Sarah Jessica Parker wants more 'Sex and the City'
February 17th, 2011

Sarah Jessica Parker wants more 'Sex and the City'

Sarah Jessica Parker wouldn't mind having more "Sex" in her future: The actress says she's definitely up for a third "Sex and the City" movie.

"I would go back. I think there's one more story to tell. I know there is," Parker tells the L.A. Times. "I'd definitely tell that [third] story, and I know Michael [Patrick King, the show's writer/producer] would do it right. But maybe not now. Maybe in five years, you know?"

Why the wait? Parker, who is currently filming the comedy "I Don't Know How She Does It," says she wants to challenge herself with other characters and projects first.

"If I'm not scared again that's not good for me," she says of taking on new roles. "That's literally no good for me. If I'm not terrified and nauseous and worried the first two weeks of production, then what's going to happen? You could wither on the vine. It's like if you can't use your leg. It just atrophies."

There have been rumors that a "Sex and the City" prequel is in the works starring "Gossip Girl" actress Blake Lively as a 20-something Carrie just arriving in New York, but Parker couldn't help but wonder if that's a bad idea.

"I was like, 'Wha-a-a-a-t?'" says Parker. "I don't think we can pretend to go back. It's creating two histories. It's like, 'Oh I didn't know that about Carrie Bradshaw.'"

Do you want to see a third "Sex and the City" movie?

1. Shannon

I never, ever post on these things, but I have to agree with everyone that is completely disgusted with all of the negatives comments focusong on Sarah Jessica Parker's appearance. While I know she is not the standard image of beauty that we are accustomed to seeing in Hollywood, she is certainly not ugly. Posts like these force people to think they need to live up to unattainable standards of beauty. I don't understand this mentality. It's neither productive nor logical for me to attack the appearances of these people that are commenting in this way; however, I will agree that people that feel the need to attack another person, celebrity or not, in this manner must be insecure and unhappy. Find something else to be so passionate about. There's more in this world to fight for.

February 18, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sarah Jessica Parkers Bird Beak

@ Shannon. Thank you Shannon now please smell my butt *POOT* <-right inya face.

February 18, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  2. monica

Please!! She doesn't really want another movie, she just wants another payday!!
    That second movie was so bad they should be refunding peoples
    money and forced to sign something saying they promise to never ever ever
    to torture us with another movie again!!!

February 18, 2011 at 3:07 am | Report abuse |
  3. Rebel

Never seen it and don't care for them.

February 17, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jeff

As one of the handful of hetero male fans of the series, I must admit I haven't seen either of the movies. (I missed the 1st one, and, based on the reviews, avoided the 2nd.) If Mr. King would pen a down-to-earth script, I'd rent #1 and attend #3. I disagree with those who have a beef with SJP's looks. I think she's gorgeous.

February 17, 2011 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jo

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    She needs to get a clue.

February 17, 2011 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  6. JJ

There should be a third movie. It would be cute! I loved the series. And I thought the first and second movies were good. If anything, since three of the girls are married, it should be samatha's turn.

February 17, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  7. sarah

Here is the plot.Mr. Big cheats on Carrie with Sammantha,gets caught.Carrie sleeps with Smith to get even.Miranda finds out she does hate ALL men ,kills the husband and the son,and Harry dies of boredom.It would be a hit!

February 17, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  8. onelinerix

I'd wanna make a third movie too if I was a old horse lookin hag getting paid stupid money to sit around with a bunch of other old annoying hags talking about nothing.

February 17, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Red Dawn

She needs to gain 5 lbs, no more, and put a bag over her head and I'll do her.

February 17, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  10. onelinerix

I'd love to see a third movie. I'd also like to stay in an iranian prison, walk on hot coals, stab myself with a blunt knife....

February 17, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  11. tracy

SJP is living in lalala land. SATC's moment has come and gone. It's moment ended when Lehman Brother's declared bankruptcy in 2008. Apparently SJP fails to understand that the public is not interested in watching she and her cohorts cavort in their $500 shoes while unemployment is at ten percent.

February 17, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Susan

I loved the series, the first movie was ok (though I could have done w/o it), the second haven't bothered. But time goes on, you can't pull it off now much less in 5 years. It happens to us all. So, no.

February 17, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  13. nn

love SJP she proud of who she is as women...look at her.all her...no botox no nothing...she looks great unless other artist mostly they do surgery here and there trying to look like mannequin stiff ..ugghh....

February 17, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Arglebargle

And I want to win a really big lottery.

February 17, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  15. jay

98 percent of u on here r talking so cruel....

February 17, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Ga Peach

NO! NO! NO! Make it stop now! It would only be to make more money and it is time to move on to something else!

February 17, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Ga peach

NO! NO! NO!

February 17, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Fubar

Yes, there is one more SaTC story to be told. A cross over with the Saw series. That ought to give a proper conclusion for the miserable characters. At least on screen.

February 17, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  19. bob

Of course she wants more. She can't get a job any other way with a nose like that.

February 17, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  20. EmSeeDubayou

`I haven't had any, and I don't care for any either.

February 17, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  21. JolieDepp

Please no more SITC movie, sequels, etc. The second one was embarrassing to watch and unrealistic. Mid 40-50 year old woman just don't act that stupid and are not that shallow.

February 17, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  22. jeannie

I think SJP is an incredble actress and a beauty icon. She is so much classier than more of her counterparts in hollywood. Yeah give us another movie but plz don't be as far fetched as the last one.

February 17, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  23. ObammaAlabamaSlamma

Whoa, seriously? An aging actress with a dead-in-the-water film career wants to make another movie? And one in the only franchise that has made her any money in the last 15 years?

TOTAL SHOCK.

February 17, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  24. bob

SJP...remember that old adage.....don't look a gifted horse, or yourself, in the mouth!!!

February 17, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  25. JJDLS

If they'd act and dress their age instead of trying to pretend they are still 20 something there might be something, I couldn't sit through the 2nd movie it was an embarassment to mature women; the first wasn't much better but I was able to watch the whole thing.

February 17, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  26. heycarrieann

Although I love having my name mentioned over and over again in a movie, a third installment would be like some dumb broad trying to force a size 8 foot into a size 5 stiletto...an awful idea and painful to watch.

February 17, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  27. leslie

What a bunch of A$$ holes!!us satc fans are worse than elvis fans OK!!don't diss my show!jealousy is a disease and you all suffer from it cause she's RICH and btw besides a less than perfect nose-very pretty!so F* off haters!

February 17, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Truth Hurts

Leslie, you're just as stupid as those Justin Bieber fans who think people are jealous because of their fame... think again. I don't need the fame because it can destroy you. More money, more problems. Use a brain the next time you make a comment. Oh, and feed the trolls more... it obviously made you PMS to see what they wrote. The movie concept is tasteless and the actresses need to find new roles... get over yourself already.

February 18, 2011 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  28. C SATC lover

I really didn't care for the 2nd but i wouldn't be able to help myself and I would just have to go see the 3rd!

February 17, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Megan

YESSS I WANT MORE SATC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 17, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  30. LStein

Wasn't the second movie bad enough, they have to do a 3rd? If they do have a 3rd, these women need to put some clothes on – they may be thin, but they are middle aged and NOT hot and young so dress appropriately.

February 17, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Superhiro

She'd do better making Seabuiscut 2.

February 17, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  32. BHB

Of course she does, she has nothing else going on. If it wasnt for that show, she would have nothing.

February 17, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Ranae

Hey Yeah! Would love to see SATC 3! But I don't want to have to wait 5 years :(

February 17, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Here Is An Idea

Perhaps a remake of "The Incredible Mr Limpett" and Ms Parker could co-star as a SeaHorse.

February 17, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Nancy

Loved the series – first movie was tolerable – second movie was painful to watch. All three ended exactly the same way – Samantha having an orgasm, Miranda and Charlotte with their hubbies and kids, Carrie in love. If it's always going to come back to exactly the same spot – what's the point in having more movies? It seems like the story IS over – they just keep reminding us again and again that the girls are happy! Okay, we get it Having said that – I hate what they did with Aidan's character in this film. Is he that much of an idiot to be sucked in by Carrie again????? I really don't think Aidan would be that hung up on her 10 years later!!! Sure she broke his heart but that last scene with him was ridiculous and did a terrible injustice to his character, I believe. The whole Dubai thing was just so dumb – I think it was just an excuse to use every tacky outfit they had in the old wardrobe.

February 17, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  36. lucky

ONLY IF MR BIGS TURNED GAY

February 17, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  37. NobodySpecial

Talk about beating a dead horse. Isn't there enough "Housewives" shows to fill women's voids?

February 17, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Kim

Sarah is not a cookie cutter cutie, but has her own unique beauty. She along with her other cast members are sensational actors!
    Each actress on S&C don't represent NY models , but real women(which are all beautiful by the way). I loved both movies
    but don't quite know where the characters would go on the third.

February 17, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Anni

I would love to see a third movie,that is more about their lives in NYC. About Carrie & Big's choice to be childfree. Make it more about real life in the city and the real life of successful middle aged women and their relationships. Address being childfree in a child centric society,address being a middle aged single woman in the city, address being a working mother living in Brooklyn, and make it light hearted and fun. Forget the fashion, flash, and travel make us fall in love with the bond these women have and their creativity for handling middle age.

February 17, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Tony

No...... The second was trash so they are trying to go to the well one more time.

February 17, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Hause Cartwright

Thats certainly a horse of a different color.

February 17, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  42. John Wayne

Well Pilgrim I guess we need some new horses to pull the wagon.

February 17, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  43. This Buds For You

Sarah looks like one of those big dumb clunky ole Clydesdales clomping around and crappin on everything. I bet she even has a tail.

February 17, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Carol

Cmon guys enough with the HorsePlay.

February 17, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  45. JackieInDallas

I'm not going to make excuses for the second movie, it wasn't very good. There were good PARTS to it (especially about the adjustments needed to make a marriage work - and the threat of having someone you used to love come back into your life), but overall, I gave it a C minus. I loved most of the series, and thought the first movie interesting. However, the only place I can see a third movie going is for either Carrie and Big to have a baby...rather far-fetched considering their supposed ages, or a major disaster befalling one of the girls.

Now, to address the comments about SJP's looks. I think that she has had a pretty good career OUTSIDE SITC, and though none of her movies are Acadamy Award winners, I think she has good screen presence. What gives her that is though she has a great body, her face is less than perfect. It is call realism, guys, and it makes her - and her characters - accessable. She's done some serious work too, if you check her filmography, althoug I will admit the majority is on the light, romantic comedy side of the list.

February 17, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Hall Monitor

You guys need to quit horsin around.

February 17, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • EmSeeDubayou

Where's a "Like" button when you need one? Two hooves up my friend!

February 17, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Elizabeth Taylor

Perhaps Ms Parker could star in the remake of "National Velvet".

February 17, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Dee

No more SJP and no more SATC. This woman has lived a fairytale life that she simply did not deserve. She has no looks and mediocre talent yet, for the last ten years we have been forced to look at her ugly mug on billboards, magazine covers, buses...everywhere! Why??? Who the hell is she and how did someone like her get to this level of fame??? It just makes the world seem so unbalanced and unfair. She needs to play Thelma Ritter parts...character parts...NOT leading lady.

February 17, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Howie2g

SJP wants more money and she can't get any other gig.

February 17, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  50. kennedy220

why is everyone so negative towards her looks. does she have to look like every other jennifer aniston? i love that sjp, angelina all have a look like not many others that are famous in this bzi. i say go for it sarah!!!

February 17, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Fidel Castro

Bring her to Cuba and we make some Cuban Steak Sandwich out of her.

February 17, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Bruce

Yeah, those SATC movies are completely unwatchable. I don't understand why everyone has to rag on her looks though. I am sure if any of you were famous, there would be plenty of trolls to rag on you for some bs too. Most people I know, outgrew that behavior in high school.

February 17, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  53. C. Miller

Is the 3rd story she talks of the one where the other girls find out she was actually Dee Snyder of Twisted Sister the whole time and didn't write a column. Please no more of this dude and her friends!

February 17, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  54. karina

I was a fan of the series & loved it...i am a true nyc girl & many of those episodes were right on..the 1st movie was very good..did u know that the photog during fashion week was world reknown Patrick DeMarshalier? I had the pleasure & privilege of being photographed by him when I modeled in nyc! so, yes, movie #1 was very good & believable.. However, movie#2 was really a disgrace & a mere way to capitalize$$ big time on the smash hit of the series & the success of first movie. I cringed at the 2nd movie..as a woman, we don't need to dwell on menopause, bowel movements etc..i think that moving the story to anywhere outside of nyc was a total ripoff of the series & a giant mistake..BAD BAD BAD...dont know if a third movie could or would be any good if it follows in footsteps of#2...maybe with Oscar awarded writers & directors?? I agree w/most posts: not a prequel but a sequel ..few yrs later...goodbye my chickies..love you NYC!!!

February 17, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  55. T

This is dumb idea.
    I rather see a "Square Pegs" movie than see any of the SATC flicks !

February 17, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  56. MIchael Martin Murphey

She comes down from Yellow Mountain
    On a dark, flat land she rides
    On a pony she named Wildfire
    Whirlwind by her side
    On a cold Nebraska night.

Oh, they say she died one winter
    When there came an early frost
    And the pony she named Wildfire
    Busted down its stall,
    In a blizzard she was lost.

She ran calling Wild–fire
    Calling Wild-fire
    Calling Wi–i–ld–fi–i–re

February 17, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Marlon Brando

"...well yes I loved doing the GodFather and it showcased an up and coming actress who had quite a few appearances within the first 25 minutes. She was all dressed in black but her character was killed off, decapitated as it were, rather suddenly. Her name? Sarah Jessica Parker."

February 17, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  58. DMuir

Enjoyed the series, and the first movie. However, the second movie was awful!! The dialogue, the oufits, the makeup, the lighting, the whole story was terrible!!! Enough SJP!!!!

February 17, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Anheiser Busch

Some customers say our beer tastes like Horse P!ss while others say it tastes like Sarah Jessica Parker.

February 17, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Mauro Gusman

I would see a 3rd as long as it's not like the 2nd. 1st movie stayed true to the series and I couldn't get enouugh them.

February 17, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Viva Las Vegas

When they found out Ms Parker was using a strap-on they terminated her employment at Las Vegas' famous Mustang Ranch.

February 17, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Tony Montana

Shes s a horse. I met her and I swear to God Mang...she s a horse.

February 17, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Retired Equine

I thought they used old horses to drag around those wagons in New York City but during my last visit there I couldnt find the wagon being pulled by Sarah.

February 17, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Beautiful Vixen

@Carol I look in the mirror every day and as always I say to myself "D@mn girl you are smoking hot" :) . Enjoy you day :)

February 17, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Automotive Industry

"...We at Ford in a show of appreciation to Ms Parker are awarding her with a gift of a brand new Ford Mustang..."

February 17, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Quaker Oats

From what I understand Sarah hats cereal but loves to tie on a feed bag full of oats.

February 17, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  67. jkhgfdd

Nooooooo make it stop!!

February 17, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  68. ScotTissue

I bet Ms Parker goes thru a box of Kleenex per day.

February 17, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  69. C

Please god, no more! The show was bad enough.

February 17, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  70. 2pac

dis chik old but she can get it fo real

February 17, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Beautiful Vixen

@SATC Fan KY..jeeze thought you were writing a book. I forgot what I was going to write. Anyway I didn't see any of the movies. I can take it or leave it. Sorry, yes I think Sarah Jessica Parker looks like a horse.

February 17, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  72. cait

I didn't think the 2nd movie was as bad as everyone had said it was...though it wasn't great, and it certainly wasn't as good as the 1st movie, nevermind the series... But SJP is saying maybe a 3rd movie in 5 YEARS? Come on now... No offense, but these women are getting old. It's a fact and a part of life. At this rate, we'll be seeing SATC 4, 5, 6, etc. and it'll be about four 80-something year old women getting it on in a nursing home! At some point, it just has to end! They had a really good run, now let's say goodbye!

February 17, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  73. The Mayans Are All Dead

The Mayans were very stupid and lazy people therefore their calendar is a farce and waste of time. Only idiots like Carol believe such non-sense.

February 17, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Carol Must Be Very Ugly

Sarah kinda reminds me of Toucan Sam.

February 17, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  75. julie

Probably because that's the only role she knows how to play & needs to milk it for all it's worth.

February 17, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Carol

You people are truly disgusting. Anytime an article is written about this SPJ, all you can do is complain that she's not "perfect" looking. Are any of you? When I read stuff like this, I hope the Mayans are correct and there is an Apocalypse in 2012 to wipe you pigs off the face of the planet. You are a bored, unhappy, and probably fat. SPJ has a career and makes millions and has a terrific figure. I bet all of you are nothing but obese shut ins who need to tear everyone down to feel better about yourself. If any of you want to see ugliness, look in the mirror. YOU ARE THE TRULY UGLY ONES!..Bunch of sick, pathetic losers. You all make me ashamed to be human.

February 17, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cracked Actor

At least we can look in the mirror. Everytime Sarah looks into one it shatters to pieces.

February 17, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Farm Called (@ Carol OR IS IT MIDOL?)

We'll order you some Midol to get rid of your raging problem. You let a bunch of trolls get the best of you... that's your problem, not ours.

February 17, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Wild Horses Couldnt Drag Me Away

That song was written for Ms Parker.

February 17, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  78. The Triple Crown

Didnt Sarah win the Preakness or was that the Kentucky Derby.

February 17, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Farm Called

The Preakness. She never got close to the Kentucky Derby.

February 17, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  79. ken

one movie was too much.

February 17, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Enoch

I loved the show – the first movie was bad – the second movie was horrible.

As much as I would like to see a decent movie, the trend downward makes me want them to stop ruining it. Let it go, SJP and Mr. King. let it go.

February 17, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Ken

I guess that Sarah Horseface Parker has run out of job options.

February 17, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Jen

Yes please yes! They are all beautiful and I can only hope there is another SATC!!!

February 17, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  83. liz

Is it going to be like a movie of "Menopause, the Musical"..not sure if I'm ready for that. They were such fun on the series, and the first movie was ok. I'm not sure whats left to tell. They seem so settled.

February 17, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  84. rolyat

I hope someone can please expalin to me the attraction to Sarah Jessica Parker. She has had a fantastic run in Hollywood. And she's not a great actress. Middle of the road. But her looks ? She's no beauty queen. Her face looks like it's had work. Her Honker is bigger than the hood on a Mercury Grand Marquis. Sarah's face is jacked up. Sorry

February 17, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Carolyn

No third movie - didn't like the first or second. The series should have ended everything.

I met SJP in person a couple of years ago at a Macy's event for the launch of one of her fragrances. She was meeting hundreds of people and signing things yet remained very friendly and charming. She looked gorgeous in person!

February 17, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Krys

while I LOOOVE SATC...please no more movies!!!!! The show was perfect in and of itself. First movie. Great! Perfect. #2....Glad I seen it...will buy it for my collection but not needed... Sometimes you have to let a classic be a classic.

February 17, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  87. B=Dog

Plot for part 3.... THIS time they win a trip to Atlantis, the city under the sea.... except when they get there they realize that none of them can breath underwater and they drown.

February 17, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  88. SATC Fan in MA

Yes they should make a third movie! It should not be a prequel though, and SJP is right, wait another 5 or 6 years before doing it. That way, the characters will naturally flow into the period when "The Golden Girls" started.

Note: Post is completely sarcastic. SATC was a great series, ended perfectly, and the first movie was tolerable; if not necessary. Now the franchise old, tired, offensive, and worn out.

February 17, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • India Andrews

Can't agree more. No more movies!

Hopefully, the actresses invested their money wisely, and don't need another SATC paycheck.

February 17, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  89. SATC Fan in KY

Like many others I loved the series, still do and watch it on E if I come across it channel surfing. I was worried when the first movie came out and didn't read any reviews or media stories about it before the release. Like a die hard fan I was there opening night and was pleasantly surprised how well the movie picked up and seems to finish the "rest of the story" where the beloved series ended. And it should have stopped there. I have yet to see the second movie, as I had heard some plot stories before it came out and it sounded terrible....reviews and fan comments since have only proved that to be true. I don't want my final memories of one of my favortie shows to be ruined. I think greed is at play. The first movies as HUGE and no one involved wants to admit that the payday of a second movie is what they signed on for...they didn't care about the characters the fans love or the story lines we stuck by for years as the women grew into the characters we saw in the first movie. A third movie can't help this train wreck...will only add to the wreckage. And prequel.. PLEASE! Enough already!!!!

February 17, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Former SATC lover

No More!

Admittedly, I loved the whole series...the first movie was a slight disappointment. The second caused me to sit, watching the trainwreck unfold with my mouth open. From the moment knock-kneeded Liza Minelli stepped on stage and Kim Cattrall danced like a 20 year old to Beyonce's song, I sat in terror as the whole thing tanked. Not to mention, Carrie's best man suit and "headpiece" were atrocious. I believe in pushing the bounds of fashion, but that was just plain UGLY.

When the series ended SJP said she wanted to leave the show at it's peak and not have comments about "it's about time". I think she spoke to soon, because IT'S ABOUT TIME the series just gave up and died. NO MORE MOVIES.

February 17, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Big SJP Fan

Why does it seem that everyone thinks actresses have to look like they just walked out of a plastic surgeon's office? At least SJP is secure enough with herself that she doesn't have to go and change everything God gave her!

February 17, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Figures you are a BIG SJP Fan

No one is asking her to get plastic surgery... good for her that she doesn't and stays natural. However, you can't deny the fact that she looks like a horse and in some instances is said to have a bird's beak as a nose.

February 17, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Horse of Course is the Famous Mr ED

If ya wanna see Sarah Jessica Parker just turn on TV Land and watch re-runs of Mr ED.

February 17, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  92. TI

The first two were OK. didn't do the series ANY justice, however. we NEED a third to wrap up the entire SATC universe in the respect it deserves.

February 17, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  93. mrs. mia wallace

I love watching the re-runs on E!. It's so funny though, because I remember just worshipping the show, and now it seems so cheesy.

February 17, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  94. observer

Yes, I'd like to see a third SATC movie, but it needs to be back in NYC, not some third world country, and it needs to continue with the story of their lives, not go backwards.

February 17, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Get a clue

Really? Are you that uneducated to think Dubai is a third world country? Do some research instead of just spewing your first thought. A third movie could be great but only if done right.

February 17, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • hmm....

You may want to do YOUR research Dubai is a third world country the definition of a third world country. "Third World" are all the other countries, today often used to roughly describe the developing countries of Africa, Asia and Latin America.
      The term Third World includes as well capitalist (e.g., Venezuela) and communist (e.g., North Korea) countries, as very rich (e.g., Saudi Arabia) and very poor (e.g., Mali) countries.
      Below

March 11, 2011 at 3:27 am | Report abuse |
  95. Lisa

I'd love to see a Third, but they need to head the comments about what went wrond with the Second. Lord, no Prequel, please!

February 17, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  96. Natalie

I love the series but the 2nd movie bombed so badly... mixed feelings on a 3rd
    If they were going to do it then include the men more & bring Smith back for good

what happened with Jennifer's wedding? she was great in the first bringing her back would be a good idea... her hubby gets a gig in the city & she becomes her assistant again.......

February 17, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  97. dd

As much as I love the series, no, I do not want a third SATC movie. The second one was just SO BAD I don't think they can come back from it.

February 17, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  98. cj

I agree with SJP and Michael that there's one more story/movie and I for one would see it in a New York minute.

February 17, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  99. Jojo

I mean, I don't mind a third movie, but just not about younger Carrie, I wanna see a future, not the childhood history

February 17, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  100. Devara

No, just NO. The second movie was like a root canal with no Novocain.

February 17, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  101. Karl Maldens Ginn Blossom

Karl Malden is her daddy.

February 17, 2011 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  102. The Sarah Jessica Parker Face Vacuum

Dont EVER allow Ms Parker near your Cocaine stash cuz you will not get one grain.

February 17, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  103. Kris

I would be super excited for a third movie! I loved the second one (even though everyone seemed to hate it) too. Love you SJP!!

February 17, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  104. Maggie May

I would okay with a third movie IF it is MUCH better then the second one. The second movie was horrible.

February 17, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Maggie May

p.s. I like SJP and especially like that she doesn't look like 500 other "actressess".

February 17, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  105. The Farm Called

We need you to go back to your stable with your fellow horses.

February 17, 2011 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  106. two words

Kentucky Derby

February 17, 2011 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  107. emma65

SInce I'm in my forties, I would be happy to see more films with 'middle aged' women having full lives but this bunch with their shallow, materialist, gold-digging values and self-inflicted neuroses can exit stage left, and I mean permanently. NON ONE needs more of that garbage.

February 17, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Pete

Ha, I think its great that she's threatened by a younger and much cuter actress taking over the role. No one wants to see those old bags anymore. The last movie was terrible....

February 17, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Mermaid

Immature people making snide remarks about celebrities for entertainment in most of these posts...sad and stupid. I thought the second movie was embarassing, and if I have to watch 50-something women still trying to act like nubile nymphs, I will surely throw up! The fashion simply can't overcome the stunted growth of these fictional women, who are either too insecure to show America what a confident, smart, older women is really like, or still letting men write their scripts...please NO NO NO to more of that drivel!

February 17, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  110. lol (@ Mermaid)

Regardless of who thinks what about Sarah Jessica Parker, I wouldn't take anything said by a "Mermaid" seriously, especially if it pertains to a level of maturity in which we can all agree 99% of the CNN commenting population doesn't have (includes myself). It doesn't make that 99% bad... it just means there's a pretty darn good chance that you're a hypocrite for trying to point it out in that condescending manner.

February 17, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  111. hm

All that salt from the soup should also help clear up her nasal passages.

February 17, 2011 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  112. Barak Ollama

ROFL

February 17, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  113. SATC Hater

I hated the series and don't care for any of the actresses, but your comment is sick and twisted. UGH.

February 17, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |