Fantasia: I should've been a part of Grammys tribute to Aretha
February 16th, 2011

Fantasia: I should've been a part of Grammys tribute to Aretha

Fantasia Barrino opted not to attend the Grammy awards on Sunday, but maybe she would've reconsidered if she'd been included in the Aretha Franklin tribute.

“I'm going to be very honest with you. You know I wasn't at the Grammys last night. I'm kind of going through my own little thing,” Barrino told “106 & Park” hosts Rocsi and Terrence on Monday, according to Billboard. “Last night they were honoring someone who is my idol, Aretha Franklin, and there is no way I could have sat there and not got the happy feet and wanting to jump on the mic because she is my favorite.”

The 26-year-old went on, “I felt like, you know, at the end of the day I should have been on that stage so, I kind of did my own little thing last night.”

The tribute kicked off the Grammy awards, and spotlighted the talents of Jennifer Hudson, Martina McBride, Christina Aguilera, indie hit Florence Welch and gospel singer Yolanda Adams as they worked their way through a medley of the Queen of Soul’s hits.

But doing her own thing did include watching some of the performances, Barrino said.

“I watched Cee-lo's performance, I love Cee lo, love Gaga, watched Gaga, and I love Rihanna's performance, but I kind of cooked and did my own think last night and was in my own world and was hoping that I won,” she said. “I have this feeling, like every year I go, I feel like they always look over some of the good singers that are still around and I'm not trying to be funny but that's just the way I felt."

Her hope became reality that night, as Barrino did in fact win a Grammy for best female R&B vocal performance for her song "Bittersweet."

"I scared my daughter because I just bust out and started crying, and she thought something was wrong with me,” the singer said of her reaction to the news. “You know it's been a long time coming…I felt like, man, I wasn't gonna stop until I got one and I'm still not going to stop and you know this has just given me motivation to do my own thing. So, I just started crying and just thanking God that finally, eleven times nominated, finally I got one."

Filed under: Awards Season • Grammys • Music

« Previous entry
  1. gerincfajdalom

Whats up very cool site!! Man .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .. I'll bookmark your web site and take the feeds also?I am glad to seek out so many helpful info right here within the post, we want develop more strategies on this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .

May 25, 2012 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  2. BlackBOy

ALLyal need to shut up i bet yal white fantasia can sing better than all yall . N cant no white lady out there touch her. them studio voices they got. N half of them want to sing like black people. Yes fantasia may not be able to read but she made it and got her diploma. Thats why I can't wait til yal fall flat on yal face always judging somebody. Ol sticky rubber skin.

June 9, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  3. val

Did you ever think that maybe Aretha is the one who chose to sing at her tribute? Fantasia sounds like most celebraties today. I'm so sick of listening to them whine. Please give me a break already. Maybe they would have invited her up if she bothered to go. You never know what will happen when you go to these things.

February 24, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. whenitmatters

Fantasia does not have to be on every tribute that happens we like hearing others vocalist too. If we want a screaming diva we rather listen to Patti Labelle!!!!!!!!!!!

February 24, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  5. keyla

nice hair wish my hair can be like your be i can't do that because my hair good

February 20, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  6. poolol

i like your hair it is rill pretty girl rock for a lady

February 20, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • tykeyla

i like your comments they some nice comments i like your hair black people don't like white people like they don't go to the same school

February 20, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  7. Bobby Trendy

I feel that shw should not have been at home cooking eggs and been sour about not beeing asked to perform. She won a grammy im happy for her...Be happy fatasia..im gana be happy in afew mins when this escort comes over and rocks my world!!! gnite everyone!!

February 19, 2011 at 1:41 am | Report abuse |
  8. the_dude

Who is this dude? I never heard of him.

February 18, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Honestly

I really understand what she is saying, it's was a disappointment to not be invited to do the tribute. I mean she was probably hurt. We all get hurt sometimes, by not receiving something that we feel e deserve, it's human. Then really R&B. Hip Hop, Rap....awards were not even televised. So what would be the point in going! Alicia Keys, Jay Z, many other did not attend and won grammys. I heard John Legend on the Red Carpet say he was home getting dressed when his award was given out. I think the academy should really look at doing more awards on the actual live telecast.

February 18, 2011 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
  10. rashard

they know that they were wrong the for not letting fantasia be apart of that tribute fantasia has been recognize has aretha ever sense her idol days i mean who would have did a better tribute to aretha then fantasia and second why would she want to attend the grammy win they didnt even televised the R&B category dont nobody want to accept there award at the pre grammys

February 17, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Nedra

first of all for all of you that are call Fantasia illiterate. She has gone back to school and obtained her education, be it a GED or whatever but she has completed school. Secondly making, singing and writing music is not as easy as it may seem and I'm sure that that would be more than a challenge to most of you. Whatever she is reading and writing it's paying her millions. So back off!!!!!!!!!

February 17, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Meh

Right, because you were sooooo necessary
    Those are some nice DSL's though...could have some use at least

February 17, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Meh

Right, because you were sooooo necessary
    Those are some nice DSL's though

February 17, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  14. What An R-Tard

OMG what a moron! She needs to learn how to read first before pubicly humiliating herself like this.

February 17, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  15. kate

Who cares!!!!!! Get over yourself, you are not all that

February 17, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Valancia G

My man and I were like "where is Fantasia and Mary J"?
    Now that would have been a true performance!
    I was disappointed watching the Grammy's! God Bless You Fantasia you are beautiful n I love ur voice!

February 17, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  17. SKY

RACISM WILL ALWAYS EXIST. HATE LIVES IN THE HEART..
    IT WILL ALWAYS BE. MILLIONS OF WHITE PEOPLE HATE BLACK PEOPLE AND MILLIONS
    OF BLACK PEOPLE HATE WHITE PEOPLE. AND BOTH GROUPS CLAIMS THEY ARE CHRISITANS.
    THERE ARE MILLIONS OF WHITE PEOPLE WHO LOVE BLACK PEOPLE. AND THERE
    ARE MILLIONS OF BLACK WHO LOVE WHITE PEOPLE. AND BOTH GROUPS ARE
    CHRISTIANS. "JESUS CHRIST SAID, YOU WILL KNOW MY PEOPLE BY THE
    LOVE THEY HAVE FOR EACH OTHER.
    THE DEVIL HAS FOLLOWERS ON THIS EARTH AND GOD HAS FOLLOWERS.
    "FROM THE MOUTH THE HEARTS SPEAKS,

February 17, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  18. ladybug

here go african americans pulling the race card out again whn do u guys say enough is enough ! every race has racisim not jut black people getting so sick of hearing african americans complain about everything being related to racism

February 17, 2011 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
    • BlackBOy

Lady bug we pull it ut because its true. Who had to march? blacks. Who got beat? blacks. So you don't know the struggle because yo a** wont in it. So leave yo comments to yo self. So we got a right to say stuff like this. Because its true.

June 9, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  19. lala-gaga-ooh la vomitting

Wow! Do all of you lose sleep @ night for this stuff? Yes racism still exists, only now the shoe is on the other foot. Whites get omitted now because there's such a fear for "racism" to be called out for every little thing because this one or that one feels that it may offend the "other than white" population. Let me just put this in perspective for you....

I fight for YOUR freedom, whether black, white, yellow, red or otherwise. Freedom, liberty & pride have no color, but have sacrifice. Sacrifice that many of you don't even know one inkling of. I fight for you to be able to post this kind of nonsense. While I agree w/ both sides to a degree, I also agree that many promotions are stripped for recognizable enlisted & officers based on their color, white. Yes, WHITE. Not black, not hispanic, oriental or otherwise. Hard worked years, medals & recommendations w/o adverse actions go to waste because "we need more "other than white" leaders"! What?!?!? Who gives a crap as long as the LEADER will prevent us from getting killed! I will tell you about a story but my limits cannot allow me to do so in detail. However, let's just put it this way....while serving in Iraq, me on my second tour, we had two senior leaders that were both going up for promotion. One was "white", the other "black". The "black" senior leader got promoted & became the new 1SG (1st Segeant) of my Company. We came under fire & the other "white" senior leader disagreed w/ the 1SGs method of getting us out of there unharmed & alive. He was later reprimanded for it but that's not the case here. What is the case is that the "black" 1SG was not reprimanded for his EO (equal opportunity) comment that stated "you're following MY orders NOW, WHITE BOY!" why, because the "white" senior leader decided that he was going to be the humble one & not play that game. We call this "how about a cup of shut the fu*k up!" We got out of that situation alive, unharmed by the hair on our chinny, chin, chin!!!!

Two weeks later we were doing a "mission" to a different location & again the "white" senior leader voiced it was a mistake. That again was overlooked because this new "black" 1SG was on a power trip & that's what he wanted to do. We came under fire....we weren't so lucky that time. Due to his selfish reasons our Company lost 11 people in that ONE attack in less than an hour! I know you may say 11 is hardly any in the grand scheme of things, BUT in reality that's ELEVEN TOO MANY! Had he listened to someone who was MORE experienced that was on his THIRD tour in Iraq & not FIRST who wasn't wet behind the ears & did know squat diddly about how this rodeo was going to happen, things may have gone in a different manner, though we will never know. Out of those 11 that were lost, ONE of them happened to be the EXPERIENCED "white" senior leader. The new "black" 1SG sure learned the hard lesson that day. He sat w/ 11 deaths & a dozen more injured on his heart. While he came out alive, he was badly burned w/ a broken leg, the other missing & shrapnel running down his right side from head to where the leg was missing. He will never be the same again, neither will I. While I suffered a few superficial gunshot wounds I recovered & am still able to function as a Soldier. However, he is not. While he was laying there waiting on the back up convoy listening to our other comrades while I tried to treat his wounds as best as I could he told me "I wish my BLACK ass listened to the more knowledgable WHITE boy, maybe then we'd be heading our way home instead of laying here dead or bleeding to death. Why don't you go treat the other white Soldiers that need your help." I replied, "Top, medicine has NO color, now lie still before you bleed to death!"

February 17, 2011 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  20. miss c

This is for the one about it being Black History month! It is a shame that you have the nerve to talk about Black History month when we have to study white history everyday! You want us to get excited because somebody was being nice and gave us a month! Really! And aas far as us having BET when was the last time you turned on your dang TV? Black people get five stations and you think you need more? Really! This is the reason why we are in nation that cannot respect us as a people, nor the fact that we finally have our own president! Wake up!

February 17, 2011 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
  21. the realist

One thing I notice is he a person of colour does pop or rock they're ridiculed. But if a caucasian tries to sing with the soul of a black r&b singer, they become the next phenom.

February 17, 2011 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
  22. Two wrongs don't make it right.

Yes there are still ignorant racists out there. But not everything that doesn't happen your way is because of racism. Maybe it's because of yourself or it just wasn't meant to be. It happens with all races. I will just use the black / white thing here since it is the heated issue here on this post. Yes blacks were badly mistreated in the past but it is no where near what it is like now. It doesn't help when the the angry blacks keep blaming everything on the whites. And no I am not saying all blacks do this. I respect the ones that see both sides of the fence and don't use color as a deciding factor. But the ones that cry racism and blaming the white boy / girl and using slang and such. Please if a white person said the black boy or black girl, they would be callled a racist. Now by saying white boy isn't that racist? Yes it is. All the blacks that always blame society and saying white boy, saying a black person is a sell out because they are a success in a business predominantly white. Well isn't that racism? Hell yes. And the blacks that think something is a white person thing then you are no better than the racists that had seperate drinking fountains for whites and blacks.

Looks like some blacks here have a hatred period for whites. And they are no different from a white bigot. I have seen my share of blacks treating whites bad. I have black friends and a brother in law that say there are blacks and there are "N"'s. The later one being the ones that play the race card all the time and the ones that give respectible blacks a bad name.

Don't get me wrong there is racism in all colors. Dont judge a whole group on the actions of some idiots. Reverse racism is what is happeing here. "TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT"

Probably have some one make a make a rude comment on this and still won't get a clue. Oh well, that's why there is still racism. Ignorant people.

February 17, 2011 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
  23. Tag your it

No one even missed her

February 17, 2011 at 6:55 am | Report abuse |
  24. just me

I hate when black people (not all of them) always bring up racisim. That was the past. Leave that crap behind. Its 2011 and no one feels sorry for y'all anymore. I will say I feel bad for the people who were slaves and had to go through that crap. But y'all haven't so find another excuse to be so stupid. Get over it already. Y'all don't need specail treatment cause what happened in the past. God has punished those who did wrong in the past. Let it go. And stop saying "its cuz I'm black huh" no its not who cares what color u are. Y'all are the ones that are so worried about color now.

February 17, 2011 at 5:20 am | Report abuse |
  25. unknown

WOW !!! What is worth wild creditability ??? WOW !!! You really speak great truth that there is seperation between gender ??? WOW !!!
    So, does that mean that women sit in the back of the bus ??? WOW !!! Great wise zakaweb...is there a WHITE FRIDAY ??? Impart more of your great wisdumb upon us.
    ANTIRACIST BOOGER EATER

February 17, 2011 at 5:14 am | Report abuse |
  26. JOEBOO2

B-A-BY MA-MA this one goes out to all my baby mamas

February 17, 2011 at 4:45 am | Report abuse |
  27. zakaweb

What a spoiled fool. She is not entiled to anything.

February 17, 2011 at 4:28 am | Report abuse |
  28. Miss M

AS I READ OVER THESE COMMENTS, IT IS UPSETTING TO SEE HOW PEOPLE ARE SO STUBBORN AND RUDE. MAY I SAY WE ALL ARE THE SAME. OUR SEPARATION IS ONLY IN GENDER NOT COLOR. STUPIDITY ON THOSE WHO SLANDER ONES RACES. AS IF YOUR CREDITABLITY WAS WORTH WILD OR IF YOUR POINT WAS VALID. WHEN TO SUM IT ALL UP. YOUR ARE THE NOBODIES AND THE SOMEBODY WE ALL DISCUSS OF IS "BLACK". RICH AND ESTABLISHED. YOU ALL ARE JUST VOCIES AND THOUGHTS...TOP THAT :-)

February 17, 2011 at 2:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Kunt-a-kint-bay

HUH? Oooga Booga you say? Come back when you make some sense. Until then *POOT* <<-right in ya face.

February 17, 2011 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
  29. corrina bassey

Every singer could not have been asked to do the tribute. you won the Grammy, count yout blessings and shut the hell up

February 17, 2011 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
  30. kesha shep

Tasia i respect u as a person first... and only god can judge u... humans are not perfect we was made to sin and as longas god forgives u dont worry bout it and cnn why the f~~~would u let some of the comments be posted shame on u god bless cnn wow

February 17, 2011 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
  31. MiMi

Sooo...What is happening in Egypt?......Oh I'm sorry that is ACTUAL news..wrong crowd :o)

February 17, 2011 at 1:39 am | Report abuse |
    • @ MiMi

You were definitely looking for actual news on Egypt, weren't you? That's exactly why you clicked on a Fantasia article and found yourself in the Marquee Blogs... smart woman... oh, and by the way...

Learn to read... I heard it's doing wonders for Fantasia.

February 17, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  32. E-KC

Uh, sorry! Fantasia is NOT a "Modern Day" Aretha Franklin? Who the heck thinks that?? She only has a couple of good songs out there anyways? And how many does Aretha have? There is only 1 "Queen of Soul" baby!

February 17, 2011 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  33. Gorein2004

Just so you know, white history month is every month except for february and WET is every channel except BET. Get over it!

February 17, 2011 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
  34. tiff

Well everybody has there own opinion but Fantasis did a tribute to Aretha and she did her thing she sung Rock Steady..

February 17, 2011 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  35. Aunt Dandie

....they'll never get that smell out of the WHITE house ... :(

February 17, 2011 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
  36. passionkiwi

Wow some really judgemental people for all you who say shes a home wreaker who do u know??? Were you a part of that relationship??? do u know what he told her or what she told him??? Just cause she was accused of messing up a relationship doesnt make it all true and if you were to watch her show yall would know that obviously he lied and didnt give her the full story so how does that make her a home wrecker??? Second of all the thought of rasicism wasnt even there till someone brought it up which is the problem with people gotta create problems where they dont exsist I see a mixture of women up on the stage so that comment was just narrow minded and unfounded and btw Im a white woman fyi

February 17, 2011 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |
  37. dortwm

I have listened to Aretha since I was a teenager and she was my mother's favorite artists. I have all her music and trust me Fantasia's voice (raspy) would not do any of her songs any justice. I am not a hater, I just recognize talent where it exists and don't feel Fantasia had any business on that stage.

February 17, 2011 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
  38. tiff

I honestly don't think it had anything with color.... And She told how she felt and that's it.. She's human and a lot of artist would think what she just said and not say it

CONGRATS ON THE GRAMMY FANTASIA!

February 17, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  39. D

tylo1-this is an entertainment blog-there's going to be critizism-especially with a woman like Fantasia

February 17, 2011 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  40. angnel79

We all go thur are struggles, Black, White, Yellow, Green (get my point). Its disgusting some of post on here, people need to grow up. We have no right to judge anyone not even Fantasia. Get your heads out your a**

February 17, 2011 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  41. Chris

Now she should boycott her own singing, reality shows and doing interviews. Who really cares about this girl anymore? Reality check to the genious who said "that white girl" referring to Christina I guess, she's mixed with Latino so put the race card back up your a**.

February 17, 2011 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  42. chosen...

When will you all realize...many will be called,few will be chosen!!! Stick with ya' 33...me I ride 360!!! Have fun now! We win @ the end!!! Ta Ta haha! Their money and games can only buy yall today! Genisis 15:13.. They LOSE!!! Its "the Secret Between Blacks and Jews...SON "Y" Man

February 17, 2011 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  43. tylo1

Uneducated trash on this thread. She's a wreck, okay. The comments on here are just pathetic. Maybe instead of wasting your miserable lives trying to look up words in the dictionary, you should go be productive citizens and learn how to write coherent thoughts beyond attacking a person like Fantasia who is an easy target.

February 17, 2011 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  44. michiel michiel

MERRIAM WEBESTER DEFINITION: BOYCOTT: Doing everyone a favor and staying home.
    Fantasia booger eater

February 16, 2011 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  45. unknown

ANYONE who says that Fantasia can't sing OR read is just ridiculous. LEAVE HER ALONE! And STOP judging her– I'm pretty sure your life is NOT perfect.

February 16, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  46. michiel michiel

Ya'll juz needz ta shud up wid all urethra racist crap and go eat black boogers mit fantasia.
    Antiracist booger eater

February 16, 2011 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Ms Liz, GA

@omegawife1; You go girl! You are dead right! You told it like it was! For all of you who think 'racists' are people who point out and identify it when she or he sees, reads, feels, or hears it, I thought I'd look it up for you: MERRIAM-WEBSTER DEFINITION–RACISM; a belief that some races are by NATURE superior to others; also: discrimination based on such belief–racist. Don't try to flip the script! The racist is not the person who points it out; and that's if the 'pointer' is black, white or other! OK?

February 16, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Ladyjay

I am of the mind that you don't trash people when they need to be uplifted. "He who is without sin cast the first stone"Fantasia keep singing girl lift your voice and make a believer out of all the naysayers. You absolutely can sing and beautifully. Yes,you should have been on that stage singing the tribuite, but it didn't work out that way so move on and laugh all the way to the bank.Congrats on your Grammy.

February 16, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  49. dancemachine

I totally feel you fantasia! I didn't go to the Grammys either because I wasn't invited to sing lady gaga, and I really wanted to come out of an egg.

February 16, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  50. sam

Lord, fantasia doesnt sing well and for all this ignorant racism talk the presidents mother is white, not every white is a racist. Get real people..

February 16, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  51. sherkita

I can't Belive somebody wrote talkin about white history month that person really don't know history at all and far as the music they have CMT for white people as well as some others so do some research before u open ur mouth next time

February 16, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  52. MCR

I didn't know Christina was white.I thought she was Hispanic.

February 16, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Donna

Encourage yourself. Keep going Fantasia Don't let anyone get you down.Hold your head up and keep going on. You can't please everybody. May GOD Bless you ! Life is hard enough. Pray for your enemies. Peace Sister.

February 16, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  54. DedTV

Pure jealousy. She thinks because she outlasted Jennifer Hudson on (what is widely considered the worst season of) American Idol that she should have been up there instead. The difference is, Jennifer Hudson has constantly worked to become a better artist while Fantasia has worked only on continuing to be a massive train wreck.

February 16, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  55. TASIAFAN

HATERS!!!! GUESS WHAT, TASIA GOT HER A GRAMMY!!!! BOOM!!!! ALL THESE HATERS, WOW!!!!!

February 16, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • DedTV

And in 6 months or so, you'll probably be able to buy that Grammy at a pawn shop in NYC.

February 16, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fantasia eat her booga

Yo I gitz duh gramee but it sho don b payn my bill. Suntime i git so depress cuz I no my timez b ova an no moe gravee fo fanny. Take bak yo grammee an gimme MO MONEY. I wipe my booga n dat sillee staute

February 17, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  56. Cellar Door

Your grammy was a long time coming? Two words: Mavis Staples.

February 16, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  57. D

Um...I don't think tha picture of her cuddling and kissing a man while he still married is considered blowing anything out of proportion

February 16, 2011 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Britt

Umm...don't pics or not, you still don't kno Wats goin on with her. they could show a pic of you wit sum girl n you could be gay or sum...but we don't kno that b/c we aren't with you every second of ur life

February 16, 2011 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • D

You sound riddiculous. Doesn't matter what she's going through everybody got their story. You cant deny the proof.

February 17, 2011 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  58. Britt

Wow! It's extremely sad that's ppl are saying she's nobody. She has talent so obviously she's something. She really just wanted to contribute to the honoring of her idol. If she wanted to her own thing, that's her choice. And as far as her bring a homewrecker, no one has the right to accuse her of that only because we aren't living her life and we aren't there every second with her to even know what's going on. The media blows everything wat out of proportion. You would think ppl are way smarter than this but from the comments I've read, I beginning to doubt that.

February 16, 2011 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Juls

How arrogant and self-serving. I'm sure Aretha is the idol of most singers. I don't think many people even noticed that fantasia wasn't there.

February 16, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Farts n' hoffen

The professional thing to do is keep your mouth shut. So you feel you were 'dissed.' Maybe you were, maybe you weren't. Suck it up and realize that you're more than lucky to have an ounce of relevance in an industry that's a shadow of its former self. Face it, your place in music is squarely on the line between D-list and "who are you, again?"

February 16, 2011 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  61. rayvan

I love fantasia I really do but I dont agree with what she's saying. Hundreds maybe thousands of good singer look up to Aretha. Everyone want to do a tribute. Hell, I cant sing but I want to do a tribute. Point is, I feel it was childish like a kid poking there lip out over something you cant control. Why not go to support the others. I think they did a great job

February 16, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  62. JD

I did watch the tribute and was surprised that Fantasia was not part of it. She is a talented woman that has been through a lot and is making every effort to move forward. She's made mistakes but we all make mistakes. Her mistakes are headlines because of who she is but we have all seen other celebrities in the same situations. She's learned some hard lessons in the past few years. She's human.
    Congradulation Fantasia on your grammy. Its about time!

February 16, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  63. red baron

Ya'll purple people are sooooo mean! lol

February 16, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  64. starr25

The only thing that a white boy can do for me, is point me out the direction that a fine azz black man went....

February 16, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Homes

A whiteboy could probably find which prison yo baby daddy be stayin, if you know who he b.

February 17, 2011 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  65. Honey Bunny

Fanny....please grow up! While you were sitting there "boycotting" the grammys you should've boycotted your personal life. Instead of trying to commit suicide over a married man, you should have been thinking about what that action would do to your daughter. GROW UP AND ACT LIKE A WOMAN!!!!!

February 16, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  66. starr25

just for the record...I LOVE MY BEAUTIFUL BLACK SKIN AND ALL THE CULTURE THAT COMES ALONG WITH IT..........and by the way these white boys be trying to get a date with me ..apparently..THEY LOVE IT TO..but to bad for them, because I am just crazy about the BLACK MEN. LOVE THEM AND ALL THEY HAS TO OFFER TO DEATH!!!!!

February 16, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  67. yallrstoopid

okay, most of what i read was ignorant...however, some of it was true. #1 she shouldve been a part of the tribute but i refuse to believe that racism was a factor, those were really big names on the stage and she has failed to prove that she can handle the fame. #2 fantasia sings from her heart, not many of these mainstream 'singers' can say the same. her voice is unique and her own and i find it refreshing to hear someone that doesnt sound like everybody else. #3 b.e.t. is owned by white people. #4 since yall brought up black history month v. white history month, white history is everyday...everytime i clock in to work im busting my ass and thanking my lucky stars to put a white man in my pocket so i can give him back to another white man...tis life. noone should be resentful of anyone who celebrates black history when this is, in fact, the shortest month of the year. #5 yallrstooooopid! stop hatin! and most importantly, stop talkin about it and be about it.

February 16, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Name* humblegirl

All these negative reaction, hello she said nothing bad about the anyone in that interview. Y'all so quick to but someone down. Everybody did something before and it's in the closet. She's a star and we know, but y'all trick act like you prefect. So what she made a mistake, that snow bunny look like she's a crack head. Raise up off my my girl! dream killer. You made because you don't have her money.....lol

February 16, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Ms Liz, GA

@Mitch; Just know you're welcomed not to watch black entertainment stations, nor read black entertainment magazines! Just about all of the other stations belong to white interests and issues! If it so happens to be some black interests shown on those stations, it's mainly because of money and ratings! We had to read LIFE, LOOK, HOMES & GARDENS, COSMOPOLITAN, and other white societal magazines for years, if we could read at all! Some of us came together and published EBONY, JET, and others of our interests!

February 16, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  70. WKeithH001

Saw No racism. Jennifer H. and Yolanda A. , neither of whom are white. Who knows why they chose the singers they did. But Fantasia, should feel blessed and honored to have received her 11 nominations, and it is a shame she was not present for her 1st win. And now , I hope she realizes, that her comments, may have lost her any chance for future nominations. Why, oh why do some people never stop to think about the consequences their statements could cause. Not smart Fantasia, NOT SMART!

February 16, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  71. jeneka

well, Fantasia i love you anyway. If you felt you wanted to stand for something good for you. I am so proud of you for turning things around for you and your little one. congrats on the grammy. Also, please dont pay any attention to the negative comments. some people only feel good about themselves for puting others down. keep doin your thing mama..
    p.s i didnt even watch the tribute because you wasnt up there...love u girl

February 16, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  72. D

No she didn't. Christina is much more talented and has a better voice than Fantasia

February 16, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Shayla Lewis

WHAT THE HELL WAS CHRISTINA AGUILARA DOING UP THERE?I DONT REALLY LIKE FANTASIA BUT SHE HAD MORE RIGHT TO BE UP THERE THAN CHRISTINA!

February 16, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  74. mejazzbo

I seriously doubt Ms. Franklin would have thought Fantasia Barrino worthy to participate in the AF Tribute.

February 16, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cathay

In that case she wouldn't be considering Fantasia to play her in her upcoming biopic! Aretha didn't come either...maybe she's boycotting bc they didn't invite Fantasia! Fantasia was Hurt by not bring invited.. She has the right to be honest! Doesn't mean she's boycotting the Grammys. Many nominees didn't show...

February 16, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  75. D

She's a spoiled, self centered brat. She didn't care who she was hurting when she decided to have an affair with a married man in public and became a homewrecker. Then she decided that she didn't want to live life and tried to take the selfish route of suicide, and now because she didn't sing at the Grammys, she goes to the media to pout about it. every single decision she's made is selfish. She's a grown woman, and needs to start acting like one.

February 16, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Ms Liz, GA

@Mitch; to answer your sarcastic question of when is 'WHITE HISTORY MONTH'; to us it looked every month in AMERICA was 'WHITE HISTORY MONTH'! Years ago, one of our ancestral soldiers and his troops decided that we deserved to have at least one month out of a whole year to celebrate our own, OK? So we chose, being still in subserviency, the shortest month out of the year; FEBRUARY; it was granted by the 'powers that be', and who still are! Now, you don't want us to celebrate that! You want to take that back!

February 16, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  77. starr25

and how is YOUR day going??? : )

February 16, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  78. starr25

All of the pea brain idiots on here that think making racist comments about US Beautiful, Never get old looking like other ethic groups, black people, is hurting us....WRONG...AGAIN!!!! We are beyond that..Yes I am a darkie and loving it, never have to get sunburn trying to get dark... like some people i know...Yessss I like watermelon along with other fruits...oh, and here is a bonus for ya...I also love crispy fried chicken....... I can dance good....oh, matter of fact we, blacks do every thing well.

February 16, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • TIFFANY

LOL SO TRUE PEOPLE ONLINE CAN BE SO IGNORANT YOU JUST HAVE TO LAUGH SHAKE YOUR HEAD LOVE YOURSELF AND KEEP IT MOVING

February 16, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ starr25

You obviously don't use proper grammar. It looks like I found a flaw in your commentary.

February 17, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  79. T-Rex

not u again u crazy b**ch

February 16, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  80. chris

so that's what you call it when you aren't even invited ...........(for those who don't understand.........no invite = boycott)

February 16, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  81. CJ

I really think Fantasia's desicion to not go to the grammys was stupid period...she passed up a wonderful experience...but for all of the people saying blah to racism is stupid it still goes on everyday. I cant even spend $2000 at Saks 5th w/o them checkin my ID and bankcard thoroghly b/c they think a black woman shouldnt be able to spend that much money..Im sayin this cause it happened 20 min ago...racism is still alive

February 16, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Ms Liz, GA

@Mitch; Since it DOES still exist, and has been awakened out of it's subtle sleep since OBAMA has been president; I have always been watchful, simply because I KNEW that devil was next to impossible to KILL; It was just waiting for the next time to come back out on a 'rampage'; and 'whoop there it is'! People are cowards, and are in denial but that time is now, ever since JAN 20, 2009! I do consider myself as an 'expert' in detecting bigotry, racism and discriminatory acts of behavior, verbal and written!

February 16, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Aaron Moore - Sacramento CA

Sheesh. That's like Brady Quinn boycotting the Hall of Fame ceremony.

February 16, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  84. lisa allen

watching that aretha franklin tribute was the worst. i mean, i turned it off because it was not respectful to aretha at all. she deserved better and i too agree that Fantasia would have been a better participant than even jennifer hudson or christina aguilera. they should have combined it with all women representing the soul of Aretha's music. yes, everyone across all genres love or were inspired by her..but only a select few can truly SING and make you feel like it like Aretha. I gave that opening sequence two thumbs DOWN.

February 16, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  85. starr25

something tells me that everyone who make statements about racism and identifying themselves as "black" on this site , is really some white person trying to start problems......boy...kids...

February 16, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Ms Liz, GA

I think Fantasia was again acting childish! She's gotten a little 'BIG HEADED'! She wants attention! I really believe that's all it was when she did that botched up suicide attempt! She was just feeling sorry for herself after all the blow-up with her and that womans' husband! She needs to grow up QUICK, before she finds herself kicked to the curb for good! She's a good singer, but she's not ALONE! Christina was out there a long time and can damn well sing ARETHA and RACISM had nothing to do with it!

February 16, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • eb

I think the tribute too that lady was a mess and all over the place. A lot of them shouldn't been in it. Reading off the telecom. Lol. And Aretha Franklin wasn't even there.. Wow Grammy's awards really did it up this year... lmao.

February 16, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tracy Murray

My thoughts exactly , she come across as a self serving drama queen to me , no matter the skin colour or genre of music she is involved with .

February 16, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Patrick

Wow... she's pretty self-centered to not show up because she wasn't invited to participate in that performance.

She needs to get over herself. She's not that good.

February 16, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Arelem

"Fantasia Boycotted Grammys"...... and nobody noticed.

February 16, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  89. T-Rex

Hey don't be using my name to pretend i'm one of these purple people.

February 16, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Vic

One word Ms. Fantasia:

Egomaniac.

February 16, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Nature Boy007

The Aretha Franklin tribute should have featured "J. Hudson, Y. Adams, Patti Labelle, F. Burino, Gladys Knight, Oleta Adams and maybe Christina, just dont forget the lyrics please... we thought long and hard in the tv executive board room that eve.

February 16, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Really

February 16, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Cynthia Rutherford

WHO CARES ....I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU CAN COMPLAIN ABOUT SOMETHING SO MINOR.YOU ARE NOTHING SPECIAL.IDON'T EVEN LIKE YOUR SINGING.I STILL WONDER WHY YOU ARE WHERE YOU ARE TODAY. STOP BEING SUCH A BABY.

February 16, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  94. sonnybabe

Forgive me, I just dont understand. Fantasia didn't register in my brain when it came to stellar vocalist for Aretha Franklin's tribute. Some of us need not be so self absorbed, or think more of ourselves than is necessary to think.
    Please, let's not take the course of least resistance, and call the race card.

February 16, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Kay

Fantasia yu didn't get picked cause they didn't think yu was fit 2 sing Aretha Franklin's songs and I dnt blame them... If thts the case nobody should've shown up!

February 16, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Juan

Anyone who knows Aretha Franklin knows that she regards Fantasia as a daugther and Mentee. I agree with Fantasia in that the Academy missed the boat by not inviting her to sing. She could have easily replaced, Miranda, Christina, or Florence Welch who probably dont give two craps about Aretha and her music.

February 16, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • D

Obviously they do care about Aretha's music...they sang a tribute to her! Get real.

February 16, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jon

Dont be fooled, fool. Just because someone takes an opportunity to promote themselves and their music for millions of viewers does not mean they care about the artist's music. Flo can't even sing. Those three cannot sing soul music and should have sat down.

February 16, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  97. SHOOOOOO

I just farted. Shoooooo : )

February 16, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  98. tee

i love fantasia she is very talented i guess I compare it to being passed over for a promotion you know you have talent but you just don't get the position eveybody will have there chance in life but it is an honor to be just nominated for a Grammy

February 16, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  99. anhek

Lol!!

February 16, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Eva Cassidy Rules Heaven

Fantasia wasn't invited because she's just not big enough a star to overcome her personal, self-made troubles. As to her Grammy being a long time coming? Get real. You've only been on the fme spectrum for a few years. Mick Jagger performed at the Grammys for the first time ever on Sunday so keep it in perspective, girl.

February 16, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  101. josh thompson

You ignorant, classless thugs crying racism really are stupid, huh? Each and every last one of you. Let me guess..... I'm racist for writing this? Maybe, CBS' 'affirmative action' quota was filled, so they gave the job to a qualified white girl?

February 16, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  102. barnave

She is years away from being Great / This was not about You maybe if you were a model celebrity to aspire to be like you would have been INVITED to participate / but your ego got in the way / good luck / A great celebrity always has the appearance of being HUMBLE /

February 16, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  103. jurby

so, Fantasia... so you think that you deserved to be a part of the tribute because your a big fan? seriously? Fantasia, you seriously need to re-evaluate your priorities! sorry Fantasia but you haven't been in the business long enough to be someone who'd be on the top of the lists to do tributes to anybody. let it go and just be happy that you won a Grammy, Fantasia as you should be honored just to be nominated!

February 16, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Barbara cherry

Listen up...it is what it is and real critics get paid. FB dont need yall...she could poot out atune better than any of yall can sing...[ oklahoma fan]

February 16, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Tipper

did you hear that Jay Z rented a mansion and getting a trial seperation form that georgous beyonce knowles.
    he is so lucky to have just known her. I hope she really meets a great guy apparently doesn't have to have good looks.
    you smart young girls with money need to stop marrying you grandpas'. Believe me if they look thisi way now in about
    10 years they will scare you when they can barely get to bed. BEYONCE been there done that, get rid of that
    looser now.

February 16, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lay-Z Gotz Big Ole Lips

I heard the reason was every time he kissed BeYowSay she had to redo her entire face makeup.

February 16, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Red Dawn

Lol

February 16, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  107. B=Dog

Fantasia boycotted the Grammy's.... and NOBODY noticed lol

February 16, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  108. ydm

Fatasaia, spend some of your money on singing lessons then maybe, maybe next time you are asked. Please recognize that you just cannot sing. Your voice SUCKS!!! Even when you speak. Just go away and get lost!

February 16, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  109. T-Rex

I am a strong and proud African American man and I say it was raciism plain and simple. We have faced hundereds of years of descrminatory behavior from whites. We too are peoples. We too deserve justive. Fantasia was right to stand up against this raacism. She a hero.

February 16, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  110. mrldbaines

Fantasia is right! She is the modern-day Aretha so she should be allowed to pay homage to her idol. As for the haters, remember people accused the queen of the same thing as Fantasia...not being able to sing! Check your history 1st.

February 16, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  111. VooseLagina

Who the he!! cares about what Chris Tucker thought about the grammy's????

February 16, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Floria Sigmundi

Shea annoying and sounds stuck up she seems to think she deserves all this stuff

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kJGachsPnk&w=640&h=390]

February 16, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  113. I'm back

You know what maybe racism should come back so you black people since u like to say white boy and white girl, but I will put u all together want to always complain about how hard u have if there was some much racism in the world way is the president BLACK umm let me guess there was more blackies than ur superiour white friends and u beat us in the vote um no don't think so cuz ur white buddies voted for him too plus the ones complaining arent even ur lower class its the ones that keep their own people down then complain it's the whites but whatever fanny is a waste of talent just trying to get some light since she couldn't have her Grammy light cry baby

February 16, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  114. James Browns retired Girdle

YOW!! Yall KNOW Fantasia should be up day! YOW. I FEEL GOOD!!

February 16, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Re-Runs Underpants

I dont care if Fantasia eats her booga or not she shouldve been up there stylin and profilin foe aretha.

February 16, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  116. AlyKennedy

Okay...Fantasia is just being an emo girl. She can't sing and so what that she won american idol? She had a sob story that people loved. No, I really don't like her, nor will I ever. I can sing better than her anyways. Your voice is why they didn't want you in the tribute, Fantasia. GET OVER IT.

February 16, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  117. MadCityBabe

man, if I'd been nominated, I'd been all over that red carpet enjoying every moment..hob nobbing with fellow artists I admire...but alas, I can't carry a tune to save my tushie, so I guess there's no Grammy in my future...too bad Ms. High and Mighty F missed her very moment she'd been waiting for..........may never come again!

February 16, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Donna

Racism? REALLY? I'm black and don't understand how you guys made the leap. Some people are picked for these things and some aren't. Grow up. It's stupid racial accusations like this that keep the REAL RACIAL ISSUES buried. Quit clogging up the system with this petty sh!t! Save it for the REAL ISSUES! Come to think about it, maybe because she tried to commit suicide last year they don't want anything to do with her..ever think about that?

February 16, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Linda

Fantasia just needs to go away quietly. Pouting because she wasn't invited to sing the Aretha Franklin tribute – come on – grow up already. I will not support one dime of my hard earned money on Fantasia. Glad she wasn't there.

February 16, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • omegawife1

Same one going away just won a Grammy. So, despite all her flaws, and we all have them, she aint going anywhere no time soon.

February 16, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Fantasias doo doo sprinkles

Yaw b jeelus cub fanny b goot 2 sang uh sawn but jaw hata say naw. Fantasia b say f u din i stay homie, puh sprinkle on my doo doo an eat it.

February 16, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  121. yo momma

Spoiled brat...what a looser...she told everybody why she didnt go...lol and nobody cared...lol...

February 16, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Mitch

Racism? Is that the only excuse you can come up with while she didn't get on stage? And if you want to talk about racism, maybe blacks should step back and look again. Let's see, it's February so it's Black History Month. When is White History Month? And if we did have a White History Month, all the blacks the stand up and call out racism. And oh, we also have BET (Black Entertainment Television). Wonder what would happen if we had WET (White Entertainment Television). I know what would happen.... RACISM would be voiced. Just because somebody didn't get their way that doesn't mean it's racism. GET OVER IT!

February 16, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • LL Cool J

WhiteHistory month be when I kick u in yo ASS, Whiteboy.

February 16, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • american

Ok those without sin cast the first stone. I have never seen a white person go into a business establishment and receive a look like this is not the place for you. Never heard about white people being Hung in trees never heard about white people being beaten sometimes to death for trying to learn how to read. Now yes all this was 3centurys ago. So you tell me is all fairness has been given GOD BLESS YOUR SOUL!

February 16, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • MissKay

We needed BET because at some point in time the TV stations didn't play B music or show B videos. This is in MY lifetime and I'm 40. When MTV (a.k.a White Entertainment Television) finally showed the Prince and MJ video's it was like the dawn of a new day. We haven't arrived yet! I'm the type of people who still remembers when WET didn't play my music so in an effort to apologize for all of your WET past mistakes, leave BET alone. It will go away when the time is right.

February 24, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  123. ProperVillain

Sooooo...basically she didn't attend because she felt she was snubbed for the Aretha tribute? Ok, Fantasia is a great singer but this behavior is that of a snot nosed, spoiled diva. Not very appealing or classy at all....

February 16, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • rashard

thats not all of the story they didnt televised the R&B and RAP category

February 17, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  124. SG

Um, racism? Seriously? Being that the person they were doing the tribute to WAS a black woman and that there were 2 up there singing? Really? Get over yourselves. If you a problem, do something about it. Go join Fantasia in her boycott where ever she's at. I'm sure there were plenty of other performers that wanted to be there singing too. But what ever. I guess that's how you live your lives, just sitting there ready to cry racist over everything that doesn't go your way. Sucks for you!

February 16, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • omegawife1

Hey SG, man or whoever you are, don't stereotype all black people. You don't know us and you could not possibly understand what we as a black race go through.

February 16, 2011 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  125. destiny

pathetic sooooo thirsty who is aretha

February 16, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • you fail

Hope your comment was sarcasm... because you never heard of Aretha you need to quit life.

February 16, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Barry Manilow opens cans with his nose

What about us Jews...I didnt see any jews up there bobbin around or wearin beanie caps.

February 16, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Speedy

Racism? Really? Get over it! It is 2011 and I can't believe that we're even talking about racism! From what I could see, the Grammys were pretty even as far as black/white performers, presenters, nominees, and winners. Besides, even though Aretha is a black woman, her songs appeal to ALL people – black, white, or whatever. Looks like the bigot is you Yolanda! You come out saying "that white girl". What if somebody said "that black girl" referring to Yolanda Adams or Jennifer Hudson? No matter what color you are, singling people out and criticizing them because of their race is racism. It's time to get over it!

February 16, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • cajr

its not racism for who she is, its racism for her color. colorism if you will. you see so people could care less about where you came from. they just dont like your color. colorism. damn i love it!!!

February 16, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • omegawife1

Dam Speedy, yall sure get defensive about race when dealing with racism. Heck yeah it's 2011 and we are still having racism threwn up in our faces every dam day. Do you watch cable news? Do you listen to some of the sh** that's being said out there, it sure aint against white folks? So what the heck do you mean, please tell me. I am an African American female and doin my thing the RIGHT way as majority of BLACK america is, contrary to what WHITE america think. So, if you want us to stop playing the RACE card, then why don't yall stop playing the RACE card. OH, but you wouldn't understand since the WHITE race are the one's that are TRULY playing the race card. Yall be damned.

February 16, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Danny

Daaaamn, omegawife. That's racist.

you so crazy

February 16, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  128. TT

SHE WAS UP FOR A GRAMMY AND WON BUT, SHE WANTED TO DO HER OWN LITTLE THING AND SHE MISSED HER VERY MOMENT

February 16, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Flavor Flavs Butt Brownies

Why come white folks want blackie to have nothing.

February 16, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  130. As usual

Yep...us black folk always are thrown to the back of the bus. Its time to stand up...BLACK POWER!

February 16, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • MadCityBabe

get over yourself...how do you expect to move on if you keep wallowing in this SH__T

February 16, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • omegawife1

That's right, BLACK POWER. You know everytime a black person brings up racism, white folks sure get on the defensive. I wonder why?

February 16, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Danny

derp

February 16, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • ScrewRacism

We get defensive because of the black people like u who always wanna pull the race card. Is there still racism out there, heck ya. But its not just white people that are racist.
      P.S.
      With all the bs going on with Fantasia, do u honestly think Queen-Diva Aretha wants to be associated with her? I wouldnt want her singing my music either.

February 17, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  131. Yolanda Weiner

She dit her own little thing? Spoiled insensitive BYTCH!! F U Fanny!

February 16, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • omegawife1

You know, there is no reason to dis Fantasia in this manner. The girl can sing. Everybody goes through tough times in their life were they may self-destruct, however they deserve all the chances that you would give yourself. Stop hating. Maybe she was being selfish in not being at the Grammy's but who are you and all the rest to judge. Are you all Christians? I hope not. And for the those of you who call the lady a crackhead ho, yall can kiss my ass for Fantasia. All you know is what is being portrayed in the media. You all don't know her and neither do I, but yet you judge. Yall must be on crack and hoes too. I am an African American female and it is very disrespectful to be saying things like this about any person. And I do note that a lot of you are women yourselves. Talk about ho LOL.

February 16, 2011 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Danny

HERE HERE Omegawife,

but selfish is as selfish does.

also, isn't Pride one of the 7 deadly sins?

February 16, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Terrie

i think it was racism. they had that white girl sing but not fantasia. typical hollywood discrimination against us african americans.

February 16, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • SayWHAT!

@Terri, Umm did you see the performance?????.. What is Jennifer Hudson?? Last time I checked she is Black isnt she? Racist, Get real!Maybe Fantasia didnt get picked. That happens in life!! You win some and you loose some! This time she lost but there will be other times.. She should man up! She should stop acting like a selfish child... Because of her selfishness she missed out on her opportunity to enjoy her Grammy!
      By the way, I am black too

February 16, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • JJ

That white girl outsings Fantasia everyday of the week!!

February 16, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ralph

Christina is black on the inside.

February 16, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Troy

Hey idiot, they gave the award to a black person! How can they be racist against blacks and the award was given to a black person. You must be absolutely cracked out. You are the racist and it's black people like yourself who keep racism alive and well in this country. God forbid the reason be that she is a home wrecking, cracked out, former, and soon to be again welfare tramp ho, that should never even won American Idol. I can only think that you must be the same Terrie, you racist pos!!!

February 16, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Danny

lol. Trolled

February 16, 2011 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  133. jillmarie

Seriously, what drugs were she on? It's an honor to be nominated! She should have attended, and she's lucky she won. They could only have so many people do the tribute, and she wasn't chosen. Get over it!

February 16, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Urethra Franklin

this is a low stream story.

February 16, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Has Been

Who cares about this talentless loser. Fantasia, go eat your boogers.

February 16, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Krys

LOL...agree!

February 16, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • um...

Fantasia was too busy being a homewrecker and trying to take her own life.

She is a mess right now and they probably did not want to take a chance with someone like that.

Also just because Aretha is one of my singing idols doesn't mean I should automatically get to sing her songs at the Grammys.

February 16, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Has Been

Too bad she can't read your comment. Literally... she can't read it.

February 16, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me

Wow really y'all? Why y'all spew such hatred toward someone u don't know? I think you people need help mentally.

February 17, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
    • sockpuppet

wow–she's really gotta tone down the ego a little bit-pouting because she never won a grammy and because they didn't ask her to be part of the Aretha Franklin tribute? WAH The underlying issue here is both her and Jennifer Hudson were on American Idol the same season, and JH didn't make it very far. Fantasia is just p.o'd that JH was up there and not her.

February 22, 2011 at 3:42 am | Report abuse |
    • BlackBOy

shut up you lame!

June 9, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Ralph

What?

February 16, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  137. MadCityBabe

don't tell, you're and English major....right?!

February 16, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |