Tom Hanks joins Facebook
February 1st, 2011

Tom Hanks joins Facebook

Perhaps caught up in "The Social Network" mania, Tom Hanks has finally joined Facebook. The Oscar winner launched his profile page yesterday, with his first status update announcing, "OFFICIALLY on Facebook!"

Hanks' page includes several studio shots of the star — uploaded in June 2009 — as well as a black-and-white shot of him looking cool while driving down a road in sunglasses.

The rest of the page is largely blank, although the 54-year-old actor — who had almost 350,000 friends as of press time — lists his info as follows:

"I'm that actor in some of the movies you liked and some you didn't. Sometimes I'm in pretty good shape, other times I'm not. Hey, you gotta live, you know?"

We "Like."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • movies • Tom Hanks

1. James Nichols

Thanks Tom

Had a Merry Christmas.....and A Happy New Year to you too. Tell next time, have a good one.

You'r old friend Blacky

January 4, 2012 at 4:12 am | Report abuse |
  2. Jim Nichols ( Blacky ) your old friend from Oak Ave. in C.H.

Hey Tom

I've been trying to get ahold of you for a long time. Remember, you told me to look you up. You said I was the best friend you ever had when I was sit'en on the couch next you at your biethday party. When you came to my place out on the front lawn, before I moved to take care of my mother in San Andreas, you, told me to look you up later, and I have been doing that for several years. We talked alot about this future time we would meet again, we agreed God brought us together as friends for this reason. I'm retired from 40 years of ministry. I love Greek Orthodox. Father Daniel in Salina is my friend. Please e-mail me. Please. God bless, your old friend Jim ( Blacky ).

January 2, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Muhammad Mahfuzur Rahman

The more I wach him the more i becoming a fan of his acting talent...We all love u more than Viktor Navorski in THE TERMINAL.

August 17, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Bill Lavin

Ciao Tom,
    Check out my Father/Daughter Wedding Dance this past month… we started out slow, but when the Black Eyed Peas hit, we tore the house down…!!!
    Hope you enjoy… cheers… bill

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnzobP1ZOX8&w=640&h=390]

July 6, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  5. Victor

350,000 friends????

Really???

How does he keep track of them all????

He must have one of his assistants constantly accepting friend requests, and I bet said assistant is getting paid in a month more than I make in a year just to sit in front of the computer and make people believe that Tom Hanks is actually their friend.

People, get real, most of the people you have on Face Book are not really your friends and neither is Tom Hanks.

February 3, 2011 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  6. drinkinmyhand

He looks older than he did a few years ago.

February 2, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  7. paulbmro

Did Charlie Sheen wanted to commit suicide ? Details here: moviesfan.eu/news/item/303-did-charlie-sheen-wanted-to-commit-suicide-?

February 2, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  8. scroo yoo

WHY TOM WHY?

You should have remained a castaway

February 2, 2011 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
  9. Marie

TOM HANKS U SHLD FIND ME ON FB ND BE MY FRIEND LOL..

February 2, 2011 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
  10. Visual Studio Programmer

He will either get one of his many assistants to update it for him, or get bored and never update it.

February 1, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  11. B=Dog

Does he have a normal page... or one of the Celeb pages where you can be a "fan" .... Lets check... It's a dumb celeb version of a page.

February 1, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Rachel

so many brave people are coming out. why wont thom ?

February 1, 2011 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Rachel

he is a long time employee of the fudge factory. has he came out of the closet yet ? maybe he will on facebook.

February 1, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jan

Hmm, what took you so long Tom? If you have teenagers in the house, you should have been of FB a long time ago to see what they're up to, what they're talking about, and who they are talking to! In this day and age, you can't be too careful :)

February 1, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  15. DARLENE COX

love tom hanks he seems to be a great guy , wonderful actor also he seems to be in love with his wife wish him all happiness keep making those great movies.

February 1, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Wow. I'll probably have to take this as a sign. All of my friends have been screaming at me to get a Facebook. I had one for a few months last year, but I found it to be really boring, and I deleted it. I guess it's time to sign-up again. I'm adding Tom!

February 2, 2011 at 3:25 am | Report abuse |