Hugh Jackman eats 6,000 calories a day for 'The Wolverine'
February 2nd, 2011

Hugh Jackman eats 6,000 calories a day for 'The Wolverine'

While most celebrities struggle to stay lean, Hugh Jackman is busy packing on the pounds. The actor has been ordered by director Darren Aronofsky to bulk up for the new Wolverine movie.

"Right now, I’m at 210," he tells the L.A. Times of his current weight, which is the result of an intense diet and workout regime. "It’s 6,000 calories a day," he says. "It’s rough."

Jackman, 42, was closer to 190 pounds when he made 2009's "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," but Aronofsky insisted he add muscle for the latest film.

"Darren said with the last one, ‘Hey you looked great, but you’re so tall that in those long shots you looked kind of like Clint Eastwood, and that’s not Wolverine,'" explains Jackman. "He said that Wolverine, in the comics, is powerful, stocky, you know, he’s short and thick. So he said, ‘I want you to go there, get bigger.’"

Jackman adds that he is pumped about the upcoming "The Wolverine," which, as Marquee previously reported, is not a sequel but a stand-alone film. In it, the razor-clawed Marvel hero will go into battle to win the heart of a Japanese woman whose hand in marriage was already promised to another man.

"I feel like all the planets are finally aligned to make a great movie," says Jackman. "I think we’re going to make one that people will describe as the best of the bunch."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • movies

1. http://www.dietplansformenkit.com

Terrific! Been looking for info like this , thanks for posting, diet plans for men.

September 12, 2012 at 4:37 am | Report abuse |
  2. Money And Happiness

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this blog and I'm impressed! Extremely helpful information specifically the remaining section :) I care for such information much. I was seeking this particular info for a very long time. Thanks and best of luck.

August 15, 2012 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  3. charby

why all the comments about him being unable to pack on muscle at age 42 without drugs? ridiculous! do you think a man's testicles drop off at age 35?

February 6, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Phil

Jackman is jacked beacuse of his diet and hard work in the gym. I also heard a rumor that Hugh was going to play the lead part of Lex Luther like anti hero Gabe Grant in Legacy's The Guardians. The fun script can be found online and tells the story of a group of villains who must put aside their differences to stop a Justice League type superteam from secretly taking over the world! I hope it's true as Hugh would own the part.

June 26, 2012 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  4. jesfla72

He is taking steroids. Not a big deal in movies. Also the juice has hit music. Look at all of the country stars and rappers that juice. Stop thinking a guy puts on 30 pounds or 20 pounds of muscle for a 4 month skit in a movie. These guys all juice. American history x had Ed Norton on the juice. Look at him now . The wrestler had Micky Rourke. These guys have access to all of this stuff. Not a big deal when its a movie and it sells more movies. Google country star on steroids or rapper. All of you people in the closet will be surprised.

February 3, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Dulcimer

Should have cast Stalone is they wanted stocky & muscular.

February 3, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  6. msyellarose

What in the world do you eat to consume 6000 calories per day? I need to know so that I can put at least 10 pounds on my tiny frame!

February 3, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  7. rs

He is definitely one delicious looking man. Even my mother is smitten with him. He's got it all: Looks, brains, talent, a great job, and a fabulous sense of humor. Everytime I watch the X-Men movies, I'm so grateful that Dougray Scott had to back out due to scheduling conflicts with Mission Impossible II. I can't picture anyone but Hugh playing Wolverine. He's perfect for the role and believable. Originally I didn't even want to see the first one until I saw the part where he and Sabretooth battle on top of the statue of Liberty in a commercial. He had that "I'm going to f- you up" look and I said "Wow ! I have got to see that !" He is just amazing. If I had my way, I'd sit down with him over dinner and pick his brain. He seems like a great guy to hang out with, and his wife could come along too. She seems very cool.

February 3, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  8. smanCometh

I guarantee he could pack on 30 lbs of solid muscle if he does an effective cycle of steroids and HGH. That would be his best bet. And for those of you knuckleheads that think steroids are a death sentence then you just show your ignorance. Taking tylenol is worse than a reasonable cycle of roids.

February 3, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  9. Carly

HJ looked nearly perfect in the last one so why mess with perfection? But something tells me he'll be great no matter what he does. He IS Wolverine!

February 3, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  10. KDGMOM

Mr. Jackman, the very best thing to EVER come from Australia, please be careful about what you are doing to your body. You have a wonderful wife and two beautiful kids and changing your body so drastically just for a role in a movie is absurd and absolutely unhealthy. I'm SO SURE you are reading this but I had to tell you how much I love anything you entertain us with. You are an entertainer NOT someone competing for Mr. Universe. However if you competed for Mr. Universe I would vote for you...

February 3, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  11. Common Sense

Got to love how suddenly everyone's an expert on the stock market houseing market hugh jackman wolverine bulking up whatever. Seriously who cares move on. It's not like anyone here is ever going to meet let alone be Hugh Jackman. Before anyone starts talking about their opinions on how to bulk up or what 6000 calories of good or bad food will do lets see some qualifications to support your opinions until then women eat your hearts out & men keep being jealous & let the director Hugh Jackman & his trainer worry about making the goal. Oh and Hollywood grow some brain cells & come up with some original ideas comic books video games & remakes are so tacky and stupid especially the ones you've been choosing lately.

February 3, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  12. Victor

I just hope this movie takes away the bad taste in my mouth that the last one left.

Boy what a stinker that one was!

February 3, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  13. Victor

I just hop this movie takes away the bad taste in my mouth that the last one left.

Boy what a stinker that one was!

February 3, 2011 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  14. Anthony Lazzarini

6,000 calories, that is what I have to eat between the months of April through October just to maintain my 168 pounds, but then again I am an outdoor basketball player that destroys calories during the warm months. The rest of the year I hang out in the 2-3 thousand calorie range. The best way to tell if this guy is taking steroids would be the amount of lean muscle mass he is putting on as opposed to body fat. As is always the case with people that are not taking steroids they seem to put on nothing by lean muscle mass, and at age 42 the only way to accomplish that is to use what I call “Santa’s little helperz”! See Barry Bonds, oh that’s right he did not take steroids, just ask him!

February 3, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  15. Soni

Jack.....Hollywood Kills!

Be careful, it's just one movie. Life is more important than death.

February 3, 2011 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  16. Mike

Just wait until his heart stops beating in the middle of the night because his body isn't prepared for all that extra weight and muscle.

February 3, 2011 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  17. Caveman

Interestingly enough, Hugh got the part for the first Wolvering because he was in the elevator with two people, one of them the casting director I think, and the second person who know him asked "Is this the guy playing Wolverine?", and oddly enough, he turned to look at him and said "yes", and that's how he got the role. Correct me if I'm wrong. -

February 3, 2011 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
  18. D.Mayhem

so... if anyone saw the leaked wolverine they would already know... IT ALREADY IS CGI!

February 3, 2011 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |
  19. AvgJoe

I'm same height, eat about 2000 calories a day and work out 6x per week. I'm 270 pounds, about 40% body fat, and it's coming off slow, maybe a pound a week..... Man I wish I had his body!

February 3, 2011 at 6:31 am | Report abuse |
  20. matroon

He eats almost as much as ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER does!! HE should visit Abdullah The Butcher's fine eatery located in Atlanta, Georgia for an excellent and calorie filled meal.

February 3, 2011 at 6:28 am | Report abuse |
  21. NLONY

A lot of people didn't like Australia but I just watched it on HBO and I thought it was a very good movie, long, but a very good story.

February 3, 2011 at 5:55 am | Report abuse |
  22. Joey

Will this finally be a good X-Men film? Well, it's taken from a Frank Miller comic series, maybe the best one ever written about the character. For those not in the know about comics, Miller wrote 300. The highest grossing rated R flick of all time. And Sin City, which was a great comic adaptation. I have high hopes for this film, with Aronofsky at the helm. And Hugh does need to bulk up to play Wolvie. In the comics he is thick and short.

February 3, 2011 at 5:09 am | Report abuse |
  23. Jackman Never Good for Wolverine.

Thats the problem. Its not that you have to make Hughman stockier, its that you should of cast a short stocky, body building guy instead of a NAME to the character.

He was always wrong and always will be.

February 3, 2011 at 4:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Joey

Not so sure that Jackman was a name before being cast as Wolverine, but I agree with you in principle.

February 3, 2011 at 5:11 am | Report abuse |
  24. gear

its called steroids. gear, not every steroid makes u huge, winny anyone? But at 42 and to put 20-30 lbs on in under a yr is impossible less its all fat. which we know it is not. Not hatin, its still a lot of hard work and he is a hard worker. but 6 grand a day is a lot for someone only 210. 220 resting metabloic rate is aroun 3500 and he is almost double. Hed gain mostly fat if he did that, less he juiced.

February 3, 2011 at 3:27 am | Report abuse |
  25. Sherri

I would think that having a yo-yo diet to such an extreme would be kind of...not healthy? I dunno...maybe it's just me.

February 3, 2011 at 3:18 am | Report abuse |
  26. Moo

6000 Calories? Who's going to be his stunt double, Oprah?

February 3, 2011 at 2:52 am | Report abuse |
  27. Staal

What about his health? Don't push the man into steroids, some people just aren't meant to have huge muscle bound bodies and he's been a terrific Wolverine.

February 3, 2011 at 2:49 am | Report abuse |
  28. djorge

I like how the movie folk are making the Wolverine movies not as a chain of movies. Similarly to Spiderman, superman, or Pirates of the Caribbean. Though the character Wolverine is the same, all the stories seem to reflect his troubled life and not bouncing from one film to another.

February 3, 2011 at 1:44 am | Report abuse |
  29. MIke

I'm surprised nobody mentioned The Fountain that Aronofsky directed and Hugh starred in. Great movie. None of the scenes seemed forced. I love Aronofsky, Hugh Jackman and X-men comics so I'm pretty stoked to see this. I can't believe how bad the 2nd and 3rd movies in the trilogy were, so hopefully this will make up for it.

February 3, 2011 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  30. julz

I thought Hugh Jackman looked unbelievably fabulous in the last X Men movie....slim, healthy and toned. Do we really need to promote looks that appear to be the result of steroids?

February 3, 2011 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  31. bubba

He could do what Michael Keaton did when he was Batman – sew some fake chest muscle and ab padding into his costumes.

February 3, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  32. mmi16

Over 40 the pounds go on easily.....they don't come off anywhere near as easily.

February 2, 2011 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Mom

OK well bulk up i'm sorry but high and low weight is not healthy, Hey producers maybe you should think of the health of your actors before you ask them to do a dramatic change in there diet! morons. He is a good actor and looks fine the way he is, use animation to bulk him up! Idots one reason why is america having so much weight problems Geee actors drop and gain on a dime is a wunderfull roll model for our younger teens. I hope some loser producer who thinks he is king poop reads this. Leave weight out of movies, use effects as to keep people healthy plain and simple, can't offord to use special effects then dont make the darn movie!

February 2, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  34. t

You mean he is down to 6000 a day.

February 2, 2011 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  35. jdoe

No big deal. Most Americans already do this on a daily basis.

February 2, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  36. angelika bertrand

Honestly, If some one would tell me to pack on the pounds. I would deny to be the actor in this movie. Just for a movie, are they nuts? Do they not understand that people can get troubles with health issues? Not too mention cholesterol , diabetics, etc? Insane if you asked me With movie tickets increasing prices, I will not go to Cinemas lately.

February 2, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Riiiiight

So if someone offered you $20 million for 9 months worth of work, and the only caveat was that you had to gain 20 pounds, you would say "no thanks". Uh huh. Right.

February 2, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  37. haha

And oh ya, you do still have to work hard while juicing. You can't just sit on your ass and expect to get buff. But your body can support 3x the volume of training and deliver 10x the results.

February 2, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Cara

Aronofsky is very strict with his actors and actresses. He makes Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis go down to 100 pounds for the Black Swan, and he makes Hugh Jackman gain 20+ pounds for his latest film. The Black Swan was beyond amazing. So I would say that the results were definitely worth the sacrifice. The actors definitely know what they are getting into, and unlike a regular person they will be able to gain their physique back in record time. So why does it matter? They obviously have trained professionals and nutritionists who are making sure that they are not malnourished. So we as the audience really shouldn't care, we will go and patronize the film no matter what. Besides what lady wouldn't mind seeing a more ripped Jackman?

February 2, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  39. haha

Sarah, you haven't a clue. I'm a trainer. I know plenty of naturals and juicers alike. Maybe 1 in 1,000 men can gain 20 pounds of muscle naturally in a few months at 42 years of age. Maybe 1 in 50 can do that at 20 years of age. Add a little juice and most people can do it. You decide whether Jackman is a 1 in 1,000 athlete or just an average Joe with a hookup. And don't say "fat will turn to muscle" unless you enjoy sounding like an idiot. Fat and muscle don't turn into one another.

February 2, 2011 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • DrFood

Get used to misinformation. That's the price we pay to live in a networked world. I can't even get close to the amount of BS floating around about nutrition and food safety.

February 2, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josh

Good points. But I think the outcome depends vastly on 1) how much time you have to dedicate to your training, 2) how much you can afford to spend on high-grade supplements, clinical nutrition, and professional assistance. No one said this is happening in just a few months, it's likely more like 6+ months (movies are often slated a year in advance). Additionally, this is his full time job so he could easily be doing 2 a days or 3 a days...not like us poor working class saps who have to struggle to squeeze 4 workouts a week into our busy schedules. And on top of that, very few of those 1000 men you just mentioned are millionaires who can afford to be putting the best of the best non-steroidal supplements and high-grade fuels into their bodies, and hiring personal chefs, nutritionists and professional trainers all day every day. Just saying, if anyone can do it naturally at age 42, it's a millionaire with 7 days a week for 6 months of nothing but time and money on his hands.

February 2, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Tammy

They should have cast Glenn Danzig originally. He tried out. Then they would have had their short, stocky Wolverine.

February 2, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  41. wr

4 movies in and they just figured out this guy was miscast?
    Wolverine is 5'3", ugly, hairy and massively built. So, naturally, Hollywood hired a tall, good-looking, skinny guy. Brilliant!

February 2, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Sarah

It's hilarious to see how many users have posted what it really means for the 6,000 calories of muscle-building food – which is true, and then seeing how many ignorant posts of people calling him fat after they read 6,000 calories. Anyone who doesn't have a clue about muscle-building diets really need to read up on it. You eat that much a day, and exercise a lot per day, fat will turn to muscle. You don't need steriods in order to do that either. lol So please, do yourself a favour and read up on things like this before making posts that's full of fail. /facepalm

Lean meats and lots of whole grains and veggies, and high-protein drinks, along with a full body/cardio workout can really make a difference – lean or bulky...it all depends how you want to look.

February 2, 2011 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  43. haha

Sure, he's gonna gain 20 pounds of solid muscle in a few months at freaking 42 years of age. All natural. Just lots of calories and hard hard work at the gym. No steroids involved at all. No sir, no steroids at all. Jeeeeez people, haven't we learned anything from the whole MLB thing? Steroids are more common than pot. Freaking junior high girls use them. Somebody who stands to make millions from looking buff would be an idiot not to use them too. But ya, keep thinking it's all "hard work"

February 2, 2011 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  44. OMGZZLOLCATZR2MUCHFUN4ME

Brave? Of course not. Hard work? For sure. Overpaid actors and silly news stories? Absolutely. However that doesn't negate the fact that this type of diet and workout represents more hard work and dedication toward fitness and exercise than you will likely ever demonstrate in your entire life.

February 2, 2011 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Del

This is what a personal publicist sits around thinking up all day...

February 2, 2011 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  46. OMGZZ

HES SO BRAVE. THESE HOLLYWOOD ACTORS ARE SO BRAVE WHEN THEY EAT LOTS FOR A ROLE. SO BRAVE! SUCH HARD WORK. SO BRAVE.

February 2, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Greycat

Wolverine in the comics is about 5'6" tall and around 185-190. Short, stocky and solid

February 2, 2011 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Jammy100

Yawn.

February 2, 2011 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  49. EnglishFoodSux

If I had to eat English food I would be skinny as a rail!

February 2, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  50. mashley

Seriously. Those of you gasping at his cal intake know absolutely ZERO about what he's doing. No, he doesn't go to McDonalds. Calories are NOT UNHEALTHY, its the TYPE of calories you put in your body. So many idiots in the US equate calories with being fat instead of calories being fuel. So many people starve their metabolism by eating 1200 cals a day only making themselves fatter. Eating 6000 a day and exercising is making his metabolism burn like a furnace. AND IT IS CLEAN, WHOLE FOODS – not frozen diet garbage. Guarantee you he's eating: lean steaks, chicken, brown rice, plain oatmeal, sweet potatoes, green veggies, bananas and apples and protein shakes. It's not steroids either for you that are too lazy to realize hard work pays off.

February 2, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josh

Amen. At least a few of us get it. It's so sad how misinformed our country is about nutrition. I agree that he's likely NOT on steroids or HGH. 1) He has the time and resources to do it the right way, the healthy way. and 2) Steroids and HGH have a tendency to make your physique look unnatural, or even grotesque...something you obviously can't afford if you're on camera with your shirt off, having every aspect of your appearance scrutinized. Acceptable for a pro-wrestler or body builder...not for a model or an actor playing this kind of role.

February 2, 2011 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vince

I agreed with most of what you said, until you got to the part about people thinking he's on steroids are crazy. At 42 years old his hormones are not where they need to be to gain 30 pounds in a couple months. I'm guessing you're one of the people who think that Christian Bale went from 120 to 220 in 6 months without juice. What about Brad Pitt for Troy? Gerard Butler for 300? Sylvester Stallone for every movie he's been in? I've never tried steroids and am a natural good gainer, but packing on 30 pounds of muscle in 3 months while cutting is just not happening for a 40 year old who is already a pretty big guy.

February 3, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  51. Shane

Clint Eastwood isn't tall? Someone needs to do some research. 6'2" isn't exactly short.

And, to put it in perspective for those of you that think that it's not a big deal, 6000 calories is about 11 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast. I'm sure that he's not just eating chicken but it's probably a pretty large part of the diet. Probably a few pounds, at least, each day. When you're eating healthy, 6000 calories is a lot of food.

February 2, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Vince

This article is a little misleading though saying that he eats 6,000 calories a day. He's also killing it in the gym for hours a day. He is also probably enjoying his steroids and HGH. So yes, the calories are making him put on muscle, but not anymore than the juice or the insane workouts.

February 2, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Michael R.

So what? I eat that many calories a day also. Sadly, I dont do enough to work them off. But on the bright side, I still look better than Hugh :)

February 2, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  54. rob

I am excited. I hope this movie is a good one. I wonder if they will ever do another X Men with the whole cast again. Anyways I thought the Woverine Orgins was pretty good. I like X Men 2 the best.

February 2, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Celeste

Holy hell, if I ate 6000 calories a day I'd gain more than a pound and a half EACH day. As it is I cannot seem to lose weight even though I only eat 1500 a day.

February 2, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • mashley

case in point: you're starving yourself. Your body's metabolism is no longer working as it thinks your are going to die. If you exercise, up you calories by at LEAST 1000 per day and eat clean foods, the weight falls off. Whoever told you to eat 1500 cals a day is an idiot and about as uneducated in fitness as it gets.

February 2, 2011 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Josh

I am dismayed (but sadly not shocked) by how few people seem to know the difference between 6000 calories of whole, nutritious, high-protein foods versus "McDonalds, Arby's, Pizza, Coke, and Beer". Ingesting 6000 calories per day of pure crap is easy, cheap, would make you incredibly fat, and would very quickly start to kill you. Eating 6000 calories on a healthy diet is extremely hard (although obviously much easier when you're rich and have a personal chef and nutritionist at your disposal). Even still it's physically demanding...you seriously have to be eating 6-8 times a day, and pretty large servings at that.

And as for the comments that he is killing himself with this regimen, and that it's not worth the money...you're crazy. First of all, he's probably doing this for 6-8 months maximum, not nearly long enough to be "taking years off of his life". And even if that were the case, I would gladly give up the last few years of my life for $25 million today (or whatever he's getting paid). You would too, don't lie.

February 2, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  57. diggety doo

Thanks for the excellent reporting on all of the day's truly important topics, CNN!

February 2, 2011 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  58. @anna

Anna you are an absolute moron!!!! Why are people with such closed minded opinions have to constantly drag the rest of us down!!!

February 2, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Tracey

Some people have all the luck, it only takes me 50 extra calories a day to gain 20 pounds.

February 2, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Jon

If they don't want Jackman to look like Eastwood they need to change his hairstyle, not his body composition.

February 2, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • wr

Facially, Eastwood looked a lot more like Wolverine than Jackman did.

And don't get me started on Jonah Hex.

February 2, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Joe NY, NY

HOWARD THE DUCK! FORGET WOLVERIND AND THAT RUST HEAD IRON MAN - HOWARD THE DUCK IS WAY MORE BADASS PER POUND!!!!

February 2, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  62. English Guy

Whats the fuss? I thought 6,000 calories was the typical intake for an average American.

February 2, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  63. steamed hams

6000 cal.'s is impressive and Hugh's already got a tremendous physique. It's not out of the ordinary for elite athletes to be eating that much. At the height of his training regimen, Michael Phelps was downing ~12,000 calories!

February 2, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Kevin H

I know Mr. Jackman might not read this so let's see if we can get some coalescence around this. Mr. Jackman (a fantastic and handsome actor, btw) is binging in order to bulk up. I understand that athletes do this – however – an I am not expert – but it occurs to me this is just as bad as when some of the actors and actresses go on unhealthy crash diets to lose weight. This would not seem to me to be healthy. Make fun of me if you like – but what message does this send to young people – men and women? That extremes in order to achieve goals. What kind of goals are they? Yes it's millions of dollars – but what damage will this do to the man? And what about the people that copy him who don't have personal trainers and others to take over the mess when it's over.

February 2, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vince

Sorry, but your comment shows a complete lack of knowledge about nutrition. He's not eating 6,000 calories of McDonalds and sitting on the couch to bulk up. However for someone who is following an intense workout program and trying to gain muscle this is not unhealthy. At his size he probably needs to consume 2,500 calories a day just to maintain his current size if he didn't do anything. With an extremely active workout routine he would burn 5,000 calories per day to maintain current size. So in order to get bigger he would need to eat more than 5,000 calories per day.

February 2, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  65. R DANGER

Rush Limbaugh eats 6000 calories a day as well with much diffrent results.

February 2, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Blackdynamite

Darren is right
    At over six feet tall, 190 lbs is too light for a muscular, thick look
    210-220 is about right
    BD

February 2, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  67. I-know-hugh

Steriods

February 2, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  68. I-know-hugh

Steroids

February 2, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  69. SayWhat

Poor guy ... in mamby-pamby land they don't make you eat if you don't want to. I am sure eating is not the big deal. Why don't you give us details on his work-out routine he has to do every day to build the muscle mass? Now that would be GREAT new for a CNN headline ... or not.

February 2, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Brook

Hugh Jackman... ~sigh~

February 2, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  71. cochinita

WHY IS THIS NEWS?

February 2, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  72. C

X-Men Origins: Wolverine was a horrible movie and add to that how bad they screwed up other characters(Deadpool) and Marvel comic lore the movie was even worse. The only bright spot was that Liev Schreiber makes an awesome Sabertooth. I would hope that "The Wolverine" will be better, I don't see how it could get worse. Hopefully they lay off the over the top stunts, over used CGI and get more than two good actors this time around, regardless I won't see the next one until its on DVD or tv.

February 2, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  73. THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR SOCIETY...

How is this pressing news?....American society is taking a nose-dive!!!

February 2, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  74. mb

the makeup dept can make him look bulkier, he doesn't have to risk his health to make millions, he needs to ask about other options or maybe skip the role

February 2, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Tevii

He called The Rock to see how he did it.... which means he'll be pumpinp the juice for the role.... but that'll be one bad Wolverine. Cant wait for the movie. Jackman is a badass.

February 2, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Burbank

I would think twice if I were him. Travolta did that for a role in the 90's and has been fat ever since. If you are around 40 or so it can be really hard to get it back off again, your metabolism changes.

February 2, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  77. jimmynog

Here's a newsflash for the director: Clint Eastwood is not tall. And he's kinda narrow in the shoulders.

February 2, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amy

He didn't say Eastwood was tall. He said Jackman was tall, and in long shots his lower weight made him look like Clint Eastwood. A higher weight on a taller guy (Jackman) would look like less weight on a shorter guy. Jackman would have to weight more to look bulkier because he's tall.

February 2, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  78. The two witnesses

They're here!! The two witnesses spoken of in revelation chapter 11!! Please call 800 613 9494 or visit Facebook.com/wefoundthem
    Don't delay,call today!!!

February 2, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Jeama

I want to look like Hugh Jackman. I just ate my second loaf of Wonder Bread and tonight I'm ordering a family size KFC with all the trimmings.

February 2, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  80. derp

So he eats 6000 calories a day. Big deal, so does Oprah.

February 2, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  81. divinem1

I love that he's willing to go the extra 6,000 miles! to make his body match the character. Love me some Hugh Jackman. Multi-talented and so fabulously gorgeous! I'll be seeing you in theaters soon, Hugh! <3

February 2, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Pete

He's not eating 6000 cal I promise you. He's on steroids and GH.

February 2, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Rod Venger

A grand a day for a personal trainer... lol. His mother-in-law would tell him to move his butt for free.

February 2, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Habad

So many actors are short already, I think they should take advantage of Hugh's height and make everything proportionate.

February 2, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Nyxxie

If eating 6,000 calories makes you that dreamy, then there's a few men I can point towards the nearest McDonalds!

February 2, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Wawawhat

Ah... gotta love the internet. What's next a daily ticker for Hugh's progress? Plus, at 6'2", he could go as high as 240 lbs and still look acceptable to most.

Take in as many calories as you want, one just needs to offset it with exercise. My guess is Hugh has plenty of personal trainers to help him along that path.

February 2, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Josh

STEROIDS!

February 2, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Tim B

Drink 12 Beer and eat 2-3 pizzas a day.

February 2, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Bob Devendorf

Like it really made any difference in the first Wolverine film and it doesn't in most films. After all Scorcese picked De Caprio to play Howard Hughs which is about as far removed from reality as you can get.

February 2, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Lola

Man! People do some reading on Weight lifting nutrition. 6000 calories of good quality protein and complex carbs along with weight training is what Hugh's gonna need to bulk up. Hugh just keep doing what you're doing. All of us in the industry know that after the film, you go back in cardio mode to lean back up. Hugh you are the man!

February 2, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Brent

Sounds like the average American diet

February 2, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Name*mitch schultz

What an idiot all that money only to raise his chances of raps heart disease l. Calorie restriction is the way to live and die well.

February 2, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  93. C S

Key to long life is low calorie diet while maintaining proper nutrution, exercise, low stress, low anger, and having good relationships. This diet will take a few years off his life. Now let's see all the angry voracious eaters post negative things about my comment and witness the irony!!

February 2, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  94. theson

I respect the film and actor more if he makes the sacrifices to change his appearance for the role

February 2, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Big Mo

Of course 6,000 calories a day with a healthy dose of HGH works wonders in a few months that most be real nice!!! Can i get some HGH too????

February 2, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  96. victoria

cant wait to see his hot body!

February 2, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  97. kazz

Aronofsky is overrated – we don't need more reboots.

February 2, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barry

We need more reboots until they get the movies right. None of the X-Men movies follow the actual storyline.

Agreed with the comment that Batman (Christian Bale), is the only one that has followed the true story.

February 2, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Dave

All hail Aronofsky! Finally, a director that knows the source material. His comments about the physicality of the character are spot on.

February 2, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Antwoine

ITS ABOUT TIME!!! A director with the balls to make a movie about a comic book character based on THE ACTUAL COMIC BOOK!!! What a novel Idea!! the first three X-men movies were so far off the storyline(s) that the finally one did not even resemble the X-men.... the Best Comic to Screen adaptation so far was the DC comics Batman with Christen Bale... Let's hope THIS rendition of Wolverine will be true to the storyline.

February 2, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Cartman42

This movie is an adaptation of the 80's Wolverine mini-series comic. This is right up there with The Dark Knight Returns as the greatest comics of the 80's, and both were Frank Miller. I hope they do it justice.

February 2, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  101. bes

He's gooooooooooooorgeous!

February 2, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Talktome

I LOVE WOLVERINE!!! MUAAH***

February 2, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  103. denise

This man is SUPER HOT!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!

February 2, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  104. mr e

6000 Calories, that's like one trip to McDonald's. I wonder how his blood work and internal organs are holding up to this kind of thrashing. Knocking 10 years off your life might not be worth the money.

February 2, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  105. yummy

i'd hit that and i'd let him hit me as hard as he wanted!

February 2, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Marco555

Just downed 2 arby's roast beef and cheddars. Looks like we're about even.

February 2, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joseph

2 Arby's RB and cheddars? You're not even close to 6K. You would have to throw in about 4 Double Whoppers, 2 Litres of Pepsi and two pints of Chubby Hubby. I hope he takes Zantac as his reflux at night is going to be killer.

February 2, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  107. mike

He's not eating pizza, alfredo, butter bread, etc.. . .he's eating 6000 calories of the proper amounts of protein, carbs, etc. That's MUCH more difficult that just stuffing your face with junk food.

February 2, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • lola

Thanks Mike. It's good to see comments from someone who knows what he's talking about.

February 2, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fiona

It's not that hard, mike. A couple (high calorie) protein shakes a day, on top of three big meals and probably a couple of protein (body building) bars between meals, and you get way up there in calories. Junk food isn't necessary.

February 2, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Hugh J Fan

Who cares what he has to eat, what he needs to weigh, or what they call the movie. The guy is smokin' hot, period.

February 2, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Brandon

Aronofsky should do the Wolverine franchise proud. The Wrestler and Black Swan were very visceral and gritty. I'm actually looking forward to this one.

February 2, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • I actually mean the opposite of what I say

Yea, can't wait to see a close of wolverine's pupils when he goes from friendly wolverine to angry wolverine(that's aronofsky's way of showing that everyone has a "drug" of some kind). Oh, yea, and the gross shots that aronofsky always does of peoples fingernails being cut and random shots of extraneous blood...should be awesome! OK...now to my serious point...does anyone else think Aronofsky is way overrated and his movies are gross and make you feel gross when you leave the theater...that is how I have felt after all of his movies...the guy is a hack...

March 2, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Jiggered

Man, he must be kickin' out HUGE turds!!

February 2, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Marco555

Pig

February 2, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Marcus

It's funny that they said he looked like Clint Eastwood, because I always thought he'd be the perfect Dirty Harry if they were ever to remake those movies.

February 2, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Kay

They're working on a movie version of the musical 'Les Miserables' for 2012 (William Nicholson's writing the screenplay right now), and I'm hoping they consider Hugh for the lead as Jean Valjean. I think he'd be great!

February 2, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Mitchell

What a beast. (ha wolverine...)

February 2, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  115. anotherbrian

6,000 calories isn't that hard, pizza for breakfast, alfredo and butter bread sticks for lunch, two big macs super sized meals for dinner and a ice cream shake before bed. Heck you might even his 7,000. Don't forge the cokes between meals. It's called Wolverine Supersized.

February 2, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • james vond

He's trying to bulk up, not get fat.

February 2, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • mashley

That's the problem with this country. Too many big haired Richard Simmons types taught the US to cut calories and eat crappy frozen diet foods. NO – the 6000 calories are from whole grains, sweet potatoes, lean red meat, brown rice, chicken, green vegetables and protein supplements (shakes). Anyone who says this is "Steroids" is an idiot that knows nothing about what they're saying.

February 2, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  116. justchecking

why not choose another actor, and save the food for the hungry kids...?

February 2, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  117. J0nx

190?? How is this possible? I'm 3" shorter than him at 6' and I weigh 200 pounds and I am lanky as heck. I have a lot of muscle weight but I am nowhere near as buff as he was for wolverine. That dude had to have been 230 easily for that movie since muscle is so heavy. Doesn't make sense.

February 2, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carlos

That is because the muscles look bigger without all the fat around them.

February 2, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Fiona

It's hilarious that the director told Jackman he looked too much like Clint Eastwood for the Wolverine character. When I saw the original X Men, I assumed he was doing the early-Eastwood look on purpose. In fact, I found it really annoying. I think it's a cheap trick when one actor copies the look and mannerisms of another.

February 2, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  119. heston 2012

Hugh would make a great Roland for the Dark Tower franchise.

February 2, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Huge Dark Tower Fan

With Clint Eastwood being so old, Hugh would be a great choice but I do believe a series of movies or TV mini series (too long for even a 3 hour movie or even two 3 hour movies) would never do any justice to the books. Especially if that joke of director from Lost has his hands in it which he already has the rights to the books for that purpose. Let's see but I'm willing to bet it will be horrible. I hope its everything it can be. It's my favorite story from Steven King!

February 2, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Annie

Yes! yes! YES!!

February 2, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • DT

I think Bale would be a better Roland than Jackman :P But would love to see him reprise his role in a sequel to Van Helsing.

February 2, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • wobbles

Rumor has it that Javier Bardem is the choice. I'm wondering how that will work out. I was hoping for Viggo Mortensen.

February 2, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  120. John

6000 is nuts. I'm bulking up, and eating about 3500 a day, and it is TOUGH! Whey protein isolate shakes supplement the protein needs, but it is still very tough to hit the daily numbers required!

I guess if you get personal trainers and full-time service, it's a little easier...

February 2, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Doomguy

Go to McDonalds, any # item on the menu, supersized will get you halfway there, lol.

February 2, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • JohnQPublic

No way he went from 190 to 230 (lean muscle mass) in a few months without steroids or HGH. Physically impossible to put that much lean muscle mass on in that time frame without them. Also, he can't be going to Arby's/McDs for those 7000 calories or he'd be packing on a ton too much fat and not getting quality protein.

February 2, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • mashley

He went from 190 to 210 – not 235. I'm at 222 and eating the same way 6000 cals a day. He's right though, it's not fun. It's not as if he's eating ice cream and cookies. The only sugar I get is in OJ or in concentrated form after workouts. I don't even look at sweets or garbage food like boxed food, frozen food or McDonalds.

February 2, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • mgb

"The term "Third World" arose during the Cold War to define countries that remained non-aligned or not moving at all with either capitalism and NATO (which along with its allies represented the First World) or communism and the Soviet Union (which along with its allies represented the Second World). This definition provided a way of broadly categorizing the nations of the Earth into three groups based on social, political, and economic divisions."
      also said- "Not to be confused with Developing country."

February 2, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • mgb

Whoops!! I meant to say that to @Anna's post up there; sorry!

February 2, 2011 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • wobbles

An intelligent program, enough effort, enough food, and enough time are what it takes to get bigger. He has all those going for him and only has to be responsible for the effort part. It's alot harder for the rest of us who ahve to try to do it while balancing work and family and on a budget.Imagine what gains you would make if money was not a concern and all you had to do all day is lift and eat enough?

February 2, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Chris

3 people in the 3rd world would have appreciated having their recommended 2000 calories a day.

February 2, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • nick the duck

You could of fed more like 6-8 people in the 3rd world on that diet but that's besided the point.

February 2, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • T3chsupport

Well then maybe those 3 people should get 3 jobs.

Really though, if you thought my comment was stupid, go back and read yours.

February 2, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • anna

The 3rd world is a bottomless pit!
      People in the 3rd world need to start looking after themselves, stop having their hands out for money and food from other countries.

And above all stop having babies!!

February 2, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • JC-VA

Let's be gentle with the third world countries thing... The way America is going it won't be late before it's us asking other countries for money and food....

February 2, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Anna

You, madam, are an idiot. America is rapidly becoming a 3rd world country. So.. why dont you tell all those poor starving, unemployed Americans to go get a job? Oh thats right.. those jobs have moved over to those former 3rd world countries... who are now the manufacturers of the world and are first world countries!
      '3rd world countries are a bottomless pit'? Geez, do you understand that America is now only a nation of Consumers? How many times do you have to hear that to understand? America is the bottomless pit! We consume and consume, and create nothing! Go get yourself an education and start using that space between your ears...

February 2, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • hmmm strange

big deal! most americans eat more then 6000 calories a day

February 2, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • wobbles

February 2, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mark C

"The 3rd world is the 3rd world because the people in it do nothing to change it. I have zero sympathy for them."

Wow - you're a moron and a useless piece of garbage besides. Move out of your mother's basement and learn something about the world some time.

February 3, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  122. the_dude

Why don't you guys do something original like "Wolverine the musical" or "X-men on ice" or "Dancing with the X-men stars"???

February 2, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Miguel

Hope Hugh can carry the entire movie on his own !!!

February 2, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Mike

Who cares about Wolverine!

STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 2, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  125. chris

jesus h christ, whats next, an entirely different movie called "A Wolverine". A stand alone pseudo epilogue "Wolverines" then the ebonic standalone "An Wolverine" Finally some hip, anti-establishment standalone "Wolverined" which consist of quentin tarrantino digitally enhancing himself shoulting cusswords in between freeze shots of gore filled cartoon violence?

February 2, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Colin

"anti-establishment standalone "Wolverined" which consist of quentin tarrantino digitally enhancing himself shoulting cusswords in between freeze shots of gore filled cartoon violence?"

I'd totally watch that.

Despite being burned by X3 and Origins, the marriage of Wolverine and Aronofsky is enough to get me in the seat.

February 2, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Da_Brik

Best comment of the day

February 2, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • marvelous

You obviously haven't read any of the stories about Wolverine. Or seen any of the earlier movies. Also, anyone who references ebonics for any reason has serious issues.

February 2, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chocone

Wow is Jesus in this movie too? Now I know its going to be good!!!

February 2, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • HenryZgrotenhuis32

Entertaining Comment!

February 2, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  126. mommabearof2

Hugh you look great at any weight and we'll keep watching you in all your movies. PS If I was cooking your meals you would bulk up faster,ha,ha.

February 2, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  127. BR

7 figures to digitally bulk him up vs. a few grand for a personal trainer and a few months of hard work. no-brainer for the studio.

February 2, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

Few grand for a personal trainer?? Lol. They are more like 1 grand per day in hollywood.

February 2, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Hero

Steroids plain and simple. Many actors take them to bulk up for roles: Ed Norton (American History X), Brad Pitt (Troy), Charlie Sheen (Hot Shots), etc.

February 2, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Charles C

@Steve: Even at $1000/day for a personal trainer, it's still a good deal compared to CGI. For a whole year, that only works out to $365k vs. the multi-million dollar budget it would take to digitally add bulk to every frame of the movie that he's in. I knew that Americans were bad at math, but come on, this is an embarrassment. It's still a better deal even if you double the price of the trainer and factor in the cost of a nutritionist and personal chef.

February 2, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • smasheduprr

@The Hero : Lol I promise you none of those actors you listed ever used steroids. Trust me, I bulk as well (naturally) and I have a naturally lean build that can get the muscular Brad Pitt/Ed Norton look (as opposed to the Schwarzenegger look) when I'm doing things right and people like me (and them) are all natural. The suggestion that any of used steroids would make a professional bodybuilder laugh his ass off because despite being lean and muscular, the people who use steroids will (lightheartedly) describe us as skinny twinks. Hugh Jackman is bulking up to way more than those actors probably ever were and I doubt Hugh Jackman is using steroids. First of all, if I'm not mistaken, Jackman is a lot taller, but even accounting for that, I'm sure he's expected to have 10-20lbs (curved for height) on those guys. But seriously, the guys listed are known for being lean guys who bulk to a middleweight at best. No one there has touched steroids. It's called eating right, working out and pumping up pre-action for a well lit scene :)

February 2, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  128. O.M. Gosh

Holy cow. The 6000 made his beard grow like crazy. It's been reported that he shaved at 8 this morning. Durn!

February 2, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  129. myohmy

With all the technology available these days a CGI can't be used instead of bulking up?

February 2, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • chewie1

The same people who say this say that Beowulf, Avatar, etc... look too fake.

February 2, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • stwebb

Whoa that's a ton of charmin!

February 2, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • rtodd

CGI sux!!!!!!

February 2, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Daniel

Sure, if they wanted to waste a portion of the movie budget to do something that will look better if done naturally..

February 2, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe in Colorado

I'd mess with Wolverine before I'd mess with Clint Eastwood. Nothing wrong with the way Wolvie looked.

February 2, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rocky252

Maybe he should change the spelling of his name to Huge Ackman

February 2, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eat big turd big too

Yes I guess?

February 2, 2011 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • jcReliever

rtodd: THANK YOU !!!! You are so right !!! It has NO soul !!

February 2, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • alanstanwyk

He's using Wingman Pheromones as well – it works!!

February 2, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • ero

cgi costs money. making him bulk up costs a lot less than editing every frame where they need him to look bigger.

February 3, 2011 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Tom

Who the hell is this guy? I have never heard of him, and I am not worried about his colon.. CNN? What's the matter now?

February 3, 2011 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
    • ancora

I feel bad for actors/actresses who have to change their bodies so much for roles...sure they're paid a hell of a lot, but it has to take a toll on them. I doubt most people have the time/discipline to follow the exercise regime they're having him to do bulk up for the role that he's been doing perfectly fine so far.... and he was perfectly hot before (wasn't he the #1 "hottest man alive" already?). And so what if his build makes him slightly resemble an awesome actor.

February 3, 2011 at 3:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Hugh is a Hunk

Don't say that!! Don't you WANT to see him all hunk-ified???

February 3, 2011 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Chris

You would rather watch a CGI cartoon rather then a movie with real actors? I wouldn't.

February 3, 2011 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |