'OMG', an Usher/Jaden Smith/Bieber performance
February 13th, 2011

'OMG', an Usher/Jaden Smith/Bieber performance

Before Usher and Justin Bieber took the stage, there was a trip down memory lane to 2007, when an even younger Bieber sang for the superstar.

Usher recalled that moment with the 16-year-old phenom in present time on the Grammys stage, reminding him that the first time they met in a parking lot, Bieber actually didn't sing, and Usher dropped this line on the kid: "If it was meant to be, we'd meet again," Biebs recalled.

And with that, Bieber launched into an acoustic performance of his smash, "Baby." It didn't stay low-key for long - the high-tech effects came out, along with Will Smith's son, Jaden Smith, who jumped in with a rap verse.

Usher didn't let the young ones steal all the spotlight: He joined in the performance with "OMG." By the end, the audience was on its feet, causing Biebs to crack a smile.

What'd you think? How are the performances lining up so far?

Filed under: Awards Season • Grammys

1. daminaree

jaden's really cool.

January 18, 2014 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  2. katy perry

all my fans i luv yah call me at 2719917 :)

March 4, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  3. memememmememememmememememem

Justin bieber is not all that and whoever got that whatever bieber fever y'all are so lame lamer than lame lame lame up in this peace jaden smith is wayyyyy better than stupid Justin bieber and jaden smith is wayyyyyyyyyyy cuter than Justin bieber and jaden smith is wayyyyyy a better rapper and singer than Justin bieber ya heard me so to all y'all who like jaden smith than Justin bieber i love y'all always baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 4, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  4. Beiber101

I think justin should shave his head and dump selena

February 14, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. 2011 Model

no justin

February 14, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  6. @ Beiber protectors

What are you his parents? Guess who doesn't need your sympathy? Justin Bieber. I understand you don't want people knocking on the kid for "succeeding" as you guys put it, but we're allowed to knock on him for having "undeserved success". Is it not valid to be upset with someone who has everything and CLEARLY doesn't deserve it?

February 14, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jen

The kid is talented...product or no product, he's being purchased. Lots of angry jealous people out there...leave him alone!

February 14, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Katie

I don't think by any means that Justin Bieber's "shelf life" is short. I think this young man has a very long career head of him, you can already see the change in his music throughout the couple of years he has been singing. As he gets older, his music has matured with him. Plus my daughter is 14, by no means a PRE TEEN and she loves the kid. You go Justin, you have already proved this naysayers wrong!

February 14, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Iced Tea

Justine sure is flat chested for a 16 year old gurl.

February 14, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Emma

Justine is tryng to buuuutch out. He introduced the return of Beavis and Butthead to MTV, got a hair cut, and was even seen ib public with an actual girl. He isnt fooling us though.

February 14, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Tom

To all those calling me a hater because i dont care for Justines music Please go check out the other blog about him. Looks like he really may only have fans that are 12 year old girls. Soooooo sad for the little sissssie.

February 14, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  12. D

Woo. Me too. I even like Bieber better than the Smiths.

February 14, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • memememmememememmememememem

okay d whatever ur name is why don't u like jaden smith he is better than Justin bieber baby! so get it straight boo boo get it and how do u like Justin beiber any ways u suck and if u want to talk about it in real life and phone number call 2511781 and we can beef any time

March 4, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  13. Superhiro

-Sigh- So Jaden Smith's a rapper too now huh? Sooooo tired of the Smiths these days.

February 14, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  14. D

Bieber is a product. Like Mcdonalds food. All publicity and zero talent. This was validated last night at the Grammy Awards.

February 14, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  15. Henry

ESPERANZA SPALDING RULES ! Talented and a great person ! WE LOVE YOU ESPARANZA !

February 14, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  16. Henry

He is just so arrogant. Seems to believe his own publicity. Comparing himself to The Beatles.

February 14, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  17. Big T

My daughter is 12. She loves all the Disney kids but said her and all her friends think JB is fruity.

February 14, 2011 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  18. Really

Maybe those posting don't know he is only 16? Who cares how he got there, whether or not he will stay there, fade away, change the world, . If you are over 20, it shouldn't be that serious. If you don't like today's music, the artists or whatever...you know the rest.

February 14, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  19. wanderer2687

I am not a big fan of Justin Bieber, but I will say that for as young as he is he did a good job. Usher however was a little disappointing because he was a little on the flat side, I expected more from such an experienced performer.

February 14, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  20. nene

i better log off. you are way meanies. justin bieber is ok. he is mostly fun to make fun of. bye.

February 14, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  21. nene

Now i am in trouble. My teacher said we can use classroom computers to go on cnn and see current events. NOT Entertainment Blogs. She is sending a note home to my mom. You creeps got me in trouble again. meanies.

February 14, 2011 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  22. JustMe

Give the kid a break! If he's gay – so what? I don't believe in that lifestyle but to each his own! He can sing – he's a kid, if you don't like it, don't listen! Plus, if Usher thinks he's worth it, apparently he is! Get a life!

February 14, 2011 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  23. Tommy James

He works at the fudge factory. In the packing position. :)

February 14, 2011 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  24. D

JB is an untallented looser. No vocal range. None. He sings like a white person.

February 14, 2011 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  25. ten four

I agree. His publicist or mom must be on here taking up for him. Bieber is the most untallented overpublicized hoooomo there is !

February 14, 2011 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  26. Nene

Anyone who thinks he can sing must be whiite.

February 14, 2011 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  27. Nene

I am 14 and he is way older than me ! By the time i am 16 i am gonna be president ! The first 16 year old african american lady president ! Just wait and see !

February 14, 2011 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  28. Rachel Blaufeld

I do not think that we should call any teenager names. I was hesitant about seeing the movie and it certainly illustrated the power of branding. http://backngroovemom.com/2011/02/14/justin-bieber-mompreneurs-solopreneurs-entrepreneurs/
    Rachel

February 14, 2011 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  29. goss

Music today is just manufactured in the studio's with auto-tune...these so called artists can't actually sing. Where are all the musicians signing & writing their own music? Thank god we have the music of the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's & some of the 90's.

February 14, 2011 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
    • iluvskittles83

You're absolutely right about that but Justin Beiber can sing very well live. I'm not a fan whatsoever, but I can't lie. The boy can really sing. He has a few clips on youtube.

February 14, 2011 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  30. Nene

Didnt he use to date Usher ?

February 14, 2011 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  31. Jay Low

yeah !

February 14, 2011 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
  32. Jay Low

His singinig wouldnt be nearly so bad of he didnt sound so much like that awful Justin Beiber. GROSS.

February 14, 2011 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
    • iluvskittles83

His whole outfit probably cost more than you're house you hater. Leave the 16 yr old alone and crack on somebody your own age. You too old for that.

February 14, 2011 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  33. Jay Low

One thing about that Beibs. He sure likes him some weeenies.

February 14, 2011 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
  34. LAQUECIA

Plus he has the blandest plain blaaaah singing voice in the land. He needs to date LILO to help him appear more grown up.

February 14, 2011 at 7:00 am | Report abuse |
    • iluvskittles83

I hope you're close to his age otherwise you are too darn old to be crackin on a 16 yr old, seriously. If it's all that serious just don't listen to him. He still make millions of dollars with or without.

February 14, 2011 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  35. LAQUECIA

Yeah ! When he isnt singing he works at the fudge factory. Plus I heard him and Sean are dating. Sean and beiber sitting in a tree. K I S S I N G !

February 14, 2011 at 6:55 am | Report abuse |
  36. BIEBER IS A FRUIT CAKE, and a HALF

I cannot stand todays "music". All it is, just beats that they make on their computers, and lame voices. And I'm talking about crap like Bieber. Sorry justin, your only famous because you have a fruit haircut, and a girl voice in a boy body. And because your mom "did what she had to do on her knees" to get the record companies to look at you. See you on the back burner in 2-3 years just like all the other crap out there and by the way, GLAD you didnt win Sh**, Real music is METAL, CLASSIC ROCK, and BLUES.

February 14, 2011 at 6:20 am | Report abuse |
    • iluvskittles83

I sure hope you between the ages of like 14-18 becasue you are too darn old to crackin on a 16 yr old. Just don't listen to him if it's that serious.

February 14, 2011 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  37. Cesa

Why was Jaden Smith on stage at the Grammys. Oh yeah, Will and Jada are close friends with Usher. No talent Jaden.

February 14, 2011 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Sylverina

LmAO.... @CESA ...SO MUCH BEEF....encourage the kid pls..when u were his age ..did you v such achievements?

February 14, 2011 at 4:44 am | Report abuse |
    • iluvskittles83

Dag....that was messed up.

February 14, 2011 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  38. DEADMAU5

I AM NOT A FAN OF BIEBER NEVER LIKED HIM BUT I AM A FAN OF USHER

February 14, 2011 at 1:41 am | Report abuse |
  39. Mike H.

Surely the handlers of Justin Beiber – Usher included – know they are working with a very short shelf life.... Beiber's fan base is tween girls...not exactly the type to stick with you as they grow up, and then another teen boy pop sensation will come around and Beiber will fade away.

February 14, 2011 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
    • iluvskittles83

That's not true actually. The same teens (now grown) that followed N'Sync are fans of Justin Timberlake.

February 14, 2011 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  40. Its All About MUSIC

I like OMG and Never Say Never but i only like Jaydens part

February 13, 2011 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Bob

Is it true that Justin Bieber is a religious freak? Scary ...

February 13, 2011 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Sean

Let me first state that I am NOT a big fan of Justin Bieber or his music. With that said, I'd like to challenge the CNN commenters to come up with something a little bit more original that calling the kid "a tool", "gay", "a f****t", etc. It's almost pathetic when a group of seemingly educated adults have to resort to bashing and hating on a 16-year-old kid. Just sayin...

February 13, 2011 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • tjc360

no doubt...

February 14, 2011 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
    • WRONG!

How could you look at that thing above, "the picture" and not call him those names, you know its true. The kid only became who he is because of his mom blowing her way up there for him

February 14, 2011 at 6:23 am | Report abuse |
    • iluvskittles83

I most definitely agree with you on that. I think they really like and just don't wanna admit it.

February 14, 2011 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
    • ~T

Really.... For all to bash this kid because he has achieved what he wanted. Try not to be so jealous, get off your duff and do something worthwhile... At 30 something, I wish my kid could pull off something that netted him millions in his teen yrs!

February 14, 2011 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Jus Sayin

Well, WRONG!, If you mom blew more than just the losers at the local bar, she'd probably have made sumthin out of u rather u turning out to be just a loser commenter on cnn talking BS about a kid........a mother's love.

February 14, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
    • @ Sean

What makes you think a lot of these commenters are educated adults?

February 14, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  43. D

I don't got the Bieber fever-thank goodness!

February 13, 2011 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Sparky45

Bieber... LMFAO. Nothing more to be said.

February 13, 2011 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |