Minor-league hockey team offers Aguilera a do-over
February 8th, 2011

Minor-league hockey team offers Aguilera a do-over

A minor league hockey team is offering Christina Aguilera a national anthem do-over.

The superstar singer botched "The Star-Spangled Banner" before Sunday's Super Bowl, substituting a line she'd previously sung for the one she was supposed to be on.

"I got so lost in the moment of the song that I lost my place," Aguilera said. "I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through."

The Syracuse Crunch of the American Hockey League said in a statement Monday that it understands how the moment could have gotten to the singing star.

"We witnessed your performance at yesterday’s Super Bowl and recognize and appreciate how difficult and intimidating it can be to sing our country’s National Anthem in front of a crowd of more than 102,000 and a worldwide television viewing audience of over 150,000,000," the statement said.

So the Crunch is offering Aguilera a chance to belt out "The Star-Spangled Banner" before its Feb. 19 game against the Rochester Americans when the moment might not be so overwhelming.

"This opportunity certainly gives you a forum to properly demonstrate just how well you can perform the anthem before an intimate crowd of 6,200 fans," the Crush statement says.

No word on whether Aguilera will take up the offer.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Christina Aguilera • Music • Super Bowl

1. Justin Bieber

I am gonna pump Halle and make her scream. Skip all this racism and one drop talk. All that matters is that Bieber is ready for action. Black, white, yellow…who cares. They are all pink on the inside. Let’s booze it up and bang some hos!! -Bieber

February 9, 2011 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Justin Bieber

Hey dave. Hope u iz talking about trex. He is a freak in bed. He wants to pump the rump. U iz right. He is gonna to hit the funny farm after we get freaky!! -Bieber

February 9, 2011 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  3. Britney

Anaheim Ducks Farm Team will have blast. It'll b worth for Christina Aguilera. Plus have her sing Genie in a Bottle
    and You're So Beautiful as a bonus.

February 8, 2011 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Justin Bieber

Cmon t-rex. Let's hook up and get busy. U and I gonna rock this world with our gay lovin. I know u want some of dat Josh Dudehammel, but he got nothin on the Biebster. Let's party down and pack some fudge. -Bieber

February 8, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave

Shouldn't you be in therapy? I'm talking electroshock and heavy duty drugs (Thorazine for instance). You represent a clear and present danger to the free citizens around you. Seriously.

February 8, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Justin Bieber

I have been stalking t-rex on other blog articles. We iz gonna hook up and pump each other full of gooey loads. T-rex likes it in the poop shoot and so do I! Sorry all u teenie bopper chicks. The Biebster is coming out of the closet.

February 8, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Superhiro

Who cares. That song is sung everyday far worse than that. It doesn't "hurt" your precious country if someone sings it wrong. It's just a song, get over it.

February 8, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Cole

I didn't see the botched deal,Please stop with trying to woo n scream. Sing it Normal tone

February 8, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  8. YOUBRO

T-REX I SURE HOPE YOUR A LADY SINCE YOU WANT TO BE FILLED WITH "GOOBER". AND IF IT JUST SO HAPPENS I NEED TO BE DRAINED. 1 CUP OR 2

February 8, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jalo

If singing stars would not stylize songs beyond recognition they probably would not screw up the lyrics. That didn't sound remotely like the Star Spangled Banner. Francis Scott Key is rolling over in his grave!

February 8, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  10. T-rex

In the pic...see how she holds the Microphone and her lips? That looks like me as Im about to smooch on the devour a nice hard goober.

February 8, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Puck

When I read a do over I was thinking..a slapshot to the face.

February 8, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |