Britney Spears has a 'Hold' on product placement
February 18th, 2011

Britney Spears has a 'Hold' on product placement

It's understandable if you feel the urge to shop as well as dance while watching Britney Spears' new music video.

That's because the singer has a few product placements scattered throughout the four-and-a-half-minute video for her single "Hold It Against Me."

About 37 seconds into the vid, we get a shot of Brit's new perfume "Radiance," which she promptly spritzes. A scant 10 seconds later up pops Make Up Forever, which the good folks over at Bella Sugar have informed  us are also the makers of the Aqua Cream Waterproof Cream Shadow Spears is wearing in Steel.

Later, Brit Brit uses the free dating website PlentyOfFish.com, perhaps so she could find someone to hold her body against.

A hot guy appears on the site, and she's able to see him crystal clearly because she's using a Sony monitor. Nice!

Product placement in television and films is nothing new and Spears has utilized it before. In 2008, jewelry and luxury good company Bvlgari was featured prominently in the music video for her single "Circus."

1. boligrafos publicitarios

Its like you learn my thoughts! You seem to understand a lot approximately this, like you wrote the e-book in it or something. I think that you simply can do with a few % to drive the message home a little bit, however other than that, this is wonderful blog. An excellent read. I'll definitely be back.

September 20, 2012 at 7:38 am | Report abuse |
  2. monkee66

Don't care how much I dislike her music. This has to be one of the smartest ideas she has had in years. Beats shaving the wrong hair huh Brit...

February 23, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Shel

BritBrit's presence in the video is product placement. She's nothing more than a gimmick.

February 23, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  4. jaysunstar

Honestly I didn't even notice the product placement. I was too busy focusing on her fat stomach.

February 23, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  5. G-reg

I can't wait until chaos ensues and you idiots finally realize that everything in your lives meant nothing when it comes down to it. You wasted all your time idolizing crap celebrities, watching 4 hrs of commercials every night, and gossiping the remaining time in your life. When you finally realize that its all meaningless and has not benefited you at all, how will you feel then? Remember this post. It won't be long.

February 23, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Whoa whoa whoa... this is not my batman mug

Stop sippin' on the haterade, G-reg. Lighten up, maybe you'll live longer :)

February 23, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • G-reg

@Whoa whoa whoa... this is not my batman mug – Stop sippin on the Purple Kool-aid. Maybe you'll wake up.

February 23, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  6. bay inflienced

Hmmm

February 23, 2011 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  7. jesus

Supp

February 22, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  8. HAZEL

ALL OF U PEOPLE ARE "HATERS"!!!

February 21, 2011 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  9. LOVELY

sandyluvspollo@aol.com

February 21, 2011 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  10. kathy c

TV IS GOING TO BE ONE GIANT INFOMERICAL!!!!!!!

February 21, 2011 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  11. crum woowick

Peanut was a duck and the Goose was a Labrador Retriever.

February 20, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Barack Obama

Harry Reid!! Give me bloody butthole from lots of penetration!!!!!

February 20, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  13. arnold ziffle

she don't even live wit her baby-daddy.

February 20, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  14. arnold ziffle

you had it right the first time. she's a 'ho.

February 20, 2011 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  15. runner

Hot not ho..lol

February 20, 2011 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  16. runner

What the matter cheeto? y u say we r middle age bc we think she is ho?

February 20, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  17. cheeto guy

I freakin agree she sucks doesn't she know tht and all of u who think she's hot and stuff u must be middle aged I mean come on get wit the time period britny :(

February 20, 2011 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  18. arnold ziffle

BRITNEY SPEARS SUCKS. TOTAL WASTE OF TIME AND ENERGY!

February 20, 2011 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  19. arnold ziffle

Washed-up, pre-packaged has-been. The only reason she still sells CD's is because most of you morons have no idea what good music really sounds like. I can tell you're all idiots by your spelling and grammar. BRINE SPEARS SUCKS! GET A CLUE!

February 20, 2011 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
  20. bootyboot

she's pretty shameless with the product placement in this terrible video. does she not have enough money already?!! does she need a gold Cheeto statue? I think it's a sad state of affairs that the music industry has become solely about producing souless, talentless "musicians." the song is over-produced crap, the video is over-produced crap (I almost had a seizure), and Britney can't sing worth a lick. And she certainly doesn't have any more charisma. must be the meds.

February 19, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  21. david

I'm sure the overload of products in this video went to pay for some of it's expenses. Each one was targeted to appeal to her audience. You can't blame her or the label for offsetting expenses. People may be irritated by PP, but without it, there wouldn't be the amount of entertainment there is today.

February 19, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  22. ellie

i think that GaGa putting Mirical Whip in one of her music videos was worse. i mean common at least this was kind of a cute way to squeeze in some products GaGa just like flashed it like she wanted to say 'look i like sour mayonaise. sobuy it'. leave britney alone shes gotta make money and obviously she does. you all are just jelous she has millions and you got nothing

February 19, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  23. Jeff

I'm not put off by product placement. As long as it's not a direct attack on the sensibilities or the wallet, it should be allowed to continue.

February 19, 2011 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  24. amw

I don't listen to music like this or have heard her new song but what I do see is some people being jealous and talking crap about a girl trying to make a living some of us prolly don't like how she sings(guilty) but there's a reason y she is still around. I don't see how half the crap nowadays gets on radios or tv its just what ppl like. But I won't talk down about the person bc they came up with the stupid song r singing it which is making them millions, most of us have to do hard labor to work for our stuff. So itjust shows the ppl who talk crap r just jealous

February 19, 2011 at 2:53 am | Report abuse |
  25. rich

Looking good still .! go into actin,

February 19, 2011 at 2:05 am | Report abuse |
  26. random

I hate myself for even reading this crap. Will she just give up retire and leave my radio alone

February 18, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Junior T

Britney is hot ! I love to see her dance. If you don't like her , look the other way you pack of whiners.

February 18, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  28. i must say

I think billy has a pretty good idea

February 18, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Oona

I watched about the first 20 seconds of this video. Nothing ground breaking or earth shattering. The song isn't great and she could never sing. She can dance, but that's all the draw I see with her. Guess I just don't get it. Maybe I'm not into packaged pop music anymore. I kind of like people with talent.

February 18, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  30. britty

she is so wonderful. support with 5$ everytime you click on this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh2UtjGgAuM

February 18, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Ralph

You know, Britney is a horrendous singer. Yet, she's hanging on. Instead of taking some lessons and actually trying to get better she relies on the same old nasally, electronically enhanced singing. Her dancing looked lazy and her facial expressions look bored all the time. The poor thing is exhausted. I wish she would do something else.

February 18, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Beautiful Vixen

Lol..@WOWW and Bill. @WOWW you just have to laugh at these guys. Anyway on her video I think she looks great. I wasn't paying much attention but she looks like she lost weight.

February 18, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • RLHEIM

Brit is as fine as frogs hair split four ways! Survivor she really is and an extremely talented one at that. I give props to a woman that has a statement to make and shows no fear in doing so.

February 22, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • StuckInATimeWarp

Anyone who still uses wannabe gangsta' terms like "props" is stuck in the past and should pursue their fantasies in private with some kleenex when rubbing one out to an addled, autotuned, delusional has-been.

February 23, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  33. chris

the music video SUCKS @$$ i think i just lost half my brain cells. wow the music industry REALLY sucks now. Or is it just the idiots that keep buying this crap!!!

February 18, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Maryann

Well of course there's product placement everywhere. Corporations have to do something to combat the recording of TV shows that allow fast forwarding through their commercials!

February 18, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Chloe

She is the person that would do that what a mistake

February 18, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Chloe

Something shed do is that what a mistake

February 18, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Rwa

That's product placement!

February 18, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  38. WOWW

Bill, you know, you really are a sick and unfortunate individual. I really do pity you.

February 18, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Superhiro

Pretty soon everything on TV will be one big product placement.

February 18, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Nick

Celebrities are using a lot of product placement in their videos now-a-days. Britney's was nothing short of spectacular. Even when the whole world can turn on her, she bounces back up, and always comes out on top. She is a true survivor.

February 18, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • NICKintherearwithnogear

ya.....i'm sure you think she was FAAABBBBULOS if you get my drift

February 18, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • NIckintheRearSoKweer

All hail the lip-synching spokesperson for the white trash set.

February 23, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |