Kim Kardashian on singing: I'm no Beyoncé
February 15th, 2011

Kim Kardashian on singing: I'm no Beyoncé

Christina Aguilera can rest easy. There won't be any vocal aerobics or powerhouse pipes on display when Kim Kardashian's first record, "Turn It Up," drops in about three weeks.

Kardashian, who collaborated on the one-off single with music producer The-Dream, admits to MTV that she was concerned about her singing skills before heading into the recording studio.

"You know, it was something that I was really uncomfortable and nervous about, and [The-Dream] really just wanted me to step outside of my box and try something I've never done before," says the "Kourtney & Kim Take New York" star. "So I was really honest. I'm like, 'You're not gonna get Beyoncé here, you're not gonna get Celine Dion,' and he really pulled something out of me."

Ultimately, Kardashian was thrilled with the music and the fact that the song will benefit charity.

"I'm proud of myself that I tried something. It's all in fun," she explained. "We just had a good time and the proceeds are going to a cancer organization [because we both] lost a parent to cancer. So it's just fun."

Post by:
Filed under: Beyonce • Celebrities • Kardashians • Music • television

1. Ren

Id hit it

February 17, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  2. T-Rex

Nah Kim is more my style.

February 16, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  3. JR

When I was a kid my dad brought home a record (thanks dad)of a bunch oh dogs barking out the song Jingle Bells. I'd rather hear their new CD then listen to one of Kim's.

February 16, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  4. FAsh10npr1nc3ss

Kim is delightful and honest. I endorse DISH Network for their honesty as well. DISH Network has over 200 HD channels available so when the single drops be sure to hear it clearly. I have worked with DISH for over 2 years and highly recommend them to anyone interested in music and fashion. Try Palladia HD and FASHION TV HD. You will be glad you did!

February 16, 2011 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
    • dishsuxabigroot

Dish BLOWS....Poor service...poorer reception....you want ghetto satellite TV call Dish! Hook you up with weekly terms.

February 16, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  5. Beyonces huge hips

Kim may not be as "talented" as Beyowsay but she is far better looking and was raised with a more proper etiquitte. Plus B has those huge child bearing hips and has yet to squirt out a puppy and once she does her hips are gonna be wider than aretha fat belly.

February 16, 2011 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
  6. T-Rex

Kim is cute but I find Billy Ray Cyrus to be cuter.

February 16, 2011 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
  7. Sammy

A-Duh It is quite obvious you are not a Beyonce or Christina or mariah or Whitney –stick to what you do best, making money being annoying & wearing way to much makeup ! Please do not sing anymore.

February 16, 2011 at 5:45 am | Report abuse |
  8. Ted

This woman is a total freak.

February 16, 2011 at 4:13 am | Report abuse |
  9. Joyce

@Cheefsfury I know you are not trying to diss Beyonce are you??? because she is extremely talented you dumb dumb!!!

February 16, 2011 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
  10. T-Rex

Yea really.

February 16, 2011 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
  11. Sara

She's not only not Beyonce, she isn't anyone, including herself. She's a waste of bandwidth.

February 16, 2011 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  12. Chris

She's so attractive. It's just a shame that she has absolutely nothing else going for her.

February 15, 2011 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  13. D

That guy in the background is kinda creepy looking lol

February 15, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Sickofheralready

Oh Kim, Kimmy – she's no Beyonce. DUH?! Reeally girlfriend you can hardly speak let alone sing. But money can buy anything including a single wherein she collaborates with some of the hottest producers out there. Is her 15 minutes DONE YET??

February 15, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  15. El Jefe

Nope, but you are closer to being a P0rn star than she is, also you're closer to being a washed-up has-been than she is, a talentless hack than she is, etc., etc...

February 15, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

"I'm no Beyoncé"

No you are not, however your butt is as big as hers.

February 16, 2011 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
    • KKnoTalent

Sweetie there are many things that you are not and famous for what reason? basically your name much like the Hiltons, the Richie, and all other famous for no talents. Thank God you realized you couldn't sing. Now why don't you and the other no talent girls go out with your dog in a purse, have wine for lunch, and pose for those nasty paparatzi?

February 16, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  16. cheefsfury

I THINK ONLY ONE NO TALENT BROAD NAMED BEYONDE OR WHAT EVER NAME HER MOM MADE UP FOR HER IS ENOUGH FOR THIS WORLD

February 15, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Philip

Can this woman PLEASE go away already?

February 15, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Superhiro

Check out that chick in the front. Trainwreck!

February 15, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • rualright

whats wrong with you people! she is awesome. and i would kiss anything on her

February 19, 2011 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  19. sjfksjfkl

check that guy out in the back. CREEP.

February 15, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |