'Real Housewives of ATL' reunion a snooze
February 14th, 2011

'Real Housewives of ATL' reunion a snooze

With so much sass this season, I was really expecting more from part one of “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” reunion.

Folks were decidedly low-key on Sunday night’s show, which was filled with more subtle jabs than I've become used to from our Georgia peaches.

Cynthia threw a little shade when Andy asked her about the negative comments made regarding her fashion runway walk – the harshest of which came from Phaedra, who said Cynthia looked like a “pretzel dipped in cottage cheese.”

“I’d like to see some of these ladies walk in a fashion show and then I could critique them,” Cynthia responded. “I’m sure I would find flaws.”

We then shifted to Kim and her psychic telling her she would get pregnant (she is) with a boy (that remains to be seen) by a person who would be her partner for life (no comment).

When Andy asked NeNe whether she thought Kroy and Kim would last, she very tersely told him she didn’t care. Is this the same woman who two years ago called Kim a “trashy hooker”? Could it be that they really are over being frenemies?

The conversation with the potential to be the most explosive was the one which never seemed to really get off the ground. NeNe claimed that “Big Poppa” had called Sweetie a “black b****” in front of her, and Sheree and Lisa and Kim did nothing. Mixing race into anything usually sets it off, but not this time around.

I hate to even type it, but I completely agreed with Fakedra, who talked about the sensitivity of the issue given that they are black women in the South, and the continuing existence of racism despite living in a country with successful African Americans and a black president. She really broke it down.

The most excitement came from Phaedra and NeNe going back and forth about how they know each other. NeNe insists that they don't.

"Phaedra had stated in one of her interviews that we grew up together, and I said we didn't grow up together," NeNe said. "We didn't play together."

Phaedra pointed out that of course they didn't play together because NeNe is much older than her, and then insinuated that NeNe is older than her stated 43 years. OUCH!

And as for that diss from NeNe that Phaedra is riding on the success of representing Bobby Brown years ago, Phaedra said NeNe's only success has come from the "Housewives," and reveled that NeNe had contacted her about being on Brown's reality show...even though NeNe supposedly doesn't know her.

What did you think of part one? Are you as anxious as I am for part two? Sound off.

1. Tracy

Cynthia is overly sensative. The comments about her butt were not intended to be insults. Phaedra & Sheree just had a conversation about the brillance of having lovely lady lumps in a previous episode <3

February 18, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  2. drew

agree, thought it was a snooze until fans starting weighing in. Didn't like Phaedra at first, but thinks she's a great counter to NeNe. Also agree with the narcisstic comment on NeNe.

I think this writer's take on the first half of the reunion is really good, too.

February 15, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  3. cynthia vincent

nene has to be the way that she is, the reason is, she is an unattractive woman and to be heard not seen is what makes her famous. here you have all these classy beautiful ladies (except nene)they are not acting as ghetto as nene, cynthia needs to let that relationship with nene go before nene ends up in bed with her husband, i don't care what type of relationship they have. phaedra, i applaud you you are the ultimate classy lady. kim, you needs a reality check,it is just ridiculous the way that you are. grow up kim. nene's husband seems to be a nice person, god bless him for dealing with a nut for so long, don't worry someone will come along and swoop him up, i really son't think nene really wants a divorce, she is doing what she's doing for publicity which will haunt her in the years to come, she must think she is gorgeous, not. go back to that doctor who made a mess of your nose nene.

February 15, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  4. lynn

I think NeNe is a good mom to her older son. She wants him to get an education and have a good life. She deserves to be mad at Dwight-he was talking about her husband/money to other people. A real friend would have come to her. Kim is white trash-horrible role model for her kids-dating a married man-who is still married today. She has been smoking while pregnant-she's lying. They were all mean to Cynthia in swimsuit-I agree they should all wear one and let her comment on them-jealous.Real friends support each other. These women were thrown together for this show-not really friends-too much backstabbing. Kandi even says things behind backs that is rude. NeNe can be over the top, but she can be nice too.

February 15, 2011 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  5. Tina

He is the married man that kim was with for a while. I dont kn if he is white or black or what have you. all i know is he was married at the time he was banging her. now she is with some white football dude and is having his baby. child can you believe it!?

February 15, 2011 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
  6. D

Who is Big Poppa?

February 14, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  7. FeliciaM

I agree that everyone s coming after Ne Ne. Phaedra is coming after her the hardest, when they ALL had something to say about her, her husband and baby. Ne Ne spoke the harshest when she talked about her baby being ready to come. And she talked about Phaedra and not the baby like Kim. Ne Ne also stated that she did not know Phaedra in ATHENS, not at all. Phaedra represented Bobby Brown in Atlanta. And just because she contacted her does not mean they know each other. Last but not least, I was on Kim's side until finding out Big Poppa called Sweetie a black b*** and no one confronted him about it, not even Sweetie's dear friend of 11 years, who continued to date him knowing that he was a racist, so what does that say for her?

February 14, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  8. MS LIZ, ATLANTA

You know people, I can appreciate all of your opinions, but from the very first episode of the 'REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ATLANTA', I picked right up on NE NE being a FOOL! She is 'hood' with bling now and that's thanks to GREG! She climbed down off of that 'POLE' and climbed up on GREGS' back; and he took her to bigger and better things in life! Yes, all of the girls are two-faced, but they have a little more respect and class with it! NE NE is rock gut ghetto-fabulous! She is narcissistic too! She needs help!

February 14, 2011 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  9. D

LOL

February 14, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sc Diva

Good gracious, I don't understand why everyone is so judgmental against NeNe.

February 14, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Tim

@Miss R you talk to damn much! You should then write a book about nene if you care so much about her.

February 14, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Miss R

I think people are being too harsh on Nene...let's be honest they are all messy but everyone wants to try to call out NeNe when she has always acted this way and has kept it real. What she says she will say it to your face and not say it behind your back and then when it comes time to address what was said back pedal and try to make nice. Like Fakedra trying to call her out and say that NeNe has been on her case all season....I don't find that true because all the women have said something about her and her husband....wasn't it Kim who called out her husband for being a convict and then SHEREE implying that he was gay. To be honest I think they...Kim, Kandi, Fakedra, and Sheree all banded together before the reunion to make Nene look like the ultimate villian of the season because of her fight with Kim...when they were cosigning with Nene about what she had to say. I'm no fan of any but just trying to keep it real with all the shade being thrown Nene's way...because they all talk smack....it's just when it comes to owning up the alone one I see keeping it real is Nene...the rest are trying to play nice when they know good and well they talk much ish. Especially Kandi...she say one thing behind Kim's back and then say another when they see each other in person. Just keep it real.

February 14, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Miss M

I think Nene is not jealous of Kim, she is jus angry about Kim going behind her back and doing the song Tardy For The Party, when it was originally Nene;s idea for them both to do it. Plus, Nene does not respect Kim;s singing ability and I for 1 agree with her.

February 14, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Miss R

I agree with you Miss M. Kim sees what can make her better...not mad about that...but she could have told NeNe that she wanted to the song on her own. Kim is really good at screwing people over....Nene and Kandi (I partial fault Kandi for not keeping it business like and putting the friend thing to the side to handle hers.). I agree Nene still mad and is tired of getting played.

February 14, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  14. sara

NeNe is obviously jealous of Kim....she wish she was KIM. Sleaze and All! I picked that up last season.

February 14, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Joe

Nene = gorilla

February 14, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Sharon

NeNe is really jealous of all the housewives. If the situation doesn't have her front and center she seems to turn on somebody or bring in somebody so that it will be. She's to big and tall to be acting like a drama queen she makes herself look more like a drag queen with all that drama.

February 14, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  17. 2011 Model

Thanks

February 14, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Denise

I enjoyed it. Finally these women are acting more like women and not children then they ever did. NeNe use to be my favorite but I see her now as a jealous drama queen and ghetto. She is jealous of Kim and people should see that. NeNe grown up and stop being a biotch!!

February 14, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |