Christina Applegate welcomes baby girl
February 1st, 2011

Christina Applegate welcomes baby girl

"Married… With Children" star Christina Applegate has got a child of her own. The star became a first-time mom last week, her rep confirms to CNN.

“Actress Christina Applegate and fiancé musician Martyn LeNoble welcomed daughter Sadie Grace LeNoble on Thursday, January 27, 2011, in Los Angeles," the rep said in a statement. "Mother and daughter are doing great.”

Thirty-nine-year-old Applegate, who announced her pregnancy in July 2010, dated LeNoble, 41, for three years before getting engaged last Valentine's Day, according to People.

"I'll probably be a little bit hippie and a little bit Type A," the actress has said of her parenting style. "I'll take from what my mother did, which was way hippie and like, 'Do what you wanna do,' and bring some things that I know from watching my friends raise their kids."

Congratulations to the couple!

1. steve

i can't believe she is introducing a child into a world full of imbeciles, as evidenced by the chain of comments here. Jeeeezus you people are terrible.

February 11, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  2. MingMing

Congratulations Christina! I too had a precious baby girl after being dx'd with breast cancer. Cancer robbed me of so much, I refused to let go of my dreams for a family. As far as genetics are concerned, nobody's perfect and no one can predict the future. Every day is a gift. I wish her continued health and happiness.

February 1, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chris

I would absolutely die with pleasure if she and her new baby made a cameo on Modern Family as one of lily's playmates in a few.

February 1, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Paul

Did Charlie Sheen wanted to commit suicide ? See here moviesfan.eu/news/item/303-did-charlie-sheen-wanted-to-commit-suicide-?

February 1, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Wa

Just promoted from hottie to MILF.

February 1, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Deb

inthemood, Who gives a damn. Obviously you do, you read the article and then commented.
    Christina – congrats on your blessed news!

February 1, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. DJ

Congratulations to one of the all-time beautiful girls (both inside and out). I'm sure your daughter will be as beautiful as you are.

February 1, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  8. inthemood

Well my friend just had a baby girl....did that make the news....NO. Who gives a damn about all these stars and their baby bumps as they call them, and who's having kids with who. Most of these stars are a waste of news space.

February 1, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  9. tyler

Christina... you look amazing. You are so pretty, and congratulations on the baby.

February 1, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  10. elana

you will be a great mom – just go with your instincts – and not peg bundy's!!!

February 1, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  11. the_dude

That is a nice picture of her with her sickly father. I hope he gets better soon and starts to look healthy instead of like a zombie.

February 1, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  12. alumette

Bizarre looking man. Is he a dancer?

February 1, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  13. Geri

I am a little "old fashon"; it would be nice if she married the father of her child.... however, congratulations....

February 1, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Anita

If you re-read the article, they are engaged.

February 1, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kate

To Anita....if you read it again, you'll see that it does say fiance......not married. If I recall.....doesn't engaged and married mean two different things?

February 1, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  14. school teachr

i am a dad !

February 1, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  15. bes

Congratulations on the birth of your baby, you deserve some happiness after your breast cancer fight. See good things do come your way when they are supposed to .

February 1, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
    • alumette

A girl who will likely share her mother's cancer genes. At least they can afford to deal with these issues.

February 1, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
    • @alumette

You make a very good point. I am kind of sorry it was a girl given their genetic situation.

February 1, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • @alumette aka Debbie Downer

Wow, really???

February 1, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • JC

Its possible to do preimplantation genetic screening for her BRCA mutation, and implant embryos without the mutation, so we don't actually know that they didn't do this. Inheritance risk of inheriting this from the mother is 50%, so even without medical intervention its not 100% that the child would get the mother's cancer mutation.

February 1, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Hey

You really shouldn't talk about your mother like that...

February 1, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |