Gwyneth Paltrow to sing Prince's 'Kiss' on 'Glee'
February 10th, 2011

Gwyneth Paltrow to sing Prince's 'Kiss' on 'Glee'

Gwyneth Paltrow is taking on music royalty with her next "Glee" appearance: The "Country Strong" star is set to sing Prince's "Kiss" in a duet with Matthew Morrison.

According to TVLine, Paltrow will reprise her role as substitute teacher Holly Holiday in an episode airing March 8. This time around, Holiday returns to McKinley High to fill in for an absent sex-ed instructor, and things get pretty steamy.

"Cue more flying sparks between her and Morrison’s Mr. Schuester, and presto, a purportedly too-hot-for-TV version of Prince’s classic is born," reports TVLine, adding that the two will share a sizzling smooch.

As Marquee previously reported, the "Glee" gang will be hitting the road for another tour this spring. Might Paltrow join them for one of the performances? Hopefully, she won't say "Forget You" to the idea.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Glee • Music • television

1. Geezer

I want to bukkake all over her face.

February 10, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  2. J. Fritzl

I think it will be an interesting performance, for sure. 'Glee' is an interesting extension of the 'American Idol' mentality at its core – it took the idea that people might want to listen to alternate versions of songs done by stars on the show time and time again and turned it into the idea for a show altogether. You can see this in the near seamless integration into iTunes the show has. Watching the show online and a song comes on? Guess what?! Convenient iTunes button flashes nearby and you can download it (for a nominal fee). Wooooo!

I'd like the show more if they'd just remove the gay dudes, though. Ironic, considering the whole 'musical' thing is pretty gay on its own. But whatever.

February 10, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jsl

OMG not Gwyneth again. She is at best average. She wouldn't even make it to Hollywood on American Idol.

February 10, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Squiggy

I love this....Mubarak is dong a live address that could change the way we will buy oil, we we're all up in it about Paltrow. Gotta love the opiate of society.

February 10, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  5. jeannie

Just the thought of it makes me NAUSEOUS!!!!....why would she even want to do a song like that...as if SHE CAN SING...so self indulgent she is....pathetic...she's sux!

February 10, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  6. 4x4 chick

What a joke. Gweneth can`t sing . My dog can carry more of a tune than she can. Think she sings just to annoy us.

February 10, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. PattySFV

Just go away Gwenny...you can't sing and you can barely act (no repeat Oscar as that first one was a fluke). Although she has an excellent management machine she is everywhere...would really like to see a real singer do Prince. Gwennie's just a celebrity...not a talent.

February 10, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  8. nokoolaidcowboy

I thought she defected to England because America was sooooo wrong a place?

February 10, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Ryan KinG

I'm just SO EXCITED to watch that woman that lost so much weight from Shallow Hal and did the Kill Bill films do a musical.

February 10, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  10. tlc

This travesty is obviously Obama's fault.

February 10, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Eilene Dover

This blog is better than reading the morning "comics" in the newspaper! I've been literally laughing out loud all the way through it! Some of you are so quick-witted and hilarious!

February 10, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  12. My Name is Mud

What's next? Matt Damon does Willie Nelson? I mean come on now, Gwyneth. Just stop!

February 10, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Feeniegal

I don't care much for her, but I was impressed with her first GLEE appearance. I'll tune in, cause I do still enjoy the show, even though I've begun to guess some of the songs they'll sing in episode plot.

February 10, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  14. sjm752003

It's obvious nobody at CNN monitors these boards. It's also obvious that nobody is going to tell an A-list movie star to stick to acting! EVERY song she's covered sounds like bland, washed out cornflakes...

February 10, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • mjinmd

But, you see, that's where some of us disagree. I love her voice and think she has done a fine job in everything she has tried. I look forward to seeing the Glee program that she will perform in.

February 10, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  15. lightspeed

light travels at 186,000 miles per second.

February 10, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Greg

It's actually much faster than that! 186,000 per second squared. Sorry I'm a nerd.

February 10, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scratch

Sorry Greg...you're wrong. Sort of like a nerd, but without the knowledge, I guess.

February 10, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Rock

Id give it to her under the boardwalk for sure. My tasty little Snooki likes it under there.

February 10, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  17. doc

This just in...Gwyneth Paltrow to sing Happy Birthday at neighbor's kids party...film at 11

February 10, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  18. FRAN

I find her extremely annoying! Not a fan!

February 10, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Caroline

Jonx,
    I agree with you, she probably doesn't know...
    She is so pretentious.

February 10, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Ethel

Thanks for the warning.

February 10, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  21. BigRig

if the burning tractor had the cast in it...then yes I would watch.

February 10, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  22. Sing a song

Christina A will be back stage to assist in case Paltrow forget the words.

February 10, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  23. Jeff Lebowski

I bet obama is a fan of glee.

February 10, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  24. Beautiful Vixen

W t f! French horn..lmao!

February 10, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  25. the_dude

I don't watch this show because I am not a gay.

February 10, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Big Gay Al

I agree, one has to be obviously ultra-turbo gay to like this show..
      Toodles....

February 10, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
    • sarah

There is a senseless monster tractor-pull on T.V. tonight. I hear it is a recording and one of the tractors rolls over and catches fire. Maybe you would prefer that.

February 10, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  26. El Jefe

This chick's no so subtle transition to be a 'singer' is gross and so orchestrated that it's an insult to most.

February 10, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  27. G

These comments are so funny talking about Obama on an article about Glee and Prince lol. Do you realize that you come off as crazy and actually make obama look better.

February 10, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  28. ryan

obama is a socialist! and a little fyi for you all, hes a chain smoker. . .

February 10, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
    • DV

I can live with a Socialist, but a CHAIN SMOKER????? Anything but that!!! OMG, what is this world coming to????

February 10, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Justin Beiber

I eat lots of beans and can play the French Horn while its in my butt.

February 10, 2011 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  30. J0nx

Do you think this girl has any idea that most people just simply do not like her and find her extremely pretentious? Probably not.

February 10, 2011 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  31. Carol Channing

I'd like to star in any mummy related episodes.

February 10, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  32. Ole Grandad

Hey TATER-Boy...you dont need no episode...just follow me and Ole Grandad will show ya what its all about.

February 10, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  33. Channing Tatum

I wanna guest star in some of the "coming out" episodes.

February 10, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  34. Name changer

Im hearing rumblings that the name of GLEE will soon be changed to GLAAD.

February 10, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  35. lady k

What does obama have 2 do with this article?! do u dummys find a way 2 put politics in everything? gosh shut up!And paul diddty? your grammar is shameful. instead of blasting our pres. go back 2 school sir

February 10, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  36. Jay

I know the producers of Glee have really wanted to feature Prince's music on the show for a long time. Glad to see it's finally happening to introduce young kids to the legendary artist Prince and his amazing music however not thrilled about Paltrow singing...

February 10, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  37. Les

that's just all kinds of wrong!!!

February 10, 2011 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  38. Vergina

poot=quiff

February 10, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  39. *POOT*

Paltrow to sing Princes Kiss? LMAO...this should hilarious and great fodder for SNL. If the lunkheaded SNL players can pull if off. Not likely but should be a gimme.

February 10, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
    • MizzGivens

There are some things you just don't mess with, and Prince's music is in that category.

February 10, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Oprah and Gayle

And we have something for you Smart guy. Our Over The Top Double Super Dooper Pooper *PPOOOOOOOTT* <--smell it!!!!

February 10, 2011 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  41. Huh?!?

What????? Do people like you even read the article you're posting about?

February 10, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |