Lady Gaga performs 'Born This Way'
February 13th, 2011

Lady Gaga performs 'Born This Way'

The ginormous Lady Gaga-containing egg that caused such a stir on the Grammys red carpet "hatched" - sort of - on stage following the Aretha Franklin tribute.

The orb opened up to reveal Lady Gaga clad in a gold skirt and bandeau, who then assured her audience that they were "Born This Way" - and thus began her first performance of the track, which debuted Friday.

With dancers in flowing tunics backing up her moves, Gaga powered her way through the song, making sure to whip her tall ponytail around a few times. She also showed off her skill on the keys, taking to the piano towards the end of the set.

Was the performance what you hoped it would be?

Filed under: Awards Season • Grammys

1. 2011 Model

i love lady gaga

February 14, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Turn it up to 11

I am a Lady Gaga fan (not a little monster or whatever), but that song she performed was basically Madonna's 'Express Yourself' mashed up with 'Vogue' – not very original (and possibly plagiarism)
    ......and the egg thing? Did she never see Spinal Tap???

February 14, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Superhiro

It's a shame that all this nonsense she does for attention doesn't actually make her songs sound any better. It seems to me that Gaga puts way more effort into "being weird" than she does into making music.

February 14, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • M

It's so true. Think about it "The Fame", "Fame Monster"; she only does all this over-the-top stuff to keep herself in the press. Is it too hard to believe that all she cares about is being famous?

February 14, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Vic

Overrated.

February 14, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Brock

I loved it, Gaga was in the womb to signify her birthing of a new race of people who are free of judgement and hate. And considering such a harsh and judgmental world we live in- I will buy this message.

As a gaga fan, i must say- i dont think an egg is necessary, but it made a statement; and if that statement is a message of positivity and self love than GOOD FOR HER-

February 14, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Nighthhaaawk

" a new race of people who are free of judgement and hate" – good luck with that! Do you even read the post of any blog ?? All it is is judgement and hate!

February 14, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Superhiro

Sounds to me like Gaga has already peaked. It's all downhill from here Lady.

February 14, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  7. TARYNE

WHAT CAME 1ST? THE CHICKEN OR LADY GAGA?

February 14, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  8. Jackie

Madonna wishes she was Lady Gaga.

February 14, 2011 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  9. Kelli

Born what way? Lady Gaga, are you telling us you were born Madonna?

February 14, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Suade

You can criticize all you want about her performance, but at the end of the day, it's her and not you that is on that stage and creating all these crazy getups. As a die hard fan I admit that sometimes it's a little much, but at least she's doing it. I'll take it back the next time I see you pop out of an egg or wear a meat dress on live television.

February 14, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Chris

This was weak, I thought her act/music was much better 20 years ago, oh wait a minute I thought this was Madonna.

February 14, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  11. Sydni Jay

I LOVED IT! Gaga can pop out of an egg any day.... I love the song and thought the performance was incredible. You've gotta get credit to the amazing dance number!

February 14, 2011 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  12. x

The song and the performance sucked. I don't care that she popped out of an egg, played the piano, and had horns sticking out from her shoulders, all the theatrics and antics that she pulled off doesn't change the fact that it's a weak song, a madonna knock-off, plain and simple. The song as well as the performance was all hype, she just didn't deliver.

February 14, 2011 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  13. Britney Spears

She is a Yolk!!!

February 14, 2011 at 6:24 am | Report abuse |
  14. HONEY

What will be Lady Gaga's next EGG-cellent idea?

February 14, 2011 at 3:30 am | Report abuse |
  15. Bob Ray

What's old is new again and no one understands that better than Madonna. History repeats itself – as we all know – and we're watching and listening to it. That's show business and it's showing us a rerun. So what else is new? Good song but I've heard that one before ...

February 14, 2011 at 1:58 am | Report abuse |
  16. D

I still haven't heard that new song yet!

February 13, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Beautiful Vixen

Lol !

February 13, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  18. D

Cool, I got 1st post...hehe

February 13, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Donna

Something about it grossed me out. Sounded like a Madonna song too. Oh well who cares.

February 13, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Magagadonnafan

Gaga was her usual totally awesome self!!

February 13, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Northstop

Was it just me or was Lady Gaga's new song sound like a Madonna mash-up?

February 13, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  22. D

I want to see the Alien come out!!

February 13, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |