyed that I began to cry. This industry is very difficult for women sometimes and they want to tear us down and tear us apart."

Gaga went on, "I worked on 'Born This Way' for so long and I knew that the world would rip it to shreds when it came out, but when I saw you so young and so beautiful singing those words so purely, it reminded me of why I wrote this song in the first place and it reminded me why I make music. Thank you so much for making my day better...Never give up on your dreams, Maria."

A stunned Maria could barely respond, but she did manage to squeak out one pertinent question for Gaga: "Where do you get your outfits?"

1. LoVeLy_LaDy

Nice!!!

March 13, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Cindy

The world is socially trapped in a materialistic world with No respect for there selfs or others.No moral values even less standards of human decentcey. I would not excpect any more than the comments made. The saying "Treat others as you would want to be treated". Maybe taking time to look at things a little differently. I'm sure that would be asking to much. Its sad to know of the shallow, small minded individuls that consume the energy of this earth. Check yourselfs!

March 13, 2011 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  3. Madonna

Ok enough is enough Gaga. I'm gonna sue.

March 12, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jehsea

As I sit here in my sizr 0 jeans, 24 in. waist, and bursting 34 DD bust – even at age 54 – reading all the horrible comments from men directed at both Maria, a mere child, a Lady Gaga, Who totally ROCKS, I ALMOST got upset with you boys...

Then I remembered you all SURELY have huge beer guts, regularly forget showers & deodorant, consider the toothbrush a device the little woman uses ti clean around the faucet, pride yourselves on playing the National Anthem on your armpit, and are TOTALLY willing to light your farts on fire in public!
    SO,OF COURSE YOU DESERVE EVERY WOMAN WHO STRIKES YOUR PUPIL TO BE PERFECT!! BTW, HOW MANY PLATINUM RECORDS DID *YOU* HAVE BEFORE AGE 25? OR, EVER!?

March 6, 2011 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Ricky57

Very talented indeed ! But unfortunately she is an ugly slitted eye Asian girl and as we all know looks do matter a lot. If she were a cute looking Afro-American or nice Blond blue eyed girl she would probably have a much brighter future in the music industry. Never the less she is talented.

March 4, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michelle

WWOOOOWW!!! Man , are you one up-tight shallow- minded biggoted person. I feel sorry for you. Do you even realize how hateful and arrogant you sound?! I brought my kids upto believe that hard work and dedication pays off and never to accept defeat because your a woman or ethnic or any other stupid reason people (like you ) use to make others feel inferior. For real, you need to check yourself and your way of thinking.

March 15, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Andrew Noronha

Gaga makes music?

March 4, 2011 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jon King

The sad thing is that a 10 year old would even know who a drug addict like that is.

March 4, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Annie

Will Lady Gaga finally admit that this song is just a remake of Madonna's "Express Yourself" for real now?!

March 4, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • BubbleTea

I don't recall now why I hated that John meirrad Yoko, and I don't care anymore. He was in love with her, and she was in love with him. Yoko's ex kidnapped her daughter, Kyoko (b. 1963) and hid her in a cult for 27 yrs until 1998. As a mother, I cannot imagine the terrible hurt Yoko must have endured for all those years. John and Yoko were together 24/7 from 1969-1980 except for a 15 mo. break. Together they created art, music, and had a son. This song is so appropriate. Thanks for uploading.

April 26, 2012 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  9. BobH

The very human act of a moment of compassion releases a blissful awakening – releasing a deep unconscious knowing of what it is to be alive – to experience and know the profound connection with life. The transformation is upon us – where we will finally know what we don't know – that we don't know – which changes everything – forever!

March 4, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Eimi

If Stefani Germanotta (I refuse to humor her with that ridiculous and blasphemous name; Queen does not deserve this kind of shame) would stop trying to be such an "artistic ingenue" for five minutes, she might actually make *real* music that doesn't sound EXACTLY like everything else on the radio.

March 4, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Iosif

Notice the few people "defending" Lady Gaga. I wenodr why, maybe because you like that someone is making it as a copy cat. There are the people that start the trends, the people that wear them before they are popular, then there are these commenters who catch on to a trend long after it's dead and don't think anyone should be able to criticize them for their complete lack of style. Great, Lady Gaga is out there making it without talent or good looks. Lets not forget this is a little rich girl! Sigh, when will people be their own inspiration rather than turning to these horrific celebrities.

April 24, 2012 at 7:55 am | Report abuse |
  11. steve

lol this is still my fav born this way vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULXzZXgcCh4

March 1, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Superhiro

Dang.. really folks? Just any excuse to be racist.

February 23, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  13. banasy

Lady Gaga makes *me* cry.

February 23, 2011 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  14. Mark

Wow! She's so talent and so sweet! She makes Canada proud! Good luck Maria! :)

February 23, 2011 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  15. BEAVIS

These was funny post ! Hee Heeeee He Heee He. FIRE ! FIRE ! FIRE !

February 22, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  16. dude

and here i was blaming the media for giving women a beauty complex, when it was really just people like you guys here. here is an artist who has been extremely successful creating amazing videos and music, and all you can do is talk about how she is not a perfect 10. has anyone let maria aragon know that asians cant be a perfect 10 either. CHILDREN

February 22, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michelle

I agree that it's truly sad that people can be so shallow! Is it really fair to judge others solely by their looks? Beauty starts within and I applaud Lady Gaa for daring to be an individual. Isn't that part of what makes America truly beautiful is our willingness to embrace individuality.....I feel sorry for the people that make really rude and mean- spirited comments, shows that inside their truly miserable. Misery loves company?!

March 15, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Victor

Does American Idol take canadians????

February 22, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Victor

Future American Idol contestant?

February 22, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  19. jamieinsanjose

FACT: lady gaga is three chickens and a cat glued together under an oversised hat.

February 22, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  20. factory man

I find your comments about lady gaga having a vuhgina face to be both accurate and timely. With all the troubles going on in todays world we do not need a scaaarry haagg trying to entertain us. She is both gross and disgusting. yeah.

February 22, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Chris (Little Monster)

I watched the FULL video on YouTube yesterday. Lady GaGa is such a sweetheart. She loves her fans and actually pays attention to them. This little girl is so talented. I can't wait to see them perform together. Little Monsters UNITE!

February 22, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  22. niecey channelle

BUTT UGLIEST SINGER THERE IS. NO WONDER SHE HIDES IN A EGG. HER FACE MAKES ME VOMICK !

February 22, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  23. niecey channelle

Fist time i heard vuhgina face sing it i cried too. And barfed up 2 weeks worth of good beans.

February 22, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  24. cheefsfury

OH AT FIRST I THOUGHT THIS WAS GONNA BE MADONNAS VERSION

February 22, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  25. emma

she is an oold vajjina face

February 22, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  26. oet904

who cares shes from canada

February 22, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  27. yoyoyo

it's funny cuz she's asian

February 22, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  28. hahaha

hahahah better than gaga. should just stop making music now and let the so called "future" take over.

February 22, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Superhiro

I have to give it to Gaga. She certainly knows how to generate free press. Though I suppose that's not particularly hard these days.

February 22, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Chelsea Morning

Funny that you mention a Toronto radio station. The video I've seen has signage for Hot 103 in Winnipeg, Aragon's hometown.

February 22, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |