Gwyneth Paltrow: Who cares what lame people say about GOOP?
February 1st, 2011

Gwyneth Paltrow: Who cares what lame people say about GOOP?

Talk about "Country Strong"! Gwyneth Paltrow says she has learned to stop fretting over people slamming her GOOP lifestyle site and newsletter as being too celebrity-oriented and unrealistic.

On the site, Paltrow, 38, serves up her favorite vacation spots, products and fitness tips, all of which have been criticized as being just too unobtainable for the average person.

But Paltrow tells the March issue of Harper's Bazaar U.K. she no longer takes the negative feedback personally.

"Any time you do anything with any degree of sincerity, people make fun of you. That's totally fine. I don't care. I don't read any of it," she says. "My thing with GOOP has always been, if you don't like it, then don't log onto it. There were a couple of times when I thought, 'I'm just gonna stop doing it. People are so mean to me. I don't want to do it.' But then I was like, 'Who cares what some lame person out there says?'"

Besides, Paltrow notes, there are plenty of people who appreciate her advice.

"I was in Italy once, and this old man came up to me and said, 'I had the best time in Nashville because of GOOP,'" she says. "And that is so worth it to me."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • movies

1. Nan

Thanks, Mom.

Oh, and Grace? Tell the homeless on skid row your little missive. They'll appreciate such wisdom.

February 3, 2011 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
  2. Grace Briones

I absolutely love GOOP. It was spot on regarding places to SEE in San Francisco, the city I live in. I agree that some of the products, stores and restaurants that are promoted tend to be high-end. So what, it's no different from reading an issue of W or Travel and Leisure magazine. Really, the whole point of GOOP is to get an inside on top notch stuff the affluent are getting, seeing, etc. If material stuff and status matters to you, then the GOOP lifestyle is something that will either inspire you and/or make you green with envy. Please look within yourself first and then criticize responsibly. There's no need to bash other people that have what you don't. I'm happy shopping at Target and occasionally I'll make a splurge purchase at a Fillmore/Hayes Valley SF boutique. Save and spend sensibly. Live happy.

February 2, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Sxean Lee-David

I love you Gwyneth Paltrow ! You're the classiest actress in all of Hollywood.

February 2, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  4. the lepps

martha ty very much i had fun with you today you made my day at work go by........ty again untill next time :)

February 2, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Martha

The Lepps! You shoot, you score! Good comeback!
    you used "you're" correctly, too. This is a good day. Gwyneth can't take credit for this one.

February 2, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  6. the lepps

martha you're a fiesty one i bet you got the goop coming out of every hole on you.....oh wait....sarcasm.....:)

February 2, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Martha

The Lepps, it's called sarcasm. Read it again.
    And–jeebus-it's YOU'RE as in YOU ARE, not your.

here's an example for "your": Your steak is ready, Mr. Filbert.

and, "you're": You're correct in thinking that the elephant has a long trunk.

All better?

Gwyneth Paltrow is whiny turd.

February 2, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  8. the lepps

martha your an idiot,she's your best friend but never met her...oh wait....no your still an idiot

February 2, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Martha

Poor Gwyneth. She's my best friend and I love her but I've never met her but I know she's a good person. She won an Oscar, so she must be a nice person, right? She came up from nothing and worked really hard to get where she is. It's not like her parents were in show business and could connect her to the right people or anything! Oh, wait...
    But, like, she still worked really hard because she won an Oscar! Only great actors win an Oscar! Y'know, like Marisa Tomei! Oh, wait...

February 2, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  10. mindy thompson

U shouldn't care what these people say the only oppinion that should matter is yours.
    I LOVE YOU

February 2, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  11. THE LEPPS

GOOP IS WHATS IN ME AFTER ME AND MY LIFE PARTNER WILLIAM ARE DONE DOING DIRTY DIRTY THINGS.

February 2, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  12. portalpunk

Did she order a Bumpits for her hair from the infomercial.

February 2, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  13. Derek

Most of these insipiod comments on here only prove her point. 99% of what internet folks say is mean spirited as their lives are probably so boring & pathetic the only fun they get is tearing someone down.

Just look above and my point is proven. I wouldn't read it either If I were a star.

February 2, 2011 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  14. RUSH

Id give her some goop

February 2, 2011 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  15. ?

Does "Country Strong" mean taking a beating from her husband then come back for more?

February 2, 2011 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  16. ladislas

Do any of you haters slam the robb report? No. so what if her site is for rich folks? If you don't like it, don't look at it. I can't afford a Bentley so I don't go in their showroom... To each his own.

February 2, 2011 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  17. Zorro

It's'been proven time and time again: The comments we make about one another reflect more about how we feel about ourselves than anything else. No where is this becoming more évident then within this system of anonymous feedback on other people. For the record, every single one of you are examples of beauty and love, whether you believe it or not.

February 2, 2011 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  18. reason

Gweneth is a super successful and weathy movie star. Just because the site isn't for you or me, does that make her a bad person? Why would you expect her site to cater to you? Would you make a website to cater to everyone else or share your truthful experiences? Don't be jealous my friend, just go read a different website. 0 think she said lame because someone hurt her in a nasty comment and she struck back. Who cares, I'm not clicking Goop no matter what. This article will = clicks for Goop. Why did I write this. I dunno.

February 2, 2011 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  19. paulbmro

Did Charlie Sheen wanted to commit suicide ? Details here: moviesfan.eu/news/item/303-did-charlie-sheen-wanted-to-commit-suicide-?

February 2, 2011 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  20. LadyMiniMe

From many of the comments, I must then conclude that Americans don't believe in the American Dream no more? Which means, that anybody who works hard (or gets lucky) may get their hands on millions of dollars and live happily ever after...Boo hoo!

February 2, 2011 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Gremlin

It does seem like America has forgotten that the rich make the world go round. Yes she has nannies, bodyguards, maids, hairdressers and loads of stuff but each thing, each position represents a job and money that enters the economy. One works to achieve the American Dream if having enough and not needing to work anymore and, sadly, with the new trend of bashing the rich we are forgetting to be Americans with a dream. I wholeheartedly agree with you and siupport Gwyneth's right to be rich, not want to live in US necause of what we do to People like her and to write whatever she wants. After all.. That is the American way!!!

February 2, 2011 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  21. Nellie

Yeah, you LAME people! Stop picking on the overprivileged millionaire! It hurts, ya know.
    Gotta go now, baby is crying must tell the nanny to feed it.

February 2, 2011 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  22. beth

for get paltrow. let's all get behind charlie sheen. this man is really in bad shape, and so what if he is getting
    personalized re-hab you are not paying for it.

February 2, 2011 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  23. Goop fan

Goop rocks – anyone can sit there and badmouth, let's see you do something better! (oh, and Gwynneth, thanks for your recommendations in Goop for where to eat in Paris and Barcelona– totally on point!!!)

February 2, 2011 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
  24. mj

who cares what lame people say on GOOP?

Seriously, I'm not sure who she images she's writing for but it sure ain't the average Jo. It's a vanity project for someone raised in a rarefied world. It's not her fault she's clueless. If you'd ever spent any time on the west side of LA you'd be clueless too.

February 2, 2011 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  25. jerzgrl

I don't see what the big deal is. This is her newsletter, it doesn't have to be on "everyone's level". The purpose of a personal blog/newsletter is to share your experiences with the world, not for everyone to approve. To me, it's no different than a luxury lifestyle magazine – and you have to pay for those. Actually, I appreciate some of the tips for when I'm traveling!

February 2, 2011 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
  26. deerrp

Whoever talked about John Lennon, yes i idolize him and he was rich, but i would NEVER put Gwyneth Paltrow in the same league as him

February 2, 2011 at 7:31 am | Report abuse |
  27. Moxycrayon

I like how much some people like to get upset about silly things.. And I don't mean Mrs. Paltrow. You wanna get mad about a website go to http://www.yourmom.com. Lots me nudey pics, it was UNbelievable!

February 2, 2011 at 5:41 am | Report abuse |
  28. kay

What is goop

February 2, 2011 at 5:34 am | Report abuse |
  29. Andrew

It's just human nature to put the leaders under more scrutiny and pressure, it's about time she's telling people to go #$% themselves, it's not like she's trying to shape economies or science progress.

February 2, 2011 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
  30. John Derlane.

Deleted me off her personal Facebook page for asking her where I could go to purchase a Dixie Normous poster from the "Austin Powers: Goldmember" movie. And I certainly wasn't insulting in the least. So it would be my guess that she's pretty damned thin skinned when it comes to anyone she considers a simple and very common plebeian.

But hey, if you've got a penis, then this would probably be a movie character played by Gwyneth Paltrow that you wouldn't mind having on your wall:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpjOhCMCX-0&w=640&h=390]

February 2, 2011 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
  31. Beautiful Vixen

Lol..Sunny, you had a bad day?

February 2, 2011 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
  32. Mark

I just came across this on the net. Though i haven' gone through it all I read her response on how some people say its out ot touch. I say to each there own there's room for everyone out there. It may not fit everyone life style or pocket book and hey thats fine. Then don't read and move along. But for those who enjoy what she offers they have an outlet to go to. People will find there own niche as Gwenith is oing.. So do your thing lady.

February 2, 2011 at 1:50 am | Report abuse |
  33. clutch

What the F has she done?

February 2, 2011 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  34. clutch

I hate you Sunny

February 2, 2011 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  35. Rexa

I think alot of people who bash her site never actually sat there to look through it. There is a little bit of something for everyone (even that average middle-income person like me). I was reading a post on there about wines and there were some great ideas given there. Even for some of the higher end products she may advertise on there, you can take some of the advise wisely and look for someone else in a lesser price range. I think alot of people jumped on that "let's hate Gwynny's site bandwagon" just to adds more noise without actually looking and interpetting some of the things she posts there.

February 2, 2011 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
  36. eattherich

No one should be allowed earn more than $1m per year. The extra should be distributed to their employees. Eat the rich.

February 2, 2011 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  37. clutch

Why is she so great?

February 2, 2011 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
  38. imright

Gywsneth is great. Don't be mindless, jealous haters.

February 2, 2011 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  39. the last word

No one can say what she's good for, except that she's rich. Wgaf COLDPLAY sucks also. I don't care how much money they have they are worthless

February 2, 2011 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  40. foxyvw

I love Gwyneth. Have loved her since I can remember. Her site is sometimes not realistic to my life, but I like to use it as inspiration when I log in. She means well. She might not ever have lived a life like most average people, but her intentions are good and I will go and read it because I like her and I'd like to think I have some things in common. She is a positive role model in my book!

February 2, 2011 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  41. the last word

Sunny side up your butt, her movies and goop suck! I just wanted to talk goop

February 2, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Sunny

Gwyneth, I love how upset your successful, awesome life has made all the JEALOUS, ENVIOUS HATERS on this site. I'm going nightie nite nite now, content in the knowledge that Gwyn HAS THE LAST LAUGH : ) : )

February 2, 2011 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  42. Sunny

YOU DON'T HATE HER, YOU ENVY HER ! ! Gwyneth has THE LAST LAUGH ! ! ! SHE'S MARRIED TO A GORGEOUS ROCK GOD, HAS 2 BEAUTIFUL KIDS WITH THE MAN SHE MARRIED, IS FILTHY RICH, GORGEOUS, BRILLIANT. HAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm sure all of you that hate her are married to gorgeous men, have beautiful kids, a great body, can sing, can act, wear designer couture, filthy rich, etc, etc, Laugh at the envious, Gwyn. : )

February 2, 2011 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
    • acapp0813

Yeah, too bad Coldplay sucks. Maybe if you took Gwyneth Paltrow's **** out of your mouth for once you'd realize that this website is stupid as hell.

February 2, 2011 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Cricket

She may be married to, as you say, a "god" but I don't believe she is happily married...I NEVER see them together. Of all the things you listed that she has, I have beautiful kids and am HAPPILY married. That makes me filthy rich.

February 2, 2011 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Dr. Doof

Coldplay is bad. Gwyneth is overrated. If you are suicidal I guess there's a reason to listen to Coldplay and watch her movies but that's it.

February 2, 2011 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  43. the last word

Disagree with who boo?

February 2, 2011 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  44. mad hater

So prim and proper, peacemonger. But yet so boring

February 1, 2011 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  45. DA

What the HELL is GOOP? I love how the article assumes everyone knows what this is.

February 1, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mydixiewrecked

It's um, like her website and stuff. There's a link there and everything. They didn't assume you knew what it was, just that you could read.

February 2, 2011 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  46. mad hater

The Truth is a dork

February 1, 2011 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Kerry

Maybe if she didn't call it "GOOP?" Just sayin'

February 1, 2011 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Kris

What's wrong with her giving advice to those better off than the average person. She has the right.

February 1, 2011 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  49. IMHO

Being rich is awesome, they can just forget about the poor complaining about them while sipping scotch on their yachts. Not one person on here would reject the money she has if given the chance.

February 1, 2011 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  50. MingMing

What's with the Legolas hairdo?

February 1, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  51. marissa

too neat

February 1, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  52. The Truth

I bet 90 percent of the people here smoke. Ever notice the ones that smoke or gamble are the ones that can least afford it?. Quit whining about someone that can afford the finer things in life. If you could I bet you would. I know I sure do.

February 1, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  53. The Truth

I love being wealthy. Poor people just complain about ever thing, that just ticks me off.

February 1, 2011 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Just a regular mom

I'm just a regular, middle class Mom and I LOVE GOOP! I may not have the money to buy all the products she recommends or visit the places she writes about, but that doesn't mean I want to stay ignorant about such things. I think she has a wealth and breadth of knowledge from traveling the world and being rich and famous and I have learned a lot by reading her site! Thank you for sharing your life and thoughts GP! And good for you for ignoring the haters and continuing your site!

February 1, 2011 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gabe Kaplan

You obviously didn't read the advice about talking too much.

February 1, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sunny

I sooooo agree with you ! ! I love Gwyneth and her haters are viruently JEALOUS ! ! She doesn't really have haters...if they "hated" her so much, they would NOT go to her site, would not watch her movies, but, alas, they HAVE done all those things. Otherwise, how would they know anything about GOOP or her movies?? THEY DON'T HATE HER...THEY ENVY HER ! ! ! : )

February 2, 2011 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  55. Rachel

gwynneth is kinda like a tuuurdd hanging partways out of someones behind. pretty bland.

February 1, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • LiBra29

You describe a turd hanging out of someone's behind as "bland?" I think "disgusting" "gross" or "nasty" probably fit that description better :).

February 2, 2011 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
    • sockpuppet

Rachel, I don't really see that around....maybe you need to wipe better.

February 2, 2011 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
  56. Glen Quagmire

If you don't like her or her site, don't talk. Every bad comment is about selfishness. I didnt know about the GOOP site until this story. I guess you hated Robin Leech, and MTV cribs too. Why not use her ideas for good living and expensive stuff to make us save our money, to get a good education, and to better ourselves. I can't afford the stuff she describes......yet. Maybe the site isn't for everyone, just like Hustler isn't a magazine for kids. Find something else to talk about.

February 1, 2011 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  57. JRD

I truly love this woman no matter what

February 1, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Tom

All we are saying is give peace a chance. Those who resent GP probably idolize John Lennon. He owed mansions and multi-million dollar apartments. Do you hate him for achieving and living a rich lifestyle? Let those among us without sin cast the first stone. Americans used to respect people who accomplished things. Why resent someone who has risen to the top of her field and earned money doing it?

February 1, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  59. James

Yes I am sure some random guy got past her bodyguards to tell her about GOOPING in Nashville

February 1, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  60. dave

Im wealthy too. And I love good. Being rich is awesome.

February 1, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Shaqfufu

Effervescent with a barrage of truth...Wow!
    Good comments....couldnht have said that any better.

February 1, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Shaqfufu

Well done Jennie....100% agree with you.

February 1, 2011 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Effervescent

So if I believe she is wildly out of touch with the every day Mom and her site is pretentious at best, then I'm "lame"? OK... well that takes me back to grade school, but whatever gets you out of bed in the morning Honey! I think the poor thing is confused as to why she isn't automatically part of the Everyday Mom Club just because she was able to reproduce. The problem is, regular Moms can smell bullpoo a mile away, and this Martha Stewart model of perfect wanna-be just aint cutting the mustard. The day we all have assistants, nannies, personal chefs, nutritionists, managers, agents, hairstylists, make up artists, manicurists, chauffeurs, personal shoppers, writers, acting coaches, and a huge army of other helpers, then yes, Gwennie dear... you might just have some insight into what it's like to be a real person and can tell us where we can buy our $80 fly swatters. Until then, it's insulting for you to act like your life has any relevance to the rest of ours.

February 1, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bubbly

I think Gwyneth Paltrow has been pretty honest about struggling with post-partum depression, trying to find a work/life balance, wanting to spend quality time with her family, and making sure she gives her kids the best life she can- that sounds like a lot of the moms I know. The difference is that she's a public figure and faces far more criticism than most of us who have the benefit of anonymity.
      Being wealthy doesn't make one a good person, but it doesn't automatically make one a horrible person, either.

February 7, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Jennie

This is the thing. Gweneth makes millions of dollars, because people love her in movies. She's super talented and lovely. But just because there are fans out there who disagree with her values doesn't make those fans lame or jerks. People are struggling right now and the wealthy are incredibly insensitive to how hard it is and clearly Goop is an example of that insensitivity. So great, she's wealthy, but instead of spending time on Goop, how about fighting for something that would enrich someone's life. How about thinking of her SAG colleagues who have lost their health insurance because of the rising premiums and qualifiers. She won't read this because she said she doesn't care what people like me think – that's too bad. Goop doesn't have a place for comments either – not surprising. But you know what? We have to change the way the wealthy view the world because we are all in this together.

February 1, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • What now!

Wow so someone like her have to go out there and fight for a cause just because they are wealthy, rich, or a celebrity! They do what they want, it's their life!

February 2, 2011 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  65. Humble

All the hatred comes from people envious of her wealth. Don't hate..Just stay in your lane and enjoy what you have..little as it is, enjoy!

February 1, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  66. stacey

I checked it out a couple times and I actually liked it – thought it had a lot of great ideas on many different subjects that I would refer to. I'm just a inner city school teacher, but I like keeping in the loop with fashion, books and food! She know so many cool people that get her in the know – why not share????

February 1, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  67. YOUBRO

No wonder other countries hate Americans. Her only bright spot was being able to co-star with 5star funnyman Mr Jack Black. LONG LIVE THE D

February 1, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Icepick

I stopped caring what she thinks about anything around about the time she moved to England and started bad-mouthing Americans. Screw her.

February 1, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • James

And this is exactly why Rick Gervais was 100% correct to make fun of the hollywood elite....TO THEIR FACES.
      Reminds of the time on Regis and Kathy Lee when Kathy Lee said she was just like all the working Moms out there especially the single ones because she worked 3 jobs.....cohost.....singer......author.....
      Till a real struggling single mom stood up in the audience and ripped her a new one calling her out on how she did not HAVE TO WORK THREE jobs to make ends meet, she had nannies, assistants etc.
      Classic stuff.
      Or the time Oprah was shocked on her show to find out that some people did not change their sheets and pillow cases every day....one of her guests reminded her that not everyone has assistants to do it for them and to do the laundry for them.

February 1, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  69. darth mol

One thing missing from her site, tips on good acting schools, but I"m not suprised that there arent any listed!

hahahahha

February 1, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  70. linda

Yes, please don't stop. There are so many jerks and for some reason they are the vocal ones. There are a lot of people who appreciate your advice, and I am one of them :) Thank you.

February 1, 2011 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  71. jen

Why the automatic hatred for anyone with money?? Yes, she comes from privilege, but that doesn't make her a bad person. I wish this society would just stop all the class warfare and mud throwing and concentrate on helping each other. Maybe then everyone would be a bit happier...even you Viv.

February 1, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sunny

Jen, be kind to "Viv". This "person" is jealous, envious, hateful. Gwynnie's unbelievably successful life is the best revenge on jealous types like "Viv" : )

February 2, 2011 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  72. Donna Mazzola

We traveled to New Orleans and loved her suggestions for dining options. We met some people from there who knew about GOOP. They said her suggestions were spot on! We followed her ideas for dining in San Francisco recently. No way could I afford to shop in the stores she suggested soooo, I didn't go there. I love GOOP!!

February 1, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Mike

What does "goop" stand for?

February 1, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Charles

Go girl!!!!

February 1, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  75. YOUBRO

Ya know what. I used to like her, even thought she was pretty hot. But now she seems to just be a pompous b%$#@h. Touring with Mario Vitale wining and dining. Their plot: Lets remind everyone of how s$%^#y their lives are compared to ours.

February 1, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  76. elland

Poor little rich girl gets her feelings hurt by people mentioning that her vacation castle rental advise is unrealistic to 95% of population.
    Gwyneth, go puke your lunch out. You are so detached from reality.

February 1, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  77. slithis

Viv- You're the talentless moron, not Gwyneth. I can only imagine what you look like. And for someone so critical of an Oscar-winning actress and accomplished singer (you obviously missed Country Strong), you can't even spell the word "privileged" correctly. You're a real winner, let me tell you. Likely 200 plus pounds sitting behind a computer with a cat in her lap, alone.

February 1, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Artemis

I've checked out her site and her suggestions are for people with money – and a good deal of it. What she SHOULD have said as a rebuttal to the media slamming her hoity site is that her site's intended demographic are people with upscale desires (and pocketbooks to match), therefore she's not really concerned about the negative feedback. Her childish reply just confirms that 1) she really has no idea how the other half lives, 2) is really spoiled, and 3) she is just doing this site for yuks and giggles and not for any true business reason.

February 1, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Say it ain't so

So she has a sight for people who are filthy rich so what. It just caters to them come on people there are bigger things to worry about than a socialite's website for the rich. & anyway not everyone has to appeal to our demographic as if we're some kind of charity. Maybe all of you think of yourselves as charity or for that matter need charity. I'm good with the bit of money I got. It's called freedom to set up a site to promote your interest & it's not doing anyone any harm. Gwyneth, don't pay attention to these losers who dislike anyone who's happy & keep doing what you're doing and the best of luck. I'm even going to check it out just to see it. From: someone who doesn't have a fortune but is happy that others do

February 2, 2011 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  79. Gigiastro

Sure. And anybody that disagree is "lame". Boo hoo hoo, the lame people hurt my feelings! Grow up girl....

February 1, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • gigiastroLAME

boohoo....i disagree with you, therefore you are LAME. hahahahaha...dumbo

February 2, 2011 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  80. viv

and @ Sunny you don't know your A@# from your elbow

February 1, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • paris2venice

Maybe Sunny doesn't but at least she doesn't engage solely in ad hominems as you have.

February 2, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  81. viv

"Gwinnie"...never liked her never will
    A talentless moron who was lucky enough to be born into a privilaged family
    YUK!!

February 1, 2011 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • sockpuppet

talentless? I'd like to see you pull of Shakespeare or Jane Austen. She's a great actress–you just don't understand her movies.

February 2, 2011 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
    • haarkonen

she did a brilliant job in the royal tennenbaums. not liking her is one thing – and i sympathize – but saying she has no talent is disingenuous.

February 2, 2011 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  82. Sunny

I love you, Gwyneth ! ! I truly think all vitriol aimed at you is PURE JEALOUSY ! ! You've stayed married to a gorgeous guy, had both kids with the same man (shocker!), have stayed married to the same man (shocker!), have a beautiful, fit body, have $$$, love to cook, share you tips with a grateful fan base. I really can see why you have so many envious, jealous HATERS out there ! ! Keeep ignoring the bitter ones ! : )

February 1, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Bob

She just seems like such a cold fish. And not particularly attractive, either. Blech.

February 1, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • calypso4u

She is beautiful~so down to earth and real.

February 1, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • ArtsyFartsy

"seems" but have you ever met her?

February 1, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • LiBra29

Gotta love how a woman's contribution to society is out shined by how attractive people think she is.

February 2, 2011 at 1:06 am | Report abuse |
    • sockpuppet

actually she is always quite charming and funny in her interviews, so I don't know where you get the cold fish thing...but even if she did come off that way, that doesn't mean you have any idea how she is in real life. As far as her looks go, well she's no Marilyn Monroe, but she has great bone structure. That's all a matter of taste, isn't it? I suspect you think she's a cold fish just because of how she looks.

February 2, 2011 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Reader

not a fan ..... thinks America was/is not civilized or intelligent enough to raise her children (direct quote) but she thinks Madonna is spot on! As for her looks: who cares? don't put America down ...... and why do folks think she was 'overlooked' when not getting an Oscar nomination for a movie where a lame attempt is made to sing and dance......go back to the british who you think are so wonderful........oh well.....good to get it out....off to work I go.......

February 2, 2011 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
  84. Julie Meyers

I totally agree! If you don't like it, don't look at it. It is a pretty cool site and I am not a celebrity or wealthy! I read a good article on there about sugar. Very helpful as I am pregnant and had some sugar issues. There are just way too many critics in the world, so who cares is right!!

February 1, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • calypso4u

Love Goop~best stuff, always informative to read and such interesting positive people giving advice. Love it~she rocks~always best to ignore the nay sayers doing nothing, complaining and judging everyone else.

February 1, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • portalpunk

Wow, nice hair, did she order a Bumpits from the infomercial.

February 2, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Snookie

She's trying to steal my look, I'll bet she starts tanning next.

February 2, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |