'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' reunion: Blame it on the divorce
January 28th, 2011

'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' reunion: Blame it on the divorce

As the "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" gathered on Thursday night for their reunion, there was plenty of hissing and a few claws bared.

And although this reunion show didn't contain as many of the fireworks as I expected, what it did have was a great big helping of Camille Grammer.

She's truly the gift that keeps on giving. She attempted to blame everything - from her behavior to the reason why some fans have called her the most hated "housewife" in the franchise's history - on the fact that she is going through a divorce.

Can't get along with Kyle? Well, keep in mind that her marriage was breaking up. Made catty comments about being busier than the other cast members? Yeah, but she's a mom who is dealing with her marriage ending. Was she being distant? Cut her some slack - her husband had "taken a lover."

Who even says that?

Host Andy Cohen spoke up for the rest of us when he at one point questioned Grammer as to whether she was really going to throw something else into the "divorce bucket." Not that we aren't sympathetic to the fact that her soon-to-be ex-husband Kelsey Grammer did her wrong, but it was all a bit much.

Then there was the action with Camille and Kyle staring daggers at each other. When Camille lashed out with "I’ve had enough of you bullying me Kyle," Kyle quickly snapped back, "Stop using the buzz word of the moment, Camille." These two are just never going to get along it seems.

It also didn't look like anyone else could muster equal drama, even when Kim and Taylor started going at it.

Kim expressed shock that Taylor, who does charity work for domestic violence victims, would offer to take Kim out back and go "Oklahoma on her." Taylor warned her to not drag her charity into it and also gave Kim a wink that I interpreted as a death threat (not really, but it was very – to quote Camille – Machiavelli.)

We will have to wait until part two of the reunion on Tuesday to find out what's happening with Taylor's marriage and whether sisters Kim and Kyle have reconciled. I certainly hope they do, and then decide to do a remake of the Bette Davis/Joan Crawford classic, "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane."

Your thoughts on part one of the reunion show?

1. dilligaff12

Adrienne your so very level headed,easy to see why your where you are now? Very inspirational. You and Paul(hi Dr. Paul) should have your own show.

February 4, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  2. c har

t why in the world hasn't anyone asked or mentioned all of the 'ON THE MOUTH' kissing between Camille and her 'MARRIED" MEN FRIENDS? MADE US SICK IN SUNNY FLOIRIDA.

February 1, 2011 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |
  3. Enoch Root

Losers watching losers.

January 31, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Red_Lipstick

Although these housewives flaunt money, fashion and excesses in such a way as to imply that they are heads and shoulders above the rest, they lack the class and common decency afforded to everyone from birth. Kyle and Taylor are both bullies whose ill-placed emphasis on external "beauty" makes them reprehensible individuals who don't know the meaning of TRUE BEAUTY. Lisa and Adrienne are both tolerable. Camille is self-absorbed. But with that being said, nobody knows how much "acting" Camille did on the show as she continues to say she knew about the affair long before they shot those episodes on the show. So she held it together in a very weird way. I actually like Kim. She doesn't have to defend her sister as Kyle has EVERYONE else in the community defending her. Bullies can fight their own battles. I find it interesting how Taylor likes to instigate battles, falsely blame their origin on Kim and then stand back and watch the situation implode all the while she gasps audibly with her large and grotesque mouth as if in disbelief. Taylor is such a hypocrite - I cannot stand her or Kyle.

January 31, 2011 at 4:47 am | Report abuse |
  5. T-Rex

have you read the comments that the black men left on that blog? Black men agreed that they don't even want to date balck girls because you are all anger and loud and you just proved it! you are black what do you want us to call you..white?

January 29, 2011 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  6. girlym

Team Kyle. She's flawed, but she's a strong loving woman. Camille is a narcissist, plain and simple.

I am really reserving judgement on Kyle until I hear whether Kim has a substance abuse problem. If Kim does, than Kyle's behavior makes sense. It is so frustrating and terrifying when someone you love, someone with children you love, has a drug/alcohol problem. The addict is infantile in a way, and family members are left to be the caretakers. Remember, her whole family, not just Kyle, put her in rehab and then she left. My guess is that Kim does have a problem and Kyle is struggling to deal with it.

January 29, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  7. dahlia

Team Kyle all the way!! Love Lisa too. Taylor is an opportunist and she did not do herself any favors on the reunion show. What does she expect when she marries a guy just for the money and lifestyle without any thought of a loving relationship until she sees Kyle's family. She is a fairweather friend who avoids the fact that she does stir things up – she is a phony!! Both Lisa and Kim pegged Taylor totally!! Andy should hold Taylor accountable for her conversation with Camille in NYC that fueled more of the mess. Adrienne is very cool too.

January 29, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Red

Kyle seem to be in P*M*S* mode 24/7. Maybe she thinks she is still fighting off Michael Meyers (she acted the little girl Jamie on Halloween for those of you that didn't know that). Taylor..well needs to get a doctor's help before she hurts someone.

January 29, 2011 at 3:50 am | Report abuse |
  9. Vicky

I used to like Kyle and not Kim. I thought Kim was an airhead but as the show went on Kyle started showing her true colors. She does treat Kim badly and she had no right attacking Kim the way that she did at Taylor's party. Taylor is another bully because she also attacked Kim and that wasn't the way Lisa told her to handle things. Both Kyle and Taylor are mean ladies and should get some class from the other blonde that is not a drama queen. Instead of Talyor paying to get more plastic surgery she should take the money and go see a shrink and learn how to treat people better. What a b***hes both she and Kyle are.

January 29, 2011 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
  10. Just Thinking

Kyle hired Camille for the show. Do you think that Kyle has a say on what is edited on the show.She does get too much air time. Also gives her a chance to attack Camille and make Camille look like the meanie. I can see Kyle dissing her sister for ratings on the finale episode.

January 29, 2011 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
    • she is not nice...

Kyle is manipulative and gets tons of air time...she is just not a nice person at all. Mean is the word!!!

February 3, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  11. T-Rex

@ann..ha ha yea my girl was watching the show and I was just chilling with her. I don't watch some of the others though. The black group I don't watch because they yell at each other too much..lol

January 29, 2011 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
    • kaye

the black group? You mean Atlanta? Kim is the worst chick on that show. And no one is as classless as Tamra Barney on the OC. The "black" group is upfront in ur face and honest which is survival in most "black" groups. Sit back with ur nepotism, never probably worked hard for anything ass back and keep watching and making the "jewish" group rich, clown!

January 29, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Wake up

Kyle got busted. She is the bully .She berated and exposed her sister for the show. What a horrible sister. She is the wicked witch of beverly hills .So get over it you kyle fools. Taylor really came across as the instigater.She stirred up a lot of conflict. When Taylor went after Kim kyle didn't step up to protect her sister.Kyle and Taylor are the demonic duo. Camille at least stepped up and answered many tough questions. She was upfront sincere and honest. Kyle did bully her. It was really satisfying to see Camille get in Kyle's face. Kyle as usual started yelling.She is the Screamer.

January 28, 2011 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Annie

my words exactly!

January 29, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gren

I totaly agree.
      Camille is not as bad as the media portray it. I'm glad she's able to defend herself. She has nevewr bullied anyone.
      Kyle and Tylor are really negative personalities. I don't want them around me.

January 29, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kelli

I totally agree with you Wake up...Kyle is a Bully! I can see right through her...when I first saw her I thought she was pretty but the more I saw her Ewwww...just not a nice person. I can not believe people can not see what a bully she is...just sayin...Wow!!

February 3, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Ann

Hey t Rex from someone that posts on topix.hope year doin well :)

January 28, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  14. T-Rex

@Keah..why the caps my friend? I have a headache and your shouting is not helping.

January 28, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  15. KEAH

We KNEW IT HERE IN PA., CAMILLE WAS GOING TO BLAME IT ALL ON THE DIVORCE WHEN SHE GOT THE CHANCE TO REDEEM HERSELF. WE HERE WOULD ALL LIKE TO POINT OUT A FEW THINGS THAT TO US IS/WAS SO OBVIOUS DURING FILMING AND THE REUNION:
    #1-WHEN CAMILLE CALLED IN TO WATCH WHATS HAPPENING TO APOLOGIZE TO KYLE FOR WHAT SHE SAID ABOUT MAURICIO WE THOUGHT, "AREN'T THOSE SHOWS FILMED BEFORE,THEM WHY DID IT TAKE HER TILL THE SHOW TO APOLOGIZE TO KYLE?

#2-CAMILLE SAID ON THE REUNION THAT SHE WASNT THE ONE CONCERNED ABOUT THE SQ. FOOTAGE THING IT WAS KELSEY BUT WE HEARD HER SAY ON THAT EPISODE THAT "SHE COULD NOT STAY IN SUCH A CONFINED SPACE ANYMORE

#3-SHE TRIED IN THE TABLOIDS TO SAY THAT KELSEY APPROACHED HER TO DO THE HOUSEWIVES BUT THEN AD
    ADMITTED ON THE REUNION THAT IN FACT IT WAS KYLE AND THEN CAMILLE ASKED KELSEY ABOUT IT!

#4-OUR FRIEND HAS AN ARTICLE FROM A FEW YEARS AGO AND IT SAID NOTHING ABOUT CAMILLE AND KELSEY TRYING TO HAVE KIDS AND COULDNT AND YOUI WOULD THINK SHE WOULD WANT TO POINT THAT OUT SINCE SHE HAD NO PROBLEM TELLING THE LADIES WHEN THEY WERE ON THE PLANE!

#5-DID YOU NOTICE HOW RED-IN-THE-NECK MISS CAMILLE GOT WHEN SHE WAS CALLING KYLE A BULLY. IT SEEMED TO US THAT SHE WAS STUMBLING AND GETTING SNAGGED IN HER LIES THAT THE ONLY WAY OUT WAS TO SCREAM AND YELL AND BY WHAT SHE SAID BEFORE "THE CALM ONE ALWAYS WINS"...SHE DID NOT WIN THEN.

ALL IN ALL CAMILLE IS A LIAR AND WILL DO AND SAY WHATEVER IT TAKES TO MAKE THE PUBLIC LIKE HER. AND WE VIEWERS DO MATTER AND AS FAR AS WE ARE CONCERNED HERE IN PA., CALIFORNIA HAS CAMILLE GRAMMER AND PENNSYLVANIA HAS KATE GOSSELIN THE TWO ARE ONE IN THE SAME, THEY ARE FAMOUS FOR BEING BAD PEOPLE AND BAD MOTHERS!!!!!

January 28, 2011 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  16. T-Rex

Kyle is a bully and Talyor is just a mean b*t*h always causing trouble with Kim.

January 28, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Shannon

This reunion show was the best when compared to all other reunion shows. Andy gives them an opportunity to redeem themselves, and I believe Taylor failed. My opinion of her was swayed immensely while watching. Her deflection tactics were not unnoticed. Kim, if she does have drinking problem, I want only the besy for her right now. Tayor seemed to thrive on this problem, wanting to bring up Kim's "state of mind" in NYC. Deflection! Kyle, Adrienne, and Lisa are great. Camille, no words needed, everythings been said. BTW in my little world, Bevery Hills is no. 1, NYC coming in second, really don't care for the other Housewives.

January 28, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Nicole

Team Kyle. I love you! She is the total package and she's real! Camile is a phony which probably irritates kyles inner sense of integrity and she can't just sit back and listen to the nonsense spewing out of her mouth. Camile in no victim. I don't blame Kyle one bit for any comment she has made. She is on target with it all. You go girl.

January 28, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dianne

anyone see Kyles husband Maricio on million dollor listings (another show on Bravo) he was on the phone without wearing his wedding ring and then all of a sudden it was on....was it in his pocket and just so happened to slip on after he slipped it off??

February 20, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Deja

The Beverly Hills Housewives are my absolute faves, at least this bunch is actually married! These divas are the "real deal" and I love them all on different levels. Adrienne would be the one I'd choose for a best friend because she's laid back and drama free, but you can tell she's really cool. I love Lisa's accent and her style, especially that she say's what she thinks. Taylor is whisy-washy, Kim has her pegged right. She's the friend of whoever she's with at the time. Kim and Kyle love each, they just need to learn how to communicate better. I clearly understand Kim not wanting to be in the middle and Kyle should respect that, because Kyle can hold her own. She doesn't need Kim to fight her battles. And Kyle is right about Camille, she's no "victim". What you see is what you get, she's just sorry that she let the world see who she really is. You can tell after 13 years she got caught up in the Hollywood lifestyle and it went to her head. Clearly, we reap what we sow... and it's looking like harvest time for Camille. I don't believe she started out that way, she was probably very humble, but somewhere along the way she became the arrogant, judgmental, hypocrite that we saw. Kelsey probably just couldn't take it anymore. Like I said, I love them all and I'll keep them in prayer!!!

January 28, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Ann

My favorite is Camille saying she was set up.lmao,she is so delusiinal.she is no victim bet those 4 nannies have their hands full.

January 28, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Nicole

No Way. There was plenty of drama. The housewives of NJ are getting old/annoying, and I'm from New Jersey! Beverly Hills is by far my favorite. The reunion was great. I love/hate how Camille tries to paint herself as a wronged victim. I completely side with Kyle on that front. Camille, I truly believe, is a sociopath with multiple personalities.

January 28, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  22. DougB

It was pretty lame–there were awkward silences too. They needed a Teresa and Danielle–DESPERATELY–to liven things up. Perhaps having all that plastic under their skin has sedated them!

January 28, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |