Welcome to 'saucy Rihanna' Tuesday
February 1st, 2011

Welcome to 'saucy Rihanna' Tuesday

For the Rihanna-uninitiated, you may be unaware that today is what the pop artist has dubbed “S&M” Tuesday - or, as we prefer to call it, “saucy Rihanna” Tuesday.

First there's the playfully sexy video for her single “S&M" - boasting lyrics like, "Sticks and stones may break my bones but chains and whips excite me" - one can see RiRi pull out all of the bondage stops.

From the beginning, she’s dragged into a press conference filled with reporters sporting ball gags, which is followed up with scenes of Rihanna walking (and spanking) celeb blogger Perez Hilton on a leash while wearing latex, playing dominatrix and then being tied up on a bed.

But, as she told Spin magazine of the track, "I don't think of it in a sexual way, I'm thinking metaphorically," Rihanna said. "It's more of a thing to say that people can talk….people are going to talk about you, you can't stop that. You just have to be that strong person and know who you are so that stuff just bounces off. And I thought it was super bad ass."

The video's producer added in an interview with Billboard that the video "isn't just about a bunch of whips and chains," but rather Rihanna's "sadomasochist relationship with the press."

Interestingly enough, on the same day that the risque video made the rounds, word spread that the soon-to-be 23-year-old star has laid ownership to a topless shot that’s been circulating for awhile now.

After a fan brought up the image last week on Twitter, Rihanna responded, “That would be…ME, when I was skinny!”

Filed under: Celebrities • Music • Rihanna

1. Nothing to see here

Move it along folks...nothing to see with thisN*GGER.

February 3, 2011 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  2. Hmmmmm

lettuce

February 3, 2011 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  3. passionkiwi

@derp... If you actually maybe listen to a whole cd of hers instead of just main stream radio you probably realize that not all her song are synthized...I will let you make an a** of yourself for assuming I am stupid or musical ignorant as you so put it but I actually listen to a wide variation of music I dont think there isnt anything I dont listen to and this includes jazz classical rap rock pop r&b oldies country heavy metal but yep you must be right and you know everything I dont know music at all!!!

February 2, 2011 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

"yep you must be right and you know everything I dont know music at all!!!"

Your insistence that a two octave marginally talented popstress is somehow notable simply proves the point. Thank you for the clarification.

February 3, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  4. Poke out me ears

I think she and Taylor Swift should do a duet of tuneless talentless tongue twisters.

February 2, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  5. passionkiwi

I guess its easy to sit behind a computer and talk s*** about someone will even on her worse day would be more creative and talented than you could ever be... So continue to sit behind your computer where you probably still live with mommy and daddy and are a sad excuse for a human being

February 2, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

Creative and talented? Are you stupid or just ignorant of anyting musical. How do you know she is talented since you have never actually heard her voice? She makes synth edited 2 1/2 minute average sound alike pop songs that are best suited for pole dancing.

Let me guess, her next song will be some stupid little pop ditty about her love life where some dumb a s s rapper steps in the middle to bust a few rhymes while the whole darn song is run through a vocalizer.

Sound familiar?

February 2, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  6. Doug

This is a joke....right?

February 1, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Derp

Cheese is right on this one. She is a nasty talentless flooze. I don't even want to know what goes on down below deck.

February 1, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Superhiro

Agreed Cheefsfury. Insightful commentary as usual.

February 1, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  9. THE LEPPS

OMG YOU INSPIRE ME. TODAY THE CLOSET DOOR SWINGS OPEN AND IM COMING OUT

February 1, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  10. cheefsfury

OMG SHE IS SO GROSS SHE MAKES ME PUKE A LOT

February 1, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • getalife

And just think idiot. If you didn't read this you wouldn't have to puke. unless of course that's your sick fetish.

February 1, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |