Tupac Shakur biopic to film this spring
February 11th, 2011

Tupac Shakur biopic to film this spring

The life of late rapper Tupac Shakur is getting the big-screen treatment, with a biopic set to begin filming in the late spring/early summer, it was announced Thursday.

According to a statement from Morgan Creek Productions, "The film chronicles the life and legacy of Tupac Shakur, including his rise to superstardom as a hip hop artist and actor, as well as his imprisonment and prolific, controversial time at Death Row Records, where he was steeped in the East Coast/West Coast rap war."

The movie is currently being cast, and Shakur's mom, executive producer Afeni Shakur-Davis, has no doubt the story will paint an honest portrait of her son, who was shot to death in 1996.

“I am confident that Morgan Creek will stay true to the common goal we share of depicting Tupac’s life in a way that will allow the world to see the authenticity of his artistry, his hopes, and his life goals,“ she said.

This of course begs the obvious question: Who should play Tupac?

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • movies • Music

1. Cisco Interfaces

It is the best time to make a few plans for the longer term and it's time to be happy. I have read this post and if I may I desire to suggest you some fascinating issues or suggestions. Maybe you can write subsequent articles regarding this article. I want to learn even more issues about it!

June 18, 2012 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  2. kurageart,vanguard animation and digital art

I have learn a few just right stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you set to create any such magnificent informative web site.

April 24, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  3. Richard940

I think TI should be given a chance to play Tupac in this film

September 28, 2011 at 2:08 am | Report abuse |
  4. wirelle tv speakers

An remarkable reveal, I merely with all this onto a coworker who had previously been conducting a minor investigation about this. And the man actually bought myself breakfast time since I found it pertaining to your pet.. smile. Consequently i want to reword in which: Thnx for that deal with! Yet sure Thnkx regarding investing the time to talk about this, Personally i think highly over it along with adore looking at more about this subject. If possible, as you become experience, can you head upgrading your blog post with an increase of details? It really is very helpful for me. Large browse way up because of this blog post!

September 13, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  5. Kurt Williams

I am actually an actor, I have been told to audition for this film! I have a very uncanny resemblance to Tupac Shakur and I sound like him I've been told!

May 1, 2011 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Velie402

February 18, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Velie 402

I am not seeing where the auditions are...could some one help me out. Would love to land this role. I feel I'm best at it.

February 18, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Richard Garcia

God Bless you all who read this, please read my articles on Google: Richard Garcia Tupac Shakur
    I hit three different newspapers (Jersey Journal 6/7/10/Hudson Reporter7/11/10 and 8/22/10) about this movie deal for the 2pac Shakur movie out 2011 on Google.
    Google: Richard Garcia Tupac Shakur
    Also go to Youtube.com (must use capital letters)
    TUPAC AUDITION RICH GARCIA cell So you can all see my performance Dec.16th in Newark, N.J.

Auditions for the TUPAC SHAKUR MOVIE will start the end of the (FEB 2011) month. YOU the general public will be the judges to vote for the best Tupac Shakur for the movie. God Bless and good luck to all of you going for the audition. You the people must register at skee.tv to vote:

SOHH.com: God willing I will love to get a chance ...
    community.sohh.com
    God willing I will love to get a chance for the audition of Tupac Shakur. I have been patiently waiting for this opportunity to arise for 15 years and all my faith is in God to allow me the chance to breath life back into Tupac Shakur for this film. God willing everything will fall in to place

February 18, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Velie 402

I see you my dude. I wish you luck sincerely. I too am going for the part. I think it's highly respectful of you to pursue this for so long with as much passion and perseverance as you have. My wish is who ever lands this part has just as much respect and love in his heart for Tupac as you. Good Luck In All You Do

February 18, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  9. tas.

at the end of the day it's still gonna come out regardless what people say, negative or positive, it's funny how ppl don't take the time to see what he was actually about, he was so much more than just rap music. i mean it's kinda like if they were to make a movie for john lennon and and i'd ignorantly call him a dumb hippie who got shot, like c'mon man.

February 16, 2011 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lennon vs 2pac

@ tas...you comment is apples and oranges you stupid mother phucker. Lennon was gunned down while turning to speak with a supposed fan. 2pac is just another piece of shyt from the ghetto that got what was coming his way.

February 18, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  10. Guns

The best part of the movie will be watching him get gunned down.

February 15, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  11. J

hey danny you obviously don't know anything..true what you said about eminem.but he's still a lyrical genious... Pac was not a fake gangster at all. He may have been a nut.but he was a genious at the same time..much more what you would ever be.stop hatin..cause other then you and idiot biggie fans.everyone in america does not agree with any of the idiotic things you just said

February 15, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Danny

Really???? this guy was a militant black christian religious confused nut! and other than that a real plastic gangster! he rapped and made less than everyone round him! no wonder black america is run like fools, and white america give the first white guy to rap awards on awards (eminem) what started out as street poetry and meaning, ended up being some juvenile playground gangsters acting like they made it like colombias gangsters but singing and dancing like glee on pot!

February 15, 2011 at 4:17 am | Report abuse |
  13. kaye

my man....the best rapper of all time ,,,,,(bow) !!!!!

February 15, 2011 at 4:04 am | Report abuse |
  14. go go

Three wordz... best rapper ever. irreplaceable...

February 14, 2011 at 3:11 am | Report abuse |
  15. marilyn in california

What's up with all the rude comments? A real-life man was assassinated & has a mother & others still grieving. From someone who knows there were many good things to come from him to all people. What a loss.

February 13, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  16. The Natural

Follow @naturalhiphop on Twitter!!

February 13, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  17. billy nyaku

I will b watching the opening of the movie with tupac himself,laughing and smoking weed.

February 12, 2011 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  18. California-girl82

I can't wait to go see this movie. I'm a big 2Pac fan to the heart i have his face tattoo on my left arm.

February 12, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Victor

I hope they don't romantasize his thug image or his gang ties. He was a pioneering rapper, true, but he also made some questionable choices that helped lead to his dowwnfall.

Don't turn him into a hero. Make the movie real and show all the bad along with the good.

February 11, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  20. john jones

As long as Anthony Mackie doesn't play him again ,I'm cool. I don't know who has enough swagger to pull it off ,but momma Shakur wont let just anybody, no matter how much star power he has, to take over the role of one of rap's greatest word warrior's. I'll be there for the openning night though.

February 11, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  21. derp

Let me guess how it ends, another stupid ghetto thug get his azz all shot up.

February 11, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Butt bullet

At the different screenings around the Country I wonder how many total killings there will be?

February 11, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Superhiro

With this whole Willow Smith as Annie thing, why not Justin Timberlake as Tupac? With Ashton Kutcher as Snoop Dogg?

February 11, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • TRUTH

Your comment would be funny except for one small detail....Annie was not a real person; Tupac and Snoop are....

February 11, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Velie 402

@Truth you are the TRUTH I'm in tears over here from laughter

February 18, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  24. 20sBurning

I think I am going to try out for the part of 2pac...

February 11, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Justin Bieber

What a sad story...I wish Tupac was still alive so he could bust his cap in my ASS!

February 11, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  26. SarahC33

Boubacar Barry!

February 11, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Anita Dick

You mean we will get to see Tupak Shaker get shot all over again? ALRIGHT! Im there!

February 11, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • back-at-ya'

@dick – your name perfectly describes your intellect!

February 11, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Velie402

I hope someday soon you are held accountable for your ignorance. You can say what you like but I promise you it all comes back to you the way give it to others. I don't care what GOD you serve that's the law of the universe. #catch up to 2011

February 18, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tupac4ever

Maybe you'll get shot... just saying

April 26, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |