Who should win 'Live to Dance'?
February 3rd, 2011

Who should win 'Live to Dance'?

Wednesday night's "Live to Dance" finals featured some of the most flawless routines I've seen in one single episode of a reality show (having a lot of experience watching some of the many others out there). Paula, Travis and Kimberly (and the audience) definitely picked some incredibly talented dancers to compete for the $500,000.

As the show neared an end, I was sincerely stumped as to which act deserved to win the big prize (which meant, dear readers, it was time to get nitpicky). At first, I was all for Twitch, for their unique blending of dance styles. My reaction was along the same lines as that of Travis Payne, with an exaggerated facial expression and the word (words?) "AAahhahhahahaitwasawesome!!!!!!"

But then Dance Town Chaos, like a good poker player, "saw" their routine and raised it to another level (did I see some krumping in there?).

As for Vibe, I agreed with the judges that it was a bit too busy (and a bit too reminiscent of "Glee's" also-overly-literal take on "Umbrella"). I'm also a big fan of Kendall Glover's, but I didn't agree with the judges on her. I think this was not quite up to the maturity level one would want for the winners.

White Tree Fine Art had a very sweet story (as did everyone, really) to go along with their beautiful routine, but they weren't the champions in my eyes, either.

That honor goes to D'Angelo and Amanda who came in at the very end with an Argentine tango that blew me away for every single second I saw it. Not only are they extraordinary dancers, but you've gotta love lines like D'Angelo's "I should actually get more [of the prize] because I have to lift her and she doesn't know how much she weighs," (to which Amanda replied that she weighed less than him).

On one hand, they're at the very start of their dance careers, so you'd think that they need something to work towards. But they're just so ridiculously good, I think they should win the first (only?) season of "Live to Dance."

Do you agree or do you have a different favorite? And do you think Kanye will tweet about Dance Town Chaos? Share your view on iReport or in the comments.

1. Ricky Morales

I have no faith in "America". The only group that got a standing ovation in the previous show, didnt even make it to the top three. Dance Town Chaos should have won. The judges know this. So it boils down to how many friends you got to vote for you?

February 12, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Dancer13

I think that dance town chaos was the most entreating group out of all of them. Thy had amazing technique, wowed the judges, and had sooooo much energy. I loved watching them and they definitely deserve to win.

February 10, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  3. ODETTE BOHNERT

D'angelo and Amanda the best

February 6, 2011 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  4. renae

I was a huge twitch fan going into the finals – but after watching the show I must say I really enjoyed Dance town chaos more than I enjoyed twitch's routine.

February 3, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  5. AKDee

Twitch & Vibe – I thought there were way too many dancers; and sorry, I could not stand those plastic aprons? the girls wore, not sure which group at this point. Chaos had a great idea and execution, but I don't think 'America' will vote for them. I'm with Kris B. , I think D'Angelo and Amanda should win. I think if White Tree tried to tango, they couldn't do HALF the excellent job that the younger couple did!

February 3, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  6. kristik

As you all know it is hollywood.....and reality tv. The groups have very little say on anything. You wear what they tell you to wear and you dance to whatever song they tell you to dance to. And the voting is a questionable way to pick a winner. People could set up so many email accounts and vote 25 times per email. How exactly is that going to produce an honest winner. Go back to just voting one time per person. Could you imagine if we could vote for the president that way? I believe that all the finalists did a great job but if I was to pay money to go and watch a performance I would watch the Vibe. They can do all the styles and the group had all ages...including cute little kids that are just as talented as the other kids in the final. And if Travis thinks being to "ambitious" is negative when competeting for $500,000..............hmmmmmm? Vibe has my vote ! You didnt need a cute factor or a sob story you just danced.

February 3, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Kris B.

Dear Reporter:
    You couldn't have picked a better winner – D'Angelo and Amanda are clearly the B-E-S-T.
    I have been cheering for them since they first appeared on the LTD show.
    Just imagine the drive and self-control those two young people have.
    Unfortunately, reality talent shows seem to be skewed against the "child" acts in the end.
    I hope that LTD plays it straight and awards the big prize to D'Angelo and Amanda

February 3, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  8. TJ

First, let me say that I really enjoy the show – excellent talent, supportive judges, and great energy. I was also conflicted about the shows winner. Twitch and Dance Town Chaos were both excellent but when reflecting on the innovations brought by Twitch I voted for them.

February 3, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  9. B=Dog

Ummmm nobody gives a s**t. You aren't going to find the best dancers, because the best dancers are already working. Besides being a professional dancer is like 2 steps above a professional juggler.

February 3, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Chris B

WHO are you? You are an idoit–and have big issues. Instead of searching out things to be a phobe about, you should seek counseling and hospitalization immediately! No one cares to hear this kind of negative nonsense from an obvious nutt-job like you. Go away! Go away!

February 8, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |