Will Britney Spears show up at the Grammys?
February 9th, 2011

Will Britney Spears show up at the Grammys?

The 53rd Annual Grammy awards air Sunday night, and as usual, the show will rock, producer Ken Ehrlich promises CNN.

For starters, there's a tribute to Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin featuring Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Hudson, Martina McBride, Yolanda Adams and Florence Welch from Florence and the Machine.

"Every one of these women can sing, and we wanted to keep it all women because Aretha broke so many barriers and so many boundaries for women that this is a little payback," says Ehrlich, adding that they'll perform hits such as "Respect" and "Natural Woman."

Franklin, who had surgery in December for an undisclosed health problem, knows who is involved, and, Ehrlich tells CNN, "She's very happy about everybody, and she keeps saying to me, 'OK, you can have them this year, [but] I'll be around next year."

That's not the only collaboration happening that evening. Gwyneth Paltrow and Cee Lo will reunite to perform his hit "Forget You" — and the Muppets will join them.

Says Ehrlich, "This is all Cee Lo. He came to us and said, 'You know, when I was growing up, I loved "The Muppet Show." I remember Elton John on "The Muppet Show." That's what I want to do.'"

While Ehrlich reveals that "fans' jaws will drop" when they see Katy Perry's music number, he won't confirm reports that Britney Spears will appear on the show.

"I have no comment," he says. "Nothing to say about that."

Guess we'll find out when the Grammys air February 13 at 8 p.m. on CBS.

1. Severe Clinical Depression

Hi there very cool website!! Man .. Excellent .. Superb .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds also?I am glad to search out numerous useful information right here in the put up, we need work out extra strategies on this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

April 19, 2012 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. anna

gotta agree with jqq. aguilera is disgusting. take off your make-up and get out from your whoever the hell your boyfriend is. BTW, i don't like aguilera. she has the voice but she doesn't have what brit spears has. get out xtina. you're not in spears league. go brit. luv ya!!!!!!!!! :D

February 11, 2011 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
  3. Ken

Britney is sooo last week, no one cares if she shows up or not. She needs to go back to the Ozarks and marry her brother.

February 10, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  4. CHUCK D

WHO F-ING CARES

February 10, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  5. joe

I hope Christina Stupid doesn't forget the words. Say what you will Britney.... she's still far better than any of those giving the A.F. tribute. And why the hell is jennifer hutson even part of it? I guess they needed to fill a space, she's got plenty to fill it alright.

February 10, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  6. J0nx

Bri'nay! Bri'nay nay nay!

February 10, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  7. HEANN

I know for a fact she is a squirter

February 10, 2011 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  8. Meh

I heard her auto-tuner is going to show up

February 10, 2011 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Lee

Ignorance clearly prevails on this comment board. Auto tune wasn't developed until after Britney had recorded her second album. She also didn't use auto tune until her fourth album then heavily after that, because it is the direction music is headed. It's a little something called evolve or fade away.

February 10, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  9. jqq

At least Spears can sing and remember the lyrics.
    Aguilara is disgusting.
    Funny how all the chics picked to tribute Franklin are 'minorites'. I personally think that the group selected is racially motivated. Oh well, who watches the grammys anyway?????

February 10, 2011 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Valerie

Go to You Tube and type in: "Britney can't sing her real voice".....then come back and tell us she can sing...........LMAO!

February 10, 2011 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
    • CHUCK D

what are you smoking? "Spears can sing" now that's funny

February 10, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • HoldItAgainstMe

excuse me? do some research before slamming somebody...
      [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-EHR8Quxt8&w=640&h=390]

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63ycag5iIkE&w=640&h=390]

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpFP3B1d_aE&w=640&h=390]

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98wbJRTKpq0&w=640&h=390]

February 11, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  10. scredly

She doesn't even sing well. Her whisper of a voice is buried in effects and auto-tune. She mimes parts/most(?) of her "live" concerts. Rubbish. I have no idea if Ella Fitzgerald or Frank Sinatra played instruments or ever wrote a song but you can bet your bottom they always sang live at their concerts...and without the benefit of today's audio technology like in-ear monitors. No excuses for the sham Britney pulls on her fans.

February 10, 2011 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  11. DFWDelia

How can Sunny say the US has become talentless? I've seen a ton of talent on "American Idol." Or have you not been watching dear?

February 10, 2011 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  12. T-Rex

Brit is still looking good for someone with kids. She got her body back. I would hit it.

February 10, 2011 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  13. Sunny

The U.S. has become talentless because that's what the people want (demand). Can Brittney Spears play an instrument or is she just a singer? Can she read music? I'm not saying she can, I'm asking all of you. I have no idea.

February 9, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lee

Yes, She plays the piano. Very well i might add. She has also composed music and written her own lyrics. A few of her singles were works of her own.

February 10, 2011 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  14. Margo Zargo

I hope so, that show is sooooooooooooooo boreing, and at least there will be one pretty girl there within this circus freak show.

February 9, 2011 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  15. jeannie

Just a bunch of self indulgent talentless FOOLS!

February 9, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Lucretia Borgia

Will anyone even watch the Grammy's?

Will Jack Wagon quit spamming?

February 9, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  17. mad hater

Britney blows, she looks like a shark

February 9, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Jack wagon

Britney said this is her favorite song:

youtube.com/watch?v=BkdL5sfJ7G4

February 9, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Silas

.... Didn't her manger confirm that she wasn't performing ..... so why would they say "no comment" .... its a yes or no question.

February 9, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  20. curly joe

I just hope if she does appear the paparazzi are nowhere near her limo when she alights.

February 9, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Superhiro

They need to do something to boost their relevance. I mean, who cares about the grammys? I dare you to find someone who likes an artist because they won a grammy.

February 9, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Andrew

Well Britney's manager already said she's not performing. Grammy's are just trying to use her to boost their ratings.

February 9, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Superhiro

They still make the Grammys? And artists still go? Color me surprised.

February 9, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  24. JR

JB put the pipe down.

February 9, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  25. JR

Hey Justin Beiber dude...... I'm just saying but you came close to going to far with your BLOG.....just saying.

February 9, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |