Love was in the air on 'Glee'
February 9th, 2011

Love was in the air on 'Glee'

"Glee" was bitten by a love bug on Tuesday night.

It seems like everyone was crushing on everyone else during the Valentine's Day episode: Rachel was loving Finn; Finn was loving Quinn; Quinn was torn between Finn and Sam; Kurt is still smitten with Blaine and Blaine had the hots for a dude who worked at The Gap.

But the award for the possible power couple award absolutely has to go to Puck and Lauren. Being a woman of substance myself, I loved watching Lauren break Puck down in his attempts to woo her.

Note to Puck: never, ever serenade a woman with Queen's' "Fat Bottom Girls." It's a wonder Lauren didn't throw him into the lockers instead of Santana. Ahh, Santana. How we love her devious manipulations, including giving Finn mono so he would pass it on to Quinn and folks would know they were cheating with each other.

Finn also seemed infected by his ex-girlfriend Rachel's arrogance as he declared himself the high school hottie and set up a kissing booth to raise money for show choir. So nice to see him give back.

Of course my heart belonged to Blaine, who completely embarrassed himself at The Gap by serenading the dude with Thicke's song "When I Get You Alone." (Sidebar: "Thicke" was the name Robin Thicke performed under when he first broke into the business.)

I just loved seeing The Warblers get their groove on amidst the jeans and cotton T-shirts. And Kurt was super gracious trying to be supportive of Blaine, in spite of his own feelings.

I also totally loved the music – though I'm still confused as to why Tina completely broke down while singing "My Funny Valentine" to Mike – and overall this was one of my favorite episodes this season.

I'm pulling for Kurt to win Blaine, especially since Mr. Gap - a.k.a Jeremiah - dissed him. I'm still laughing at Jeremiah's insistence that no one at the store was aware he was gay and Kurt's reply of, "May I be honest? Just with the hair, I think they do."

And I hope Puck is a big enough man to find his way into Lauren's heart. "Glee," I think I love you.

Filed under: Glee • television • TV recaps

1. yourrmom

Can you guys stop bashing Glee, guess what? We ALL know you dont like it how about you dont read the posts on it, its annoying. I dont care that you dont like the show, or that it bothers you they have gay people or whatever just shut up you just look stupid ranting on about how much you hate it i hate fish, Do you see me going on fish blogs saying how much i hate fish no becuase if i dont like fish i wont read about it or watch it on tv. There is no point of voicing your opinion so loudly it wont make the show go off air or any Glee lovers to shut up, but nice try:)

February 12, 2011 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Spencer

Am I the only one wondering where in the world Mercedes has been? I mean, she hasn't does a number in forever (unless you count the duet she did with Tina, in which she mostly sang harmony). She hasn't had a story line of her own since she quit the Cheerios (last season). And she has a kickin' voice! I hope they have something planned!

February 10, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  3. CDG

These last 2 episodes have been the worst. I haven't missed an episode of Glee since the pilot episode but the producers need to turn this around quick. For example: Kurt is your award winning actor on the show...why is he not singing and carrying a major storyline on his own? Why is he portraying a lovesick, weak man? I thought the show had worked past that last season!! I could do without Blaine, he annoys me... Finn needs to make up his mind about his 'love' and Lauren needs to rock Puck's world! Being a big girl myself I am loving this story line. We are strong and beautiful. Nice to see us portrayed that way. And no I am not a Bon Bon eatting slob. I am a happily married, successful plus size girl!

February 10, 2011 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  4. Danielle

I loved Rachel singing Firework. I thought it was so amazing. I love Finchel hope they get back together soon.

February 9, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  5. D

I don't get Glee...

February 9, 2011 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Valerie

I'm thinking that Tina breaking down during My Funny Valentine was supposed to be poking fun at how often Rachel cries during her solos. Just a guess.

February 9, 2011 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  7. master waiter

Glee cast members voted this as their favorite song:

youtube.com/watch?v=BkdL5sfJ7G4

February 9, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  8. JG

Ok, why is this show trying to hook up a white guy with the ugly black girl? at the same time they are pairing up two gay guys, thank god they are at another HS. Shame on this show. Why do some people in society try to show teenagers that they should try to make impossible situations normal and make them work, when they don't.

February 9, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jackie

I love glee. Everyone is so awesome. 

February 9, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  10. CB

I thought this was one of the best episodes yet. I was so let down after the "Thriller" one. This one didn't have any songs that really stood out (except Fat Bottom Girls), but any scene with Puck, Lauren, or Santana had me rolling on the floor with laughter.

February 9, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Susan

The last two episodes were the absolute WORST! All I could say was "AS IF!!" Puck and the fattie, paleeeze! Neva eva eva! Finn and any female?! Oh and the girls playing football?!?! Seriously?!?!?! how f-ing stupid.

They have one last shot to keep me viewing, and then........

Also, who else thinks that Puck sings like 1000000000000000% better than Finn?

February 9, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  12. kevin

WOW....all this GUFF over "Don't Ask Don't Tell", yet it's alright for young people to watch this show which seems to revolve around the GAYEST subject matter I've ever seen...?!?!?

NOW THAT'S PROGRESS!~!!!!!! ????

February 9, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Justin Beiber

HEY...are they filming in my bedroom?

February 9, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Harry Johnson

ManLove maybe.

February 9, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  15. HummerTime

I bet that kid could fit that entire microphone in his mouth.

February 9, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Oh no

Looks like a Nambla convention.

February 9, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |