February 9th, 2011

Miley Cyrus: The bong was a bad decision

It's not easy being Miley Cryus.

You get that sense in the teen actress/singer's new interview with Marie Claire magazine.

Especially when the now 18-year-old is asked if she really thinks smoking a bong filled with salvia (an herb legally sold in many health food stores) was a mistake, given that some young people her age have smoked illegal substances.

"But they're not Miley Cyrus," the teen star told the magazine. "They're not role models. So for me it was a bad decision, because of my fans and because of what I stand for."

In her first exclusive interview since the bong scandal, Cyrus also talks about her close relationship with Demi Moore, her co-star in the soon to be released comedy "LOL," life on the set of her new film "So Undercover" with Kelly Osbourne and her plan to "spread love and change the world in 2011."

The magazine goes on sale February 15.

Filed under: Celebrities • Miley Cyrus

1. salvia effects

Fantastic site. A lot of helpful info here. I am sending it to several buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious. And naturally, thanks on your sweat!

April 1, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  2. greymare

Oh geez, what kid hasn't tried something ? It's not like she is a stoner. She is getting older, can't be a kid forever. She is going try new things. She isn't Charlie Sheen.....

March 3, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Terrence Wayne

Sorry! I know I'm late to post a comment, but it's been that kind of week. I did see this story on Wednesday, and I have to say that I am still so very happy to hear what Miley had to say about her not-so-well-thought-out decision from last year. It took a lot of courage to come out and admit it was a mistake, and I was overjoyed to know that my faith in her was validated. It's really easy to give in to cynicism these days and think the worst about someone. But deep down inside I knew that she would do the right thing. She came through in the end, and she always will. After reading that story, I said to myself. "That's the Miley I know." It's why I love her still so very much. Always.

February 11, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Really?

FFS, ENOUGH already...

February 10, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Inquiring Mind

Does anyone think Miley likes analingus performed on her?

February 10, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yup

I'm sure she does. She probably has her own little butt-vibe. She's all about the butt, it's in her eyes.

February 10, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Imagine

I wonder if Miley will ever do a "dp"? You know, one in the pink and one in the stink.

February 10, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Imagine

I can imagine Miley's soft, pink bung-hole, and the lucky guy who gets to taste it and slide his eager throbber into it. Or the first guy to look down and watch her savor his root as his man-spackle gushes forth into her eager mouth, eyes wide open with excitement. Oh, Miley, show us your wares, and soon!

February 10, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • brent

oh dude...I just don't know......I mean...well i never....ughh man..... how do you make s3x sound so....disgusting.
      I'm shattered.

February 10, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Justin

She likes one in the pink and one in the stink. One in her yapper, too. Yeah, make her air-tight!

February 10, 2011 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sarah in Texas

I respect her decision to say it was a bad move because of her status as a role model. That being said, I think it's stupid that people are so bothered by it in the first place. It is a legal substance. Kids all across our country her age are doing so much worse. It is shocking to me in my later 20s the things teenagers are doing now. If the worst things people can say about a young celebrity is that she is using a legal substance and acting silly, that sounds pretty good to me.

February 10, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  9. COUNTY GIRL

I HAVE A 10 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER AND WE DO NOT WATCH HER NOR DO WE BUY HER PRODUCTS. SHE IS NOT THE ROLE MODEL I WOULD LIKE MY DAUGHTER TO FOLLOW. MONEY AND FAME CAN CERTAINLY RUIN PEOPLE AND SHE IS A PREFECT EXAMPLE. IT WASN'T LONG AGO SHE WAS TELLING PEOPLE SHE WAS A CHRISTIAN DURING AN INTERVIEW. I AM SURPRISED HER PARENTS HAVE NOT PROVIDED BETTER GUIDANCE FOR HER, AFTER ALL HER FATHER IS FAMOUS AND KNOWS JUST HOW ROUGH THE PUBLIC CAN BE.

February 10, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sarah in Texas

Just wait until your 10-year-old is Miley's age and then see if you are still so high and mighty. I guarantee you your sweet little one will do something non-Christian and unadmirable during her teens, despite your stellar parenting and values.

February 10, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  10. leoncio j. flores

The public is make you money an you the making off the public an you not like what public see of you. Stop being paid by the public.

February 10, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jaycee

I'm going to have to agree with people directing towards parents. If you're childs role model is off the tv, you're doing something wrong as a parent. Try doing more with your kids and maybe they'll actually look up to you. As for her actions, pole dancing is NOT what I would call that, she would never get hired. And so she smoked salvia, would you rather of seen meth and a deezy?? Come on people, get over it.

February 10, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Sleeping Beauty

She is not a good role model but really what actress, actor, singer, model is??? Its do your own thing without regard for the respect of yourself or others. I personally feel Miley has NO talent whatsoever. She never has. And neither has her dad. She is going downhill just like Lohan and all the other spoiled little rich kids who think just because they get that 5 minutes of fame, they can do what ever they want.

February 10, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  13. lance corporal

bong = good idea, salvia = bad idea, good ganja = muuuuuch better idea

February 10, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Marco555

Great, that's we need is to see Hanna Montana on the bail bench with Lohan.

February 10, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  15. MadCityBabe

OMG....this brawd has a brain like a siv......................just shut up!

February 10, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  16. sara

Its really sad that you people can't remember what its like to be a teen. I'm sure we have all tried smoking things one or more times in our life, the good news is we aren't in the public eye with everyone wanting to destroy our lives with one harmless picture. I'm not saying what she did was right but give the girl a break, she has a right to make and learn from her mistakes too! :)

February 10, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Bella

I THINK MILEY CRYUS IS AN MATURE AS SHE IS 18 AND TIME FOR HER TO KEEP MIND OPEN.. GOD SEE HER ON THE WORLD AND SHE HAS LIFE THAT SHE DO MUSIC/ACTRESS THAT WHAT SHE WANT IN HER FUTRE LIFE! ALSO SHE DONT NEED FOLLOWS WHAT TEENS PPLE ABOUT ALOCOHOL/SMOKE ANY AS THATS BAD HEALTH FOR HER........IKNOW HER DAD LOVES HER AND CARE FOR HER......SO SHE NEED SOMETHING CHANGE THE SUBJECT..

February 10, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Jim Morrison

It was weed now sweety come on. You inhaled it too didn't you baby!!

February 10, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  19. daledo

What exactly is she referring to when she says "what I stand for" saying you stand for something and showing it in your actions are 2 different things. She's just like every other PR coached hypocritical celebrity out there, just go away already and take your dad with you!

February 10, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  20. pedro

I would tongue punch her fart box!

February 10, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chester Molester

I would stick my tongue inside her lovely pink_rectum. I'd put a few fingers in the front while I'm at it. Then I'd bury my bone deep in her analsphincter and ram her till she spits corn.

February 10, 2011 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  21. pedro

I would tongue pinch her fart box!

February 10, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  22. vodnas

She says it was Salvia she was smoking? Yeah... rrrrright

February 10, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Doob

Her & her Dad are complete ritards..

February 10, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Jimmy Rigsby

I don't see what the big fuss is. We should be celebrating Miley Cyrus' 18th birthday with her. Send her flowers and candy and wine coolers. At any rate, judging by her father's ability to defy time, it appears as though she will live forever. By comparison, a few minutes of legally tripping her balls off is nothing at all.

February 10, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  25. oz

No way it was salvia. It was definetly weed. She has a good publicist.

February 10, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  26. michael

WHY DO U PPL THINK DRUGS R COOL?

February 10, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  27. michael

drugs r bad. shes a bad person and a dumba$$

February 10, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Miriam

Well I see Miley has regret. But, she doesn't regret smoking out of a bong, she regrets getting caught smoking out of a bong duh!

February 10, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Tim

Hey Miley. Drugs are bad – MMMMMK.

February 10, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  30. j3nni

Who really cares?? Get off these people's backs! They are not God so stop making everything they do such a big deal. They are people and make descions just like the rest of us. Get over yourselves. Their are people being murder and children starving and all the news is concerned about is what celebrities are doing!

February 10, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Joris

i just don't get why people have to be affected by whatever crap is going with teen star nowadays. stay out of business on things that doesn't concern you. there's more to life than getting in to ones inner workings!

February 10, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Red

Hows that Hick father of yours doing since he no longer sings that drool-cup country nonsense? Dont complain. Youre only on the map because of that guy.

February 10, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  33. don

Ah change the world one bong hit at a time... isn't that every stoners ambition?

February 10, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Rock

I want to see the butterfly tat on her mound

February 10, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Meh

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

February 10, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  36. scroo yoo

The only stupid thing she did is smoke that fake crap instead of real marijuana,and apologizing for anything that isnt anyone elses business.

If I was a celebrity and someone had a pic of me smoking,Id just be like 'So,what of it? You have a problem with it?'

February 10, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  37. catche

Who care let the girl do her mistake and learn from there more important stuff going on in the world

February 10, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  38. george mendes

Which Walmart do ,they sell Miley Bongs ! I looked and didnt see one !

February 10, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  39. ipisking

Life is full of choice's, and thats what life is about. Live for yourself.

February 10, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  40. george mendes

Everyone,makes mistakes,her friends were the ones that made money,on the video,they took,which,really was a bad idea,we,look at it as a lesson in life,and she will change,because,of it,I say,no harm ,no foul,just that people,need to look around them,and say,are you a true friend,or a back stabber,people trying to make money off ,people,and their lives,is wrong,Miley, will turn around,and will be better than ever,u'll see,you get knock down,get back up,and get rid of friends,that take personal gain,for them !

February 10, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  41. Marco555

Why misuse a perfectly good bong with Salvia? Someone should have busted out the high grade.

February 10, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  42. rockhound

Well I think its funny how juge mental people are she's old unough to what ever its just pot hell every one duz it so blaze on. Nor*cal

February 10, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  43. g-sliceBreck

Honestly who cares. Almost as important as Phelps' bong hit. Why don't we talk about things that matter, like America's addiction to alcohol and prescription medication WHICH ACTUALLY KILL!!!

February 10, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  44. Vajetarian

I hope Miley isnt a meat eater.

February 10, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Rock

I dont know – I bet she likes some meat inside her. I know my little Snooki does. She was well-fed last night.

February 10, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  45. derp

"Cyrus says she 'made a mistake' using bong"

Yes, papers would have been a better idea. With a bong you have that nasty water left over to deal with. With papers, you just twist it up, burn it down, and you are done.

February 10, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  46. jlr

You want to blame someone for miley cyrus behaviour? blame california for making her an immancipated minor at 15! billy ray tried to keep control on her. she fought back thinking she could raise herself better. and as for demi being a role model she's done some questionable things even bruce willis tried to stop her for as an adult. miley comes from southern family, and southern families usually takes a switch to a disobediant child. that's what mom/dad should have done. unfortunately that's not popular in today's society. So behold you have kids acting foolish because no discipline, no structure and telling their parents what to do instead of the other way around. if miley's smart(and I'm sure she is ) she'll think 1st. act 2nd. save herself some hyprocasy.

February 10, 2011 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  47. Nathan

I have children and still can't make myself care whether miley cyrus or any other celebrity smokes salvia out of a bong. I would also not care in the least if she smoked cannabis. Salvia is relatively unresearched, but at least we know that the substance usually smoked out of bongs is less harmful than alcohol or tobacco!

February 10, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  48. ceebo

Ann onyamass your a f*#king moron !!!

February 10, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  49. fred johnson

You all really need to get a life.

February 10, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  50. Leilani

OMG!! The girl is 18!! Not 13!.. Everyone have done stupid things as teenagers... come on.. she will make plenty more dumb decisions until she realizes they are dumb.. lol.. People are so judgmental, especially people with kids... If you're worried about Miley Cyrus being a role model for your children....u are NOT doing your job, because YOU SHOULD BE YOUR KIDS' ROLE MODEL, NOT CELEBRITIES, WHO DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT YOUR CHILD EXISTS.....

February 10, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  51. Jeff

Miley lost some of her credibility after the dance pole incident, and more after the salvia video went public. She should be more careful in the future.

February 10, 2011 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  52. Delores W

Really a stupid decision on Miley's part to "smoke" a bong. This is probably what happened to Lindsay Lohan. Everyone said "oh, it's nothing.". "She's of age". "Everyone experiments". "Harmless". Obviously, not. Keep it clean and untattooed and maybe you'll be able to share your talent with the rest of us for many years to come.

February 10, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  53. marco

Like little john say YEEAAH! pass it on babygirl.

February 10, 2011 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  54. michael hagood

Everyone makes mistakes myley. some people make huge mistakes and others make little mistakes like yours. dont beat yourself up. learn grow and move forward. you will outshine the dirt pedaling media on any given day and by the way i love your version of every rose has its thorn. bret was a friend of mine when that song was written.

February 10, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Jimmy Cornhole

You are Bret are no longer friends? Say he turned hetero on ya huh.

February 10, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  55. News for the Kiddys

For all the kids reading this...here is something for ya. Much of the THC is absorbed into the water. So after all the drugs be sure to drink the bong water. Its a high you will never forget.

February 10, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  56. Jack

Was a mistake? Oh, getting that fifth tattoo was a _good_ idea....

February 10, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  57. John

She looks like one of the gay dudes that walk the streets of Hollywood.

February 10, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  58. JulesTheHater

wow...did everyone forget that Demi was the 'poster child' for a young adult with many substance problems. Demi used to drink and drug with her own mother. Hopefully she will be a positive influence. Miley may think well Demi did drugs for years and she turned out ok. Parents are supposed to be the role models not these so called stars.

February 10, 2011 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  59. Mr Menmoth

I will never understand our obsession with the lives of celebrites. So the little twerp smoked some fake weed, big deal! Kids want someone to look up to other than their parents it should be doctors, nurses, police officers, firefighters, teachers, soldiers; those people who make the world better every day! If your greatest ambition is to emulate the daughter of a has-been country music singer JUST because you saw her on a tv show, then I wish you the best in your life of sad dissapointments and hopeless failures. Kids: look up to someone who deserves it. I'll get off my soapbox now...

February 10, 2011 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  60. SAY WHAT

I think that she is a teenager. Remember when we were all teenagers and did things that we shouldnt have, be it drugs or underage drinking.... It sucks for her cause all the things she is donig as a teenager that we all sucessfully hid from our parents is splashed all over the media. She does have to choose her friends wisely but the media should back off her, she is still a kid, trying to figure stuff out.. just imagine if you were under a microscope like that!

February 10, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  61. Justin Beiber

You can eat yo dinner
    eat yo poke an beans
    I eat more chicken
    any man eva seen ooooh yyyeeeaaa uhh

BACK DOE MAIN!!!!

Men dont know what the little girl understand.

February 10, 2011 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  62. just to add....

The point is that ..yes..Miley is human and going to make mistakes..but when you choose to be in a position of leadership you have to make better decisions than the norm. A girl scout leader would not choose to do legal or illegal drugs because the position they have chosen...nor would the president of the united states. point is...yes we all make mistakes and do things...but when you have chosen a life of being a model for people..in any way shape or form..you also need to decide that you will make wise choices. if you no longer can carry on good choices then you need to resign in your position..as would any other figure.

February 10, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Scout Leader

Oh Contraire...we like to go campin get high then have our way with "the campers".

February 10, 2011 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  63. thomas

who cares.....really why do we publize these ppl so much....sad part is there is probably thousand of lil gurls going out just to try it bc they heard miley did it....u remember brittney spears kiss madana on tv? i knew 5 gurls that went out and found gurlfriends bc it was kewl......just remember they need to stop putting some of these stories in the news....bc other gurls and boys will follow suit...

February 10, 2011 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Justin Beiber

You are so RIGHT. Thomas, do you have a boy you would like to kiss? If not, Im available.

February 10, 2011 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  64. RodRoderick

not sure who Miley Cyrus is, but if she's willing to pick up a bong, I'm willing to support whatever it is she's doing...

February 10, 2011 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  65. WWRRD

When are people going to realize that heaping all of this attention and money on these youthful stars is a bad idea. It is hard enough transitioning from a kid to an adult. It's worse when you are idolized and have all of this money thrown at you that enables whatever poor choices you want to make.

I don't get this obsession with celebrities. People treat them like they are the world authority on politics, health care, environmental sciences. Most of them before they became famous actors waited tables at restaraunts. Have you asked your waiter for advice on Global warming lately?

February 10, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  66. chong

I hope your kids don't see that other video they made where she doing lines off of Lindsay's ass.

February 10, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  67. big AL

For those "good" people who make bad choices, read Debbie Fords book "Why Good People Make Bad Choices". This sheds light about why people act out!

February 10, 2011 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  68. big AL

For those "good" people who make bad choices, read Debbie Fords book "Why Good People Make Bad Choices". This sheds light about why peiple act out!

February 10, 2011 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  69. Um booyah tig bitties

I'd bong her boohole while licking her belly button and yepping her all over

February 10, 2011 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  70. big AL

Shouldn't Miley Cyrus look up the true definition of a "Role Model". As for @me, permission to film Miley Cyrus? She wasn't being compensated for a role or endorsement! Got it?

February 10, 2011 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  71. A CNN Reader

When is she going to appear in Playboy or Hustler??? That'll be one issue I'll buy for sure!

February 10, 2011 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  72. WHOOPI MATTHEWS

الموت لمايلي شهادة! سيلينا جوميز يعيش طويلا

February 10, 2011 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  73. Drive In Saturday

Beibers next project...

(uh uh aaah) Let me put my arms around your head
    (dom du aaah) Gee, it's hot, let's go to bed
    Don't forget to turn on the light
    Don't laugh babe, it'll be alright
    (dom du aaah) Pour me out another phone
    (dom du aaah) I'll ring and see if your friends are home
    Perhaps the strange ones in the dome
    Can lend us a book we can read up alone

And try to get it on like once before
    When people stared in Jagger's eyes and scored
    Like the video films we saw

February 10, 2011 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  74. Uncle Henry

I would like to bang her bonghole.

February 10, 2011 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  75. D

I would smoke Justins Bong!

February 10, 2011 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  76. shifty

Least its not crack

February 10, 2011 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  77. Timme62

Give her time, she will self destruct just like Lohan.

February 10, 2011 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  78. Greg

Who gives a crap? Miley is a trailer park piece of hick trash. Let her smoke it. Let her shoot up. Let her put a gun in her mouth. Let's move on. THIS is why America is fast becoming the dumbest country on earth.

February 10, 2011 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  79. Head shop

Go organic, try dried banana peels.

February 10, 2011 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  80. Justin Beiber

I used to smoke Pot but now I just smoke old men.

February 10, 2011 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  81. Bob Marley

Legalize it
    Dont Creeticize it
    And I advertise it, Mahn

February 10, 2011 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  82. Black Sabbath

I love you Sweetleaf....OOOH YEA BAAABEEEHHHH!!!!

February 10, 2011 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
  83. alltyme

Of course she made bad decision! Smoking saliva? That is irresponsible and a show of bad judgement on her part. She should have been smoking some kush instead...

LEGALIZE!

February 10, 2011 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
  84. Snoop

H EL L she come fizzle my schizzle and dump the bongizzle.

February 10, 2011 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
  85. Billy Ray

In my earlier day we would smoke from a bong and do it often. Where ya think I got that silly haircut from?

February 10, 2011 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  86. Bill Clinton

As long as she didnt inhale she should be fine.

February 10, 2011 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  87. babygirl

Also, the position of role model has been divinely ordained to the parents of the children. If you are encouraging your kids to emulate someone other than the positive standard that you set, then there is something wrong. The parents are suppose set the standard in the child's life not society, celebrities, or common folk. If you don't have a moral compass or guideline, then how do you expect your kid to have one? They would follow whomever is acceptable in their eyes; which in many cases would be people that they see doing things their parents do. Some of y'all go out and buy celebrity merchandise and pushing your kids to look and act like Hannah Montana instead of encouraging them to be themselves and have some INDIVIDUALITY. They want to look, act, and sing like a "Disney Star" instead of you teaching them to have their own style in everything they do. Y'all are creating miniture carbon copies of each celebrity knowing that God created all of us differently for a reason.

February 10, 2011 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
  88. TJ

OMG Its the end of her carreer she smoked salvia nOoooo miley nooooo, Who cares just because she's a teen star? There's more important things goin on in the world than a teenie bopper smoking salvia,if it was crack I'd understand but its not,and finally 18 well hey there miley

February 10, 2011 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  89. Charlie

A certain very large retailer found what she did was offensive, so are demanding she apologize or they'll yank her product from their stores faster than you cough up a lung. And that's just the way it works, and sometimes I'm actually quite happy about that. It creates a system of accountability without gov't involvement.

February 10, 2011 at 7:39 am | Report abuse |
  90. babygirl

I never did drugs or drank as I was growing up and I'm 28 now. It was a personal choice for me cause I've seen friends use and drink and it wasn't at all appealing. Plus, I had parents who would sit down with me and talk openly about such things. It's good that most of you are concerned for Miley, but you also have to remember that your words can become a driving force to do such things as drugs and drink. I think Miley is a good kid and a lot of things that she does gets blown out of proportion because she is in the public eye. She is trying to feel her way around just like the rest of us, and true, her decision to smoke this herb may not have been wise; but we all makes choices that may seem like an awesome idea at first until after it's done and we realize that maybe it wasn't as hot an idea as we intially thought. The key here is to be empathetic to others. You never know what another person is going throught or thinking until you speak with them personally or live it for yourselves.

February 10, 2011 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
  91. Brian Brain

Another child star on a precipitous path. Ho hum.........

February 10, 2011 at 7:26 am | Report abuse |
  92. robby

Well in my option marijuana should be legal because it safer than salvia. Look marijuana is pretty much same as alcohol
    But alcohol have no medical benefit all it do is destory ur liver. And get in accident cuz it number 2 death tolls in the usa. Marijuana is the bottom of the list cigeratte can kill u only very slowly but marijuana don't period. If marijuana should be illgeal then alcohol should be illgeal too. In my option alcohol was illgeal in 1920's and now become legal so will marijuana too. But peoples are too dumb to see it.

February 10, 2011 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
  93. OneLove

I remember this one time IN BAND CAMP I SMOKED A FAT AZZ JOINT OF SOME FIRE (good weed for those who dont know).... Is anyone mad that I smoke....well I guess not so why are yall hatein on her....I'm sure her Dad did or should say does....(Dont break my heart my ackey,,breaky,,heart) I crack myself up....Lol (OneLove)

February 10, 2011 at 7:06 am | Report abuse |
  94. Whatever!

Smoking someone else's saliva! That's sick.

February 10, 2011 at 6:37 am | Report abuse |
  95. Fi

I personally think they need to leave that girl alone. She is Just a Typical teenager in the United States trying to grow up. It is just The Fax of life of growing up Now days and it is just a reality of everyday living for teen america. There is more peer pressure in the schools of North America and then there is from her. Miley Cyrus Is just a victim of every day life herself. There is even more peer pressure in the homes of these teens Then there is from this girl.

February 10, 2011 at 5:16 am | Report abuse |
  96. scott

I like the fact that she has the sense to see herself as a role model and is trying to take steps to improve. So many performers (see Lohan and Spears and Sheen) don't feel any responsibilty at all. Kids do watch how their idols act and do emulate them. If Miley comes out and says kids don't do this cause its bad for you, she just saved parents a whole lotta trouble.

February 10, 2011 at 5:01 am | Report abuse |
  97. scott

I would bone her too!!

February 10, 2011 at 4:56 am | Report abuse |
  98. lilliaana

Omg she is a teenager getting high. Get over it people. If she is your child's role model, then shame on you the parent.

February 10, 2011 at 3:23 am | Report abuse |
  99. fredrico

Miley put something green in tHat bong. Come to WA state and get a medical Marijuana card. Luv ya Grl

February 10, 2011 at 2:41 am | Report abuse |
  100. deleted

Miley is still young and growing. Let's not be so hard on her. We all have made and continue to make mistakes.

February 10, 2011 at 2:31 am | Report abuse |
  101. doggy dave

All you people baggin on Miley need to stop. Get a life and worry about your own. You have your own personal life that is not getting blasted all over the media, let Miley have hers. And how about the idiots stop worrying about grammer and stick to commenting on the story.

February 10, 2011 at 2:21 am | Report abuse |
  102. Zoe Matthews

Oh my word. most of these comments make me sick. she is human. she is a girl. get the freak over it people. put yourslef in her shoes would you like these things being said about you? i should think not! and you jerks talking about how would do her blah blah you most likely are lacking in size when it comes to that department and trying to compensate for what you lack. you are fooling noone. i neither condone miley cyrus....nor judge. merely because first off i have no place to judge.;i am not without my faults and lastly she has not done anything for me to condone

February 10, 2011 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
  103. kk

I mean seven years ago. it also permanently damaged my inner spell check.

February 10, 2011 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  104. kk

I smoked salvia about sevne years ago. Little orange soldiers marched up my legs. Pot was nice, but I wouldn't recommend salvia.

February 10, 2011 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  105. Sadiehyde

If that hadn't had 'you're kids' for 'your kids' it would have had just a little more validity. Nobody in Hollywood should be a role model. I plan to teach my daughter that the people to admire and emulate are the ones who help people without thinking of their financial reward or fame- teachers, nurses,
    scientists researching treatments and cures for diseases, people who fight for the rights of oppressed...she'll be allowed one idiot celebrity to fawn over. Maybe. If celebrity passes whatever arbitrary test my husband and I come up with to deem 'acceptable' but regardless, we will impress upon her, or do our damnedest to try, that being famous is not an indicator of character. Certainly there are celebrities who do try and do good with their fame, and these acts should be commended, but nobody should choose a teenager as a role model.

February 10, 2011 at 1:39 am | Report abuse |
  106. Tiffany H

Im not judging her, I think she is an amazing artist and shes only human, shes going to make mistakes. I just think its funny that she got caught smoking out a bong. Im 19 and I know plenty people smoke out of bongs but its a shocker when a celebrity does is it because people actually look up to them. But like I said before shes only human. One last thing to all you people trying to be English teachers, relax! Im pretty sure these people know how to spell! Geeshhh lol

February 10, 2011 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Giampaolo

I am more disturbed that this girl is considered an "artist," than I am concerned she smoked a bong. To call her "an amazing artist" would be laughable if it weren't so disturbing. If these are the kind of "artists" this country supports with incredible financial resources it makes me wonder if Michelangelo were alive today, and American, he'd probably be a gardener for one of our societies "amazing artists."

February 10, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Robert

So...role models and those that look up to them have two standards? Isn't the concept of a role model that the role model keeps to a certain standard that others aspire to?

What I hear Miley Cyrus saying is it was wrong to smoke the bong because people look up to her. What I don't hear her saying is that those that look up to her shouldn't be doing it either.

February 10, 2011 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
  108. Magnum

Clearly many of you have forgotten what it is like to be a teen, and clearly none of you experimented at all with anything because most of you are clearly perfect. Wow I wish I was that perfect. Who gives a damn, if she wasn't a celebrity it wouldn't even be brought up.

February 10, 2011 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  109. jason

Some of you need to stop worrying so much about other ppl and learn how to spell. That's more bothersome than an 18 year old using a legal substance. Oh and just an fyi, you're kids are more then likely going to smoke pot in their lifetime, get over it! God if all it takes is one picture of your child's role model to influence them, then you must not have done you're job in the first place.

February 10, 2011 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  110. Zombie Rick James

Salvia aint nothin new. Lemme tell you another thing......it aint got nothin on coke. Coke.....issa helluva drug. Need some brains.....

February 10, 2011 at 1:06 am | Report abuse |
  111. shut up

*incorrect

February 10, 2011 at 1:01 am | Report abuse |
  112. shut up

There are so many grammatically in correct statements in this thread. Instead of ragging on Miley, learn how to spell and punctuate.

February 10, 2011 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
  113. rusty

i got a bong she can suck on

February 10, 2011 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
  114. Crystal

Poor girl. Leave miley alone and pick on Li-lo instead. At least theft is a real crime, not smoking a legal drug. Pa-leeze!

February 10, 2011 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  115. UrBUTTizMine

Y

February 10, 2011 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  116. fallen from grace

Wow it's people like the ones who are judging miley for what she did make me realize what a screwed up society we actually live in. those of you who are judging her need to take a hard long look in the mirror and realize she is not perfect and neither are any of you judgemental snobs. I have 3 children and I would never show them it is ok to judge people. you dont know miley personally and you wouldn't like it if someone judged u without knowing who u are famous or not.

February 10, 2011 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  117. Tiffany H

Excuse me but Miley says she was smoking Salvia? Was the salvia tested? Lol personally I think she was smoking marijuana! Lets be realistic!

February 10, 2011 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  118. david

why something so cheap? Doesnt she have money for a little better quality?

February 10, 2011 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  119. jack shid

what ?

February 9, 2011 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  120. none ya

Wow I'm so surprised how quicly people are to judge but when they do something wrong they r the last to admit it , this world is getting a little self centered ! She is a human being and guess what humans make mistakes , she made hers she said publicaly she was wrong so gesse leave her alone ! These sort of coments are what make people depressed and do more drugs possibly overdose and die so I'm gonna fallow a phrase I was tought growing up IF U DONT HAVE ANYTHING NICE To SAY ThEN DONT SAy ANYTHING @ ALL !!!!!

February 9, 2011 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  121. ARAGONA REBEL

Almost all of yall think what she did was wrong but in some ways she is still a kid, everyone still is a kid in a way and i think she just grow up to fast and i know ive done wrong in the past but ive learned from my mistakes and she will too so lay off of her because every person who said something about how she is wrong you need to look at your past and see if you did something you had to learn from so chill

February 9, 2011 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  122. René

Miley Cirus is NOT a role model!!! Just because she's in the public eye and a bunch of kids like her does not make her a role model. Furthermore, she's not amitted to taking on that responsibility. She's just another young person experiencing, maybe not wisely sometimes but still, it's none of your business!!! She doesn't owe anyone an apology. If somoeone is disappointed in her, that's that person's problem. Now, if it becomes an issue and she starts hurting people due to that, then it's a whole ballgame and she still wouldn't owe the public an apology.
    And I'm not a druggy.

February 9, 2011 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  123. dec

Why is she acting so grown up and responsible now? Why didn't she have this mindset before she smoked? She is not a role model. She is trying to clean up her image and is trying to come off as a good girl. She is a MESS!!!!!!!!

February 9, 2011 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Federico

Whos with me

February 9, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Federico

Id love to eat mileys a$$ whole

February 9, 2011 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • OH YES!!!!

IM with ya!!! I would like to eat sushi from between her legs!!

February 10, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • T-Rex

I want to eat baby ruth bars as they emerge from her butt.

February 10, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Turdle petting

As the baby turdles peek out from her anus I want to bite their heads off.

February 10, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aszman

Love all the butt references. Wish there were more. Love that starfish!

February 10, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Imagine

What her wrinkled star must taste like? I'd love to punch that raisin, see the white goo seep from her starfish as it blows white bubbles. I'd like to tongue-punch her fart-box.

February 10, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  126. LOLSTATION

Miley,

I'm sure it was pot and not Salvia. Not fooling me...kthanks.

February 9, 2011 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Federico

I would eat miley cyrus's as$ hole..

February 9, 2011 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  128. David

Salvia is damn dangerous. Tried it once and NEVER again,and that's coming from someone that's done my fair share of drugs in the past.. As far as miley,now that she's 18,I'd slam her,spin her,and go smooth up in her..no celebrity of any kind should be claimed a role model,especially at her age,that's just ignorrance on society's part!! Salvia should be banned for good!! Thnx for reading..lol.. Not!!

February 9, 2011 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Beautiful Vixen

I don't really like her and I honestly don't know why but big deal she tried it. I smoked pot when I was 18, didn't like it because all it did was made sleep and eat things I would never would eat..lol. Jeeze some of you walk around like you are as perfect as Jesus. You may not smoke but I am sure you at least had a drink or two.

February 9, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Val

Miley miley miley! I don't feel bad for her whatsoever. She's 18, a rule model to many people, one of the most successful people of the 21st century and she goes out to smoke. Illegal or not she still did it. Her choice. In the beginning she was great but she was 12. I get that shes changed but this is out of the picture and unacceptable.

February 9, 2011 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  131. JB

Role model???? Ahhhh...parents, hide your chidlren!! Just what do you stand for? Pole dancing, bong hits, etc.

February 9, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Neil n Kansas

I love Miley Cyrus!

February 9, 2011 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Venice

First of all its not illegal and its not a drug its an herb. Rock on miley next time just dont let them videotape you

February 9, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  134. abdoulaye

all i can say about this one is shes gettin the best of one world and the worst of the other

February 9, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  135. mario

That's was up for but you should of smoke chronic

February 9, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  136. klassie

I really like miley.people need 2 relize we all make mistake and she did now she can learn from it we got 2 remember we where young 2 .if you just leave her alone and give her some space it will b alrite

February 9, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  137. whack job

February 9, 2011 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  138. andy

salvia is worse than any other drug out there, legal and illegal.

February 9, 2011 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  139. whack job

Stupid drugheads. If you need to alter your mind to deal with your life, maybe you should alter your life. >:(

February 9, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • open your mind before your mouth

Altered states of consciousness is extremely natural and human.. just look to your own emotions. Some people, obviously not you seek alternate experiences that do change their life in profound ways.. its not about escaping or dealing with life.. smoking saliva is in human history for longer than anything that you would consider to be a solid component of your comfortable, modern, and closeminded lifestyle.. seeking altered states in ritualized practice is more human than eating nitrogen and preservative plagued food, driving a car on fossil fuels, watching tv, and giving it all away to a capitalist dominating culture and lifestyle that's raping the planet and its biodiversity.

February 10, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Col T

Yet another up and coming a waste of humanity.

February 9, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Lindsay

Salvia is legal. How about all you parents start being your childrens role models and stop depending on Hollywood to do YOUR job and raise your own damn kids!!

February 9, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  142. JP

HOW COULD ONE THE BEST LOOKED UP TO DISNEY STARS DO SOMETHING SO RONG... NOT COOL AT ALL AND PERSONALLY I DONT BY IT AT ALL... THE BONG THING I MEAN.......... PLUSE I BET THE JOE BROS AINT LIKEN THIS AT ALL..........

February 9, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  143. deeppenetratingaction

All you judgemental tools are so lame. Wow i bet you're all a blast to hang out with. And your perfect choices in life have allowed you all to make such awesome positive contributions to the world. A holes.

February 9, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Tally

Thanks Karen! :)

February 9, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Karen

Well said Tally

February 9, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Tally

I just don't think she's a positive role model for young girls anymore. Hannah Montana has gone to the wayside and was great while it lasted. My 8 year old daughter and I had a discussion about why Miley is no longer a good role model for her. She (my daughter) said it's because Miley is growing up and wants to do things that aren't appropriate for girls her (my daughter's) age. So my 8 year old, on her own, chose to take down the posters and get rid of the clothing. She kept the CDs and the movie, and I was okay with that. Teenagers do stupid stuff sometimes. I did, we all did. Fortunately for me, I didn't have people following me around waiting for something to post on Facebook or you tube. If you don't like Miley, simply don't follow her or her adventures in Holly weird. :)

February 9, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  147. napoleon bennett

Actually Riley a "Y" is a vowel. if you put an in front of yo-yo it wouldn't make sense, so you learn the english language.

February 9, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ napoleon the idiot bennett

Actually Y can be regarded as BOTH a vowel and a consonant. You fail.

February 10, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  148. D

She just...annoys me...I don't care what she does for fun...if it was legal..then why apologize? I wouldn't have. I would have said 'F*** you, I'm an adult and I made the decision to smoke a legal substance, just like alcohol or cigarettes.' If you think someone is a poor role model, don't follow them or let your kids follow them.

February 9, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  149. adAM

The type of Salvia people smoke is a 25-60x concentrate that makes you hallucinate your balls off for 2-7 mins not the pure salvia leaves for tea in a health food store. for a breif time it is stronger than an LSD trip. I would have rather admitted to pot smoking than using a heavy albiet semi legal hallucinogen...

February 9, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Jam

Poor little miley i feel so bad for her.She is so rich and cant even smoke legal drugs.I dont see what the problem is.if her little fans want to act like her let them.

February 9, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Miley's fan

I want Miley OG

February 9, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  152. b a ny

That couldnt have been the first time. are we really that stupid? thats the olny time she got CAUGHT.

February 9, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  153. ritzy

She wanted to get caught and made sure we would find out...or she just magically forget who she was

February 9, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Ws

Hope she's saving her money.

February 9, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Jam

Poor little miley i feel so bad for her.She is so rich and cant even smoke legal drugs.I dont know why everyone has a problem with that.I mean why cant her 12 year old fans emulate her the way she deserves to be emulated.

February 9, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  156. -ME-

Everyone has done something wrong one time or another just because she is a celeb she gets looked at diffrently....mabe some of you should look at what your kids are doing ...or even yourself is it any better. stop judging people you only see on tv or hear about

February 9, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  157. Big Mike

Miley is an F'ing obnoxious idiot.

February 9, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Riley Martin

It seems that you are the idiot Big Mike. Learn to speak the english language. It's "a f'ing obnoxious idiot" not "an f'ing obnoxious idiot." You only use the word an before a word that begins with a vowel. Anyway who cares how stupid she is...I would so bone her.

February 9, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Riley is dumb

It seems that you truly are the idiot, Riley.
      You use the word "an" before a word that begins with a vowel OR sounds like it begins with a vowel.

February 9, 2011 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • You're both idiots

"an" is only used before a vowel sound (not all vowels). you wouldn't say "I have an unique dragon tattoo" but you are right it is "an f'ing..." like "an hour" "a unit"

get it?

if you're conflicted, it's a good idea to say the phrase outloud slowly. Listen to how it sounds

hth

February 9, 2011 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • PhoenixRising

Um, I think Big MIke meant is to sound like this: What an effin' idiot
      Therefore, his use of "an" before "effin" (beginning with vowel e) is appropriate.
      At least, that's how I see it.

February 10, 2011 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
    • PhoenixRising

Whoops! Should read: meant *it* to sound
      I know the grammar police are out in force tonight....

February 10, 2011 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  158. scott

I think every one need to stay out of the acters stuff. if one of use did that it would not be all over the news i smoke weed and drink beer here and the and i have kids that look up to me but i dont have people puting it out there for every one to no. its not like she was walking down the street or flashing it around lil kid i dont be the problem with it and i think she is hot.......

February 9, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  159. me

I think the parents are to blame if this is who their teenage girls look up to for a role model. She is just a teenage girl. They do things like this whether we like it or not. Why not look up to Hillary Clinton or the First Lady? Stars are trying to get noticed and make money not be role models.

February 9, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  160. jules

When you can claim you never did anything wrong as a teen, I give you right to judge. I don't care @Miley (my kids don't follow her) but it must be suck to live in a fishbowl. (But hey-get over it- you're making $ right!)

February 9, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Robert

"When you can claim you never did anything wrong as a teen, I give you right to judge."

Judging and condemning are two different things. You formed a judgement (yes, a.k.a. an opinion) in your mind based on your own and society's standards after reading this article and expressed it. Ironically, it's the condemning, the passing sentence, that you don't have the right to do (unless you are a legally appointed or elected judge or magistrate). :)

Therefore, whether someone did something wrong as a teen or not is irrelevant to their ability to judge. I would say in fact that anyone who did do a thing, or considered it but made the conscious decision not to do the thing, have more of a right to judge that thing than someone who never heard of the thing or had the opportunity to do it...the former have either direct experience or information they gathered, while the latter have neither experience nor information to draw on.

February 10, 2011 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Um

@Robert. Your response was long there fore boring shutup if you can't say it in under 3 books. Thnx

February 10, 2011 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  161. ken

If this girl had any talent, I'd be worried. Her15 minutes is just about over.

February 9, 2011 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  162. tashafromTexas

She is channeling Demi Moore in this interview – there are plenty of previous examples showing that she doesn't care about responsibility or being a role model. (1) The cover she did for Vanity Fair; (2) the pole dancing at the Teen Choice Awards. Her parents seem to condone being irresponsible, so once she gets away from Demi, she'll resort back to her troubled ways (and she'll have the money to do it).

February 9, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • HowISeeIt

You are sadly uninformed, hun, as are many others in this world. Do you think she really creates her own image? No, her publicist does that and she gets little or no say. Do you think she choreographs her own stage routines? No, her choreographer does that. Do you think that the Vanity Fair photos were any worse than pictures that some 14-15 year olds take? They arent. Do you think she picks the outfits and scenes and situations presented in her music videos? No, an array of people handle that. The truth is that so many people work into the things she says and does and she really doesn't have that much control.

February 20, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Lisababy

At least miley has figured it out. lindsay is as yet in the dark and fumbling for the switch, no mentor in this girl. Mileys still got a bright future.

February 9, 2011 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  164. calin

Who the hell cares?

February 9, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  165. a3

A few years back salvia was the thing to do in my little circle of friends. Some of them did it all the time but once was enough for me. That stuff is really really crazy. 7 minutes of hell that seemed like forever. And this stuff comes in higher stengths! Its illegal in some states now.

February 9, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  166. tina

I say if cigarettes are legal, then pot should be legal...PROVIDED and you smoke it in your house ONLY and not while driving and stick a tax on it like you do cigarettes and cigars and pipe tobacco.

February 9, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  167. April

Wow..what hypocrisy! I'm sure everyone who posts here never did anything wrong when they were teens. She's made some bad choices, but why does it matter to anyone except her family. How 'bout we start taking pictures of YOUR teenagers and posting their mistakes on the web? I don't give a fig about Cyrus, either good OR bad.

February 9, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

I agree, When I done it at 17 it was not news worthy..... along with most everyone else

February 10, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  168. jg

Wow, ok, Miley has made many bad decisions, yea illegal drug use is a mistake, don't she have parents or a moral compase? I like her, but she just seams dumb sometimes. Maybe all teens are these days. Hello, don't ruin your career for drugs or drinking. IT's millions of dollars at stake. Please learn from other dumb teen stars and hire a driver, no drunk driving either !

February 9, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • rationalism

A. Salvia is legal B. It's a powerful psychadellic so it's nothing like alcohol C. morality is subjective and if she didn't harm anybody I don't see any irresponsibility... and smoking a legal herb that immobolizes you, is unpleasant and dissolves boundaries has little to do with alcoholism or addiction.. most people don't smoke saliva again after trying it once

February 9, 2011 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • rationalism X2

on top of what rationalism just said, it doesnt say anything about her driving on salvia and or after drinking, not sure why that point was thrown in there

February 10, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  169. Ann Onyamas

Making a white trash, mental midget, inbreed, incest victim a role model was also a bad idea. She will make Britney and Lindsey look like nuns in the next few years,when she goes off the rails.

February 9, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hehehe

I can't wait to see her and bieber train wreck at the same time.

February 9, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • lilfro22

You both come across as crass and more than a little wacky.

February 9, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pudintange

That is such a cynical and mean spirited thing to say. I hope u both are bu r@p€d while bieber and cyrus have kids together.

February 10, 2011 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
    • @ Ann Onyamas

Speaking from personal experience? Takes one to know one, it seems.

You just showed us how classless you truly are with your commentary.

February 10, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Truthwillsetyoufree

Ya, a vaporizer would have been a better choice....

February 9, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  171. me

Wait- salvia is legal??!! I'll have to look for it. It's probaly safe.
    I'm not a fan of Miley's, but I feel bad for her- she was filmed without her permission. She has to watch out for who she hangs out with!

February 9, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • jg

I don't feel bad for her. She is just stupid to be useing any kind of drug, legal or not! AS for the person that took the pic of her with out her permission. I think they are really being her friend, she needs to get off her "i'm better then everyone" pedistal and realize she has a problem.

February 9, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • kbdidit

It's certainly not safer than marijuana.

It seems to have a different effect for different people, but for some, it's like a 5 minute acid trip, sooooo, try it at your own risk.

February 9, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • edsr

Miley needs to be "bonged" on top of her head with a baseball bat!

February 10, 2011 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
    • mary

jg...how do you know she has a problem? Is it really necessary to be so harsh? She is a young girl in the spotlight all the time, with people just looking to show her doing something questionable. Many, many people her age do, have done, are doing or will do the same thing. True, it would be best if none of them did, but it does not automatically mean they 'have a problem'. Those of us who don't know Miley (or any other famous person) personally have no idea what she is really like day to day. We only see what others want us to see and sometimes that's not really what the person is all about. Time will tell about Miley. I hope she keeps her head about her and is very successful in her life.

February 10, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
    • sick of miley

What?!? Celebrities are videotaped without their permission when they are doing something suspect? Shocker! Can't feel sorry for Miley, stupid little twit. Self-centered little brat.

February 11, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  172. JWOWW

She kind of looks like the Olsen twins on this cover. FETCH.

February 9, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  173. dave

Mine was filled with -cough cough cough COUGH COUGH! I'm sorry, what were we talking about?

February 9, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cort

HAHAHA...DAve, I am so right there with you buddy!! lol

February 9, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • sehrish

LOL...right with you!!! man they make it such a big deal..at least she waited till she was 18..most kids now try it in middle sko0l...so she tried it...yea she's a role model, but the parents are the responsible ones...i bet if kids werent looking upto her, then they would still try it! STUPID!!!

February 9, 2011 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jezmundberserker

Aye aye, Cap'n Dave!

February 10, 2011 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
    • stranger steve

I would marry her in a heartbeat. Straight up.–stranger Steve out–

February 10, 2011 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
    • TheAlaskaCurmudgeon

Yo, Dave, where'd ya hide the Doritos?

February 10, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Trillstone

Then you would have YOU blow YOU? Woah dude, that's messed up.

February 9, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  175. D

lol

February 9, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  176. Ryan

Nice. I lke that.

February 9, 2011 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  177. k

Did they get worse over time?

February 10, 2011 at 6:47 am | Report abuse |