Kyle Richards: I don't know if I can handle 'Housewives' again
February 16th, 2011

Kyle Richards: I don't know if I can handle 'Housewives' again

Season one of "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" may be over, but plenty of questions still remain: What's going on with Kyle and Camille? And Kyle and Kim? And what's the deal with season two? Vulture turned to — who else? — Kyle Richards for the answers.

"Camille and I are actually in a good place," she says of Kelsey Grammer's ex-wife, who was a good friend before their season-long feud began.

"After the reunion [special], I thought there would be no turning back and we'd never be able to fix our relationship, but we're actually in a good place now. We were laughing about my face at the reunion and how angry I looked. And she was like, 'What about those looks I was throwing you?' So we can laugh about it now. I hope we can stay there, because it feels much better than things being very tense between us."

The Grammers recently finalized their divorce and Richards has been standing by Camille's side throughout the split. "I have reached out to her a number of times now that things have calmed down between us. She has been much more receptive," she says. "I know she's going to be a single mom. My heart goes out to her."

Speaking of single moms, Richards says she and big sister Kim are back on speaking terms after their explosive TV blowout. "We didn't talk for a while… it was maybe six weeks. It was after we finished shooting," she says. "We both needed to heal and discuss the things that had happened, off-camera."

Since then, Richards has learned to take a different approach in the way she communicates with Kim.

"She comes across as very meek and reserved on the show, but she's really not. She has a very strong personality as well, and you don't always see that on the show," she explains. "So I think that it's taught me that what I was doing [with Kim] wasn't working. Now I don't try to step in as much, and I let her be who she is. That's one thing I learned from all this."

Though the sisters actually had plenty of fun moments together that weren't played out on TV, Richards says some aspects of the series were so toxic that she isn't sure she'll return for a second season.

"I don't know if I have it in me again. It's been very emotionally draining," she says. "I'm going to discuss it with my husband and my children and see how they feel, and if they're on board, and I think I can handle it again, then yes I would. But if it's brought about too much drama and problems in our lives, then we'll probably just leave this behind us and move on."

As for those reports that Camille will leave Beverly Hills and join the "Real Housewives of New York"?

"I think that's a complete rumor, I can't see her wanting to move to New York," says Richards. "She wants to be here right now."

1. Kat

WOW! Am I the only one who HATES to see Kyle eating (which the camera is always focused on her eating)? Her mouth is just constantly moving in these weird ways and it's like she's always trying to get food out of her teeth. She is gross!

October 24, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Leslie

@ drew-Texas:
    "Kim seemed depressed" so it's okay for Kyle to treat her worse than dirt? uhh, No.

My god, she tried to physically BEAT her. Kyle was a monster to her own sister, mant times, in many ways.. We aren't "harsh", it's Kyle that is beyond harsh w/ Kim.
    And Kyle is friends w/ Faye Resnick...who wrote a book saying ugly awful things about her 'good friend', the murdered Nicole. Kyle & Faye deserve each other, both bottom feeders grasping desperately for more. More attention & more money. They are filthy nasty people.

February 17, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Meh

She looks like she would be grateful for a good roll under the covers...sure, why not?

February 17, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  4. whisper

"You are officially the Most Hated Housewife EVER."
    I actually loled @ that comment made by Shannon.

Id rather see another series of this RHO show than any other. Especialy the "All in the family" RHO.
    In case people cant figure out which one All in the family is its New Jersey.

February 17, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  5. Sarah

Kyle is a C-U-N-T....go away, Vyle, please...crawl back under the rock you crawled out from.

February 17, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Drew-Texas

I think Kyle is one of the best Housewives. She has the best personality, good mother,
      seems to be down to earth. Can't believe all the ugly comments about her. I love to watch her.
      I doubt if I will watch the show if she is not on the 2nd season. The cricism over how she is
      with her sister is a little harsh. Kim was hard to watch, she seemed depressed. She was nice,
      but she seemed depressed. Most housewives would love to look like Kyle, have a nice family,
      a great mother.

February 17, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Shannon

Kyle is a phony, conceited, nasty, bullying hypocrite. Everyone hates her now since she showed her true colors on the screen and revealed what a cold, heartless, jealous woman she truly is. I've never witnessed such cruelty in my life...toward her OWN sister!!!! I'm so glad Camille called her on her BS. Mauricio the Swarmy lusts after Camille, that is why Kyle is so threatened by her. Kyle was NOT a successful child actress, as she claims...Kim was a STAR and talented and love....Kim is still loved. Kyle is a monster....boo hoo hoo..."Jimmy Crack Corn" Kyle Bile. You are officially the Most Hated Housewife EVER.

February 17, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  7. Trisha

Kyle is a very hardened, malicious and cruel individual who loses control very easily by becoming verbally and physically abusive to people. Kyle is jealous and threatened by Camille, either by her looks, slim figure, lifestyle, or net worth. Infact, what does Dumpy Kyle have to gain from Camille's friendship except for the $$ that Kyle's husband Maurico would gain if he stayed in real estate business with Camille. What would Camille gain-nothing but bullying and backstabbing by Kyle who has already shown thisby her actions. If I were Camille, I would teach her a lesson and dump Maurico, Camille doesn't need Kyle and the bull** that come with it.
    The world already knows what a horrible human being and sister Kyle is to Kim, who sacrificed her childhood to support her Kyle and the rest of the family. Kyle has already demonstrated her sisterly love in the limosine and all the previous episodes showing the rejection, insults, and beat downs not only by Kyle but allowing her minions, Lisa and Taylor to partake in it as well. Yes, Kyle is in a good place with Kim and Camille. Does a hyena change its colors?

February 16, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  8. jillmarie

I hear ya- it is an entertaining show. This is the only RH show I've ever watched- I may or may not watch another season again. If the Beverly Hills cast makes another season, I definately will watch. I was entertained. The mad dinner scene alone was worth watching! And the Grammar split! I felt bad for Camille going through an unexpected split like that. Kelsey should be ashamed of himself for cheating.

February 16, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  9. J

Because I watch these shows and find them entertaining. A guilty pleasure. I don't understand why someone would comment on a show they don't watch or hate. What is the point? It is just weird.

February 16, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Victor

Here's hoping season 2 never happens.

Hate all these housewives shows. Just a bunch of spoiled rich women thinking they are better than everyone else.

What is the fascination?????

February 16, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  11. jeanneteq

kyle is a old mean bi**H, AND IS JEALOUSE OF KIM. kIM IS NICER PRETTIER AND MORE DOWN TO EARTH

February 16, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  12. J

I loved watching the show this season, but I do wonder if a season 2 would be a good idea. It won't be the same show with some leaving and others joining. I think the ladies were so brave to put themselves out there they way they did for the public to criticize. They all have strengths and weaknesses and some came across more likable than others. Is it really worth it to destroy friendships and family relationships?

February 16, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Chris

Kyle probably isn't a bad person...short fuse for sure though.
    SHE NEEDS TO END THE TOXICITY WITH TAYLOR!!! EVERYONE IS SEEING HOW TRULY MEAN SPIRITED TAYLOR IS AND HOW CONNIVING HER ACTIONS ARE.
    These two are sisters, after all. I hope they do whatever is best for them to heal.
    BRAVO-GET RID OF TAYLOR--PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 16, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Beautiful Vixen

That's because the whole America saw what a b**ch you really are when you beat up on your sister in the back of a car.

February 16, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Ms. Thang

I used to like Kyle, however as the season progressed the camera's really did show us how she treats people, partiicularly her own sister. How dare she throw their dead mother's worries in Kim's face, real classy Kyle.

There is being critical of someone, but be brutally criticizing Kims every decision, lifestyle is just wrong. Everything she complained about Kim, she did herself; she would criticize Kim's strong hold on her children, but Kyle didnt even want to leave with her husband for a vacay w/o the little one.

Kyle, just stay in your line, and let Kim be who she wants w/o your intolerable treatment of a loved one.
    Side Note: Kim inaudible words in the limo, must have hit a cord with Kyle. I wish I knew what was said. Love ya Kim!

February 16, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • hwfan

Those inaudible words were Kim saying back to Kyle, "Oh yeah? Oh yeah? Well you know what you do? You drink all god damn day!" and while this was being said Kyle was shrieking, "QUIET! QUIET!" and physically assaulting her while Kim cowered behind Adrienne. Adrienne said she had to pull her martial arts out on protect Kim. Shame on Kyle. At the dinner from hell, Kim had four cola's but Kyle had drink after drink after drink. Kyle is just a mean girl and bully. She wants the world to believe she and Camille are in a good place now and that she and Kim are also in a good place now. This is called damage control because 99% of the viewing public really dislikes her now.

February 17, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • beth

I totally agree. Love Kim. She has more class in her little finger then Kyle or Taylor.
      KIM PROBABLY DID BY KYLE HER FIRST HOUSE

KYLE IS CLEARLY JEALOUS, SAYING SHE WORKED AS AN ACTRESS TOO ...HER WHOLE LIFE.
      she get's that in whenever she can. Look at the IMDB pages, there is no comparison Kim worked 50x more then Kyle.
      In the house of hilton, even Big Kathy's friend says she took a lot of kim's money to buy herself and family stuff.

Her husband Ken Richards was not successful for long after Big Kathy stole him from his wife and family and SHE KICKED HIM OUT OF THE HOUSE ONCE KIM WAS MAKING 7 FIGURES A YEAR. Kyle just likes to 'front' in front of her friends, refusing to acknowledge that her sister was LARGELY responsible for her lifestyle and priveledges growing up.

February 20, 2011 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  16. Kristine Scott

Kyle is showing her age! Both in her physical appearance and in how she reacts t o comments made by Camille and her sister. The dinner party at Camilles with the psyhic was right on target. I believe Mauricio will be outta there as soon as his children are grown. Kyle is an old hag and needs to be alone

February 16, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |