Lady Gaga tops Billboard's money makers
February 11th, 2011

Lady Gaga tops Billboard's money makers

Lady Gaga continues to rack up the distinctions.

The entertainer will  top the charts in the upcoming "Money Makers Issue" from Billboard. The magazine looked at the acts who generated the most income in 2010.

According to the publication, Gaga made $30,556,342 followed by Bon Jovi, Roger Waters, Dave Matthews Band and Justin Bieber.

"The pop singer, only a few years removed from her original hair color and shows at small downtown New York venues, so thoroughly dominated the last year that it seemed almost a foregone conclusion that she would top the Money Makers list," Billboard said. "There was her tour, which grossed $70.4 million and netted her about $23.8 million. "

And that's not all.

"Then there were the eye-popping sales of her music, helped by buzz-generating videos for 'Telephone' and 'Alejandro,'" Billboard also said. "Gaga moved nearly 12 million digital tracks in 2010, along with 2.6 million units of 2008 album 'The Fame' and 2009 follow-up 'The Fame Monster,' of which 554,000 were digital downloads. All of those sales at retail netted her more than $5.7 million in royalties."

Billboard pointed out that in years past the Money Makers rankings were based on U.S. recorded-music sales, other U.S. revenue sources and worldwide touring data.

For consistency's sake, this year’s list is based solely on U.S. earnings which is which explains why some acts like U2, AC/DC and Metallica, which spent much of 2010 touring international markets, aren’t included in this year's ranking.

1. Demanding is not the answer...i would not do that....the old timers say if the girl does not want too do it ...she doesn't want too do it

July 5, 2013 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  2. They are just not interested in each other....the talk and talk and talk and daz about it...

July 5, 2013 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  3. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

nuff said

July 5, 2013 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  4. Lean Woznicki

Smoking increases the risk of developing gastric cancer significantly, from 40% increased risk for current smokers to 82% increase for heavy smokers. Gastric cancers due to smoking mostly occur in the upper part of the stomach near the esophagus[.;,'^

With kind regards
    <http://www.wellnessdigest.co/index.php

July 5, 2013 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  5. Chris Hetzelt (-Pretzel.)

Hey, What's Up ! This Blog is for Lady Gaga....It's Chris Hetzelt....

(-Pretzel.) I thought I would Blog again because I heard about your

Release on Easter...Hop, hop ! I will never forget you saying at the

Grammy's; "This is for God and the Gays !"...and I can't forget hearing

your song, Bad Romance, over and over..and over at that time when I was

pacing in my room,(kinda dancin'.) Thinking through my Copper Heat

Conduction Theory to Resist HIV, (and other Retroviruses.) So Rock On...

Ready for the Laundry List ? O.K. Chris Hetzelt,(-Pretzel.) – My Nine

Medical Theories for Stopping; AIDS, Breast Cancer, Ovarian Cancer,

Heart Disease, Leukemia, Lung Cancer, Pancreatic Cancer, Stomach Cancer,

and Colon Cancer...Um, I guess that's bragging..I want to be, well it

definitely feels good, to help and care about People – Later !

April 19, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Chris Hetzelt - Pretzel

Ahhh, What's Happy ? Well, it's amazing, I can find it inside, it's shy

This is Chris Hetzelt,(-Pretzel.) blogging Lady Gaga. My goal at the

beginning was to slam shut AIDS, resistance of Retroviruses by My

Copper Heat Conduction Theory...they can't deny it or they would of

by now...and now I have 8 other Medical Theories. And more crazy,

I ask for money when I blog Ted Turner and Barack Obama, when I

describe My Discoveries. Am I only famous to myself ? Ahhh, um

I realize that there is "Loop of People, Who are in the Know about,

My Medical Theories." I ask for a check to be mailed to Chris Hetzelt

I say I'm at; New Hampshire Hospital. APS Bldg. Unit-G. 36 Clinton St.

Concord, N.H. 03301. Well, I realize this sounds freakish...I started

Blogging in October. My Theories are about Ending; Breast Cancer, AIDS

Ovarian Cancer, Heart Disease, Leukemia, Lung Cancer, and Pancreatic

Cancer, -Tall order, yes! And I desperately pan handle for coffee $$.

Yes I have dreams and living it up can be possible and positive.

Thank You Lady Gaga, from Chris Hetzelt (-Pretzel.) Yo Out !!

February 18, 2011 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  7. D

I still haven't heard Gaga's new song 'born this way'

February 13, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  8. The Natural

Follow @naturalhiphop on Twitter!!

February 13, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jeff

I find it so funny that the negative posters of Gaga are not on any money making, generating lists themselves. She clearly must have some talent and ability in orger to make the kind of money she does. No matter what you think of her looks etc... She generates cash flow. Give her credit for that will ya...
    FYI, next time you watch Brittney, or Christina sing, see if they write their own music, play an instrument or what have you. Have you ever seen Gaga on the piano? Listen to her then judge. I'm a Little Monster!!!!

February 13, 2011 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  10. Greatwhite

More meat dress.

February 12, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Klause

lady caca packs whole rumproasts in her brownknot and slowcooks them.

February 12, 2011 at 2:37 am | Report abuse |
  12. Beautiful Vixen

I'm sure if she started dressing normal and fix herself up she won't come off as being so strange and ugly like some people say. Seriously who wears meat and think they look and smells good in it?

February 11, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • windrider2

Her philosophy is "I'd rather look interesting than pretty." There's a carefully designed reason behind every ensemble & makeup style she wears, and it almost always involves a commentary about pop culture. That you can't see them is poor eyesight. And as far as the ridicule, "You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same." She's right. On both counts.

February 12, 2011 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
  13. D

That's one funny lookin dude

February 11, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Superhiro

Man... the things people would rather have than money...

February 11, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Packing Union

Her face looks like a lady's private parts.

February 11, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Packing Union

She is so ugly she made me barf my cheerios.

February 11, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andy

I'm sure thats the reaction people have to your face all the time.

February 12, 2011 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |