February 2nd, 2011
02:23 PM ET
Ryan Seacrest tweeted on Wednesday that producers of the show plan on issuing some type of apology.
"At the idol working on the LA episode that you will see thursday," Seacrest said on Twitter. "Tomorrow is austin. Make sure u watch the producers apology at the top🙂
Seacrest doesn't say what the show will be apologizing for, but here are a few suggestions for the mea culpa:
1) Steven Tyler's skeevy remarks to female contestants – C'mon Steven. We love you and all, but the flirty remarks, animals noises and looks you have been casting at some of the young ladies has been creeping us out a bit. Please make it stop.
2) Falling for the water works – Simon Cowell would have NEVER let people advance to Hollywood simply because they wail and beg. Sure it's heartbreaking to not be chosen, but go home and work on improving your skills instead of weeping like it's the end of the world. Get a backbone judges.
3) Moving the show to Wednesday and Thursday nights – Umm, hello fans of "Community," "Big Bang Theory" and "Vampire Diaries." We now have to DVR said shows in order to get our "Idol" fix. We hate having to choose.
4) The countless kids making it to Hollywood – We get that everyone wants to find the next Justin Bieber, but we are getting slightly nervous about the inordinate amount of 15-year-olds being allowed to advance to the next round.Yes, they have talent, but are they tough enough?
You think adults break down over rejection? Well, we imagine that you ain't seen nothing yet until you see a teen find out that Hollywood is the end of the road for them.
5) Making us weep each episode – And while we are on the subject of tears, the emotional manipulation each week is wearing us out. Tragic back stories make for great television, but we can't take many more like the tale of Chris Medina and his fiance who suffered a traumatic brain injury after a tragic car crash.
We almost ran out of tissues after they wheeled her into the audition room, so please stop messing with our emotions "Idol!"
About this blog
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.