Jordin Sparks: I'd love to work with Chris Brown again
February 13th, 2011

Jordin Sparks: I'd love to work with Chris Brown again

Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown teamed up for the hit duet, "No Air," back in 2008, and Sparks said on the Grammys red carpet that she's down for another collaboration.

"I love Chris, I think he’s amazing. He was such a gentleman, he was bouncing off the walls," Sparks said of her time working with the artist, who's nominated for three Grammys. Two years ago, both Brown and his then-girlfriend Rihanna were absent from the awards ceremony, as early that Sunday morning Brown had assaulted the Barbadian singer. The R&B singer was later sentenced to five years of probation, 180 days of community service and domestic violence counseling.

"I know people are very critical, but I think he’s really tyring and he’s getting there. He’s doing things that he says he’s going to do," Sparks added. "I think everyone deserves second chances. I’d love to work with him again."

As for the new season of "American Idol," Sparks, herself an "Idol" alum, said she's "pleasantly surprised" at how well the changes have worked.

"I love Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez – she was a mentor on my season so I felt it was a perfect mix and a perfect fit. Steven says the most hilarious things, he’s so funny. I’m excited to see what Jimmy Iovine will bring on the artist development side of it."

It's been four years since Sparks nailed the win on her season, but Sparks said she's still riding the wave.

"I’m consistently busy," she told CNN. "Even if I’m not being seen, I’m behind the scenes. ['Idol'] will always be a huge part of my life.

Filed under: Awards Season • Grammys • Music

1. Angie3

So she do like him!

October 12, 2012 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Terri

Well we know he cheated on her, so if she did cheat on him, what cause did he have to get mad? Btw, you don't get a pass on kicking someone's ass because they cheated on you.

February 20, 2011 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  3. jan

I a good idea but it probable wont get same kind act before !!!!!!! that all I say on that with him do what you will.

February 18, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  4. jan

I a good idea but it probable wont get same kind act before !!!!!!! that all I say on that with him do you will....

February 18, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  5. MICK

U bETTER SUT THE f*** UP U NO WHY BECAUSE RHIANNA i A f******* B****

February 16, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  6. ashley

u no that chris brown isnt really a bad guy he actually beAT THE CRAP OUT OF HER BECAUSE MAYBE SHE CHEATED ON HIM

February 16, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  7. Good Googlee Mooglee

Good one and maybe Chris will take a butter knife to ms sparks and cut off her head. She obviously doesnt use it.

February 15, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  8. km

No way, Chris Brown would become her Kevin Federline, think K-Fed for a moment, he impregnate Britney twice that lead her to meltdown.

February 15, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  9. 2011 Model

thanks

February 14, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  10. derp

"I love Chris, I think he’s amazing. He was such a gentleman"

Rhianna thought he was a gentleman too, then he beat the crap out of her.

February 14, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Tyler

I'm glad he's really "tyring."

Nice editing job, guys.

February 14, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  12. RonG.

Sorry Jordin, just say no to Chris Brown. I didn't watch SNL this week because he was on (my own personal boycott). And Jordin please, for goodness sake, hire a stylist to dress you. Both your Grammy dresses bombed. No offense, but you are not dressing appropriately for a girl your size. The red dress was especially tragic.

February 14, 2011 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  13. LOLA

Chris Brown was fantastic on SNL as a musical guest this past Sat. Jordon & Chris should team up again for another hit song.

February 14, 2011 at 6:18 am | Report abuse |
  14. ellis

forgiveness bears richer fruit than strict vengeance – ABY LINCOLN

February 14, 2011 at 4:40 am | Report abuse |
  15. DEADMAU5

I THINK CHRIS BROWN AND JORDAN SPARKS WOULD MAKE A GOOD COUPLE BUT RIHANNIA IS ANNOYIN ITS JUS HER VOICE

February 14, 2011 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  16. Keesha

I'm glad that she is a forgiving person. She seems very sweet and I would love for her and Chris to make more music together.

February 13, 2011 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Beautiful Vixen

Yes I agree he should get a second chance. I do hope he changed his ways and continues to work on whatever it is that drives him into the raging Hulk.

February 13, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |