February 17th, 2011

David Letterman 'apologizes' to Lindsay Lohan

For once the joke was on David Letterman —  the talk-show host has admitted he was "duped" into thinking that Lindsay Lohan had agreed to appear on the "Late Show."

As Marquee previously reported, Lohan recently denied the "Late Show's" claims that she was set to deliver the Top Ten list tonight, tweeting, "I'm not sure how this happened, but I am sorry for the confusion."

Now Letterman is clearing the air on how it all went down.

The debacle began last week, following an episode in which he devoted his entire Top Ten list to Lohan and poked fun at the troubled star.

"The next day I get a call and it's a guy and he says, 'Lindsay thought the joke was hilarious.' Now you know Lindsay is gonna stand trial for stealing stuff," Letterman explained last night. "So the guy says, 'Lindsay thought that joke was hilarious, she wants to be on your show,' and I said, 'Great, great!' "

Letterman told the show's publicist to spread the word immediately.

"It goes around the world," he said. "People are just, 'are you kidding me? This is gonna be fantastic, this is gonna be like the Super Bowl'... And then Lindsay Lohan says, 'Oh, you know none of that's happening.' ...It turns out we were duped. And I have no one to blame but myself, and boy is my face red."

1. ohyes

what's the point of apologizing after ?
    I hate people like Letterman- he always apologizes and forgives himself forembassing people other than himself

March 16, 2011 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  2. BowlingforClowns

Because this Hollywierd idiot loves attention. And people are stupid enough to give it to her. White trash.

February 18, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Mike D.

The lotto machine is broken.

February 17, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Timeismoney

David, get people on yhour show to admitt to all the stuff they stole, like your salary, I stole a empty coke can, and no one asked me to pay for it either. So I guess I should go to jail.

February 17, 2011 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  5. timeismoney

Lindsay, spend the nite with me and the neckless is yours. And I'll have the store drop the charges. And pay off the judge.

February 17, 2011 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Timeismoney

She didn't steal any thing the store neglected to ask her to payfor it. If I gave you a tank of gas, and didn't ask you to pay for it, and you left, and I called the cops is that fair?You and I know the clerk thought he was gona take it out in trade, and when his boss found out about it he yelled theft. Lindsay wouldn't hurt a fly.

February 17, 2011 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • U2er

She wont hurt a fly, just play with it. SHe can sit on my face anytime.

February 18, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Kevin

she's an idiot and he's a waste of time.

February 17, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Country Girl

I don't know why people like David Letterman and Lindsey Lohan make the news. There are a lot better people in this world. They are the ones that should be on t.v. and are role models.

February 17, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  9. pusspuss

I would slam that STD infected hole

February 17, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  10. brillow

they decided not to have her on the show bcause they don't have enough security cameras

February 17, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Rusty

Because we all know that avoiding embarrassment to Ms. Lohan is the most important thing in the world right now, much more important than ending war, curing cancer or fixing the economy.

February 17, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Rusty

And we all know that avoiding embarrassment for Ms. Lohan is of the utmost importance to the whole world!

February 17, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. jim armstrong, fayetteville,nc

It is not possible to embarass her or her family, they take care of that themselves, trash like her and her family are the embarassment poster icons. Soooooo, David? stop it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 17, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Tim

Lindsay is no doubt a beautiful and talented young lady. It has been sad to see her go through so much trouble. I wish her the best and hope one day she decides to leave her problems behind and move on to a better life.

February 17, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  15. JR

Since there was NO real reason for Letterman to apologize over being conned by someone, his apology was rather magnanimous.

February 17, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Arglebargle

Lindsay who?

February 17, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Lindalou

Must be a slow news day!

February 17, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  18. wowlfie

NEVER apologize to crazed violent thieving DUI drug addict!

February 17, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Laura

Considering the behavior of the Lohan family; Mom, Dad and Lindsay...I very much doubt that anything David Letterman could do would embarrass them. They seem to have no shame.

February 17, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  20. unknown

Pointing a finger at anothers misdoings does not okay your own.;-) How sad.

February 17, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Gunner

Would everyone PLEASE stop with the comments about Americans' dirty little minds loving a scandal! Have any of you ever even been to another country? Try just about anywhere in Western Europe...obsessing over scandal after scandal. STOP IT!

February 17, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  22. hot lohan

Now that she is off the crack and has some meat on her bones, in the that white dress she wore, she is looking hot!!! back to how she use to look. like in Mean Girls!! D A M N !!!!!!!!!!!! whew.

February 17, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeeeeeps

I was waiting to catch some beaver action. but I guess she wore panties. Unlike Spear. Oh well.

February 18, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  23. unknown

One more crack head trust fund child waiting to bite the dust. How sad. Too bad people can't stop enabling her, picking up the pieces, and let her bottom out?? Even our "JUSTICE SYSTEM" provides her a great "INJUSTICE". It serves no one to force an individual into rehab. She has clearly and loudly shown repeatedly that it is not on her agenda. Big waste of her time and tax payer dollars. Big waste of a life. Will we ever learn? How sad.

February 17, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  24. dislike all pretend persons

IS LETTERMAN STUPID OR CRAZY OR OUT OF TOUCH WITH REALITY TO APOLOGISE TO A DRUGGED OUT ALKY BRAIN DEAD OUT OF TOUCH WITH LIFE PUBLICITY HUNGRY HO

February 17, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Brett

I'd nail her.

February 17, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  26. karen

Top 10 Reasons the Lohan Family cannot possiby be embarrassed:
    10 – Lindsay starred in Parent Trap as BOTH girls – WOW! , 9 – The Lohan family finally got out of their trailer, 8 – The dad finally got out of jail, 8 – The mom looks younger than either daughter when she has her makeup and teen clothes on, 7 – It's hard for MOST people to drive drunk, 6 – It's not Linday's fault her 'court dress' clung 'like white on rice.' , 5 – Rehab keeps failing the Lohan family. 4 – Booze and drugs are fun! , 3 – It's not like they have much to work with, 2 – America's current obsession is white trash reality. 1 – Linday has FABULOUS jewlery!

February 17, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Eric Nicolas

He hopes HE didn't embarass her! Like she hasn't been managing for herself for a while now! This backhanded "apology" makes you wonder who is being duped here.

February 17, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Aniram

Oh my goodness! The day people would compare Lindsey Lohan to the super bowl – is the day the world has officially gone to sh!t in a handbag.

The world has become completely and utterly brain dead!

February 17, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Kate

Lindsay embarrasses herself all on her own, so don't worry, Dave!

P.S. She looks like Beavis, so it is scary that anyone thinks she is hot.

February 17, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  30. txkboy

Dave sticks his foot in his mouth...AGAIN!!

February 17, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Carol

I dont know what's more sick that people care about Lindsay or that some men excuse the fact that she's a drug addict and a totally messed up person because she's hot. Sad.

February 17, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aniram

Yea – men are pretty pathetic.

I guess that's why so many women are turning into lesbians. ;>)

February 17, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  32. CynicLgrrl

"I hope I didn't embarrass you, Lindsay, or your family" Impossible Dave–she's too busy embarrassing herSELF.

February 17, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  33. ronny park

Or, indeed, why do we give so much attention to talk show hosts?

February 17, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  34. ROSALINDA

TO All actors and actresses and TV personalities pls pick up all ur acts together cuz u r just sndng the viewers mix reactions with some of u acting weird in ur life. if u want to stay longer in the business u r in pls. do show that u deserve to be where u r now. EVERYBODY PiCKUP ur ACTS TOGETHER.

February 17, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  35. KLO1962

There should be a top ten list on why Letterman should be off the air. He is only still on because of being late at night and imagine the viewer base at that time to keep him there...lol. Never was funny and has his own issues with staff in house and then buys his way out of harrassements. Yuppie...lol

February 17, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  36. yacker

Letterman needs to apologize for embarrassing the Lohan family? She should be the one apologizing.

February 17, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  37. ROSALINDA

With Mr. letterman pls when u r on TV pls act professional and dont just open ur mouth with nonsense then afterwards be apologetic. Pls grow up sir u r on camera and everybody is watching u. Be a good model 4 everyone.

February 17, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Karen

You are looking to TV for good role models? You expect David Letterman at sixty-something to grow up?
      When did your spaceship land?

February 17, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Justincase

Used to like Letterman, going back to O'Reilly. Screw the liberal clown.

February 18, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  38. ROSALINDA

Lindsay lohan needs to grow. she is not good example to younger kids that watch her movies. she needs to pick up her act together. no more of this nonsence. The same with Mr.

February 17, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  39. scotchy

Just. Just. Just leave Lindsay ALONE!!!

February 17, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  40. snackbar

The funny part is Dave's apology for 'embarrassing Lindsay or her family.' Really!? I don't think this is going to add to any embarrassment for that particular family.

February 17, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  41. GeorgeWBush

Why does anyone with a brain really care about this train wreck of a girl who was, at best, a B movie has been child actress?? This girl is going to jail. It's about time she disappeared from the radar screen. Lindsay Lohan. Gimme a break.

February 17, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Adam

Why is "apologizes" in quotes? Seems like he genuinely, sincerely apologized to me. Putting it in quotes makes it seem insincere, at least to me.

February 17, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  43. 2pac

Las time i date dis 1 black chik, we kick it a lil bit smashin wateva, den she gon ask me im gon help hur pay hur phone billz, i wus like wat? we aint even been smashin fo two wks u must b crazy

February 17, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  44. 2pac

I still b datin dem snow whites ova a sista ne day cuz dey got dey own money n dey aint beggin all da time

February 17, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  45. bozo

That's what i love about this racist red neck country... never miss a chance to kick a person when they are down.. Can't even think beyond the blind angry rage inside that attacks anything moving to make themselves feel a little better about the miserable no life they live... The media has turned lohan into a magnet for this rage and all you robots can do is puke bile on command when the media jerks your chain... never realizing that it's the function of the media to keep you in a state of rage so you'll vote for fat pentagon contractors and support the rage and death machine..

I love lindsay lohan! Why? Because she slams it in your face what incredible hypocrites and vile people americans are.. which you can see if you just look at what is posted here.. Showing your true colors to the world! So much for the christian values I imagine a lot of them subscribe to.. no rational thought here.. just the rabid mad dog bark of the pathetically sick!

February 17, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ron in California

Bozo..Lohan brings this stuff on herself. How do you feel about Palin? do you defend her?

February 17, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Paul Shafer

How many of you here are old enough to remember when David Letterman was funny?

February 17, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • danny

I am old enough to know when he started, the part about him being funny though I do not believe ever happened.

February 17, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kman

I agree with "Dave" on his comment...never was and same deal with Leno....they were both slotted at times on Carson and they were both lame in their comedy. The funny part is that most and I still laugh why they are still on the air after many years and never did nothing notible than stand up their to say what the comedy writers say. Robin Williams would of been the premier comedian host from that era and did go on carson and made many successful movies, ones of comedy and Leno/Letterman are just lame.

February 17, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Spider008

America is so judgmental and "nasty"! There are two sides to every story. Give both of them a break. No need to be judgmental!!

February 17, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  48. outawork

It's time to retire Dave!!!

February 17, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Superhiro

Wow, bad picture of her.

February 17, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  50. ZOOMER165

THEY SHOULD PUT THE LITTLE SNOT IN JAIL FOR THREE YEARS ANYWAY. SHE'S NOTHING SPECIAL...

February 17, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Kyle

We are giving this so much attention because the American people don't know how to deal with what is happening to them and we need distractions to remain sane. While the governments in the Middle East are being toppled one by one by a growing grass roots movement towards democracy, the people of the United States are sitting by while our wealth is sucked away from us. This isn't a Democrat or Republican issue. It's not secularism vs. religion. It's a human issue and we are asleep at the wheel. I am afraid for my children. I am highly educated and I have travelled the world, worked in China and was even a USAF officer but I just don't know what to do. I have $10 in my pocket. Where is our hero? Where is our movement? Can anyone tell me how I can be that hero because I don't even feel like I have a voice anymore in this soup of misinformation?

February 17, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Music Lover

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR8-a6EkixA&w=640&h=390]

Really great song!!

February 17, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Martin

What I find really saddening is the amount of people with a criminal history who can not find jobs because of their past, but the entertainment Industry seems to be immune. Why do past criminals keep on getting gigs and have people talk about them? Should be the same everywhere, it should be much harder for criminal actors/artists to find jobs instead of always giving them a second, third, fourth chance...

February 17, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Marco555

I think she'll eventually be on the show, but Letterman has to get a spotlight on this first. He's good at this.

February 17, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  55. ccc

WHY SHE GETS SO MUCH ATTENTION ?????? BECAUSE
    1. YOU ARE READING THIS
    2. YOU PROBABLY COMMENTED "WHY DO PEOPLE CARE?"
    3. YOU ARE STUPID!

DONT COMPLAIN IF YOU ARE PART OF IT.

I LIKE TO PAY ATTENTION BECAUSE IS LIKE A SHOW IT REALLY IS, MEDIA MAKES IT TO BE. WE CANT STOP IT. I HOPE SHE BECOMES A BETTER PERSON. BUT THE PROCESS IS HARD, AND I DO HAVE A LIFE BUT I LEARN FROM HER. WE CAN ALL RELATE TO HER ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. AND ALSO SHE IS A GOOD ACTRESS.

February 17, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  56. back to rehab for her

Hey Dave. Take her to your ranch and let her buck bales and clean stalls for a month. That will straighten her out.

February 17, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  57. skeleton bay

I really hate the media,its the herpes of the soul. Letterman and Lohan are of zero interest to me. Pop culture is the death of anything creative, or intillectual.

February 17, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Jack

Letterman and Lohan need to apologize to the human race for both of their foolishness.

February 17, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  59. ricky

DL is a GOOF!!!!!!!!

February 17, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  60. A cat

I'll still hit it

February 17, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  61. TOOBAD

She's destroying herself with drugs! She'll probably be dead in a few years.

February 17, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  62. wacipiman

In ever religious book it says man is imperfect and we need to pay for our mistakes then forgive. why can't we let people get on with their lives without dragging them back through it again, again ??? Don't you think that they know they did wrong ??? they'll will have learned or will eventually. They also said to treat people like you want to be to treated. How would you feel if you ever put in the same situation and people were talking about you this way ???

February 17, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Leslee

Another case of a child star gone wrong. Now she's a junkie and a thief. It's sad. You can't help wishing that someone would help her without trying to take advantage of her, but I think she'd have to be taken out of the sphere of every person she knows in order for that to happen. Her so-called friends and her lousy parents are no help at all.

February 17, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  64. Dsn63

I bet Lohans rump looks like it went through a meteor shower after the way she has abused her body. J LO has the rump of all rumps!

February 17, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  65. justblue2

I'm old and ugly. Still would not f@@k her.

February 17, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  66. BRBSanDiego

Please wake up. The "stars" and their entourage will light farts on Rodeo Drive to get even a moment of press time. Letterman is no better.

February 17, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  67. zenora

Did you brush your teeth atleast 10min,shower 15,wash your dirty clothes,dishes,car?
    clean-up your mess!
    if you did all the above first, then you comment......I don't hear you!! maybe you hung up...

February 17, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  68. Howard

Is it even possible to embarrass the Lohan family? I doubt they're even capable of feeling embarrassment.

February 17, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  69. Joker

Lindsay hangin there! Make some money dont make some trouble!

February 17, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  70. dawn

Letterman said i hope i didn't embarrass you lindsay! the woman is embarrassing herself on a daily basis. mr. Letterman no need to apologize to that drugged out mess!!!

February 17, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  71. Meh

How could she show up for the late show? Isnt that when she is out stealing and/or getting bad lip enhancements?
    /yawn

February 17, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  72. tim

You know Letterman you just went to far and it was irresponsible for you not to check that it was a valid call in the first place. Now I'm no fan of Miss Lohan because of all the antics the rich and special think they can get away with,but you owe her a bigger apology than what you have given her so far. Plus start looking for some better staff that will cover your ass instead of hanging out to be flogged. Someone on your staff should have called. period.

February 17, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  73. joanne

Letterman started all this because its Feburary sweeps, I'm on to u Dave.

February 17, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  74. jason

Vote Bush for a 3rd term? Odd, didn't know a 3rd term was possible! Lol

February 17, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  75. Satan

America is caught up on Dumb, Nasty azz white women..... Sara Pain, Denzy Lohan....

February 17, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  76. Satan

She has the virus that causes H.I.V

February 17, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  77. madhatter

She looks like she smells like a big ashtray full of cig butts.

February 17, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  78. Scott

Did a 5th grader type this article?

February 17, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  79. TOM

NEED S TIME TO HEAL IN A CELL...IF THAT WAS ME AN ORDINARY PERSON I WOULD BE LOCKED UP

February 17, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  80. Sal Manilla

Look there are people who live their lives through other peoples miseries which is what is the ratings bonanza they all fight for (and are the results of). The people that follow this crap are not likely to watch any of the great shows that get get cancelled because the majority of the TV veiwers are watching this kinda junk. Until this past election where the young people said ENOUGH and put Obama in office where most of the usuals would be apathetic and vote for Bush for a 3rd term . Point is this is a stupid country with stupid people as the majority. Just ask around who watches FOX NEWS and ask them what kind of education did you get? These are the people that don't let facts get in the way. They just want a story they can follow. As in SIMPLE for simple the minded DUH!!!!

February 17, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  81. mooooooooo

I wish they would go ahead and revoke her probation then send her to prison for a few years. Maybe that would straighten her out. She really does seem to think she is above the law and normal rules of society dont apply to her.

February 17, 2011 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
    • BRBSanDiego

I don't want to support this sleaze in prison. Please just deport her to Haiti and erect a news blackout. Did I say erect?

February 17, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • sandra

She is a joke herself. I can't understand why she is walking around free. Her probation was violated in the eyes of the law that applies in every state. Somehow this chick who is now a cheap chick gets away with every bad move she makes and laughs at the courts and us little people all the way. Make me want to throw up!

February 17, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  82. fauxhawk70

All I can say is Letterman shows a lot more class than Leno!

Leno is the Nintendo Game Cube of talk show hosts!

Yes, I know the Wii is out!

February 17, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  83. jpm

Who Cares about LILO or David Letterman?...Late Nite Television is a Joke and Lohan USED to be a good lil actress but now some kind of a washed up Dope Fiend whos only in her 20's but looks like she's goin on 40...She's not HOT anymore she looks SICK!..

February 17, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  84. Junior T

She's hot !

February 17, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  85. d

dave's bangin' the snot out of her.

February 17, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  86. Ben

Between Lindsay and Snooky I really do not know why I know who these people are.

February 17, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  87. stacie lavon collier

I feel that if linsey lohan does something stupid,she deserve to have jokes throwed at her.

February 17, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  88. Bob Saget

Bob Saget just farted and it smelled like Lindsay Lohan

February 17, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  89. Tracy

Why does he need to apologize? Didn't they embarass themselves?

February 17, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  90. citizenUSA

We already know how dimwitted and unreliable she is. I don't doubt it was a stupid joke on her part. She should have gone on to show she can stand up to the heat. It ususally goes away once people realize it doesn't bother the person. Does she think it only happens to her? Has she never poked fun at anyone? It was funny. Letterman is a nice guy to apologize even though I feel the sarcasim and his thought of the adsurdity of it all.

February 17, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  91. kc

She's still a human being. Plus she is still talented, I hope she can put everything behind her soon. And she is very beautiful.

February 17, 2011 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
    • beth1

Yes, she is a human being – why then are we treating her as a godess? She can act – we ALL have skills and I haven't figured out why acting puts her ahead of us. She is an American and human – let her have all the same rights (w/out the perks) we do which includes, if found guilty of stealing or driving impaired, she must pay the penalty. What gives her the 'Get out of jail free' card just because she is much luckier than I am financially? And WHAT made Paris Hilton famous other than being born to a VERY rich family?

February 17, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  92. jonnyposter

Lohan is tha Paris Hilton of the new decade. Famous only because she's famous. What novelty. I guess a lot of people relate to this kind of person in the early 20's 'party all the time', 'live off your parent's plastic', 'can't get a job', 'in and out of rehab', 'good for nothing', 'I want to live in la la land forever' generation.

February 17, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Jlogic

False Lohan has been in acting since she was a child... That is why she is famous... Don't confuse Lohan for Paris Hilton who is the one that is actually famous because of her family name.

February 17, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Bob

They are much different. Lilo uses drugs and has big boobs. Try to keep this stuff straight.

February 17, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Mary

Lindsay doesn't live off her parent's plastic. She's the one with the money. I think sometimes they try to live off her! She's been in many movies, so she does work. I'm not a Lindsay fan, and do agree that she needs to really get her head together before it's to late, but it can't be said that she doesn't work or that she lives off her parents.

February 17, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • anti-moron

Dumb dumb dumb.

No, Lohan has done movies and stuff, since she was a child. Go beat your wife or kids or something productive if you don't care about Lohan but care enough to comment. What a maroon. Hillbilly much?

February 17, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Linda

Ok Lohan defenders, sorry but what has she done lately....Sorry, but she has turned into Hilton. She is an unemployed druggie. She git dropped like a hot potato from her last movie because no one wants to work with her.... because she is unpredictable....do you know what you have to do in Hollywood to be too unpredictable??? Look at Robert Downey, Jr and Charlie Sheen. Come on, she is a MESS.

February 17, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • alreadyBeenthere

"Look at Robert Downey, Jr and Charlie Sheen. Come on, she is a MESS."

A highly paid movie actor and the highest paid television actor. I guess Lilo will make a comeback!

February 17, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stuart

You're only half-right Bob. Paris also does drugs but has small boobs.

February 17, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  93. ric

I care more about what I had for breakfast 10 years ago today Dave. (Yawns and scratches azzz.)

February 17, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  94. sven

hot? lilo is a crackhead with fake boobs and ugly freckly skin

February 17, 2011 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  95. newt

She should have gone on, She needs the work. Fire all her handlers and hangers on, hire a life coach and start making amends.

February 17, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Wzrd1

"Ultimately, Letterman joked, "I need to apologize to the Lindsay Lohan family. I hope I didn't embarrass you, Lindsay, or your family.""
      HOW can he embarrass her and her family? She's already an embarrassment to herself and her family.

February 17, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • geogaddi

...and NOW you get the joke...

February 17, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • dx2718

@Wzrd1: That's the joke. Duh.

February 17, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cueball

Wzrd1, you're not a very good wizard.

February 17, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jane

Actually the joke is on Letterman. He makes fun of her but he would totally kiss her ass to get her on the show. I don't know if this was planned but if it was it was a brilliant joke. I am going to be on your show and then sike no I'm not. Then he apologized to everyone including her. The irony is everyone talking about how messed up she is and everyone can't wait to find out about her or get her on their show. It's Hollywood. Hopefully if she doesn't end up like John Bellushi she will "recover" from her problems and win an Oscar. Then she will be the strong talented woman who "overcame" her demons to have success. Though she does have problems it is funny how the media makes up the dramas in the first place.

February 17, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  96. vman

They are both great. Representing the premium of the American media, and the American society as whole. Congratulations to you all!

February 17, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  97. charles emerson

A sadistic criminal but yet she soooo famous? Who do I need to rob?

February 17, 2011 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
    • paco

i don't think u know what "sadistic" means...it doesn't really apply to theft unless she mutilated and killed someone in the process

February 17, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
    • tcp

Well, maybe she DID mutilate and kill someone.

February 17, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Todd Pizzati

LOL at your use of Sadistic.

February 17, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • 2FLI

paco I wish I could rate you up lol

February 17, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
    • justblue2

PACO, Stop the Killing in your Country.

February 17, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
    • pedro

The fact that she got herself kicked off of the Linda Lovelace story is a LITTLE sadistic – I thought for sure we had her "Gia" moment all lined up.

February 17, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • bam

yeah cuz she has never starred in any movies

February 17, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Debbie

Why are we giving so much attention to Lindsay Lohan?

February 17, 2011 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
    • kayaker247

I was wondering the same thing...

February 17, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
    • JoJo

Because idiots like you don't understand the irony of your post.

February 17, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Snowbird

A better question is, "Why are we giving so much attention to David Letterman?" Apparently Lindsey had nothing to do with this.

February 17, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
    • caveman

completely over-rated individual. I'm not even attracted to her.. she looks strung out.

February 17, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • joni

I wonder that too. It's getting ridiculous how the media and TV show announcers talk about her ALL THE TIME and give her so much publicity. WHY? She's a no-body!!!! I am sick of hearing about her and all her "troubles". Let's hear news about people who do good things and are nice and kind!!!!

February 17, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • justblue2

Nice Boobs, a fat upper lip.

February 17, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • justblue2

Crack Head and Fat Lips ?

February 17, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

@debbie

For the same reason shows like American Idol and other reality shows are popular. For the same reason some has an accident on the freeway and everyone has to slow down and hold everyone else's lives. Because American's enjoy watching other's misfortune and are addicted to knowing what everyone else is doing.

February 17, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • susan

Umm, apparently Michael Lohan did this. It seems he and Lindsey thought it would be funny, but 'her people' nixed it. So...she's complicit in the mess. What a witch. She's a little loser who has nothing better to do.

February 17, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • pooch

nice ta-ta's ...

February 17, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Robert- Atlanta

…So you will forget the republicans stole your money, sent your kids to die in a phony bush war, sold out to insurance corporations and the idle rich. Could be worse, the GOP Top Ten is – Bring Back Prayer In School, Bomb Iran, Coal is Clean, Socialism, Abortion, War on Drugs, Gay Marriage, More Tax Cuts, Drill Baby Drill and Freedom Fries.

February 17, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Geroge

Because nobody stops wondering why we are giving so much attention to Lindsay Lohan.

February 17, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • mel

I love how he apologizes for embarrassing her. She is an embarrassment to herself

February 17, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rufus

Perhaps because this is a showbiz-themed section?

February 17, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • no fan

Letterman's a moron, getting worse the older he gets.

February 17, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • CDB

I find it hilarious to read peoples thoughts on someone elses life. Seriously if you made that much money and were around that many drugs who wouldnt have fun with it. People are not as old fashion as they once were. Knowledge about drugs are all over the net so the old fake ads that would tell you your brain is just like this egg on drugs are funny instead of informative. Shes a cute girl with a lucky break in life. How she is living it is up to her. If you dont like the way she acts or how she lives her life then stop watching her movies/shows and stop clicking on these links to read about her then comment on how much she sucks. Granted the media is constantly up her ass. If she J walks I promise you it will be on CNN's front page. Im sure she doesnt mind to much. Any publicity is good publicity.

February 17, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cueball

@Robert – Atlanta: Way to go, buddy! Turn a completely entertainment-focused piece into a political rant.

Bring Back Prayer In School – I'll give you that, but is that "worse"?
      Bomb Iran – When is the last time the GOP dropped a bomb on Iran?
      Coal is Clean – Nobody, GOP included, thinks that
      Socialism – Wrong party, see "Democrats"
      Abortion – Wrong party, see "Democrats"
      War on Drugs – What's wrong with that? Or should it be "Free drugs for everyone!"
      Gay Marriage – Wrong party, see "Democrats"
      More Tax Cuts – Thank you sir, may I have another!
      Drill Baby Drill – Check out Obama's decisions after the gulf oil spill
      Freedom Fries – Now you're just being petty

February 17, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • shannonmaine

Letterman is a horses a$$.

February 17, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • ConcordantMind

Because you (and I) keep reading these stupid articles and commenting on them. That's why. :)

February 17, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • bam

her big cans dont make up for all the gingerness though.....

February 17, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jim

Just another nobody.

February 17, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • driving

because the human mind want's to here the Dirty Stuff" that is the Devil in us' and it can really cause touble as we now know"some one put out a Good new's magazine one time long ago' and it Failed""""""""'the Mind want's bad New's"' the Devil in Us" really a shame that we let the Devil do us this Way"""""""

February 17, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom

Does anyone actually still watch that show? Just sayin

February 17, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • tim

I like LL, always have. With so much happening today, I don't see why CNN would list this. I guess that's why we are Americans. :-)

February 17, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • jr

Better Yet....... Why are we paying attention to Letterman.... what an idiot!

February 17, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Don_J

I'll tell you why... if YOU had a white dress that fit you the way her white dress fit her, and you looked half as nice as she does (...we're not talking smart, OK...) and if you were a man, you'd know why all the attention and you wouldn't have to ask such a stupid question.

That answer your question?

February 17, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Try to stay focused please

@Robert-Atlanta
      Hey "Bob" try to stay on topic, bud. The article is about Letterman/Lohan not politics!! You might want to get out more, get some fresh air, or get a life :)

February 17, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  99. to Hack

Now THERE's an intelligent comment.....wonder who typed it for you.

February 17, 2011 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  100. To to Hack

Yo mama!

February 17, 2011 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  101. Wzrd1

Dude, you REALLY need to get glasses. Your eyes are shot.
    The ONLY reason that corn would pop is due to a radioactive STD in that hole.

February 17, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |