Jennifer Hudson to Oprah: I've lost 80 pounds
February 10th, 2011

Jennifer Hudson to Oprah: I've lost 80 pounds

On Thursday, singer Jennifer Hudson was absolutely bursting to tell Oprah Winfrey and her studio audience how much weight she has lost on Weight Watchers.

Her Weight Watchers leader Liz, however, was less enthusiastic. It seems she didn't want people to get caught up on the number of pounds as much as the need to change bad habits.

But after some discussion – and Hudson bouncing in her seat and saying "I want to tell it!" – she revealed the magic number.

"I've lost 80 pounds," she told Winfrey before the talk show host and some members of the audience gave her a standing ovation.

Resplendent in a gray dress and heels, Hudson told Winfrey she is still adjusting to her new body.

"It's like a brand new me," she said. "Sometimes I don't even recognize myself."

Hudson said she made the decision to lose the weight while she was pregnant with her now 2-year-old son, and she eventually went from a size 16 to a size 6.

The singer, who told Winfrey that she prepares all of her own food, allowed the show's cameras to follow her to a gym where she played basketball with a cousin, jumped double dutch and ran on the treadmill as part of her workout.

Dozens of Hudson's family and friends in Chicago, Indiana and Mississippi joined her on her weight loss journey, and Winfrey revealed that collectively the group had lost 1,935 pounds.

Hudson also spoke tearfully a bit about the tragedy that occurred more than two years ago when her mother, brother and young nephew were murdered. She said she was able to survive that loss with the help of "my family, my baby and God."

"The only thing I can do to honor their memory is to make them proud," Hudson said.

More tears flowed when Winfrey brought out fashion guru Tim Gunn to give three of Hudson's cousins who have also lost weight on Weight Watchers a makeover. (Gunn is a fashion consultant for the weight loss organization.)

And since it wouldn't be an "Oprah" show without a free giveaway, Winfrey announced that every audience member would receive three, free one-year memberships to Weight Watchers - one for the audience member and two for friends of their choice.

Hudson also performed her new single, "Where You At," from her forthcoming album.

1. moncler 激安

Jennifer Hudson to Oprah: I've lost 80 pounds – The Marquee Blog – CNN.com Blogs moncler 激安 http://www.monclerdown.cc/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=518

November 29, 2013 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  2. jj

I cannot help it, but this commercial is back and I'm again losing weight by running for the remote so indeed Jhud has the POWER to make me lose weight. First off, this girl never came off right to me, even from AI I could not stand that huge and annoying voice. She won the Academy Award on a fluke because hollywood wanted to give those loser producers and directors big claims to Movie-tizing (new word) Dream Girls. As a result, this is a very unattractive girl that went all the way to Hollywood to be a Baby Mama. I do not like her, her singing, acting or disposition. Nough said, okay?

June 11, 2013 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  3. overcoming

I am curious along with thinking about what you are talking about here. overcoming http://myselfhelp.org/

April 9, 2013 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
  4. Ebba, fettabbau

Woah this weblog is magnificent i really like studying your articles. Keep up the good paintings! You realize, lots of individuals are looking around for this info, you can help them greatly.

December 20, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  5. how can i lose weight naturally

Wonderful,it's a lovely article.

September 27, 2012 at 5:14 am | Report abuse |
  6. Paleo Diet

Good website. Thank a lot for posting that. I will definitely return again to find out more and tell my people about this website

September 25, 2012 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  7. what do i do to lose weight fast

check out this, what do i do to lose weight fast.

September 17, 2012 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Aril Keej

I will right away take hold of your rss as I can't to find your e-mail subscription link or e-newsletter service. Do you have any? Kindly permit me know in order that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

July 30, 2012 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  9. www.raspberryketoneshealth.com

Wonderful beat ! I would like to apprentice whilst you amend your web site, how can i subscribe for a weblog web site? The account aided me a appropriate deal. I have been a little bit familiar of this your broadcast provided vivid transparent concept

July 28, 2012 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sundance Vacations

Terrific work! That is the type of information that are meant to be shared around the net. Disgrace on Google for no longer positioning this publish upper! Come on over and consult with my site . Thanks =)

June 2, 2012 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  11. jennifer hudson lost weight

hello there and thanks to your info ? I've definitely picked up anything new from proper here. I did on the other hand experience several technical issues using this web site, as I skilled to reload the site a lot of instances prior to I may just get it to load correctly. I had been considering in case your hosting is OK? Now not that I am complaining, however sluggish loading instances times will sometimes impact your placement in google and could damage your quality ranking if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my email and could glance out for much more of your respective exciting content. Ensure that you replace this once more soon..

May 3, 2012 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  12. bar stools

Thank you for another wonderful article. The place else could anyone get that type of information in such a perfect means of writing? I've a presentation next week, and I'm at the look for such information.

April 23, 2012 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Business,news,loose weight,exercise for weight loss,new weight loss,running for weight loss,weight loss after pregnancy,weight loss management,weight loss stories,center for medical weight loss,guaranteed weight loss,calories for weight loss,pcos weight l

Thanks , I have recently been searching for info about this subject for a long time and yours is the best I have discovered so far. But, what in regards to the bottom line? Are you positive about the source?|What i don't realize is in fact how you're not actually much more smartly-liked than you might be right now. You are so intelligent.

April 5, 2012 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  14. Eliz Crinklaw

Camarillo carpet cleaning Thanks a lot to get a few great tips. My spouse and i enjoy reading more about this issue later on. Maintain the excellent operate! This web site will likely be fantastic reference and that i adore reading through this.

December 8, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Samella Leicher

Can anyone help me?I've installed the game and all and it works, but once I get past the intro movie in the part where the view of the MC shifts to the ceiling of his room the game stops the crashes.

December 6, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  16. Linsey Starlin

Can I just say what a aid to search out somebody who really is aware of what theyre speaking about on the internet. You undoubted know easy methods to bring a problem to mild and make it important. Extra people need to read this and perceive this facet of the story. I cant believe youre not more well-liked because you definitely have the gift.Regards Josef

November 24, 2011 at 3:40 am | Report abuse |
  17. Mech

When are they going to remove the COW from the advert, SHE CANT SING.
    Fed up with the constant badgering of this stupid advert, ready to shoot the COW.

July 31, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  18. LOL

I have not witnessed this much unrestrained ignorance in a very long time. If you do not like the person or subject at hand, why waste time blogging about it. I read this article because I like Jennifer Hudson. I would never spend time reading, let alone commenting on an article or person that did not interest me. I hope you people spend this much time on real issues. Jennifer Hudson looks good and I think she has handled the tragedies that have befallen her lately very well.

June 13, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Enough

Enough with the insults to overweight people. Do you honestly think anyone in this country really wants to live with the shame that comes with being overweight? Say what you want, but empirical evidence (and common sense) shows that there are genetic, medical, and psychological issues at work which make it extremely difficult for people to lose the weight they want to lose. Yes, of course many people are able to work their a** off and overcome these obstacles, but it's one hell of a battle. Of course everyone knows eating healthier and exercising is the way to lose weight. It's too easy for the genetically blessed to throw that un-empathetic "advice" out there while sticking their noses up in the air. Show a little compassion, my god...

March 22, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Lisa Marie

I CAN'T GET TO MY REMOTE FAST ENOUGH WHEN THAT WEIGHT WATCHER COMMERCIAL WITH HER IN IT COMES ON. All the other celebrities who follow the W.W.'s diet successfully and do their advertisement for them do it for the results they got from doing the Program. JENNIFER HUDSON DOES IT TO ADVERTISE HER SINGING. TOTALLY SELF-CENTERED, STUCK ON HERSELF B!T$H!!! };={] (What does Oprah's hair have to do at all with this article???)

February 28, 2011 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
  21. Just me*

J Hudson has come so far, and been through so much in life. I admire her strength and determination. She is an inspiration to all!

February 27, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  22. kitwana willamson

I am so proud of ms. Hudson...I would love to produce a don't on her next album.. Ms. Hudson has a wonderful voice and spirit...classy

February 26, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Sara

I miss her when she was more curvaceous to be honest– now she kind of just looks like everyone else. Oh well.

February 24, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Kathryn

A couple generations ago there were a lot less morbidly obese people. It just makes me laugh when they talk about "fat genes" or someone says they're fat because it's genetic. Wake up, people- American genes did not mutate that fast, the obesity epidemic is caused by lazy people eating too much of the wrong foods and that's why we are the fattest people on the planet! I just want to slap the "I've tried everything and I just can't lose weight" people. While it is true people have different matabolisms and do not lose at the same rate, a proper sensible low calorie healthy diet and exercise program will produce weight loss IF ADHERED TO. My fat cousin will tell you Weight Watchers did not work for him. He is right, he was on it for a whole ten days, cheated with junk food snacks and did not exercise. Yeah, right, it didn't work- DUH! He will tell you nothing worked, but he has never actually tried cutting calories, eating healthy and getting daily exercise. Yeah, his whole family is obese, they all eat crap and sit on the couch. Gaining weight is easy, losing it is hard work, but you have to get up off your fat lazy ass to do it. For it to stick, you have to educate yourself and make changes for the rest of your life.

Oprah makes me sick. Remember when she came out in painted on jeans with her wheelbarrow of blubber she lost (on a liquid diet and what did that cost) and pretended to be an "expert" on weight loss? Her wieght loss books (OK, so someone else really wrote them and she put her name on them for money) like, maybe she should have read some of them??? Yeah, you see how that worked out for her, the queen of yo yo dieting. The worst part is so many people think Oprah is so great and now she has basically said she "accepts" how fat she is (so they do too) like that is healthy? If I had a dollar for every pound Oprah has lost and regained, I'd be richer than Oprah!

February 18, 2011 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  25. AHH HAHHAAAA!!!

Black folk cant stand criticism cuz day all perfic.

February 17, 2011 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  26. Jenny Hudson

Yea Opa Ize got strech marks all ova my blackAss juz like u.

February 15, 2011 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
  27. Meredith

Jennifer is an AMAZING singer. She's brought me to tears a number of times with her passionate performances. She looks amazing, clearly feels amazing, and we should all be congratulating...not hating! Go J-Hud, girl! With your bad self!

February 14, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
    • guest286

I do not like her singing at all, but it does not mean she is bad, just that she in not my cup of tea. I do applaud her weight loss w/o surgery and hope she inspires others to do the same. Nobody is born morbidly obese, we make ourselves that way by how we live our lives. There are twice as many obese ppl as there were 30 years ago- that is not genes or some mystery disease or anything else, it is just a poor diet and lifesyle.

I can't stand Oprah either- I think that big lump on the back of her head is her ego LOL.

February 20, 2011 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  28. The Average US Woman's Clothes Size is 12 & 14

To poster Jennifer who said,that a size 12 in miss size clothing,is entirely fat unless you are Very Tall, is totally ignorant and untrue! I'm 5'4 and a half,and I wear a size 12,but I only look somewhat overweight for my height! My face is thin,and I don't have what fat obese people have,a big fat noticable stomach,or big fat arms,legs or backside. The average height of American women is 5'3 and half and the average weight is 162.

I had been thin all of my life until at the age of 34 I was overweight and had to go on a diet for the first time in my life. Before that I did no dieting at all,ate a lot of cookies,cake,etc (I always also ate fruits and vegtables too it's just that back then I could eat all of the other fattening things,do no excercise at all not even walking,and dranl sugar soda,ate regular bread,ate regular mayonnaise and could put it on my sandwiches thick,and as many regular potatoe chips as I wanted,and was still looking thin,at a size 8.

Now,I only eat 2 low-fat low-calorie meals a day,only drink diet drinks,and eat low-fat mayonnaise,diet bread,low-fat or fat free salad dressings,and use cooking sray not oil.I rarely eat any meat either,it's just usually only one boneless skinless chicken breast. I don't do much exercise though,I take long walks only sometimes.I lost about 20 pounds and 2 pant sizes 8 years ago,by only eating 2 low-fat low-calorie meals a day,only drinking diet drinks and only rarely cheating after 5 months without cheating,and I took long walks 4 times a week,and I did this for over a year,but all I could get down to was a size 12,I couldn't even get to a 10 and I weighed 143-145 because it goes up and down.I have gained some of my weight back,but not as much as I had when I went on the diet for the first time.

I see and meet so many young women in their late teens and early 20's who are obese,with real big fat stomachs,chubby faces,and big fat arms and legs,and I should have been this way when I was thin and eating almost anything I wanted with no excercise at all,and I'm really glad I'm not big and fat now! My internist and an endocrinologist said to me,that my metabolism slowed down,and that most people's does as they get older.My internist said,she can't tell me how many countless patients she's had who were thin when they were younger,and now they are overweight.

February 14, 2011 at 1:43 am | Report abuse |
    • The Average US Woman's Clothing Size Is 12 & 14

I just noticed I made a few typing mistakes. I also want to mention that out of the many young obese women I have met, 2 of them were working in Walmart as a portrait photographers,and one was only 21 and the other was only 23,and they both had pretty faces,but the had big fat stomachs,arms and legs and their faces were kind of chubby too. There was a 19 year old manager of a CVS store who was really fat,and others like them I've met.

My mother was also thin all during her 20's,and she became very overweight starting into her mid late 30's all through her 40's. I asked my father if she ate a lot,and he said she didn't eat a lot.And I never saw her eat big breakfasts or dinners either.But she was more weight than me and was 2 and half inches shorter at only 52.

February 14, 2011 at 1:57 am | Report abuse |
  29. Name*Brittany

Congrats to you Jhud. You look and sound wonderful! Jealous people will always hate on the success of others. Its the nature of the game.

February 11, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  30. joe

BFD! I'll say it again. BFD! If she really wants to make an impression, do something good for someone. She's sitting on a pile of cash, make a mark that way by doing something good with it. Going on that diet plan cost her $0... everything was given to her for her endorsement. The fact that she had to go on the over-rated oprah show to say what she did only proves she's crying out for attention. I don't care if she's 10 pounds or 1000, the fact that she lost weigh does not impress. Maybe she'll loose enough weight to completely disappear.

February 11, 2011 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  31. Whitney Houston

Bobbeehhh...HEY BOBBEH. Chek it ow. Opuh reach ova to Jinny and jinny pul bak an say Un UH Opuh, don be pullin on my finga...AAAHH HAHHAAA....dat gurl crazuh yo. Hey Bobbeh I tell Diane "CRACK IS WHACK" oh law she beleeve muh. oH SHYT I need 2 git high!

February 11, 2011 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  32. Pegleg

80 pounds is an awesome accomplishment!

February 11, 2011 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  33. A

Jennifer Hudson is a great singer. Seriously, anyone who says that she sucks needs to get their ears checked. Jennifer Hudson got cheated on American Idol. So anyone who says that she is ugly or fat needs to take a long hard look in the miror

February 11, 2011 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  34. Dont hate duh playa

Yall balls out crazzeee. Jinns hubstuh b werk as a walmaht stock boyz...YO. He hep me pix undaway out de ova night. PIECE!!

February 11, 2011 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  35. MushMouth

I buh bebev buh opa bab buh a horse buh hair on buh huh head buh.

February 11, 2011 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  36. ny bill

I give her six months and the fat will return look at oprah. Going tru life fat and ugly what a bad combo and add bad hair weave not good.

February 11, 2011 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
  37. Dee

There's no way she is a size 6. A 10, 12 perhaps. She apparently has a warped mirror at home...not to mention an oversized ego. When she gains it back (and yeah, she will) I can bet you her sense of normalcy will return two fold. (or depending on how much weight she gains, 3 or 4 folds, haha)

February 11, 2011 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
  38. L-Bird

This is to Miss STANG....if you are so Fiiinnnee... post your pic. so we can judge you..ok!!!!

February 11, 2011 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Stang

At Lard-Bird. SHED-UP. Jenn needs singing lessons. On the WW commercial "its a new day its a new way" she misses the notes. If you dont hear then you are deaf and STUPID. KMA, FATTY

February 11, 2011 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  39. Gayle

She Skant. OPA, GIT YO BIG BEHIND OVA HERE.

February 11, 2011 at 7:55 am | Report abuse |
  40. Sammy So So

If they anyfing I no it women. She eat too many bean burrito and sour cream. She need workout with Sammy. I work her out in bed all night, stuff her full of jelly donuts and troh her in cab. GET HOME FATTY!

February 11, 2011 at 7:48 am | Report abuse |
  41. Relapsin

LOL...she better get that Hustler shoot asap cuz in about a year she is gonna be twice as big as she was...a big ole Country Crock.

February 11, 2011 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
  42. Dixie Normuss

Hey Oprah you look like a tub of lard.....why don't you join Weight Watchers? I am guessing you could slim down to the same size as your "girlfriend" Gayle.

February 11, 2011 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
  43. ciera

I think that jennifer did good so yea

February 11, 2011 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
  44. Jenny Hudson

I just hope I can be an inspiration to all the fat women out there that have those cottage cheese behings and to Arethra.

February 11, 2011 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
  45. ghettorocker

I that her getting that weight off is a great thing. And just because she said she was happy in her body before, doesn't mean she decided she wasn't, and that is why she opted to do WW. I gained a ton of weight with my daughter, even though I was active throughout my pregnancy. And yes, I am a bit chunky, but I eat healthy and live an active lifestyle. I don't have a workout routine in place, but I have a desire to loose weight. Not because I don't love my body, but because it is so hard to find clothes that fit! And because I have a desire to be physically fit like I used to be before baby/c-section which has made it hard to get rid of this extra few inches of fat. All in all it is (for me) a matter of being healthy and being able to find properly fitting clothes, and maybe that is/was Hudson's motivation....

February 11, 2011 at 5:36 am | Report abuse |
  46. Carol

That Liz woman from WW was really annoying. Trying to promote WW that it is not about numbers, Sure. She should have had no air time. Oprah showed her! I bet Liz would have liked to tell the world how much she lost.

February 11, 2011 at 4:22 am | Report abuse |
  47. brownsugar

Jen, u look MARVELOUS!

February 11, 2011 at 1:04 am | Report abuse |
  48. oldhighs

You are all disgusting. She was beautiful before. She didn't need to lose any weight. Unfortunately, you're all dumb enough to buy into Oprah's pseudo-spiritual nonsense that just reinforces materialism and shallowness.

February 11, 2011 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  49. John

If she gets a lip reduction surgery, she lose another 50 pounds.

February 11, 2011 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  50. dave

You shouldn't have eaten that many foods in the first place.

February 11, 2011 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
  51. Smigly Farznuts

I lost 10 pounds 2 minutes ago. I flushed it down. It didn't smell very good.

February 10, 2011 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Juliana

Congrats on your weight loss Jennifer & you have a beautiful voice – don't pay any attention to all the haters out there. You are a strong woman who has overcome a lot. Good luck in the future and just enjoy that beautiful baby you have :-)

February 10, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  53. fatback

Congratulations, Jennifer! Only 200 more pounds to go!

February 10, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Deleted

Jen looks beautiful!

February 10, 2011 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Lizziecakes

@wahine; I saw her on OPRAH too, and she was wonderful! She has been through so much and has managed to just keep on up the road, bearing to the right and I admire her strength and courage. Good comment! I couldn't have said it any better. Too you jealous JENNIFER HUDSON haters, Go do what she did! Get your FAT ASSES up! Stop sitting at that computer EATING all day, spewing hate, gossip and lies! Take a walk around the block or something! I have a few pounds to lose myself; that's what I'm going to do!

February 10, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  56. lexy01

CONGRATS TO YOU JENNIFER!!! Wow, you are such an insperation to women all over the world! You have a FABULOUS VOICE, a gorgeous husband, an adorable baby, and knockout figure!! lol!! I just want to congratulate you on all of your blessings and sucess! God is really blessing you through all of your ups and downs. My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your mom and other family members. But as you know God is with you always.
    Keep up the great work!! ....Your fans support you 100%!! I'm still waiting on that Gospel album to drop too!! God Bless You!!

February 10, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Charles B

Congratulations Jennifer :) I wish you well amongst all the hatred as there are faceless "ignorites" who will always go against what they have never been taught. Love :) Out of all the bad things, continue to shine and take any negative energy that crosses your path and use it in a positive manner. Governments and the higher powers of this world promotes anarchy, hatred and anger so we as a people will be easier to control and persuade. Just do you, be well and have positive thought in every manner of your life. The best example in life is to be yourself and not bow to what people think of you :)

There are few people who know the higher power in truth and positivity. Search for it and let it become you.

Always,

Me

February 10, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  58. cheri

Hey you jealous negative folks that are spewing your venom:
    I lost 120 lbs and was late 50's when I did it too. I do not have hanging skin because I also took up riding horses vigorously almost every day and I'm so strong and feel wonderful too.
    I am a size 2 and it fits my small frame too so stop judging someones size because some of us have narrow hips, small waist etc. I do have a nice body now and am healthier than ever.
    It was 8 yrs ago that I lost this weight and I've kept every bit of it off and continue to live a vibrant, active life working with my 3 horses. Just find your passion that's going to give you muscle strength, isometric exercise and stretching too, but most important of all don't do something that bores you, get active and incorporate something into your life that you love and you'll be happy, positive and loving life and everyone in it because you then wish the very best for everyone else too :-)

February 10, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sgiar

Congratulations!! Keeping the weight off is the hardest part......good for you!!

February 26, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Acaraho

The problem with Weight Watchers is that they promote weight loss but not healthy eating. Any weight loss regime that encourages people to drink diet soda, refrain from fruits, and use sucralose as an artificial sweetener is far and away an unhealthy weight loss program.

February 10, 2011 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peggy

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. WW doesn't encourage members to drink diet soda, although it is just another option. As for fruit, the newest version actually encourages eating fresh fruit. And the program also encourages eating lots of veggies, whole grains, etc.

February 11, 2011 at 6:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Sgiar

I don't know what program you are talking about because it definitely is NOT Weight Watchers. They do encourage a healthy lifestyle that includes fruit. They certainly do not encourage diet soda. They do encourage at least six glasses of water a day. After all it is the person's decision as to what they eat and drink. It's called taking responsibility.

February 26, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Rizzo

she looks and sings great !!!!!!!

February 10, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Mario

Fine Jennifer you lost weight now please stop torturing us with those horrible commercials

February 10, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Odner

You fools are beyond delusional– that girl can't sing? I can't believe these comments. I love everything about that Jennifer Hudson. She's got personality, talents and dedication.

February 10, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  63. LTurkel

Can't sing . . . what were the OSCAR, SAG, GOLDEN GLOBE, BRITISH AND GRAMMY awards for?

February 10, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Acaraho

She may have talent but don't use those awards as a recognition of that talent. Many of those awards are popularity contests staged by agents and producers who are willing to pay to get their clients recognized.

February 10, 2011 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  64. bad2worse

She lost 80 pounds and oprah found it!!!!!

February 10, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Yes, YOU!

@HIDEOUS VIXEN, Sadly, you obviously have no comprehension of beauty or what real beauty is. If you had, the hideousness you spewed would not have emenated from your evil little soul.

February 10, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Not Impressed

Is someone losing weight really news? People lose weight everyday......whats the big deal?

February 10, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Webbski

Not only does ignorance abounds here like manure it is spread with reckless abandonment.

February 10, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Marv

Ladies,

Don't you love when people say you are beautiful and you can see it on their eyes and face when they say it instead of people just saying you are beautiful solely because they love you or are afraid of going to hell for saying otherwise?

February 10, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  69. PHENOMINAL WOMAN

LISTEN, WHY IS IT THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE SUCH HATERS, JENNIFER HUDSON IS A DIVA, SHE HAS A GIFTED VOICE,
    NOT A TALENTED ON , THEIR IS A DIFFERENCE. SHE IS ADORABLE AT ANY SIZE.
    WE, NEED TO LEARN TO ACCEPT PEOPLE AS THEY ARE, AND FOR THE HEARTS THE LOVE, THATS WHAT THIS WORLD NEEDS. SO ALL OF THE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK IS UNCALLED FOR NONE OF YOU ARE ON OPRAH SINGING~
    SHE HAS BEEN BLESSED WITH A WONDERFUL LIFE!

February 10, 2011 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  70. fasteele

Where are the pictures!

February 10, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Alex WHP

Instead of praising people for all the weight they've lost, we should ask them how, and why, they allowed themsleves to gain the weight in the first place! Eighty pounds!?! BFD. She should be embarassed that she HAD that much to lose! The show "Biggest Loser" is aptly named.

February 10, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  72. JD

Love JH. Great voice, great accomplishment. I'd love to see her portray The Queen of Soul in the planned biopic.

February 10, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  73. i2i

Jennifer Hudson is just so seriously hot!

February 10, 2011 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Bill Bixby

I love our weekly fatty thread. All the fatsos come out and complain about thyroid disorders and how they're picked on, but you never hear them talking about eating less or that huge Dr Pepper they drink while eating SlimFast. Keep eating those bacon sandwiches and drinking maple syrup.

February 10, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • L-Bird

Don't make comments like that man. I"m sure that overweight people are dealing with emotional isues, so are you.. youthink u are"THE INCREDIBLE HULK"

February 11, 2011 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Sc Diva

That comment was just so ugly, foul, and ignorant.

February 15, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  75. james

I'd do her.

February 10, 2011 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  76. ms T

all those people who are comenting that she cant sing. I dont recall any one of you been in " the spot light" for any reason if you have nothing good to say shut your mouth. so what seheh cant sing. Im sure she is doign better that you fat, no job having, broke, can only collect U/E people with bad reviews out there.. get a life

February 10, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  77. dew

good so quit singing that stupid song, i push the mute button everytime she sings for weight watcher,

February 10, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Fiona

Weight Watchers is a sensible and healthy way to change your eating habits for ever. I can see why the organization would balk at JH going on about how many pounds she's lost, since that is not the emphasis of the diet program. And since WW is paying JH big bucks to represent them, she should play the game as dictated. She does look fabulous now. Given how much weight she's lost, and how little extra (saggy) skin is evident on her frame, I'd guess that she's had some tucking surgery as well.

February 10, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Acaraho

Weight Watchers is not a healthy weight loss program. They encourage the use of diet soda and sucralose both of which are suspected of containing or being composed of carcinogens.

February 10, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Karen

Jennifer has inspired many people to get serious about diet and exercise, especially young women. This is a wonderful thing.

February 10, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Jiggered

Great! Loose 15 more and then I'll talk to your hand.

February 10, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  81. 1st Lady

ADM My Post Are not Even 4U… Where The H#ll U All Come From With This Hating- Guess Im Doing Something Rite =)
    OMG!!! U All Need 2Grow Up U Guys Are Hilarious Get A Life And ADM U Must Be Retarted Hunni Because They Are Understandable =)

February 10, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Ga Peach

You peple sound so jealous! Eat your hearts out! It is quite an accomplisment for anyone to lose 80 poundss. She is a beautiful person, inside and out!!! You go girl!!

February 10, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Katya

I congratulate her on losing so much weight. But there's no way that she's a size 6.

February 10, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Walter

You go girl!

February 10, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  85. john

I've seen recent pictures of her. If she turns around and looks behind her she'll find that 80 lbs.

February 10, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Me

I know her mom would be so very proud of her. The way she seemed to handle the tragic deaths in her family and her mega weight loss. Jennifer just seems to be a very grounded and a very nice person. Good for her!

February 10, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  87. brent

Congrats on losing the weight, and you just know Oprah is sitting there thinking....I mean you know she is thinking it... cause its only natural...but Oppy is thinkin it...Baby...lets see if you can keep it off cause losing is one thing but keeping it off is quite another. You know she is thinkin it. But congrats to that fine fine women of courage and substance, Jennifer Hudson, if I had been there I would have stood and clapped like everyone else.

February 10, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  88. 1st Lady

Thats Funny Denise (Im Laughing 4Real) She Screams Cause She Cant Hit The Notes (Hearing Her Im My Head) Lol… If Shes Screaming, She Sounds Good 2Me

February 10, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  89. mfsb25

Jennifer looks great. To Eddie Munster, women don't care to see fat men with cottage cheese backs, thunder thighs Dunlap's disease either. FYI Dunlap's disease is when the belly "done lapped" over the belt. The sight is actually sickening

February 10, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  90. 1st Lady

AlphaDiva U R So Ignorant Im Not Famous But I C U Have Become My Biggest Fan… We Not Even Talking About Me We Are Talking About Jennifers Weight Loss DUH!!! Ur So Ignorant
    Im Over And Out On U Hunni

February 10, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  91. TJ

How did a story about weight loss turn into a critique of her singing?? And then a bickering session on each others singing abilities. Stay focussed people.

February 10, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Denise

Her currrent WW ad is torture to listen to, I was sick of it the first time I heard it. It's like listening to someone scratch a chalkboard. She can't hit the high notes so she just screams. It's awful, I wish she would just gain it all back (you know she will) now and go away.

February 10, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sc Diva

Shame on you for wishing she'd gain it back. What an awful thing to say.

February 15, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  93. JIM

Hudson is a dime a dozen...There are not other roles for her in Hollywood. She's not fat anymore....She is like Drew Carrey, once he lost that weight no one cares..America likes the Jolly fat person.

February 10, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Jack wagon

Jennifer hudson said this is her favorite song:

youtube.com/watch?v=BkdL5sfJ7G4

February 10, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  95. zippity doo da

I don't know if she can sing or not, but she sure does scream pretty well, I guess. Congrats to her losing all that weight, though. I know it's a lot of work.

February 10, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  96. me

Sorry– I say she had gastric bypass.

February 10, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Doby

WHY do you assume gastric bypass? WW works, I am on it and have been for years.

so much jealousy

February 10, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chi-Girl

I actually think she had surgery too (lap band) because they get that bobble-head look when they lose weight after surgery and she has it. There's nothing wrong with surgery and you don't have to tell us about it either but don't lie. She may have used Weight Watchers after the surgery but not weight watchers alone.

February 10, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fiona

ChiGirl, what logical explanation do you have for that "bobble head" look? your reasoning is flawed. It just doesn't follow, medically.

February 10, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Sarah D

I'm very happy for Mrs. Hudson; because of her as a positive role model for young women, I too have joined Weight Watchers online program. As a result, I have lost 8 lbs in a month. This is a healthy way to lose weight and become a more healthier individual.

February 10, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  98. 1st Lady

Rite @NYDiva28 &Hazel
    But I Did Like Her With A Little More Meat On Her Bonez- Shez Styll An Amazing Singer =)

February 10, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  99. wow

nobody cares!

February 10, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • O RLY?

You obviously did if you left a comment... and the same goes for the rest of the people here.

February 10, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Jeffrey David

Oh goody...fatty pants lost weight.Congratulations fatty.

February 10, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  101. for real

hey-let's not respond to "STANG". let's not give him/her any attention. let's get smart when it comes to blogging and only make comments on what really makes sense-to say the least!!

February 10, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  102. NYDIVA28

You would think for a CNN blog people would say more intelligent, thoughtful things!

February 10, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • dream on

When you give the public a nice text box to freely comment on at no charge and next to no moderation, idiots will come out of the woodwork.

February 10, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Pinewalker

I think she is an amazing singer and very happy for her and her weight loss....she looks fantastic. But I am sorry, I saw her in person NYE and there is absolutley no way that she is a size 6..... Maybe an 8, but more likely a 10.

February 10, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  104. 1st Lady

Lol- AlphaDiva… Not!!! You Are A Hater Nd I Can Speak Very Well… Your So Funny, Nd U Can Miss Me With Throwing Shots Im 2Grown 4That Kid Stuff Lmao At U
    #Straight Hater Not A Good Look KID

February 10, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • AlphaDiva

1st Lady – Yes, I can tell you are really grown. It's apparent from your extensive knowledge of the english language, grammar, punctuation and attempts at sarcasm that you have a ways to go. Good luck with that.

February 10, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • ADM

1st Lady, you must have missed elementary English classes. Your grammar is horrendous, and your posts are very difficult to understand!

February 10, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ms. ProSe

@1st lady. Hopefully you are not writing these posts with a straight face. Can you put together a coherent sentence? Good Lord, I blame the public school system. Please obtain a dictionary and reference it immediately. By the way, your writing makes you appear as a complete idiot.

February 10, 2011 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  105. dislike all pretend persons

Did anyone check her swelled ego or head

February 10, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Ladyjane

Did Oprah give herself and two of her friends free membership to weight watchers for a year? She could take lessons on weight loss from Jennifer. God knows she has tried everything else.

February 10, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Rose

You know one of the reasons why I really kind of resented seeing her on all of those Weight Watchers commercials was because of my belief that while a "normal" person can just about afford $14 per week to go a Weight Watchers meeting, she probably had her own chef and personal trainer...so of course she lost 80 pounds. I've got a lot more respect. Maybe I shouldn't have thought that way, but I bet that's why she went on Oprah; to say that she did it like all of us "normal" people.

February 10, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • mexcellentloser

Or, you can pay $17.95 a month and do the WW program online, like I do.

Lost 61 pounds so far, and still losing...

February 10, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  108. kola123

First of all, she may be on Weight Watchers now, but I can bet everything I own that she has had LOTS of surgery AND a bipass. She didn't do that on WW. Where is the fat and hanging skin???????

This is putting the wrong message across to those who need to lose weight.

February 10, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  109. white dude

I liked her better when she was thicker.... but she still looks great. I hope her physical changes do not effect the depth and range of her beautiful voice.

February 10, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  110. g

fat or not she's still butt ugly.

February 10, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  111. 1st Lady

Who Eva Said Jennifer Need Sum Singn Lessons Thass Pure Hate Nd U Dnt Have Tha Slightest Idea Of A Song Nd Music-She Is Powerful Wit That Voice Of Herz- Nd If She Needz Singn Lessons Hunni U Need Em 2Obviously
    She Got Money While U Writing Negative Things Bout Her- Smh Get Real Hater

February 10, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • God

Wow, the very least you could do is to simply attempt to form a coherent thought, or even a simple sentence for that matter.

Do you realize that nobody understands anything you said when you use language that doesn't exist?

February 10, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • AlphaDiva

What the H#ll did you just say? Honestly, do you have any clue how unintelligent you sound? You may be a Rhodes Scholar (doubtful), but you write like a complete and total moron.

February 10, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • AlphaDiva

1st lady of what?? Ebonics Alternative High School?

February 10, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • DrFood

Don't feed the troll.

February 10, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • lovegod

@ God you are to funny, I couldn't stop laughing.

February 11, 2011 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
    • truth teller

You obviously are European pretending to be ethinic...it's so funny how everyone fell for this. I do not know one minority that writes like this. It's funny how bigots hide behind blogs and idiots fell for the bait.

February 11, 2011 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  112. Well..

She is proud of here accomplishment. Get over yourself. I'm not a big celebrity-follower, but geez, some of you just love to pick. No lives I guess. Now, pick on me (oh...mr/ms I have a life..why are you commenting if you really have a life). Just proves my point further, so nah!

February 10, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Jam

She looks so good.I always liked the way she looked before but now its like "CABLAM"im in love.

February 10, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  114. God

HA, I love all the people saying " o well she can sing better than you" and "I"d like to hear you sing and see what you look like".

All of those comments are irrelevant. A bad singer can still call somebody a bad singer. None of you can name one thing inaccurate about that. If I think shes a bad singer, then I'll say shes a bad singer. Whether she can sing better than me or not couldn't be more irrelevant. The outcome is the same.

February 10, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Griff

Kat, I'm good. I'm just calling 'em like I see 'em.

February 10, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Griff

Whoever said that Jennifer needs singing lessons, I have a few words for you; MULTIPLE GRAMMY WINNER!! Secondly, whoever knocked her acting career, I have one word for you; OSCAR!!

Jennifer, "gone with yo' sho 'nuff baaaaad self. You are finer than frog's hair split 4 ways!!!

February 10, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  117. patricia

Wow, that's great! I don't want to be a size 6 but a size 12 will do.

February 10, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • jennifer

A size 12 is entirely fat, unless you are VERY TALL. Sorry.

February 10, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chi-Girl

Jennifer used to tell that same lie when she was fat too and tried to criticize normal weight women for being too skinny. Yet, she's grinning like a cheshire cat after her successful weight-loss surgery. Fat women lie and say that they're happy with their weight but are always starting a new diet-on Monday. I think you all lie because you don't think that you can lose weight because you've tried everything-except eating right and exercising regularly for more than a week.

February 10, 2011 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Big Daddy Cool

Just wonderin'....did Oprah go in to her head swivlin',finger snappin', "you go girl", "oh no he didn't" mode?

February 10, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Superhiro

Am I the only one who thought "white chick" when I saw the name Jennifer Hudson? I've never seen this chick before.

February 10, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Jane

I am a WW member.Great program and it is not just all about diet. It's a live-it. WW changes your whole way of looking at food and gives you an opportunity to make a change. Some make changes slower than others. There is no "race" to the finish line because you never really finish.... Bravo to Jennifer!!!

February 10, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  121. captain

A size 6 in the US, is a size 10 everywhere else! LOL As if. The Parade of the Deluded!!! Good for her for losing 80 pounds though – job well done!!! And I think she's a great singer.

February 10, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  122. truthinrock

Good for her. Now she needs to go back to school and learn how to enunciate.

February 10, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • C.

I couldn't agree more! She's from Chicago, for heaven's sake, so where did she get that mushmouthed accent??

January 14, 2013 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  123. B=Dog

A) Ms. Hudson looks Phenomenal!

B) @Tae Nobody looks "smokin hot" at 250 pounds.... unless you are about 7 feet tall.

February 10, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  124. BlackIrish4094

She lost way too much, she looked better before, her body is now poorly proportioned.

February 10, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  125. tae

I have to say for majority of you to be so called adults the way your spewing insults is disgusting I happen to be 250lbs and I'm on a diet because I want to be healthy not cause I'm ashamed of how I look (witch for the record I look smoking hot thank you very much) we should all learn how to be a little nicer because if it were you no matter how much you deny it your feelings would be hurt and you too would feel that same way. Also I think jennifer is extreamly talented and looks great!!!

February 10, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lisa

Agreed, we should all learn to be nicer, but let's be realistic, nobody looks smoking hot at 250 pounds, unless they are a 6'6" solid male. Sorry. Hope you keep up that diet, and Good Luck.

February 10, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Justin

I swear it appears that more and more each day blogs are for miserable, low life's

February 10, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Bookenz

Losing it it the easy part. Keeping it off is the real accomplishment.

February 10, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Matt

this cow spent several minutes in different interviews telling us how happy she was to be a "full figured" girl and that she was completely happy with her body. She even went on to ridicule women for losing weight and not being true to themselves.

February 10, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chi-Girl

Yep. Fat girls tell that "I'm happy with my body lie" all the time but are always starting a new diet-on Monday. I think she had lap band and then started Weight Watchers because she has that bobble-head look that people get when they lose weight in a manner other than a healthy diet and exercise. There's nothing wrong with surgery but I hate when people lie. Her old photos also make it clear that she had a nose job-the surgeon did a good job.

February 10, 2011 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • layo24

This Neanderthal has the nerve to get a hissy fit because a woman is doing well for herself. Besides all the health benefits of losing excess weight if she wants to be skinny, it's America to hell with the likes of you.

February 10, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • amy

@ Matt – I totally agree. I remember she did that. She is a total hypocrite.

February 11, 2011 at 2:38 am | Report abuse |
  129. Ebolter

The 80 pounds she lost was Oprahs 'other' half sister .

February 10, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Beautiful Vixen

By the way Jennifer looks great and from a woman's point of view some of you ladies need to now the difference between curvy and round. Men are not blind.

February 10, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Jordan

I wonder how much of it was lost with the help of Mr. Otunga.

February 10, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  132. love child

That's why it is storming and snowing where it never have before and so many people are out of work .........GOD IS SO TRIED OF HIS PEOPLE HATING and hurting EACH OTHER. If you can't say something nice than PLEASE just don't say nothing. You need prayers and you know who you are... good day.

February 10, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Curious Benjamin

Just wondering, why do people get all worked when big people are called fat while it's totally OK subject short people with all sorts of insults? Especially when being obese can be fixed in most cases

February 10, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gigi

Same reason people are allowed to say Skinny B**ch. It's OK to mock thin people but not fat cows.

February 10, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Kate

She is getting the best revenge by making her family proud. And I dunno, it seems like her singing is stronger and purer than ever!!
    Congrats on a new healthy you Jennifer Hudson and family!!

February 10, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Polka Dot

I wonder if Jennifer's sister lost some weight as well. That would be really awesome too. By the way Jenn looks great!!! America we really do need to have a healthy "weigh" of living.

February 10, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Beautiful Vixen

Lmao!! I agree with you eddie. D@mn there is nothing worse that see a fat person with their fat hanging out. Good Lord summer is coming and I have to train my eyes not to look at the rolls that will be squeezing out of tight shorts and cut off tops with belly fat hanging to the knees. I think it pretty disgusting seeing fat people struggling to walk up the street yet stuffing ice cream in their mouths. Then you look around to find a moose alert horn to warn other people of the approaching hippo coming their way. Before you throw your insults at me..yes I look in the mirror every day and I'm smoking hot thank you.

February 10, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Superb singer (in the shower)

You may be visually pleasing.

But your essential ugliness is showing to all of us and we don't have to see your face.

February 10, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Beautiful Vixen

Smoking hot! MMM...sounds tastee!!

February 10, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Be Quiet

I bet you're an ugly b!tch.

February 10, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me

There's nothing worse then seeing a fat person? Do you turn on the news.....EVER?

February 10, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • ADM

Conceited much? You must've waited too long to throw up your lunch, so you're cranky.

February 10, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Dan

I thought Jennifer Hudson was beautiful when she was 80 lbs heavier, too.

February 10, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Monlady!

Losing it is wonderful...keeping it off is the real trick! Look at Oprah how many times did she lost and gain weight...until now that she has resolved to accept herself.

February 10, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  139. master dee

She is a no talent actor and singer.

Her 15 minutes of fame ended an our ago.

February 10, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • layo24

....and you are.?.....
      ah! just what I thought, we don't know who the hell you are.

February 10, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mckayla

Please tell me your joking... Lets see your face at the grammys and the Oscars, then maybe someone will eventually take your negative tude in to consideration. In the mean time, get a life and stop putting down others' accomplishments because it makes you feel better about yourself.

February 24, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mawo

Some of you haters need to grow up, some of you probably hate her because she's so talented in singing and she won an oscar to prove it, sadly some of you have got nothing better to do than slag off other people and it's unfortunate that you can wake up every morning and all you can think of is who you are going to say nasty things about, if there are singers or actors whose music or acting you don't like all you have to do is turn off the radio or TV...... No wonder why there's no peace in the world......

April 9, 2011 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Marco555

American Idol's greatest success story.

February 10, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Isis

It is shameful and embarrassing to read these comments. It's horrific to know that some adults are this immature! Unbelievable!!

February 10, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Isis

Agreed!! And another thing... *POOT*

February 10, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deedz

Not only do I agree with your comment, but how sad is it that most of these people cannot write properly and have certainly dropped out of school before learning anything. Sad to know that so many Americans can't read or write.

February 10, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kat2

So true Isis!

February 10, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carol

Yes, I agree too. This is a reflection of our poor public school system.

February 11, 2011 at 4:12 am | Report abuse |
    • My Doo Doo in your mouth

To all you blackfolks haters...*POOT* right in ya dame face.

February 17, 2011 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  142. early bird

Wow! Ignorance abounds

February 10, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  143. laurab68

Bill,
    You don't have to be insulting. People who are overweight know they are overweight and there is no need to call them fat.
    Look people, unless you have a medical reason for being overweight such as a thyroid issue or a cortisol issue, then learn that eating the "american" i.e. western diet is going to decrease your fiber intake, increase your insuline response, increase your fat intake and will decrease your vitamin and mineral intake, which leads to half of all americans being overweight to obese. It's no fun being fat, but lets face it, most of us put ourselves there and then feel sorry for ourselves because of the weight we've gained. Getting defensive doesn't fix the problem. Action however does.
    It's simple and you don't need bariatric sugery to fix this. There is no quick fix to permanent weight loss. Diets do not work. Permanent weight loss is done by eating as natural as possible and getting excercise daily. Fruits and vegetables have bright colors and fuel your body. Most fried foods are beige and have nothing for you but more pounds around the middle. No more soda, no more junk food or fast food as it's just bad for you. Whole grains, whole wheat, fruits, vegetables, milk, yogourt, water instead of soda, meats which are not processed, increase your fiber intake, no fried foods and olive or canola oil to your salad dressings (home made of course) and get off the couch and go for a walk and get some excercise each day. Don't smoke and give it 8 weeks of this and your energy level will be higher and suprise, surprise you will lose weight. You didn't put it on in one day so it's not going to come off in one day.
    You can cut down what I say by saying it's none of my business if you're overweight and you would be right. But if what you are doing isn't working for you, why not give it a try??? What have you got to lose??

February 10, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Urggh!

if you are fat you are fat...why do people have to tip toe around it?? You know how you look...... its not degrogatory, you are who you are, fat, skinny or whatever!!!If you saw a person who was skinny you would call them skinny... Damn, people are too sensitive!

February 10, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • superb singer (in the shower)

I got myself a dog. She grew 14 pounds, I lost 40 walking her, without changing anything else.

Boy, I love that dog....

February 10, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Great response and highly accurate!

February 10, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gene

Wow, I think you should be on Oprah.

February 10, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • laurab68

I completely agree Gene, set it up!

February 11, 2011 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
    • gremlin

Laurab68,

To some extent I agree with you, but i would point out that metabolism plays a large part in it, as does the access to activity. Some body types are naturally heavier. My heritage is German-Irish and I am heavier set. I was also on steroids for a medical condition during my teen years that stunted my growth. If I work out constantly (as in when I had a 60+ hour a week job that required physical activity) I can maintain an "average" weight, but normally I am considered overweight. I have a friend that never works out, usually sits at home eats all day and has never weighed more than 100 pounds.
      There have been numerous studies that show that activity is possibly the largest contributor to weight problems. Two of the largest trouble spots are inner cities and rural areas. It has been shown that in general Southern food is no more unhealthy than other regions. Like many skewings, the fried food gets sensationalized by TV and people outside of the South, but the diet is fairly varied. The problem is access to resources. Most places in the south you have to drive to get things. In the inner cities, you could walk but in high crime neighborhoods where it's not safe you see the same pattern of obesity rates as in other areas where things are spaced our too far or just not easily available.
      Finally there is the issue of body image. We use the BMI to judge obesity, not taking into account that it is a linear approximation of something that scales by a power law. The range of accuracy contained as relatively narrow range of height and bone structures. If you are very tall or very short, it gets ridiculous. Our concept of healthy weight is skewed too, mostly by various media constantly parading people who have been hand-picked for certain features, made to workout for several hours a day and then photoshopped after all of that.

February 12, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Josh

Since when can't you call fat people fat?

February 12, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Bill Bixby

Fat people everywhere need to take Jennifer's lead and stop eating deep fried gravy and ranch dressing sandwiches and they'd lose some weight.

February 10, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • G

I'm a man, and I think the two of you should ask your doctors of Paxil is right for you.

February 10, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • ADM

Eddie and Bill, I'm sure you're both smoking hot yourselves! You probably have disgusting beer guts and love handles.

I'm sure Eddie is that guy at the beach wearing the speedo with his fat muffin-topping over it, thinking he's hot and can judge everyone else.

February 10, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sara

You're an idiot. She's a size 6.

And a lot of "fat people" aren't haussing down the deep-drived gravy or whatever...in fact, I know a lot of bigger people who have better lifestyle habits than size 00 folks. Two of my best friends are professional models for H&M and yet guzzle diet coke and coffee like it's water. Talk about unhealthy.

February 24, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Gayle

You all think ya so funny but this is serious. Looks TO ME like JENN is saying "Yes Oprah they are real and no you cant touch them or nuzzle them or massage them with oils and fragrance or paint them or..."

February 10, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Gargoyle

Jin b sayin "yea Simon tried to show it to me but I said H E L L naw Simon. Im not gonna have to fight Randys bigass when he fines out about u being disloyal. Juz go on".

February 10, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deedz

Wow, gargoyle you say? Where did you learn how to speak or write.
      Do you even know what a gargoyle is?

February 10, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Alvin Chipunk

2 wombats=bad wood.

February 10, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • A Quaglietta

Two overweigth women... Like it or not.

from the Q

February 10, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • layo24

@ "The Q"
      Go learn how to spell it's "overweight" or did your "fat fingers" miss the keys

February 10, 2011 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Man/Bear/Pig

Jennifer says "Well no Im not sayin you remind me of an overweight Badger, NOOOooo, not a all. What I was trying to say is, take you and Gayle...Now Badgers live in burrows and, well....you know what Im saying".

February 10, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Beaver Spottin

LOL...Oprah is trying to get a peek down Jenns blouse...LOL.

February 10, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Jack Cornhole

From the picture it appears Jennifer is saying..."NO Oprah I dont want any pixie-doodles, cheesie-puffs or twinkies. Please stop."

February 10, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Dream Weaver

Oprah needs a new weave...she b lookin all water heady...

February 10, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • june

Weaver...which I'm sure your name reveals it all, that's Oprah's hair. It's been proven. Don't hate...Ms. Weave...oops I mean Weaver.

February 10, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • @June

LMAO...IT is not...WOW, they got u fooled.

February 10, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • SMH!

Maybe you should know what you are saying before typing. That is all her natural hair no perm that she gets flat ironed everyday. Remember Oprah is wealthy! Sorry you are such a negative person.

February 10, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • DIDN'T YOU KNOW!

DIDN'T YOU KNOW, OPRAH DOESN'T HAVE A WEAVE, YOU DUMB STUPID A$$! THA'T'S HER HAIR!!! GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT, WHILE YOUR BEING A SMART A$$!

February 10, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gemini

I can’t believe some of you! Jealousy is a horrible emotion. Oprah has shown that this is her REAL hair so many time for some not to know this is truly funny. As for Jennifer’s sing, THE GIRL IS ONE OF THE BEST!!!! I am so glad that I was taught and learned the lesson well that just because someone is good at something they maybe better then you does not make you any less. To all of the hateful nasty people on this site, just because you try and make someone else look bad does not make you look good.

February 10, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Choconet

I can see you did not watch the Oprah episode where she had Chris Rock on promoting his "Good Hair" movie. She showed the world all that wild, long nappy hair. All hers, all natural. Maybe you should watch the show more often. Dang I have a job and only caught that online in a video! Even Tyra Banks had Chris Rock on her show and took off her weave and started wearing her “real” hair, which happens to be past her shoulders. So quick to criticize too lazy to check your facts!

February 10, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lisa D

Wow...what a hater. For your information THAT IS OPRAH'S HAIR. Get a copy of the show (with Chris Rock) about African American hair. Then you'll be able to comment. Until then you, and the rest of the IDIOTS, who think Oprah is wearing a weave will continue to sound ignorant.

February 10, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • FatopRAH

Oprah is one Tastykake away from having to purchase two seats on an airplane herself.

February 17, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  152. O RLY?

Instead of congratulating her on her weight loss, you go on and critique her singing... Who cares if she's good or bad at singing? Maybe you should look in the mirror before you go any further.

February 10, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  153. @ Orly Orifice

I did look in the mirror and Im looking fiiiiinnnnnnee!!!

February 10, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  154. June

You can't come close to singing as well as Jennifer even if you were in your shower where the accoustics help those who can't help themselves.

February 10, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  155. EEE

Okay STANG, that's enough of your "I know you are but what am I" antics... go back to the playground.

February 10, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  156. margryl

Can you sing? Oh right, she won and Oscar. Really.

February 10, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  157. SAYWHAT

@Stand.....Are you nuts? She can sing her a$$ off! You couldnt even come close to being as talented as her.. please...

February 10, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  158. superb singer (in the shower)

Hey – you know the saying that it ain't over til the fat lady sings. Hudson looks terrific, and sounds terrific too. Unfortunately, if you are a singer, your "instrument" is your body and changing your weight can effect the sound of your voice. Some may prefer the way you sound when they don't prefer the way you look. Ask Judy Garland.

February 10, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Deedz

Stang/Stank. I would love to see what YOU look like and how well you sing.

February 10, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Jazz

Are you serious she was one of the three Divas on American Idols the best group of three women ever on the SHOW.

February 10, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  161. brad

Please tell me you're kidding. Did you hear her sing at the Kennedy Center Honors event in December? Phenomenal!!! She feels and in turn you feel every note she sings........

February 10, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  162. mdc

Agreed. A terrible singer.

February 10, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  163. SMH!

I think your ears are the problem!! Check yourself!

February 10, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  164. billybob

RIGHT ON, JUNE

February 10, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  165. God

So a bad singer can't call somebody a bad singer? Some of you need to get a grip on reality. There are a lot of really bad singers who can sing better than me. And yet, they are still bad singers. That doesn't change.

February 10, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  166. oh yea?

LOL.. wait... let me get this straight... someone actually said "Instead of congratulating her on her weight loss, you go on and critique her singing... Who cares if she's good or bad at singing?" ...?? Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with talking down the girl for her accomplishments, but she IS a singer. That is what she SHOULD be first and foremost recognized for. She was beautiful at either weight, it didn't make her a better or worse singer.

So yes... you criticize her singing before you criticize her weight.

February 10, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  167. j

Are you nuts?

February 10, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Hazel

Really?? She's one of the best singers out. Don't be a hater.

February 10, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  169. nino

if you think Jennifer Hudson needs singing lessons you must be severely tone deaf. I'm not even a fan of her music but she can definitely sing her tail off. Alicia Keys is someone that could use singing lessons.. shes always pitchy when she sings.

February 10, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Guest

I'm astonished at the negative comments people make on articles like this. It's like they lay in wait just to say something mean, or trying to be funny, or both. I think it's awesome she took her life into her own hands and lost a ton of weight and got healthy. She very publicly went through hell after that tragedy in her family; I can't even imagine how horrible that was, and I love how she is honest in how she was and is able to deal with it without falling apart and ending up in rehab like half of Hollywood. She's a decent singer, not my favorite, but she's got guts man, not many people could have endured what she went through and come out OK on the other side.

February 10, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  171. LEB

Are you kidding? She has a better voice than pretty much every other popular singer out there today. She has the potential to become the next Aretha Franklin, Diana Ross, Gladys Knight, Etta James, the list goes on. The woman has a true gift, and she's a respectable actress, too.

February 10, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Kevin

Big deal!!! I lost 125lbs since January 1st of last year!! With just a little exercise!! Never felt better!

February 10, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  173. wahine

Jennifer: You look great and sound great too!!! I really enjloyed Oprah today....and was motivated by what Jennifer said about what it really takes to take control of your life....and your weight. It is a mindset change. Well done!!

February 10, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  174. oldguy

what's that on the back of Oprah's head? another sister?

February 10, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  175. Jo

I hope you're joking, because if you're not, you're tone deaf and brain dead.

February 10, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  176. KS

Really?? Her voice need work? Do you have a record deal making millions? Not!!

February 11, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  177. javondure

I 100% agree with you Stand. i couldn't stand her on American Idol and can't stand her voice now.

February 11, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  178. Justin Beiber

I could out sing this winch with 2 men in my mouth.

February 11, 2011 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  179. kat

There must be something wrong with you.

February 10, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  180. Courtney

She's married and her husband is present in her child's life.

February 10, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  181. b

Her husband is a lawyer, I believe.

February 10, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  182. Chi-Girl

She said on the show that he is still her fiancee. Not sure what the hold up is because they're already living together and have a kid. I guess having a kid with someone is less of a commitment than getting married these days.

February 10, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  183. Chi-Girl

He is a lawyer but he's also a celebrity wannabe. He left a very nice job to go on one of the most trashy reality shows on tv, "I Love New York" and was also on some reality show about wrestling (LOL). He's only with Jennifer because he wants to ride her coat tails. He looks nice in person but like frankenstein on tv. He needs to ease up on those steroid-laced supplements. I hope that someone gets in her ear and she does not marry this guy.

February 10, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  184. Merry

I agree with you. Well said!

February 11, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  185. Lisa Marie

I don't care how good she sings.....THAT'S NOT WHAT SHE'S SUPPOSED TO BE PUSHING!!! IT ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT HER SINGING, SOUNDS MORE LIKE SHE'S TRYING TO SELL HER ALBUMS RATHER THAN PROMOTING THE WEIGHT WATCHER'S DIET PROGRAM. I'm amazed she even mentioned it on Oprah without SINGING the WHOLE THING out.

February 28, 2011 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |