'Glee' makes a 'Comeback'
February 16th, 2011

'Glee' makes a 'Comeback'

The Bieber fever is undeniable.

That is one of the lessons I took away from Tuesday night’s episode of “Glee.” Sam put together the “Justin Bieber experience,” which pretty much consisted of pulling his bangs into his eyes and crooning some Bieber tunes.

As any tween will tell you, the power of the Bieb is all-encompassing, and pretty soon all of the girls were going crazy.

That was bad news for Finn, who has been trying to woo Quinn away from Sam. (BTW, if that pair gets back together it kills any chance of a cute combo name: Quinn + Finn = either Quinn or Finn, so that doesn’t work at all.)

At any rate, the good news for us fans is that Sue is back to her devilishly delightful ways. Despite a brief interlude with Schuester visiting children in a cancer ward, our favorite Cheerios coach is still hell bent on destroying glee club.

I’ll admit that I was swaying to Sam’s version of “Baby,” but I also loved watching Sue rock out with the kids to My Chemical Romance’s “Sing.” And don’t even get me started on the “diva off” between Mercedes and Rachel with “Take Me or Leave Me” from the Broadway musical “Rent.” Adoration cranked high here.

This week's episode was titled "Comeback" and I so see that. It was fun, fun, fun on so many levels and I am really starting to like Lauren Zizes. I'm not as obsessed with her as Puck appears to be, but for me Lauren represents how Ryan Murphy is able to take the concept of the outcast, flip it on its ear and shove it back in our faces with a side order of  fabulousness.

Lauren's solo of "I Know What Boys Like" was covered in awesome sauce, and not because she's a great singer but because of her attitude. It was made all the better for her moment of unsureness with Puck earlier. She was afraid to perform, she shared with Puckerman, so when she got out there and nailed it, I cheered a little.

The show was just hitting on all cylinders with me from Sue's snappy one liners (she let us know that she is not without musical experience having been the tambourine player for Wilson Phillips) to Brittany's continued coolness (she started a fashion trend by dressing like Rachel which still managed to exclude Rachel from the "in crowd") to the return of Santana the man stealer, it was all good. The only thing that would have made me happier was if Kurt and Blaine would've made an appearance.

I was even able to ignore the absolute coattail ride of having a Bieber episode with no Bieber. Then again, I'm sure the Beliebers loved seeing him get the recognition in light of his recent loss at the Grammys.

What say you Gleeks? Did you dig the episode as much as I did?

Post by:
Filed under: Glee • television • TV recaps

1. Nike Air Max Hyperiz

If I had just one flower for every time I believe about you, I could stroll forever in my garden.

March 28, 2011 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Meh

*cough*ags

February 17, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Chris

I'm going to have to watch the episode again – I must be the only person who thought Lauren was terrible. I like the Puck/Lauren storyline, but I thought her song was awful.

February 17, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  4. John

Forget the Qs – I propose InFinn. Also, this episode jumped the shark with Sue Sylvester suddenly singing so swell. (I could go further but it would thound like thteam ethcaping.) Is there even such a thing as a TV show jumping the shark any more?

February 17, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  5. Regina

Eh. Not their best episode. Looking forward to next week, though.

February 17, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  6. AR Dude

I was not so impressed with this episode. I didn't like the Bieber tribute – GLEE should be careful and not put itself into that "high school musical" crowd. GLEE has a lot of following among adults currently but too many episodes like this week and that could change.

February 17, 2011 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  7. RL

Totally FFed thru the Beiber songs.... not into 12 year ol'ds music..... Do high school girls really like Beibers music? Seems so lame.

February 17, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  8. Jake

Bieber..this episode sucked...I wish Justin Bieber would just go away...he is no star and to have his songs on Glee was like are you kidding me...Just hated it. Quinn needs to sing more...

February 17, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  9. LSH

I don't agree with the review at all actually. The show is good, but this week wasn't. It was a bit too teeny-bopper for me. I get doing the Beibs for one of their songs, but centering the ep around trying to be him? Murphy – ya GOTTA stop dedicating episodes to one musician. It's getting old...FAST. And Lauren's song? I just don't get it.

February 17, 2011 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  10. #1Gleek

It felt like this week's episode was finally getting back on track. THIS is the Glee that I know and love. Up until now, the majority of the season was leading up to a big ole jump the shark moment, but this week gave me faith. And I'm slowly but surely becoming a Lauren Zizes fan – although I do wish someone in the styling department would give her a little more attention.

February 17, 2011 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  11. jimmyc1955

Sorry all you Glee fans – this music is plastic, artificial, made in a lab, over produced, over engineered, vanilla and unremarkable in all its aspects. Pretty people singing predictable, blah songs. Sadly this is the state of music today. Zero originality, zero passion, zero creativity – just corporate produced numbers created by computer inspired marketing teams who have analyzed the results of study groups, demographic research charts and peer group trends to produce this bland, dull crap we call music. Sorry – this is pittiful stuff.

February 17, 2011 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
  12. Glee-less

One of the worst episdoes to date. Beiber makes me want to barf.

February 17, 2011 at 6:28 am | Report abuse |
  13. Bart

I try to watch this show with my wife (who's addicted to it) from time to time. Usually I can't stomach past the 20 minute mark where I promptly go to another room and watch a DVR'd episode of Top Gear, and feel like a grown man again. The Bieber thing was horrible. I praise the Grammy judges for snubbing him. Having said that I'm not the demographic they are targeting here whether it be the show or Justin Bieber. I guess the thing that killed this show for me right off the bat was the "bubble gum" versions of classic rock songs. I hate it when good music is just butchered like that. Just my 2 cents, I know there are those of you who would disagree. Oh and by the way, whoever wrote this article needs to go back to college and take comp 101 again...

February 17, 2011 at 5:06 am | Report abuse |
  14. dave in stl

Was this article written by a 12-year old girl?

February 17, 2011 at 4:44 am | Report abuse |
  15. Stephen59

No mention of the funniest line of the night? Delivered perfectly by Britney, it was in reply to Will's question, "Does anyone know what an anthem is?" To which the sweetest dolt in the world answered, "The bottom of an ant's pants." [ant-hem] Crazy funny.

February 17, 2011 at 2:44 am | Report abuse |
  16. what the hell is a beeeber

i thought this was something important. guess not. oh wait that's right it's cnn based crap. it's never important.

February 17, 2011 at 2:07 am | Report abuse |
  17. SarahBee

I love that I am reading about my favorite show on CNN. I thought parts of last night's episode were so laugh out loud funny that I rewound & watched over several scenes – ND in their undies! Sue in scary bondage pleather! Brittany & Tina go flying! Sam as the Justin Bieber Experience at the Bat Mitzvah/b-day party! Brittany wearing legwarmers on her arms at school! I could go on. Yes, the "character development" is a bit choppy but this show at the end of the day is about the music. Reminding us of great songs, introducing us to new great songs (I had never heard Sing by MCR), or re-making meh songs into ones I might actually want to download (yes Journey, I am talking to you). So chill, don't take yourself too seriously, get into that sleeve of Girl Scout cookies and DVR Glee with me and a million other Gleeks so you can ff through the commercials & be in the Glee! Oh and please Mr Murphy, more Blaine and Kurt, and Kurt's dad, Bieste, and Karofsky. Too much is never enough!

February 17, 2011 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  18. Sterlingmich

BRING BACK CURT!!

February 16, 2011 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Brian Holbrook

You get paid to write schlock like this. I thought that my moral outrage had reached its zenith while reading the CNN.com story on the gulf between middle and upper class income. Not so. The fact that you are drawing a paycheck to draft what amounts to color commentary on a third-rate television show is absolutely infuriating.

February 16, 2011 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  20. dan

or it equals quifinn...eww

February 16, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Terrible Toney

Puckerman chasing the Giant girl is the end of the show for me. Aliens flying out my nasal passage would be more likely. Shark has been jumped.

February 16, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Patty

WORST EPISODE EVER!

BIEBER? What were they thinking? I could say much more, but will keep my mouth shut.

February 16, 2011 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Jeff

It was a wonderful homage to Arthur Fonzerelli jumping the shark.

February 16, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Creative Destruction

Absolutely. The writing is increasingly erratic, and the writer is pulling out desperate stunts in order to keep faux freshness. The high school environment depicted on Glee was never real, but at least some of the emotional content in season one's characterizations was believable. Now, there are very few real characterizations of emotions, only very artificial moments from a dwindling set of ideas. Perhaps the original idea was to have one really good season, not expecting a renewal of the series. The first season would have been a pretty good mark on the wall for all involved. This second season is turning into a sad, sad stretch of unpleasantness. Perhaps Fonzie should make a guest appearance soon.

February 16, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  24. ken

I managed 10 minutes of one show a couple of weeks ago. Man, what a piece of crap.

February 16, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Sasha

I think the storyline was defnitily more of classic glee stride. However most of the music selected was atrocious. I always update my ipod with the latest glee songs before heading on the road to work (listen to glee in the car) this ep is the first time that I have only selected 2 songs from the entire show. Sorry can NOT get into Bieber. I am not 13. Otherwise storylines were good. But please glee, step away from crap pop. When they sing classics, broadway and lesser known tracks it is just a more interesting dynamic. When they keep churning out america's top 40 it feels like Ryan Seacrest is living in Glee's ass

February 16, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  26. DukeLaw

Really, this show is premised in reality (shooting kids out of a cannon, doing Thriller as a half-time show, the general concept of silly love songs as a high school assignment, a wheelchair kid playing football).

Just relax folks. If you can't or won't enjoy it, move on.

February 16, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Les

Well....granted it was an opportunity to hear the tunes the tweens are screaming about and those were not bad if not great. Bieber is still a Beatle cut brushed into the eyes, as far as I'm concerned. But the episode did have one of my favorite songs from Rent, if abridged. I did like Sue actually smiling and vulnerable for a millisecond so I could see that was possible. Then she flipped back into the Sue I know and fear so well. None of that made up for a Kurt-less episode though.
    I hope the suggestion of original music plays into the story arc. I want to see this group play their own greatest hits, not someone else's.
    No, it wasn't the greatest episode...but it wasn't the worst either.

February 16, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  28. JasonM

Sue would've been fired on the spot, arrested and forced into a mental hospital for slamming Tina into a locker and going and rampaging through McKinley.
    I know it's a show, but we're supposed to believe this show takes place in (some version of) our planet. That's just too unrealistic to be true.
    And why didn't Tina say anything after the fact? Why didn't she threaten to quit 'New Directions' when will brought in Sue? Why didn't Will condemn her for attacking one of his glee clubbers?
    We had a whole multi-episode arc about bullying, but this incident is just swept under the rug for a stupid "let's get Sue in the glee club" plot that'll be thrown out by the end of the episode?

Plus, it's just silly and out of place for the show and the character. Sue is funny because she's portrayed as a cartoonish villain whipping up diabolical schemes to thwart Will & ND. Assaulting students is beneath her and not the least bit funny.
    I guess her visit to the child cancer ward was supposed to erase the attack from the viewers' minds?

Didn't work for me.

February 16, 2011 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Steve

Wow, does anyone tune in anymore to just relax and enjoy the show. Glee is much better than all the mess on television today. I thought the show was great. If you don't like it, don't tune in. Loved the review and love the show!!

February 16, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Dan

I know it's Glee and I know it's not based on any kind of reality whatsoever but I'm sick of seeing a school where adults can push, shove, threaten, and physically intimidate kids. Sue was physically violent to kids last night and it wasn't the first time there were no consequences. It just felt like a shark jumping last night as she slammed kids into lockers.

February 16, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sandra

When i saw Sue throw and bounce Tina off the lockers, I said "That's assault and battery." The writers need to wind that crap way down.

February 16, 2011 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Geronimo Hex

If I have to listen to Justin Beiber covers then other people can cope with a bratty kid getting slammed into a locker. Life is full of disappointments, we all have to deal with them.

February 16, 2011 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • LH

Couldn't agree more. I thought Glee was anti-bullying? Sue is the worst! I had shivers when she defended Kurt earlier this season and thought they may take a bigger stand against bullying, but I guess that is supposed to be where the comedy is? And as if any school would allow teachers to behave that way....

February 17, 2011 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  31. ABNJ

one of the best episodes...ever
    going from biebs (acoustic)
    to rent
    to '80s british girl rock band
    and finishing with an epic MCR anthem
    all of you nay sayers are bitter and putting the show up on a pedestal. its a show, not your life. enjoy the vicarious experience.

February 16, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Byron

Just an FYI: The Waitresses ("I Know What Boys Like", "Christmas Wrapping", "Square Pegs", etc.) were not 80's British girl rock. They were an American New Wave band, and only two of the members were women.

February 16, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  32. GMan

LOVED this show's first season, but we seem to getting way off base in season Two.

The consistency of characters was never strong, but this seaon, personalities of the students and teachers simple whipsaw in service to the plots, which are slave to the I-Tune download counts.

Where is the intelligent writing for the adult characters?–Kurt's Dad–the conflicts in Mr. Shue's marriage–even the counselor and the dentist? I am a little older than the target demo so I know that Beiber-ccentric plots will appeal to others. However, the genius of the first season was the ability to combine smart writing, likable characters and commentary on modern culture– and make it appeal to many different demos.

Now, it's for the kids and the downloads.

February 16, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Be Quiet

I loved the first season, but now I feel like I'm only watching it because I want to "stick with it" instead of actually enjoying it. The writing was so sharp at first, but now it has no direction and has lost any spark it once had.

DougChicago makes a great point when he states, " the show makes Sue's character a weathervane – she points in whatever direction they need her to". We need a touching moment...let's put Sue in the kid's cancer wing! Wait, now we need an angry Sue moment, let's have her become the director of the rival glee club! Uggghhh.

Also, as far as the Puck/Lauren storyline is concerned, I think it's completely unbelievable and offensive. If you want to have Puck go after a "larger" girl, fine...but don't have him mention how he wants to "get in her enormous pants". Any guy who had real feelings for a bigger girl would never, ever say that. Lines like that make the entire story arc fall apart.

Sometimes I wonder if this season is being written by 7th grade boys instead of professionals.

February 16, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • kake79

The point is that Puck isn't really into her. He just wants her because she doesn't want him. But he's still the same immature, superficial, jock.

February 16, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  34. JR

I just can't stand Justin Bieber so it wasn't my fav episode. I do love Puck and Lauren, because she won't just give it up to Puck. Love it!

February 16, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Mandi

Puck & Lauren together is pretty uncomfortable to watch...hope that does not continue. Nothing against the actess who plays her, but I just dont think she fits well into the Glee club.

I thought Puck was coming around and maturing this season and then this Lauren business – its just weird.

I think the second half of last season rocked.

Puck is best with Quinn. They have such amazing chemistry on screen and their storyline is so great!! I am eager to see how things develop with them and if they will bring up their daughter anymore. Would love to see Idina come back and give them their daughter back!

Just Sayin...

PS – I did love the duet from Rent in last night's episode!!

February 16, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hayley

I think the point of Lauren's character is that everyone fits in to Glee Club, its a family.

February 16, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Sean

As a die-hard Gleek, I have to admit I was slightly disappointed in last night's episode. The Bieber storyline, although kind of funny, was only used to prolong the Sam/Quinn relationship. Let’s face it, they were through the moment she kissed Finn (whom I'm liking less and less) two episodes ago. Sue's "depression" was only mildly entertaining as was the performance of "Sing". I did enjoy the Rachel/Mercedes duet and Brittany the “trend-setter”, and Lauren’s solo actually made me laugh out loud. I think the only character making a “comeback” is Rachel. She’s definitely on her way back to her old, likeable, self.

Favorite line: *james earl jones voice* "Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father." -Sam xD

February 16, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Kya

I am not a Justin Bieber fan in any way (I couldn't even tell you a name of one of his songs), but I really enjoyed last nights episode. It may have used some generally crappy music, but they did it in such a satirical way. They weren't trying to be like, "Justin Bieber music is awesome"; they were making fun of the incredibly ridiculous hype that surrounds his entire existence. The way the boys dressed, the way the girls reacted, EVERYTHING was satirical...at least that's what I got from it. They were making fun of it.

We got some serious Rachel progression last night. She is turning into the Rachel Berry of the first 13 episodes in season 1: motivated, divaish, and obsessed with getting to the top. I love it. And besides, her duet with Mercedes = genius! I was just waiting for this song to be on Glee...and its finally here!

Sue was back to her witty one-liners and crazy antics. People that have been missing the old Sue should have been thrilled...I know I was. Her interactions with Will were as they used to be.

My ONLY complaint is what they have done to Finn. They took this fine character and have ruined him. He had a lot of potential considering his imperfections throughout the whole show, and they are ruining him. Not a fan...anymore.

Overall, I totally enjoyed it. The 3 episodes since the superbowl have been pleasant surprises...I'd rank all 3 as some of the best of season 2.

February 16, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Layla

Why is the media shoving "Glee" in our faces every third second? Enough already!! Who cares?
    Never watched it.
    NEVER will.

February 16, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • gleek

Then why would you read a story about it and then comment on it?

February 16, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sandra

Then your commenting to this article is rather silly on your part. Should have just moved along to the next posting.

February 16, 2011 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • N.D. Anajones

Well, aren't you a fierce individualist striking a blow for independence in the face of the big, bad media.

February 16, 2011 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  39. JohnnyT

Hated last nights show. Not just disliked but hated. I do not get the whole Bieber thing & the songs sounded exactly alike. THe only piece of Music that did work was Mercedes & Rachel's Diva off from Rent. Sue throewing, literally throwing students against lockers, um, seriously...them all allowing her in Glee...what...it was horrible...they better pull it back together soon...I actually started looking at ohter shows that were on in that time slot

February 16, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Buster

Agree with others about this poor episode. Ick. But what really ticked me off were the references to the group "Oral Intensity". Who? No Rachel, you did not lose at regionals last year to Oral Intensity. You lost to Vocal Adrenaline. (And whatever happened to them, anyway?) Do the producers think the audience is really that stupid? Get it together Glee. I love the show but stuff like this makes me wonder if they're just trying to coast by on the strength of the fall season.

February 16, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hayley

Actually, they did lose to Aural Intensity, they came in second last year. Right behind Vocal Adrenaline. :)

February 16, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Vic

That last scene where Finn tells Rachel to go through with her idea and write the song herself, even after the rest of the club has shot it down was just lovely.

There's still love there, even if he's in denial about it.

February 16, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Vic

This is the second review for Glee that I've read today and I'm surprised that so far no one has made mention of the innovative idea Rachel proposed at the end of the episode.

That the club should write an original song and use it to beat Oral Intensity and go to nationals.

What this implies is that the producers are actually noticing that they have a talented bunch of singers and that maybe it's time to do their own music instead of being a glorified cover band.

Here's hoping they get some awesome composers and come up with an original Glee hit before the end of the season. This would also help them lower the budget costs as far as artist royalties go.

February 16, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  43. OS2Guy

Dull. Kurt and Blaine have to become boyfriends with each other. The longer the writers put it off the faster they are going to lose viewership. I 'Tivo'd' this episode and fast forwarded through much of the inane silliness. Show will lose me if they don't put Kurt and Blaine together as a solid couple. In high school there is always a solid couple – two people who belong together and stay together for what seems forever. That should be Kurt and Blaine.

February 16, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  44. azbob

The show is at a crossroads...I commented that 25mns into it last night, they had one musical number. Sue's return was great but, hopefully future episodes are not going to rely on guest appearances (especially G Paltrow) and will focus on singing and the core storylines.

February 16, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  45. SammySushi

I dug last week's episode. Thought it was hysterical.

February 16, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Cam

Not the best ep... pretty forgettable and ineffective. Not the best review, either.
    "Awesome sauce?"
    Really?

Really?

February 16, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  47. sarah

Did anyone else catch Sue calling Rachel "Michelle" when they were walking down the hall? I watched it a few times to make sure.

February 16, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jules

Yes, I caught that too, but then thought maybe she was saying "ra – shell" instead of the normal pronunciation of Rachel

February 16, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linda

I think it's intentional. Sue almost always gets the names wrong on purpose.

February 16, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Coubrasmom

I caught that too!!

February 16, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kim H

It wasn't Michelle...It was Rochelle....kinda French for Rachel....I had to listen to it a few times to catch the differences.

February 16, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  48. J Fritzl

The thing for me is this: I like Shuester's style – rock and roll classics from the 70s and 80s. I don't care for the pandering to modern culture they do with tribute episodes to Bieber, Britney Spears and the like. For that reason, I did not care for this week's episode.

The character development sucks major ball, but I do not expect much in that department. Both the abrupt about face with Puck to liking fat women, and how they just don't know what to do with Sue...whatevs. I don't even watch it on TV anymore, I wait until its up online and watch it the next day. Pretty soon it'll be "hmm, haven't watched that in a while...but I'll pass"

February 16, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • ADP

Highschool students are always jumping from one person to the next; though generally don't go from shallow to liking big women like that. At any rate, the duet to Rent's Take Me For What I AM, was great.

February 17, 2011 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  49. NJB

Why isn't Kurt singing anymore??? And why is he in the backgroud when he is on the show????
    He has the best voice and character. Much better than Blaine.

February 16, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Raven

I love this show and i watched this last night. And it was awsome!

February 16, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Maryann

Worst show since Glee started, IMO. Very disappointed. And....NO KURT! Gaahhh....!

February 16, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Shauna

Take Me or Leave Me was THE moment of the night. Beibs can disappear for all I care. More Rent Wicked and awesome Broadway moments please!

February 16, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  53. DougChicago

I'm surprised at your review. I thought last night's show was one of the worst of the season.

Increasingly, the show makes Sue's character a weathervane - she points in whatever direction they need her to.

The other character arcs also make no sense - there is very littel continuity to the show.

And the trip to the cancer ward was shameless, predictable and saccharine.

Once upon a time - like, just last year, Glee was a great show. But it is rapidly losing its bearings. I'm not sure I'm gonna keep watching it.

February 16, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kelly

Have to agree with DougChicago. Loved the show last year, but I'm starting to lose interest. Hope they get it back on track!

February 16, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • KTHXBAI

I totally agree! It was the first time I muted and fast-fowarded through parts of Glee. They've been going downhill but this was the worst yet.

February 16, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jules

You nailed it, my thoughts exactly.

February 16, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Colfen

Reluctantly, have to agree!
      Curt, where are you??????????????

February 16, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • James

Last week's "Silly Love Songs" was one of the best Glee episodes ever. But "Comeback" was one of the worst. Both were written by Ryan Murphy so go figure. I'm still a fan but....

February 16, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • NotGlee-Ful

Ditto, absolute worst episode ever and I watch it regularly.

February 17, 2011 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
  54. Scully

Quinn+Finn can also = Quif

February 16, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  55. DougB

Overall last night's episode was a little to vanilia for me-not a Beiber fan. However I loved the Mercedes-Rachel duet–wow. Also that song that was done by Artie & Company-love it. The musical number with Sue and the kids was a litle too up with people for me–too sugary.

February 16, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aaron

Totally agree. Bieber is more for the 12 and under crowd. My 9 year old niece adores him. I can't change the channel fast enough. He's a good argument for strengthening controls on the northern border.

February 16, 2011 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Black eyed Glee

did u c uz at super bowl,we rulz da wurld..

February 16, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  57. sarah

Quinn + Finn = Fuinn. That's the only shipper name people have come up with.

February 16, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |