Justin Bieber tweets the return of 'Beavis and Butt-Head'
February 3rd, 2011

Justin Bieber tweets the return of 'Beavis and Butt-Head'

He wasn't even born when they made their début, but it seems Justin Bieber is a big fan of "Beavis and Butt-Head." In fact, the singer took to Twitter yesterday to break the news that the animated duo would be making a comeback on MTV.

The teen idol found out the good news while attending the MTV upfronts, where the network's programming plans were discussed and the cast of the controversial series "Skins" announced that "Beavis and Butt-Head" will be returning this summer.

"Solid day in NYC," Bieber, 16, tweeted. "Played hoops and just went to the MTV Upfronts...BEAVIS and BUTTHEAD are coming back!!!"

"Beavis and Butt-Head," which centered around two immature, giggling high school students, originally ran on MTV from 1993 to 1997, and became a comic book, movie and video game, reports MTV News.

More recently, the characters appeared in the MTV-produced "Jackass 3D," perhaps as a tease for their return to the small screen.

Are you ready for "Beavis and Butt-Head" to make a comeback?

1. Liz Carter in Georgia

@Ole Grandad; I SURE DO WISH THERE WAS A WAY THAT YOU COULD BE BROUGHT UP UNDER A LEGAL INVESTIGATION! You are a sick puppy!

February 9, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  2. g

haha stewart should wear a bieber t-shirt, though winger is kickass

February 7, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Carrie

I'm not saying it's wrong to like old shows. But I hate Beiber because he is a POSER! He wants to act cool and act like a normal kid when he's really not. You old people don't get it! He is a POSER!

February 7, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mr. Bigglesworth

I don't get this. He knows they're going to absolutely destroy him, right? Or is he really that oblivious? This should be funny...

February 5, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  5. huxley

Q: How do you tweet about something that was a fad 15 years before you were born? A: Someone paid you to tweet about it.

February 4, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jacob

I freaking love Beavis & Butthead and I'M FIFFTEEN. My dad had recorded tapes of it and I searched all over the internet for the rest. I bought DVDs to watch more. So this news gives me reason to watch MTV, cause I think Jersey Shore and Bieber should BURN IN HADES!!!

February 5, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  6. derp

I don't think it is humanly possible for that twink to be any gayer.

February 4, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Ole Grandad

This beiber boy is kinda cute. I certainly would enjoy watching his pretty mouth work a job on my C*CK or bending him over for a good ole fashioned buttPHUCKING. Beiber come over here and sit in ole grandads lap ya little FA GG OT!!

February 4, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  8. clutch

That's the point, we got some drugs in this kid's system

February 4, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Maggie

B&B was vulgar but never funny. If you want vulgar and funny watch South Park.

February 4, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  10. GQ336

Why is it so popular to hate in this kid? I am a 30 year old man and I don't expect Justin Beiber to be the next Mozart or anything but he has a big audience. He is a kid that makes pop music that makes kids dance and have a god time. Is it so wrong? It is sad that there are so many grown folks that hate this kid. I never hear about him smoking and drinking or doing drugs. He works hard for his doe and he is talented so I say do your thing.

February 4, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  11. paulbmro

Check out the top about Hollywood's stars with the biggest income in 2010 here moviesfan.eu/news/item/325-check-out-the-top-about-hollywoods-stars-with-the-biggest-income-in-2010

February 4, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  12. floor

That sounds like a super episode Jamie ! They could break stuff on their adventure ! They dont have to even have music videos. They could just go around doing incredible B and B stuff ! FIRE ! FIRE ! FIRE !

February 4, 2011 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  13. Jaime

First Episode of B&B:
    They turn on MTV looking for videos. It's Jersey Shore! Uhh... Later they turn it on again... Skins! Uhh huh huh huh. This sucks. Later they turn on MTV and get... 17 & pregnant. Uhh, she does it. Heh heh, yeah yeah!
    Cut to them dancing. Then they stop. "Uhm, where's the music?" "Yeah, this sucks!"
    They turn the TV off and go have an adventure.

February 4, 2011 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  14. Robin

Can't wait for the retrun of Beavis & Butthead! All rockers and metalheads salute the pop sensation Justin Bieber for doing something that many have attempted and failed at.

Thanks Kid, we owe you one!

February 4, 2011 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  15. Beibutthead

Looks like a little F AGG OT in those glasses or not. Just another "Back street boy" and cheap candy for the little punks and snotty nosed brats.

February 4, 2011 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  16. Lazlo

Just b/c he wasn't born when the show was on doesn't mean anything. I'm 25 and I've fallen in love with M.A.S.H and a young Alan Alda. Plenty of young people like the old tv shows, music band, etc. I mean look at how many people love Pink Floyd.

February 4, 2011 at 7:42 am | Report abuse |
  17. JD

@ Whisper
    You are right! LMAO

February 3, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  18. whisper

@ JD
    that was my point.
    -=-=-=-=
    and instead of Ac/Dc & Metallica shirts I guess the 2 will have Teen Mom & 16 and Pregnant T-shirts.
    Or some other show. They have lots of Hits to choose from.
    His MTV logo shirt I guess will get changed to RTV
    Also I guess Stewart will have to throw away his Winger shirt for the more popular "I Used To Be Fat" shirt

Happy Happy, Joy Joy!

February 3, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  19. mad hater

Beiber and Butthump

February 3, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  20. floor

justin beiber just became one of my heros. no moe fudge factory jokes about him. he might be ok !

February 3, 2011 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  21. floor

Beavis and Butthead are GODS among us mortals. FIRE ! FIRE ! FIRE ! plus I AM CORNHOLIO ! I NEED TP FOR MY BUNGHOLE ! Gods i tell you ! Bow down before their greatness ! :) Guess you can tell i kind of like them :)

February 3, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  22. bleh

I know, right? I know just where to gi if I wanna turn into a trainwreck of a human being!
    Sure, bring back B&B. They're on the level of Snookie, Amber, and The Situation, anyway. Except they're cuter and better dressed.

February 3, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Superhiro

What's upsetting is that MTV seems to be more popular now that it doesn't play music.

February 3, 2011 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Geno

IS MTV still relevant? They don't play Music, barely play videos..and the so called reality shows are the biggest rubbish on film. RIP MTV, you're DOA...

February 3, 2011 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  25. JD

@ Whisper. If they do make fun of reality shows they'll have plenty of material. Lol

February 3, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Jack wagon

This is bieber's favorite song:
    youtube.com/watch?v=BkdL5sfJ7G4

February 3, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  27. whisper

haha pretty sad they are resorting back to a show that was popular for making fun of 80s bands. Ya know when videos were actually being played on a video station.
    What are they gonna make fun of now. Reality tv shows?

February 3, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Chris

Finally, some decent programming on MTV once again. I remember watching this show when I was a kid. Face it, people. Beavis and Butthead are GOLD when compared to shows like Jersey Shore and 17 & Pregnant.

February 3, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  29. solaris

WHO CARES?

February 3, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • you do because you commented

Now go back and play with your Ben 10 action figures.

February 3, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Maggie

@you do: People go to the trouble of posting "who cares" on an article because that's the only way they can respond to a headline that immediately makes them think "who cares?" You can't comment on a headline without going to the article. Whether they really care or not is irrelevent. They want people to know that they don't like or are tired of hearing about someone. I can't stand JB but I read articles about him to read the funny comments.

February 4, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  30. chris

EMINEM Please Drop a DIss on this Kid Thanks!.

February 3, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Superhiro

-Shrug- It's generally not marketed towards that age group and probably wouldn't be advertised on most shows that people that age tend to watch. I would assume it's just an awareness issue. My little cousin doesn't know who Seinfeld is and he's 16.

February 3, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gateway

I heard your little cousin can't find his country on a map, so that doesn't surprise me.

February 4, 2011 at 6:47 am | Report abuse |
  32. banasy

Why? Seinfeld's humor is hilarious, but just as juvenile in it's own way. My 16 yo watches it!

February 3, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Superhiro

Are there really kids who watch friends or Seinfeld? I think that's debateable.

February 3, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mr.$peed

That would make you a MASTER DEBATER!!! LOL.

February 4, 2011 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Maggie

I don't even think it's debatable. They don't. Both are shows that were aimed at adults back when they were on (10 years ago? Longer?). I don't think kids of today would even understand the humor. I certainly don't think they would bother to watch the shows.

February 4, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  34. banasy

@T&Pbetter:

I agree! Not a fan of JB, but great point!

February 3, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  35. banasy

Why should we expect anything less from a Music Television Network whose programming has nothing at all to do with music anymore??

February 3, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • well

Well, considering this show was on when MTV was still playing music...

February 3, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  36. EL Jefe

This dude has all the facial features of a woman. When I was 16 I was growing a beard, I bet this dude talks in high falsetto...

February 3, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Phantom_Leo

Bieber should fear the return of B & B. I suspect HE is going to be the biggest BUTT of their jokes!

February 3, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Superhiro

You little snot.. You weren't even born when Beavis and Butthead were popular. Bieber's such a poser.

February 3, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • T&Pbetter

he's a "poser" because he likes an old show? so every kid who likes Friends, Seinfeld, or any other show that premiered before they were born is just faking for attention? that's the most ridiculous thing i've heard all day

February 3, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |