'Wonder Woman' actress revealed
February 17th, 2011

'Wonder Woman' actress revealed

NBC has found its Wonder Woman.

The network has announced that "Friday Night Lights" star Adrianne Palicki will play the Amazing Amazon in David E. Kelley's upcoming "Wonder Woman" pilot.

Palicki, who played Tyra on "Friday Night Lights," previously appeared in Fox's quickly canceled "Lone Star" series, and will be seen in the upcoming "Red Dawn" remake.

Lynda Carter famously sported Wonder Woman's eagle bustier, star-studded short-shorts, bullet-deflecting bracelets and magic lasso in ABC's campy 1970s series.

The NBC show will star Palicki as the superhero's alter ego Diana Prince, who juggles being a crime fighter, corporate executive and modern woman, according to a post on DC Comics' The Source blog.

Do you think Palicki has what it takes to play Wonder Woman?

1. Khailenem Winneyv

Hey this is somewhat of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding skills so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

July 3, 2012 at 2:08 am | Report abuse |
  2. team awesome

Fantastic website. Plenty of useful information here. I'm sending it to a few pals ans also sharing in delicious. And obviously, thanks on your effort!

April 13, 2012 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Gunner

Well no need to worry about the NBC show if it were A ship it sank wile still tied to the dock. And forget about A movie most of the news on that is over A year old. I mean most of it is dated 2011 it's now 2012 and there is no news around. It's like we are driving around in circles past the same tree agin and agin. So either Wonder Woman is being made under A cloak of secercy so tight the C.I.A. would be envious. Or more likely there are no movies in production and Mr Roboanov of Warner Brothers is blowing smoke our way.

February 17, 2012 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Bootlegger69

I have to agree with the person that suggested Katy Perry or maybe Rose McGowen. They also need to skimp up the costume a little more.

July 16, 2011 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jake

Needs to be someone without alot of star power...which is why she is perfect

April 19, 2011 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  6. doug

I was absolutely positive they would choose Sarah Palin. She fits all the qualifications and personalety to be a real Wonder Woman super hero.

April 13, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  7. gary

Hi,can I say something to you ? I will marry with my girlfriend at next month. I love her very much. I promise to hold a good wedding ceremony and give her a beautiful wedding dress. But I have visited weeding shop already, I found the wedding dress are so expensive, and looks bad. I was so bother about that. When I search the internet, I found a online shop Weddingdress(dot)com.ph. It sell many kinds of wedding dresses and prom dresses. I found it so cheap, and the picture looks so beautiful. But I still doubt about that. And I can not help but temptation. When I get a wedding dress from the online shop, I found it beautiful. And the most important my wife likes it very much. When she wears it, she looks so beautiful, and I can not recognize her. The quality also good too, when you touch it, you can feel the material are best. Thank for the shop, now we are so busy to prepare the wedding, I will love my wife forever. To Buy Amazing Cheap Designer Shoes & bags, click here

April 11, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Movie Blogger

I do not like the casting for Wonder Woman. Her acting is not seasoned, her body maybe fit but she does not look Amazonian, she is just a blonde hair white girl dyed her hair black. I grew up on WW and yes L.C. will always be the 1st WW but come on Adrianne is not exuding the Essence of Wonder Woman is, Hollywood you have got to be serious. I am heavily disappointed in the cast for Wonder Woman. Sucks!

April 3, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Car Country

My credit was not that great, but if you live in the Tulsa area you definitely need to go see Roger. The guys down at Car Country helped me find a car I could afford. So Happy!

March 23, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Ralph Veras

Yes Adrian Palicki has the look and all the attributes to play the role this super heroin.

March 21, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  11. LizName*

Well, she's pretty, but I'm honestly disappointed. Nothing about her screams "strength", she's actually pretty shrimpy. No, she's no wonder woman. The show seems to be going in a "highschool chick does cosplay" direction.

March 20, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  12. cassandra aymond

If this young lady is going to be Wonder Woman, she has large shoes to fill Linda Carter was the bomb back in the days.

March 19, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  13. necole ramsey

If it is not going to be the same as the wonder woman in the 70's then leave it alone .

March 19, 2011 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  14. jesusiscomingback

i haven't seen the new wonder woman yet. I hope she look, & act jst like the 1st wonder woman.

March 19, 2011 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  15. Super Freak

Hello! Eliza Dushku should have been cast in this role. She's gorgeous, athletic, and a little frightening when she's pi##ed off!

March 18, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Super Freak

AND this should have been a movie...series or movies...NOT a series that will crash and burn 6 episodes in...geez.

March 18, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  16. NoDoubt

She was in the movie Legion with Dennis Quaid. Good actress.

March 18, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  17. AFriend

I think Kasey Poteet would have been a much better choice.

March 15, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  18. BJean

Carter will be the only real Wonder Woman.

March 7, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  19. chris

Should of put in Megan Gale. Much better figure for wonderwoman. Downright down to earth. More characteristics similar with any other actor. She even comes from an island that takes crap from no man.

March 4, 2011 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  20. MisterSinister

Being a die-hard Wonder Woman Fan (TV mostly). I look forward to the day when she comes back to TV. I don't know who Adrianne Palicki is, and as beautiful and pretty as she may be, I don't know who she is or anything about her. I'm not too keen on remakes because I fall for the original series and become attached, i.e. Bewitched, Charlie's Angels, The Bionic Woman...and now Wonder Woman (?). I wonder who the other choices were. If "Palicki" is the pick of the litter, she has got to bring "IT" and bring "IT hard" because in my eyes, there is no other Wonder Woman like the fabulous Lynda Carter!

February 20, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  21. danceland

I'm sure she will be great. But, personally, I was hoping it would be La Toya Jackson.

February 20, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  22. Sandy

She's very pretty, but her looks are more Iowa corn fed than exotic Amazon. She's more what I pictured for Supergirl. And I wasn't too impressed with her performances in Legion (where she had to be tough) or Smallville (where she had to play a powered being). Only time will tell, but I'm not feeling it.

February 20, 2011 at 4:44 am | Report abuse |
  23. Mely

Bravo NBC and David E. Kelley! Adrienne is a great actress (she totally blew me away on Friday Night Lights) and so much more than a pretty face. Can't wait to see the show!

February 19, 2011 at 6:18 am | Report abuse |
  24. MichaelEdits

If Wonder Woman doesn't look intelligent, all is lost. I don't know if this is bad casting or just a bad photo, but I'm not seeing it. Sorry.

February 17, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  25. popejon

No way, her boobs arn't nearly as big as Linda's. You need really big boobs to be wonder woman. Its all about the big boobs.....

February 17, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  26. jdog

yup, they're 'big' enough...so....jsut sayin'..it's how jobs are gotten in the Wood

February 17, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Raven

Not happy with the choice. I would have gone for Lucy Lawless, at least we already knew she was a amazonian princess before:P I kind of feel bad for this girl, the older ages from late 30's on upwards are going to be very critical of this role.

February 17, 2011 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Aumeshing

I've met her in real life. She is not tall or fit enough for the Wonder Woman role. I don't think Bruce Wayne would approve of her either!

She might do better as a villian such as Circe or MAYBE Big Barda.

February 17, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Lucky Louie

Another NBC flop. No wonder they're in perpetual 4th place.

February 17, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  30. LK2

Who the heck is she? Never seen her before....

February 17, 2011 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  31. ha

Derek, you fool, she's an actress. Just cuz she acts klutzy doesn't mean she is, honey.

February 17, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Hollywood sucks...

Why are they remaking Red Dawn?!?!?

February 17, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • thorrsman

@Hollywood sucks..., They are remaking "Red Dawn" because they think they can make a buck. Why else does Hollywood do anything?

February 17, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  33. LkE

Good choice....good talent

February 17, 2011 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Superhiro

Let's also be clear here. There won't be a Wonder Woman movie. That is a pipe dream.

February 17, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Corbijn

I'm sure she will do a decent job; will the producers, writers and others behind this do their job? WW is a great superhero to made a show or movie on but the comic vs. the old show everyone watched are different things. People already love the comic for what it is so why change it around to the point that it becomes something different. If the really want to pull this off they need to stay true to the original structure of the character & the comic.

February 17, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  36. webman6

Let's make sure we are all clear here. This is the choice of NBC to play Wonder Woman on their upcoming television series, not the choice to play WW in the supposed upcoming movie. Wonder Woman is an Amazon figuratively, not literally. She's from a mystical island, not from the Amazonian jungle. It seems apparent that this television WW will not bear any more than a passing resemblence to the DC comics heroine. From reviews of the first scripts, this is a stinker of the first water. I give it three episodes, tops.

February 17, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Corbijn

Actually she is an Amazon; from Greek mythology. It has nothing to do with a jungle in S. America. Know what your point is before you make it.

February 17, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  37. marshall

Why the hell are they remaking Red Dawn?Is the lack of originality that bad in hollywood?Quit remaking movies and write something!Its what you get paid for!

February 17, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Adam West

The 70's Wonder Woman TV show was not "campy" as the article states. I don't think people these days even know what "camp" is. Sheesh.

February 17, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Billy Bohamm

This is Jethro Bodine's daughter by Miss Hathaway.

February 17, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Slim Perkins

Did the article say this was a man? He Looks like a cross between Rachael Maddow and a telephone pole, although he does look a bit better than Mr. Maddow.

February 17, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  41. JK

Let's just save everyone a lot of time and cancel this show right now... see: the cape, heroes, perfect couples, the event, chase. And those are just a few ones off the top of the head. Nice batting average NBC... or as I call it: Nothing But Crap.

February 17, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Skeeter Jr

Why the long face?

February 17, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Jim Bob

He looks like Rachael Maddow with a stuffed bra.

February 17, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  44. RangerBob

With David Kelley at the helm, it will be a minor hit, but will stay on the tube at least a couple of seasons. Kelley is a genius producer.

February 17, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Cieje Valentine

What the heck, DC/WB? Get a WW FILM project going B4 the genre's popularity crashes! *Facepalm*

February 17, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  46. cpc65

Physically she looks right for the part, both her face and body. Now the question is, can she ac..... wait, who am I kidding here? Just as long as the costume in tight and revealing and it's all good for us guys. To quote Homer,"She can tie me up with her magic lasso anytime!"

February 17, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Ka-Boi-i-i-i-ing

I sort of pictured Emma Zone.

February 17, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Name*Andrew

Lynda Carter will allways be wonder woman to be an as to not being American like superman they both fought for the old red white and blue

February 17, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  49. ec

Thank you for casting a woman who looks like a woman instead of a bag of bones.

February 17, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  50. cherbear

oh shucks. I was hoping to see Bridget Regan as Wonder Woman. Quite tall, stunningly beautiful AND looks like she could kick some serious a$$. Will wait and see; hope it works out.

February 17, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  51. garyd

She has cornered the market on 'Wonder"!!! Adrian Palicki's got the right stuff to be Wonder Woman.I'd watch her without the sound or audio track!!! Thank you Jesus for High Definition and LCD screens over 42 inches amen!!!

February 17, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  52. justsoyouknowidontgiveahoot

FAIL

February 17, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Mayte

To all of those saying they should update wonder woman's look. If you keep up with the comic, mid 2010 they revamped her look. It's less revealing, more badass.

February 17, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  54. LB

If they get" comic book" writers to write the script, maybe it will have a chance. But David E. Kelly, not a action guy horrible choice!

February 17, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  55. ED

Katy Perry would be the only one who has the potential to follow in Lynda Carter's footsteps as Wonder Woman–she has the figure & the face.

February 17, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Chris

Please not the classic costume. Lynda Carter did that. Use the new look from the comics for the new Wonder Woman.

February 17, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Superhiro

Meh to her and meh to Wonder Woman in general. Second tier heroes shouldn't get their own shows.

February 17, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Beebers

What a terrible choice! Her rack isn't even close to being big enough. Lynda Carter has GUNS!

February 17, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  59. morgana99

Hollywood needs to put a break on all of the plastic surgery, or never cast someone with obvious alterations in roles that wouldn't have "gotten work done" To see Angelina Jolie play anyone but a plastic surgery experiment is poor casting. So many other actresses have done awful, distracting things to themselves and should lose roles for it in the interest of authenticity in art. I DO NOT believe for an instant that Wonder Woman went and got bad fake boobs, nope, not a bit.

February 17, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  60. joe

what about sesame street?
    will she ever be able to go on that show ..?

just wondering?

February 17, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Larry

I'll reserve final judgement until see her in the part, but at this point I'm not at all impressed, and it has nothing to do with her cup size. I just don't find her attractive.

February 17, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Thorbecke

I am so glad they didn't pick Olivia Munn.

February 17, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  63. jreality

I've always loved Wonder Woman, the Amazons, and their being part of the whole pantheon of Greek gods, and I loved David E. Kelly's quirky shows like Boston Legal. But combining the two? EWWWWW!
    This smells like another unwatchable comic book-inspired mess, like Catwoman, Superman Returns, Smallville, Birds of Prey, etc.

February 17, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  64. General Blankenship

I assume the "Man From Atlantis" remake is being worked on, as well as the "Tenspeed and Brownshoe" remake. Can someone confirm?

February 17, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  65. OneStor

Big mistake it should be Nadia Bjorlin from Days of Our lives. She has it all -Check out her photos. Google her.

February 17, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • General Blankenship

You may have a point. That chick is making my mouth water....

February 17, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  66. D.S. Poorman

For a What Not To Do To Wonder Woman Guide see the almost unwatchable: Catwoman.

February 17, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  67. WW Fan

There are only two women I think would be able to fill the role of Wonder Woman: Lucy Lawless (Xena, Warrior Princess) and Emily Daschanel (plays Bones on Fox). Either one of them would have the height and the exotic look of an Amazon.
    Adrianne Palicki looks like the classic girl next door. Nothing wrong with that, but I just can't see it.

NBC, please rethink your choice.

February 17, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mr Wolf

Lucy Lawless would've been perfect....15 years ago. Emily Deschanel? Too short, too thin and that lantern jaw makes her look like Maria Shriver's little sister. Now, her sister Zooey has the face, but also too short and too thin.

February 17, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  68. General Blankenship

Hollywood must be a said place to work these days, when they have to go back into the past for yet another remake. For starters, you can't replace Lynda Carter. She could probably still do the role. I predict this one will go down like the Bionic Woman, Knight Rider etc. Somebody should do a poll to see who is/was the better Wonder Woman. That fine Lynda Carter still wins hands down...

February 17, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • jreality

You're forgetting that today's TV executives were the kids who watched Wonder Woman, the Bionic Woman, and all the other TV shows that have been remade for TV or theatres.
      Besides, Wonder Woman is one of the best-known female fictional characters, so it's easy to sell to an audience. In the 60s, one producer wanted to use her for a half-hour sit-com, now Kelly promises an hour of super-yucks.

February 17, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Beauty isn't what it used to be.

They might have as well picked Miley Cyrus.

She's borderline cute but not beautiful or captivating or breathtaking.

Doesn't even have the curves. Face sort of flat, that "cutesy" short distance between upper lip and nose, you know that look.

Is she tall at least? No pizzaz, just an actress thats middle of the road, safe, wide-appealing, picked by popular culture creators based on their tastes and what they think will appeal to a wide audience. Its as if she was picked based on country appeal, hokey hipster, gentrificational, hayride neo-rockabiliy hokeyness appeal.

Just a sign of what is considered "beauty" these days.

February 17, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  70. spence

Even though it's over 30 years removed, still really going to need someone comparable to Lynda Carter's figure, specifically in the upper dimension, which this gal, while not bad at all, but not quite adequate. Carter was the right balance of smarts and beauty. A hard act to follow.

February 17, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Super Amanda

Adrianne Palicki has the complete OPPOSITE of the Wonder Woman body!! Fill out what?

I am VERY angry as a fan of the comic book. Boycott for certain! Once again, a woman who is very boyish with false breasts and built with zero curves steals try ANOTHER role made for the NATURAL , HEALTHY hourglass figure. Adrianne Palicki is the ANTI-HOURGLASS which is VERY offensive given that the Wonder Woman role is about a healthy, AMAZON with a hourglassy, powrful body, not a little willow wand square. I hope the show is a huge flop. I guess Kate Moss will do the Jayne Mansfield story next? Oh and for all you haters, Christina Hendricks' all natural curves would have been FAR superior to Adrianne Palicki's skeletal look. All she'd have needed is a few months with trainer at the most. Comparing Adrianne Palicki to Hendricks is like comparing Whitney Port to Sophia Loren. Adrianne Palicki? Why?

February 17, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • MDFaraone

I agree with your comments 100% , I too was rooting for Christina Hendricks to get this job, add a little muscle under her womanly curves , ....and Bam ! you've got the perfect WW body. I H-A-T-E fake breasts on a woman, and I'm a guy.
      ....and the mole between this chick's eyes is about as distracting as a dark stain on a white shirt.

February 17, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mr Wolfe

In their heyday, Sophia Loren or even Gina Lollabrigida as Wonder Woman? Yummy!

February 17, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  72. james

Don't know any of her work but I Googled her. Not a bad rack but could use a little silicon, looks like a pretty good can. Doesn't have the big shoulders. Definitely tall. Get her some implants and she should do well.

February 17, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Wayne

Uh, I'd hate to break the news... Adrianne Palicki is a C-cup at best. Go look at her photos on IMDB. This shot in the white dress, she must be using a push-up bra.

February 17, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Plain Jane Appeal

C cup implants. Fakery.

Wonder Woman is all natural. I don't think comic book creators said to themselves, yeah, and she had implants to get by in hollywood... or original TV casting people said... hmmm well, we can add implants in pre-production...

February 17, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  74. John

I'd be willing to bed that all of you who are complaining about this casting choice, never saw a single episode of FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS; it was one of the best hour-long dramas ever on TV, and she was one of the best things about it.

February 17, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  75. aspen969

Since wonder woman has never been redone, I thought they'd be no one to replace linda carter as the original....boy was i wrong – she looks like a great choice but big shoes to fill

February 17, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  76. MDFaraone

The birthmark between her eyes is distracting as all hell , especially in other photos. She is also really a blonde.
    I think they could have done much better.

February 17, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

You're complaining about a birthmark and the color of her hair? Really?

February 17, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  77. TC

Not who I really pictured for WW. I think a great choice would be Catherine Bell. Tall, gorgeous and looks the part for WW.

February 17, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Kevin

MEAGAN FOX should have gotten this role...She was MEANT to be WONDER WOMAN

February 17, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Mr. Marvel

Sorry, but WW has been disrespected
    -too skinny
    -too American
    ...WW is supposed to be Brazilian correct? or atleast "Amazonian"

February 17, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mr. Wolf

Not again. Have you ever read a Wonder Woman comic? Or a book on Greek mythology? Amazons are not from the South American jungle. Yes, it's called "The Amazon," but that isn't were the Greek Amazons are from. Brazilian? Really?

February 17, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  80. RichP, easton, pa

How can we tell, you covered her picture up with print, geeze...

February 17, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Stentor

Looks like she's got some amazing amazons of her own. Like Maya Rudolph said to Katy Perry's character in the Bronx Beat Saturday Night Live skit, "Kaboom, those are some bazooms."

February 17, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  82. WonderFan

Well being an extreme Wonder Woman fan ... I will allow this move forward with the caveat that she not wear the aweful new uniform they put her in ...

February 17, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Mike

Linda Carter was much prettier. They could have done much better than Palicki.

February 17, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Chris

Really? Of all the hero's in the DC and Marvel universe, you go with Wonder Woman? Really??

She's not that interesting. I give it 1/2 a season before the plug gets pulled.

February 17, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  85. topjimmy

Palicki would be great for the TV show but cast Adriana Lima for the movie. She is a real Amazon woman. If she is too busy with Brady then sacrifice the height and go with Jessica Beil.

February 17, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Jack

And I though Sarah Palin was wonder woman, did Fox lie to me?

February 17, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  87. marco polo

I for one would prefer to see "Wonder Woman Gone Wild"

February 17, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  88. CC

I like it. She's a wonderful actress...yes I saw Legion. Watch FNL if you doubt her talent. Good call NBC.

February 17, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Cliff Clavin

[insert boob joke here]

Amirite?

February 17, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Eddie

Invisible airplane and the lasso of truth. I give it 3 weeks.

February 17, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  91. ron31

This woman is STACKED like a brick sh** house

February 17, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Hmm

And here i thought Lindsey Lohen would make a great WW since it is a wonder she is still relative according to the news.

February 17, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  93. HDaniels

no where near as hot as Lynda Carter was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 17, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • General Blankenship

You got that right. Lynda carter was a tall busty brunette in an era that favored blonfdes. She has the male demographic locked down from 12-60. I don't think this new accress can hand withthat. No offense.

February 17, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  94. neoanakinpotter

She has the drop-dead gorgeous looks of Megan Fox....but get this "SHE CAN ACT ALSO!" I say great choice!

February 17, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  95. RS

She's a very good actress, one of the best on FNL, a show which featured a number of very good performances. I think she has the ability to bring a very solid take on WW.
    She showed great ranged and was really good in a number of different storylines. She was also very good in her recent guest stint on Criminal Minds.
    I 'm actually most worried about Kelley's ability to develop a solid series that will not only bring in comic fans but also mainstream viewers (being on NBC doesn't help).

February 17, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Mel

If a decent script isn't there, it doesn't matter TOO much who the actress is, as long as she CAN at and has "the look". Director Kevin Smith read part of the script of this pilot on one of his blogs. It was amazing piece of garbage. I'm a very long time WW fan (show and comics) and I'm not looking forward to this hot mess, esp., if what Kevin Smith has read is any indication of what the pilot will be like. I'm all for modernizing WW. But let's not turn her into some kind of bar hopping bimbo, or a show that's trying to be "hip" with the hottest songs of the moment. YAWN.

February 17, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Hizzonner

Sure! Why not? The woman shouldn't be rail-thin and waif-like (which lets Angelina out). Should have a classic look (this girl looks like Dita Von Teese), and should be fun to look at. Good choice. Megan Fox was supposedly an early contender, but she's a turd in the punchbowl, no matter what project she's doing.

February 17, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Truther

Adrianne Palicki had breast implants (surprise, surprise). This is easy to see when comparing her bikini pics from the past to those in the present.

February 17, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  99. abby1

It's hard to imagine anyone else playing the role of Wonder Woman besides Lynda Carter. The only other actress that I could possibly see doing a good performance in this role is Angelina Jolie.

February 17, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mark

Angelina Jolie would be exotic looking enough to have come from Paradise Island, but now way too old for the part...and the networks wouldn't be able to afford her salary.

February 17, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Addison

She seems like that she can make it work. Hopefully she can play the part, if not, I will be disappointed. Im going to try to go into it with my expectations VERY low, just to avoid the disapointment.

February 17, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  101. B=Dog

Google image... she can really fill the costume :)

February 17, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  102. ThatGuyThom

Le sigh. I kinda hope this doesn't see the light of day. And on a side note, I think Julia Voth ( http://www.juliavoth.com/home.html ) would have been a much better choice.

February 17, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Mark

It would be nice if Hollywood and television could come up with something new, rather than keep reinventing the same T.V. shows that used to be popular in a by gone era. I wonder when will see a remake of Land of the Giants or My Mother the Car???

February 17, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • whisper

Its much easier for them to ruin good shows of the past then to hire writers who have original ideas.

Why else would all the networks either remake older tv shows/movies and/or take other countries popular tv shows and Americanize them..

Originality is no longer a word American networks & writers use or know

February 17, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Marco555

Hope she can act cause this is a really, really tough gig. You gotta' have chops, you gotta' really dig in there and become Wonder Woman.

February 17, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Pancho Villa

Are you guys serious? Who cares about the script? The show will be a hit, so long as she fits the costume well.

But she better have that hour-glass figure, the hips, curves and bumps that Linda Carter proudly showed off.

February 17, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  106. J

It does not really matter which actress they choose for the part. The Wonder Woman show will be a flop regardless.

February 17, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  107. MyOpinion

The question is.... is she wearing the old WW outfit or the newly designed outfit? I will give it a shot and watch. Second, why can't hollywood come up with something original? Stop spitting out movies that have already been done. Really?

February 17, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Ken

I wasn't aware that Wonder Woman had silicone implants. Another Comic myth shattered.

February 17, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Superman

She can make me a sandwich faster than a speeding bullet.

February 17, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  110. duryea

She absolutely fills the bill. Was great on Friday Night Lights. Good for her.

February 17, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  111. WonderLost

First, hire someone who understands who Wonder Woman was and still should be to write the scripts. Then let that person (probably a she) have final approval on the casting of WW. I doubt this actress is the best available. Why are we always turning iconic people into TV bad jokes? I'd rather have no WW than a pathetic excuse for one.

February 17, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • fdasfds

jerk

February 17, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Meh

^ Would've made the perfect WW in my opinon. Just watching the clip on that site you can see her love for the character.

February 17, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Lee

Not to be a negative Ned, but anyone notice all the memorable series they've tried to bring back have all failed (Bionic Woman, Knight Rider to name 2).

February 17, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  113. comicwizard

The plot line is so far off the comic this will last three episodes at best. If the stuffed suits in charge of productions can't get it through their empty heads that we want to see what we read on the page and stop injecting their stupid ideas into what may have been a great idea. Your an executive because you have no creativity. Just push papers around and boink your assistant and shut up.

February 17, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Kim

This really should have been another Jennifer Garner/JJ Abrams collaboration. I suppose we'll see how it goes...

February 17, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Emma

She looks like a really good choice. I really like super heroes, so I can't wait to see the movie.

February 17, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  116. RangerDOS

Ouch! Oh yes she can/could/what ever!

February 17, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  117. MightyMoo

I'm going to expect the worst from this and be pleasantly surprised if Hollywood actually pulls this off right. Nothing against the actress, but making RL hero's isn't something Hollywood is always good at.

February 17, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  118. gasly130

She's beautiful...5'11" tall, can fill out the costume can probably play a range of emotions...was pretty psychotic on Criminal Minds...however a new show on NBC? Pretty slim chance this will survive...

February 17, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Dan

I think Lynda Carter could've still done the job.

February 17, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Christian

Vavavavoom!

February 17, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  121. whiskeyjack3

all that matters is if she's got the ta-ta's to keep people watching

February 17, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Biwwy

Whoopie Goldberg.

February 17, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  123. drf

Gina Torres should have gotten the job. She is more of a Wonder Woman than this girl is.

February 17, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Mr. Lohan

Lindsey Lohan should get the part.

February 17, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  125. T

been a fan since I was old enough to wear the costume – every year for holloween since the mid 70's. everytime it will NEVER seem right... because nothing will EVER be like the original.

I just hope they get it right enough that this generation will be able to embrace a wonder woman that represents the character she is supposed to be; someone that inspires little girls, young women and excites all the men!

good luck kelley... big shoes to fill (and really.... the actress should have been someone more statuesque and curvy)

February 17, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  126. 3DogMama

First it was Batman and Robin which when the first movie came out Batman was a dark character. Sorry I still prefer Adam West and Burt Ward. Now a re-do on Superman. Sorry that role was played by Christopher Reeve who to me is still Superman. Lynda Carter was a fantastic Wonder Woman. Stop messing with good things and making them worse.

February 17, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • whiskeyjack3

stop complaining, and welcome to the current decade...adam west is far better off doing his voice over on family guy, and the batman we now see is far closer to the comic book batman, the newer superman movie was great, and christopher reeve, while a great superman, isn't likely to reprise that role anytime soon...but hey, if you want, you can just sit in a dark room and remember the shows of yesteryear...the rest of us want current entertainment

February 17, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  127. johnrj08

For a comic book character to translate successfully to network television it has to appeal to a much broader audience than a comic book. If Kelley produced a series that was even remotely close to this comic book character, it would get laughed off the air. What will be interesting is seeing how Kelley handles Diana's connection to the "Gods". If he goes in that quasi-supernatural direction, it will be a huge miscalculation. Somehow, the character has to be grounded in naturalistic reality, much as Superman and Batman are. Palicki appears to have the beauty for the part. Whatever 'shortcomings' her figure might have will be enhanced by her costume. Still, Lynda Carter was THE consummate Wonder Woman. Perfect from head to toe.

February 17, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mr Wolf

Then you are missing the point of her being Wonder Woman. Yes, modernize the character's depiction a bit, but if you lose the connection to the Amazons, the Greek Gods and Wonder Woman's mission to be a representative of her people to the world at large, you've lost the core of WW. Might as well call her Ally Mazon and have her fighting in the boardroom and crying in the bedroom while eating a pint of Chunky Monkey from the carton.

February 17, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  128. comic_fan

Sorry, she doesn't have the legs for the part. Too skinny.

February 17, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  129. lynn

i'm glad they went with a lesser known actress

February 17, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Zier

Well is for a TV series so i think she is good for it.
    She looks cute and good body for the role, a little too pale for the real Amazon girl, but with a nice sun-tan is solve ! Good luck girl and have fun kicking butts ! :-) woo hooo

February 17, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • AEF

I don't know. She looks like she could be Greek/Mediterranean to me.

February 17, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  131. danny

@ Jeff, Have you seen Human Target? Its a comic turned TV show and it's a great show.
    As far as the "Amazonian" body, Sofia Vegara would be my choice, but someone else's voice would need to be dubbed in. I'll give the pilot a shot. Can't be worse than The Cape.

February 17, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Albert R

She was one of my first choices. I thought she would be great. Now if DC would actually listen up on Green Lantern, we'd be straight. Go get 'em Adrianne.

February 17, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Em

As long as she has big gazongas she will do just fine!

February 17, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  134. United States of Erica

Wonder Woman is first and foremost an Amazon. This means she is thick, curvaceous and looks like she can handle herself in any situation. Christina Hendricks would have been perfect for this role because she is exactly that. Wonder Woman had boobs, hips, butt and a figure that made mere mortal woman seethe with envy. Hollywood is too obsessed with these vomit queens with more fake parts than a Toyota.

February 17, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  135. John

She certainly is "hot" enough for it.

February 17, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Jeff

Has NBC learned nothing, superhero shows do not do well on primetime networks all they do is mess them up.

February 17, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Superhero shows that are done poorly like The Cape don't do well. Like every genre, the superhero genre will have its share of flops and its share of hits. A lot of the time, the flops will happen because, like in this case, the producer really doesn't have much of a clue about the source material – see: Catwoman, the movie. Other times, the flops will happen because they show is just executed poorly. Hits require the same elements that exist in all hits whether the show is a genre show or not – characters with whom the audience can empathize, compelling plot lines, distinctive hooks that continue to draw viewership and so forth. My first impression when reading the above blurb was 'ugh.' Because there is no doubt that the producer is attempting to turn Wonder Woman into something she is not because what she is does not interest him. If you start out disinterested in the core concept of your show, it's pretty unlikely your show is going to succeed.

February 17, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  137. BeeBee

I think the real worry here isn't the casting, it's the possibility that in Kelley's hands, this series will end up being a soap opera about the love life of Diana Prince instead of, y'know, Wonder Woman kicking butt.

February 17, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Tessa Brown

Are her eyebrows freakishly huge?

February 17, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Drew

Red Dawn remake? Nice.

February 17, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Jonathan

She doesn't look strong enough to punch her way out of a wet paper bag! How about a Wonder Woman that really looks like a hero instead of the bony fembots that populate Hollowwood. Yes, I meant to misspell it thank you! I'm referring to the hollow heads that run that town.

February 17, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  141. mecatfish

OK-Who cropped the picture.
    Musta been a flatty patty.

February 17, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  142. flyonthewall

Does everything have to be re-made? Can anyone come up with an original idea and leave the classics alone.

February 17, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Offof20

Does anyone remember who played WW's sister, in the original show? She went on to become a huge star, in her own right. Debra Wringer. Let's see what happens. This young lady maybe more than what is expected.

February 17, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  144. carl

she is cute but i think of ww as being this statuesque beauty. she would be great as a baywatch beauty but not this. that mole between her eyes has always distracted me. megan fox wouldnt get out of bed for the money that a series would pay. olivia wilde is already on a series so she is not against series work and probably wouldnt mind being the star of a show. put 10 lbs on olivia and she is the statuesque high cheek boned look that i think of.

February 17, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  145. timm

...Adrainne who ???

February 17, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Dennis The Menace

...you havent watched Smallville that is...she was used by Jor-El as fake Kara (Supergirl)...

March 20, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  146. xjdavid

She's fine, but...corporate exec? Boooo.

February 17, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  147. Mark

That little girl is gonna play WW?? A corporate exec in L.A.??? SMH... I don't see this lasting very long.

February 17, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  148. capinvenus

She is a stunning woman. Good luck!

February 17, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  149. Qwho

No high hopes here. Some one who has read the script said it was like WW meets Ally Mcbiel* (I think that's how its spelled). Ill watch it, but not for long. GO GARMY!

February 17, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  150. Blue Horseshoe Loves Anacott Steel

this seems ok and ill watch it. what im more upset over is that someone is remaking Red Dawn!!! why do people keep doing remakes? Leave Red Dawn alone.

February 17, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  151. RTH

Maybe they'll recruit Lynda to play her mother.

February 17, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
    • MJ

Lynda Carter is STILL beautiful. Once I saw her sans makeup and she was unbelievably gorgeous. She'd do well to play a cameo or the mom.

February 17, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  152. whisper

Well heres Yet another old series ruined. But I guess thats fine (to the networks) as long as its cheaper than getting writers with original ideas. I give this one one series, then off to the Bin it goes.

February 17, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Amused

Seriously? Ruined? Go back and re-watch an episode or two. It may have seemed great when you were a kid, but seriously, that show was garbage.

February 17, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Jaime

Well, I guess it's all about the script now.

February 17, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  154. RD

Nope, this doesn't cut it for me. She just doesn't have the visual impact that Lynda Carter (for good example) did as the Amazonian Hero.

Keep looking, guys.

February 17, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  155. flo

Well find out...hope so

February 17, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  156. Zwitek

I wish America would hurry up and get over its obsession with "too skinny – fake breasted" women. Wonder Woman my foot. Christina Hendricks should be Wonder Woman.

February 17, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  157. TRH

I think this is good casting; she's a solid actress with a look that should play well. I am, however, concerned about David E. Kelley.

February 17, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  158. DoYourResearch

Boo! Hiss! You saw what he did to the Americanized "Life on Mars".

February 17, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  159. Dee

Wow, those are some insane eyebrows! Pluck them, please.

February 17, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Aguy

Dee, you have got to be female, because no guy cares about a woman's eyebrows unless she has a uni-brow.

February 17, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • pluckwhat

Pluck what? Her eyebrows are fine. Unless of course, you love those stupid pencil thin "OMG Im Super Suprised!" eyebrows. Ugh, those are soo stupid looking.

February 17, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marty

I agree with the others, lighten up Dee! If she's happy with her brows and hair color – kudos! I wish more women would just be happy the way they are. Bleached hair, fake breasts, and globs of eye makeup do NOT turn this fella' on.

February 17, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  160. mobrule

wait a sec, let's get to the bigger issue, they're remaking red dawn? why? leave the classics alone! remake the BAD movies, not the good ones.

February 17, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Cedar Rapids

'remake the BAD movies'
      ...they are, they are remaking Red Dawn
      *zing*

February 17, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leave our history alone*

They have to remake classic films in order to liberalize them. All the patriotism must be removed and replaced with tolerance. Anything wholesome must be replaced with crude. All references to god must be deleted. History must be rewritten And capitalism must be shown to be evil.

February 17, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Wonder Woman was never a patriotic hero, though she wore a star-spangled, red, white, and blue costume. Wonder Woman was never even an American and the source of her abilities stems from Greek myths.

February 17, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Comic Nerd

She doesn't have that "statuesque" look, but, we'll see. She has big shoes to fill. She played a baddie on the Aquaman pilot, a fake Supergirl on Smallville and she got roasted in Supernatural. I guess CW likes her. She was also in Legion (the movie). Lets see what she has in her.

February 17, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  162. Angie

Diana, Princess of the Amazons, an immortal, a woman as strong as Superman, is a corporate exec in L.A.?
    The problem isn't the casting. It is David E. Kelley not having a clue who Wonder Woman is.
    I'll give it a try, but I'm not hopeful.

February 17, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • GenXorcist

I'm with you there. This "reinventing" has me worried (is it really necessary?), but, like you, I'll check it out before passing judgement. Who knows? Maybe it'll work.

February 17, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Charles

Agreed. I never understand how Hollywood continues to mess up iconic characters that have YEARS of history IN PRINT. We know what works with these characters and what doesn't. DC Universe has even had different versions of WW (and is currently sporting a "new look" for WW). David should have waited until Joss Whedon accepted to write and/or direct the series.

February 17, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jim

Angie- I suppose a corporate executive type in LA is unusual for WW, but I think that a yeoman from the Second World War would make Diana Prince rather old if we are to continue that persona in the modern era. Do you really think that a 90 year old Wonder Woman would get as many viewers? I didn't think so.

February 17, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • JimmieG

Hey Angie....when can I see you in your Wonder Woman suit? I think your jugs are too big for the top though babydoll.

February 17, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael

It actually makes a lot of sense for her to be a business woman/CEO. She has played the part of a CEO in the comic books before so it's not really a stretch. I mean this is NBC the same studio that brought us The Cape and that show is still on the air looking like it'll make it through the first season. I mean this is NBC they kept the crapfest that is Heroes on the air for 5 seasons!! So I think that this Wonder Woman show may do ok as long as they ramp up the action.

February 17, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Volntyr

In response to your statement "Diana, Princess of the Amazons, an immortal, a woman as strong as Superman", you also do not have a clue about Wonder Woman. She is not immortal (which is why she has her Hephaestus-god made bracelets to deflect bullets. if she was immortal, she wouldnt care) and although she is very strong, Superman is a lot stronger.

February 17, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • whiskeyjack3

@voltnyr, immortal doesn't mean indestructable, it simply means someone who doesn't have a mortal lifespan if left alone...she'd still have to defend her life though....

February 17, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Where she was ranked as far as strength goes among the DC heroes depends on who was writing her at the time. During John Byrne's run on the book, he pretty clearly established that her physical strength was second only to Superman's. Other writers have had different takes. It's one of the things that make a TV series or a movie about Wonder Woman dicey. She doesn't have nearly as clear a character line as either Superman or Batman and what passes for her rogue's gallery of villains is actually quite boring.

February 17, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

I wouldn't count on The Cape making it through its first season. The ratings are about as low as you can go without being on the CW.

February 17, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • U.S. Common Sense

I agree. She shouldn't be a corporate executive. They should stick with the story line. After all, is she somehow going to have corporate meetings all around the world where there just happens to be a crime that needs to be solved? They better rewrite the script while they have time.

February 17, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • ArmyguyDan

Be sure to remind me to not watch this

February 17, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Massive Marbles

I totally agree Angie. Especially since people don't know the dynamics of an amazonian society. This is actually their chance to be the first to show a lesbian superhero. She shouldn't be bowled over by pretty boys or Col Trevor. She should see men for their weaknesses and realize that she is stronger. There would be a gritty 'no holds barred – you can't touch this' feel to her character. Which would make her magnificently unique.

But, I'm sure they'll make her into a 'man' lover who will ultimately be persuaded to a woman under a man's will. pigs

February 17, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ed Chamblin

Yes she will be good, she is a beautiful woman...,

but there is only one Lynda Carter. I used to see Lynda in the grocery store in Potomac Maryland and she was too beautiful to believe...

BIG BAD ED

February 17, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • ddv

@volntyr you have a lot of catching up to do with Wonder Woman. She does not need any of her gifts from the Goddesses anymore. And, yes, according to DC she is as strong, if not stronger than Superman.

As for the choice of actress, I will wait and see, but she does not resemble any amazoms ever depicted in the comic in the last 10 years.

February 17, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michelle

Pallaki IS tall at 5'11", but she's got some big shoes to fill! Only time will tell – I just hope the WW costume is awesome with a cape and all – and I'm curious if we'll see her "invisible plane" :-) I'm really excited, just hoping I'm not going to be disappointed!

February 17, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Nice Spread

My My. She looks Palickilicious!!

February 17, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  164. hmm

I suppose this is acceptable... she seems like she could fill the part... but only time will tell.

February 17, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
    • tim43

Never heard of her but she looks like she can at least "fill" the costume.

February 17, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chuckles

Looks like she has everything she needs to me!! and then some.

February 17, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jujubeans

I hope they update the costume. What this country needs is more T and A.

February 17, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • caveman

Haaaa!! Toledo, Ohio in the house... :) You go Wonder Woman :) Show em' how beautiful you women are from our state :)

February 17, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jack Danials

Modernize it and make sure it's politically correct above all else.

February 17, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barak Ollama

It seems like there's at least a couple of parts of her that could fill the part...

February 17, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Derek

This is a terrible choice. I'm a big fan of FNL and Tara, as I prefer to call her, is an AWFUL athlete. They had a whole show where she joins the volleyball team and it's a joke. She's very pretty and I enjoyed her character on the show, but she looked like she had no natural athleticism at all. A modern version of WW with women kicking ass in sports as much as they do these days, it seems redonkulous that they wouldn't cast someone who can move like a Mia Hamm or a Diana Tauresi (sp?).

February 17, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Todd

To me, Linda Carter will always be Wonder Woman.

February 17, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Zack

This chick has credentials. She has done family guy, robot chicken, smallsville, and even did the aquaman pilot. She was on supernatural, she is a geek's wet dream. She probably has a WOW acct.

February 17, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Boy Wonder

She rocks my roll.

February 17, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Don_J

Really... then answer this question... how tall is she... Vertically AND Horizontally...hmm?

February 17, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • 66Mustang

Looks like she fill the part. Time and her performance will tell. Personally, I think Jaimie Alexander (played Jessi in the ABC Kyle XY series) would have been a much better choice. She certainly is more athletic, and I believe she has the acting skills to do the show.

February 17, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom

Honestly, I was expecting someone to actually look like a Wonder Woman. When did wonder woman turn into some kind of super model? All I can think is gosh someone give her half of your sandwich, she must be starving. On second thought, they could have picked Jolie to do it instead. Yeah, she looks more like a wonder woman. It wouldn't be a step down from her last role as second fiddle to the pepper shaker. um. oh well.

February 17, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • birdface

I'd bang her

February 17, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

@birdface–I'm pretty sure she has several bodyguards to make sure that never happens.

February 17, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mips

Should have been Katie Perry!!! She fits the part to a "T" (no pun intended)

February 17, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • xeusmoose

Angelina Jolie would make a phenomenal Wonder Woman and has the intimidation factor down pat. This actress looks too thin and frail to pull this one off.

February 17, 2011 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |