'Idol' to release 10th anniversary album, 'The Hits'
February 4th, 2011

'Idol' to release 10th anniversary album, 'The Hits'

“American Idol" is marking its 10th year with the help of some very famous voices.

Each of the singing competition's winners — plus a few other favorite contestants — will be featured on the upcoming record “American Idol 10th Anniversary – The Hits.”

According to the Hollywood Reporter, the album, which drops March 15, includes songs by champs like Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard, and Carrie Underwood as well as fan favorites like Adam Lambert and Daughtry, all recorded in their post-"Idol" careers.

Clarkson and Underwood have gone on to become two of the most successful "Idols," with the women selling 22 million albums combined, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Among the tunes featured on the 10th-anniversary release:

Kelly Clarkson – “Since U Been Gone”
Ruben Studdard – “Superstar”
Clay Aiken – “Invisible”
Fantasia – “When I See U”
Carrie Underwood – “Before He Cheats”
Taylor Hicks – “Takin’ It to the Streets”
Daughtry – “Home”
Jordin Sparks (duet with Chris Brown) – “No Air”
David Cook – “Light On”
Kris Allen – “Live Like We’re Dying”
Adam Lambert – “Whataya Want From Me”
Lee DeWyze – “Sweet Serendipity”

Will you be buying?

1. ceai verde, green tea, oolong tea, wulong tea, white tea, black tea

Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I to find It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I'm hoping to offer something back and help others such as you helped me.

April 4, 2012 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  2. glulpwillis

purchase new coach handbags and check coupon code available , for special offer

February 7, 2012 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  3. filinahansan

I know American Idol fever’s on and is keeping you on the edge of your seats with every coming episode! The latest on our favorite reality show is the all-new 8th episode, where we get to see what Hollywood’s got on offer.

April 18, 2011 at 4:42 am | Report abuse |
  4. DA

Where is "Crush" by David Archuleta? That was way more successful and popular than anything Taylor Hicks released. It doesn't matter if Taylor won. He didn't last in the music industry. And no I will not be buying since I already have the songs i like on my iPod.

February 21, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jennie

Am I the only one who doesn't really like the track listing for this album? Don't get me wrong, I love the songs listed for Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Kris Allen, Adam Lambert, David Cook and Daughtry...but I downloaded those songs already. There's no reason for me to get the rest of the album. Why couldn't they have songs those artists sang on Idol like Carrie Underwood's Alone or anything Kelly Clarkson sang. It seems like it would have made more sense to do a compliation album featuring songs they sang on the show instead of songs that are those artists individual albums and have probably already been downloaded by fans....the compliation album seems pointless

February 12, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Agreed

I think FatAZZ Reuben ate himself to death.

February 7, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  7. @ G gordon Liddy

G. Gordon Liddy was born in 1930 and was instrumental in the Watergate scandal. Isn't it about time you put a Lid on it?

February 7, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  8. Oh no

Go ahead losers and purchase this big PILE OF SHYT. Fat reuben, Gay Clay, Booger eatn Nggerasia, Taylor Hick the Shyt kicker. Whoever buys this should have they butts kicked. ya BUTTHOLES!

February 7, 2011 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
  9. DFWDelia

I'm guessing that American Idol only wants to put out pop sounding songs on this CD, except I don't think Carrie Underwood is really pop. What about Mandisa, or Josh Gracin or whatever his name is, and Kellie Pickler? They've all had hits in different types of music.

February 7, 2011 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
  10. tracy

Carrie Underwood Rocks!

February 7, 2011 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  11. Ana Ana

Check out the top about Hollywood's stars with the biggest income in 2010 here moviesfan[.]eu/news/item/325-check-out-the-top-about-hollywoods-stars-with-the-biggest-income-in-2010

February 5, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  12. D

Already got all those songs from the NOW CD's

February 5, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Guest

Wait. Ruben Studdard and Taylor Hicks are still alive?! Oh my gosh, I feel so bad...

February 5, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  14. jillmarie

I'm a fan of the show, but don't think I'll buy this. I'm not a fan of Ruben- he's so boring!

February 5, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  15. Lass

The songs listed are not the only ones on the album. They were "among the tunes featured"

February 5, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  16. johnson

Why would I buy this album when I can make my own AI album with my favorite songs. I only need Kelly Clarkson's hit songs including Break Away, Daughtry's Home, Jordin's No Air, Archuleta's Crush. Why should I torture myself by listening to singers I don't care for like disgusting Lambert ? He makes me barf.

February 5, 2011 at 3:44 am | Report abuse |
  17. clutch

Omg I love a conthspiraceee!

February 5, 2011 at 3:15 am | Report abuse |
  18. clutch

Didn't J-Hud kill her family?

February 5, 2011 at 3:11 am | Report abuse |
  19. chrissy

wow ya know thanks 4 that info charlotte i didnt know that but been wonderin what happened 2 him

February 4, 2011 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  20. whatever

I don't think I would buy this album. Maybe if they put Jennifer Hudson on it I will think about it

February 4, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  21. paul

Check out the top about Hollywood's stars with the biggest income in 2010 on www[.]moviesfan[.]eu

February 4, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Superhiro

I am seriously surprised that any of the American Idol winners ever had a hit song.

February 4, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  23. G Gordon Liddy

That Kelly Clarkson turned into a blimp. She's really been strapping on the feedbag.

February 4, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  24. floor

I hope it has songs from The Archies and The Monkees on it. I havent heard much from them since the late 60s. I was 3 or 4 years old so thought they were neat.

February 4, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  25. nl

I can't see how a compilation cd can leave out @davidarchie. Archuleta's single "Crush" sold around 2million copies and was #2 on Billboard. I just don't get it.

February 4, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Charlotte888

Despite "Crush" there was a move in the industry two years ago to deny Archuleta any additional airplay in America, even when he'd release a "radio friendly" single. (He's a much bigger star in other parts of the world, and his rabod fanbase in the US is ignored).

It's something political we don't know about.

February 4, 2011 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Kat

No, but only because I already have all those songs on my ipod!

February 4, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |