The Situation aims to go from 'Jersey Shore' to movies
February 7th, 2011

The Situation aims to go from 'Jersey Shore' to movies

Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino and his six-pack abs may one day end up on the big screen. The "Jersey Shore" star has announced that he's planning to leave MTV's hit series to become a movie star.

"There's only so long you can rule the reality world," he tells E! Online. "Maybe another year or so of reality, and then I'm gonna graduate to movies."

The 28-year-old gym, tanning and laundry fanatic likens his situation to that of a great athlete.

"It's like Michael Jordan. There's only so long you can keep winning them rings. You gotta move on and try something different. I love to be in front of the camera; I love performing; I love entertaining. So movies is definitely the next step."

In the meantime, he's prepping for Italy, where "Jersey Shore" will shoot its next season.

Filed under: Celebrities • Jersey Shore • television

1. Mystery Shopper Employment Agency Reviews

Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Extremely useful info specially the last part :) I care for such information a lot. I was seeking this particular info for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.

March 4, 2011 at 4:07 am | Report abuse |
  2. Beautiful Vixen

Lol

February 12, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Tony

Oh please....comparing yourself to Michael Jordan....that is rich. Please go away forever and take your girly eyebrows and ludricous sense of accomplishment with you patheic idiot!

February 9, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Christy

I bet this idiot eats his own feces.

February 8, 2011 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
  5. T-rex

He is kinda cute. I wouldnt mind letting him squeeze in to my hineyhole and gimme a good pumpin.

February 8, 2011 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
  6. D

Yeah. They all stink. SMELLLLLLYOULATER.

February 8, 2011 at 6:42 am | Report abuse |
  7. stacitjones

This website printapons is too cool. I use promo codes alot and hate having to look all over the place for them.

February 8, 2011 at 6:17 am | Report abuse |
  8. dizz

Bahaha...Mike couldn't act his way out of a cereal box...bahaha dancing with the stars was a joke..for him to even be on that...

PS VINNY would be WAY better at acting...NOT MIKE...just saying... :)

February 8, 2011 at 5:09 am | Report abuse |
  9. The Bad Teacher

BOING!!!!

February 8, 2011 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
  10. molly

its a bummer hes not that smart...he sure is hott thou

February 7, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  11. @A real teacher

you should probably stop blogging you moron-and choose a name that doesn't make you sound like an idgit

February 7, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • T-rex

why don't u put on your magic pants and do us all a favor and vanish. your have an IQ of a fence post and I feel sorry for any kid who ever crossed your path.. your probably the weird janitor .

February 8, 2011 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
    • the real jade

ye this mo would fit on the tv show Glee

February 8, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  12. sooooHappy

sooooHapppy NOT because this @$$- clown wants to nauseate us further... but because the posts on here are soooo funny. Yes the marquee subjects are hardly "news" but you the people and your comments are uber-creative... thanks... and keep it up...
    ***** falling out of my chair laughing******

February 7, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  13. OLE CROW

Nj trailer trash. pure and simple GARBAGE. sh ituation haha stupid azz. "i'm gonna get me some rosetta stone mixed in with my coldstone" what a moron.

February 7, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  14. A real teacher

Plus as a mormon i have magic undergarments that protect me while i am asleeping.

February 7, 2011 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • danny bonaduce

these kids are messed up from clowns like u.. im sure u love obama and your a liberal. f ing up the kids more than sitch.

February 7, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  15. A real teacher

I have failed many children for less than the rudness shown here. Pupular is the present singular pronunciation of the word pupuler. The er is changed to ar in this usage.

February 7, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  16. howard hughs

this jerk got his 15 minutes of fame. he should take the money and run. u can see is hated via most of the blogs.

February 7, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  17. JD

Not a reality show fan but don't have to be to know who he is. The popularity of the show's cast is evident with the press they get and guest appearances they have. Mike may be the movie star of tomorrow. Stranger things have happened.

February 7, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Nemo

I like Mike, however he said he would want to "graduate" to movies - did he even graduate 8th grade ??

February 7, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  19. jane Doe

It is a shame this situation geek took his fame of being a low life on TV and now he wants to corrupt the mind of our young children even more.. Maybe the HIV rumors are correct and he will be banned. I heard that was the STD

February 7, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  20. john locke

This guy is such a MO.. Did u see him on dancing with the stars in leotards? They say G ays make a lot of money.. here is evidence they are good in business!

February 7, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Jam

I wanna hate on this kid so bad but he is laughing all the way to the bank.

February 7, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  22. nordicmetalhead

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Apocalypse..

February 7, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  23. D

STD's....oops didn't think about that-disregard what I said then lol

February 7, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  24. jim

HAHHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH** snort cough** HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

February 7, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  25. banasy

@The Debacle: LMAO!!

February 7, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  26. T- rex

I heard the village people need a new indian chief. lol.. he needs to stick with his now people.

February 7, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Jeff

In a word: IDIOT.
    I've watched several episodes of Jersey Shore and it really stinks. He should count his blessings for the gig he got and move along in life. He's not an actor of any caliber.

February 7, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  28. The Debacle

He's already doing an Oscar worthy job of "acting" like a douce everyday of his life. Go ahead and give him a starring role in any unnecessary straight to DVD horror movie remake/sequel/prequel like "Leprechaun In The Hood 3" or "Wishmaster 5: The Situational Prophecy" just so I can watch him get killed on screen.

February 7, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  29. banasy

@ a real teacher:

I highly doubt that you are a real teacher, given the fact that you have no concept of capitalization, spelling, grammar, or punctuation.

That being said, too bad "The Situation" is situating himself into unemployment. That he even THINKS that he is in the same stratosphere as Michael Jordan is downright hilarious!!!

February 7, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Kareen

Talent doesn't seem to matter anymore.
    Show your boobs or Ab's and you are in.

February 7, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  31. uber nerd

He might have a future in male G A Y films.

February 7, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  32. parishater

EXEC PROD....yeayear right exec my ass thats why you are on this site in the middle of the day and you clealry have no business sense......situatation is marketable but thats it we have a long list of "celebrites" who cant act and have no talent at all PARIS HILTON but they are marketable.....so let not get it twisted again ok??? HE CANT ACT

February 7, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  33. A real teacher

as a real teacher of 8th grade students i can tell you this show is both educational and pupular amongst my students.

February 7, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • pupular?

You do realize the "o" key is nowhere near the "u" key... which means you've failed so hard.

February 7, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alex

A "real" teacher? As opposed to those other "fake" 8th grade teachers?

February 7, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  34. A real teacher

GO MIKE GO !

February 7, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  35. EXEC PROD

He is a very talented young actor and has a great career in his future.

February 7, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  36. s

Before he picks up Rosetta stone to learn another language, learn some grammar first. When he talks he sounds ignorant. "I'm actually gonna get me some Rosetta Stone," The Sitch says. "I got two months to learn it. My name comes from Italy so I've got a little bit of heritage there. Plus maybe I can get a hometown Italian chick."......
    That right there just sounds ignorant. Please he should never compare himself to Michael Jordan. Michael Jordan was talented.

February 7, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  37. D

Yeah lets hope for harm on a person who's never harmed anyone-good idea.

February 7, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • t-rex

what about all the std's he spread

February 7, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • danny bonaduce

The sitch could play Michael Jackson because they both have the same first name and the same ethnicity and they both prefer boys !!

February 7, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • danny bonaduce

yes u are the voice of reason now.

February 7, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Lets hope not

Lets hope he gets shot.

February 7, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • yellowstripe

Yes Sitch Plzz I hope they make you die 2nd episode n i dig ur grave

February 9, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  39. Opie

Be bitter folks because he will be more successful than the people on this blog.

February 7, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Opie

Good for him, aspiring to move up in his career. More people (especially young adults) need to have that aspiration of bettering themselves and be successful

February 7, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Victor

One: learn how to act first.

Two: Stop being such an egocentrical jack ass and never ever dare to compare yourself to Michael Jordan ever again.

Three: Keep your day job. I doubt you'll ever be able to do anything besides your stupid reality show.

February 7, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Juan

You are just jealous because he makes more money than you and he famous too.

February 8, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Dc

Juan your a fruit
      I've more class and money than that boy could ever dream of having in his pinki AND I DON'T want fame!! I WANT PRIVACY!!

February 8, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  42. oh no

I love Jersey Shore, but no way. We don't want to see you anywhere else Mike.

February 7, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Bobby

this sucks he was the best one ever. he kept everyone together and he is really really funny. why would he have to go. but if he does make it in a movie congrats to him.

February 7, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  44. mZ Yyz

The Sitch acting... I am sure he will get roles, but for garbage movies ilke that chick from The Hills Kristen Cavillari.. No need to worry he wont be all over the place.. He better take his 15 min and run with it!

February 7, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Ms G

A Michael Jordan he is not and never will be. I don't see him acting in any movie in any life time. Right now he needs to go some where and sit down because he is not cute and enough of Jersey Shore already!!!!

February 7, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  46. EXEC PROD

I was hanging with Paulie D over the weekend and he said they have been approached several times by network executives about remaking the 70s classic series Happy Days. This time it would be set in the early 1990s in Newark. The guys would hang out at a pizza parlor, cruise for chicks, and get up to mischief. I think this might be a hit !

February 7, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  47. wow

Did this fool actually compare his situation to Michael Jordan's?

February 7, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  48. 28??!!

No way is he 28. When the show first started, he was 30-

February 7, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  49. name

Snooki is Snookilicious !

February 7, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  50. name

YES ! I always knew these Jersey Shore peeps would make it big ! II heard they are also considering casting Snooki as Wonderwoman in the upcoming series ! These cats are going places !

February 7, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  51. cheefsfury

OK SO NOW I CAN NO WUT MOVIES TO NOT WATCH CUZ THEY WILL HAVE THIS BADDIE IN THEM

February 7, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |