Larry Hagman, Linda Gray, Patrick Duffy returning to 'Dallas'
February 2nd, 2011

Larry Hagman, Linda Gray, Patrick Duffy returning to 'Dallas'

Some familiar faces will be returning to Southfork in TNT's upcoming "Dallas" remake: CNN has learned that Larry Hagman, Linda Gray and Patrick Duffy have all signed on to appear in the pilot. (TNT is owned by the same parent company as CNN.)

The original "Dallas" series ran from 1978 to 1991 and starred Hagman and Duffy as J.R. and Bobby Ewing, the sons of a Texas oil tycoon. Gray played J.R.'s long-suffering wife, Sue Ellen.

TNT's remake will center on J.R. and Sue Ellen's son John Ross ("Desperate Housewives" star Josh Henderson), who clashes with Bobby and Pamela's adopted son Christopher over the family dynasty. The two are also involved in a love triangle with the ranch cook's daughter Elena ("The Fast and the Furious" star Jordana Brewster), according to a release from the network.

An air date for the pilot and the casting of Christopher have not yet been announced. It is also not known if any other original cast members plan to make an appearance.

Will you be tuning in to the new "Dallas"?

« Previous entry
  1. Colleen

can't wait

July 11, 2011 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  2. David Michaels

I loved the original "Dallas" series and watched its entire run. If they are true to the spirit of the original, I think it is a great idea. This certainly can be a show that takes off if the writers are creative and the actors are good. They also need to give a nod to the history with a few cameo appearances.

February 9, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Victor

Don't get me wrong, I like the original Dallas, I even accepted the whole it was a dream BS they pulled when they brought Bobby back.

But a remake? Really? And at TNT to boot?

TNT is a network that is doing fairly well with their original programming. Why the sudden need for a remake/continuation of an old 80's show?

Could it be they are running out of ideas? Not good TNT, not good.

February 3, 2011 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  4. BeeJay

Sounds boring! I didn't care to watch the original and don't care to watch this either.

February 2, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  5. jillmarie

I was very young when it was on- I'd love the re-make, and I love how some of the original cast members will be on. I agree, I'd love Priscilla Presley to return as well as Victoria Principle. I'll be watching- it's like a "Dallas" for Millenials and Gen Y!

February 2, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  6. tyler

yes, as long as they bring back Lucy Ray and Jenna played by Pricilla Presley..

February 2, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Lily Daisy

Loved watching Dallas; this sounds like it could be another winner, if they stick to the same basic premise and use Larry's talents of devious behavior. Hopefully, they can entice some of the other original cast members to participate in some of the episodes. What a great mix it would be!

February 2, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  8. portalpunk

Nice eyebrows Larry, almost as tall as the hat.

February 2, 2011 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  9. Bill Haverchuck

I was just kidding... I don't watch Dallas.

February 2, 2011 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  10. lydia burns

Absolutely loved the original series

February 2, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |