Peter sounds off on 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta'
January 28th, 2011

Peter sounds off on 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta'

As fans of "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" eagerly await Sunday's season finale, one of the cast members who will figure prominently in that episode is having his say.

Peter Thomas is set to marry cast member Cynthia Bailey on Sunday's show, and Thomas recently took to the pages of  Uptown magazine to get a few things off his chest. Thomas, who formerly owned an Atlanta club also named "Uptown," used the interview as the opportunity to have his say on things viewers have been privy to all season.

Fans have watched as Thomas struggled to save his business, and Bailey shared that she had invested some coin into the establishment. When the doors closed on the club, Bailey worried that she would never see a return on her investment.

But Thomas said that in his opinion, it wasn't that much money to begin with.

"As much as I appreciate what she’s done, it probably came across to everybody that she put up all this money to help me build my restaurant," Thomas said. "No. Initially, she put up $10,000. Uptown [Restaurant and Lounge] cost several hundred thousand dollars—$10,000 couldn’t buy the silverware and the plates at Uptown."

Thomas, who says he is not being paid to appear on the show, said he fully expects his Bailey to be supportive.

"If I need her to do something for me again, she better step up," he said. "That’s part of her duty as a wife. Because she’s never gonna call on me and I say no—never. It’s my duty as a husband to provide whatever support to [help] her go forward."

And while much has been made on the show about Bailey's potential to be a "runaway bride," Thomas said he too used to have an aversion to the institution.

"I didn’t want to marry nobody," he explained. "I was dating this one celebrity and read in People magazine that she said she wanted to marry Peter Thomas.  So I went left on her."

But he has apparently found true love with Bailey, who he says is a "cool person" and someone he can live with.

The entrepreneur also lets loose on his thoughts about the other "housewives. "

"If they say, 'What do you think about the other Housewives?' I’m gonna say, 'I can’t stand Phaedra’s a**," Thomas told the magazine. "I think Kim is crazy as [expletive]. Nene has a big-a** mouth, okay? And Sheree’s not cute! She thinks she’s cute, but she’s not cute. And this is ON the record. The only one I like is Kandi, and she’s too soft. That’s why she got played with Kim. And that’s how I truly feel."

1. Namelainefa

All of the women are two faced....for entertainment purposes. The real perpetrator is Bravo...they have to have a good amount of drama to stay on. Note...not a lot of bathroom scenes cause daily functions are BORING....Peter.........old ass man......Cynthia.....daddy and mama issues BUT it is her business. The rest of the women are just fatty women, some with money others tryna keep up. The way they grab at THINGS should let you know.....they never had NOTHING and are now getting something except for Mandir and hustling ass Kim. Don't hate the player....hate the game. It's apparent Sherae had nothing, NeNe...nothing, Cynthia.....as a model she learned to have something. Kandi and Phaedra worked hard and earned their lot. Ya'll know. Peter is a old man who will never have nothing cause he is a dreamer.....

November 21, 2011 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  2. lisa

Kim and Sheree r just jealous of Nene that's y their always talking about her.Kim hunts around until she can find her a man with money so she doesn't have to work she's a bad example for her daughters

November 20, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Shelia

Peter, make sure you get your OWN contract for the next show. I think if you are on the show you should get paid but not by your wife but by the show. You have found your niche.

February 9, 2011 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  4. Shelia

Peter, What do you mean she better step up to the plate? I think she already did when she gave you 10,000 dollars. I figured you were not getting paid to be on the show and that was what the problem was. I think you were jealous of her success and you thought she owed you. You were holding her up for money using the wedding . You did not come up with wedding rings. I bet you are not wearing one. You could have gotten some 5 and dime rings just for that day but you are too self absorbed. I think Cynthia is smarter than you think. She has been around the world. She married for the show. But all in all even tho it started out wrong I hope it ends up right. Can you teach an old dog new tricks lets hope so. Good luck to the both of you and God Bless.

February 9, 2011 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  5. HorseSHYT and Boogers

This show is nothing but NggerSHYT.

February 7, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  6. Susan

I could not believe that Peter came to his own wedding drunk and stated he was f -- up. How disrespectful to Cynthia. Peter, count yourself lucky that this beautiful woman even gave you a second look. Also, stop complaining that she is on the phone too long talking to Ne Ne or anyone else. You are not her father and you are definatly verbally abusive. Shame on you.

February 3, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Red_Lipstick

I think reality shows are an inexplicable phenomenon. Peering into the lives of these "real housewives" saddens me yet I find that I continue to watch. I find Cynthia to be a very attractive woman with a beautiful spirit. More than anything, I would have loved for her to have found love with a positive brother like Hill Harper or Leon - but as she said, she found love with Peter. I am hopeful that their openness, honesty and communication improves rapidly so that their marriage can have a real chance to succeed. I find Phaedra to be both reprehensible and entertaining - which cracks me up. There is something about Kandi that I feel is truly fake. She is as guilty as all the rest in terms of doing the double talk (smiling in your face and dagger to the back). I agree with Peter that Sheree thinks a lot more of herself than is recommended. She is not cute. Nene's personality becomes more and more abrasive as the seasons continue to go on. Even with that being said, I am shocked that Greg turned out to not be the decent man I thought he was. And last but not least, Kim. The wig she wore on "Watch What Happens Live" was the best one yet. And, Kim has also successfully tricked off enough highly compensated men to afford the lifestyle she leads - that's skill. I really wish she would work on the image that she portrays for those young girls she's trying to raise.

January 31, 2011 at 4:26 am | Report abuse |
  8. Sam

Lol..leave it to the black women to stress anyone out even just watching this show you are stressing this black man out. Yes I am black. Why do black women have so much drama and so d@mn loud.

January 31, 2011 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  9. Tammi

He seems like a real dude especially how he explained his thoughts on the house wives, but be for real what man discuss the amount of money they wife given them for his business as a minute amount, she shouldn't be giving a dime but when you in love you do crazy things. I'm a witness..... :(

January 31, 2011 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  10. Free

Wow!!! ...coming across this dialog (blog) was an accident.... I was hoping to find information on the new site.

There's so much to be said about this "show". Folk forget that this is a "TV SHOW"; it's edited and shows bits and pieces of the lives of these woman. Granted first impressions are lasting, but having not personally met them (w/ the exception of NeNe) it is quite difficult to comment. A lot of the scenes are embarrassing and saddening.

Based on the above statement of Mr. Thomas, I'm appalled at his tone, but understands his frustration. People get along differently and it's obvious that Peter ain't feeling the BS although there's a better way he could have delivered his feelings.

Not that anyone on this blog cares, but this is the last season I'll watch. It's ridiculous and unfruitful. I foolishly assumed that this show would be positive and realistic. i.e. Kimora'a show

Shalom

January 31, 2011 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
    • TRISSY

OMG! DONT THINK YA CAN PAY ME ENOUGH ! TO PUT UP WIT ALL THAT DRAMA??? NOT TO METION BACKSTABBIN! LOL

February 7, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  11. deedee

What an a**hole!!! The marriage won't last. I predict they will be getting divorced by the time season 4 comes around.

January 30, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Colleen

As an American who was in a relationship with someone from the islands, I can related to Cynthia.

On the islands a "man" is defined very differently from how it is in American. Peter certainly has an ego and I will bet that off-camera his is incredibly sweet. I hope that Peter and Cythia can find a path that works for them both and that, in this world where there are many obsticales, they can find a way to make it work.

Good luck.

January 30, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Edward Harding

If Peter only put up $10,000 then where did he get the rest of the money. Cynthia said they are having trouble paying their household bills so what kind of money did Cynthia have when she entered the relationship?
    NeNe needs to get a life. Kandi is the ONLY one on the show that has any sense and decency.

January 30, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Lala

Peter is an insecure, controlling jerk. Cynthia will regret marrying him. If her $10, 000, was no big thing, why did he need it?

January 30, 2011 at 5:14 am | Report abuse |
  15. Jesus

What does 'ribbed for her pleasure' mean?

January 28, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  16. mrssavannah

seriously Peter??? After watching this entire season from start to now, and I must say that Peter seems like a controlling bum of a man who is using Cynthia for whatever she has to offer. First of all, he looks old enough to be her father! Secondly, the club that is now closed looked no better than the local juke joint in the roughest part of town. A word to Mr. Peter-- GET a life!

January 28, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Mormon

Man, you black folk give too much of a damn about this show. What about the disenchanted youth I keep hearing so much about, you should care about them?

January 28, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lila

@Mormon: Of course you think, if the cast members are mostly black, then the watchers are all black as well. I'm not and I watch the show all the time.

How about you leave "their" disenfranchised and take care of the ones in your own back yard... trailer parks are also ghettos.

For a man that is getting married, he is talking about Cynthia like an ex that never did anything for him. She needs someone that can understand that $10k to a majority of the world, including the rich is a lot of money. That money was hers to spend and she gave it to him... He just sounds totally unappreciative.

January 28, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mormon

@Lila. Woman, you talk to much. That and your late night binging are the reasons no man wants to be with you.

Remember, women should be pretty, be naked and be quiet. In your case tough, please, only one of those.

January 28, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Danceroflife

Mormon, if we Black folks spend too much time on this stuff, why are you even reading the post? Hypocrite?

January 29, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mormon

@Danceroflife. I'm no hypocrite. If I was I would be watching this show, drinking my "foty" while my kids flunked out otf school. Peace out...

January 30, 2011 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • 100kDude

UUUUHHH Mormon!!!!! Last time checked and according to statistics, it's those of Caucasian that are doing that. Sorry for your disappointment. LMAO.. NOW!!! Peace to you!!!! LMAO...

January 30, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mormon

dude, why you wanna laugh your AO at blacks? That is racist and I will not stand for it.

Any way d0uchebowl, what kind of statistics did you find professor?

January 30, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  18. sweet2th

Peter thinks way to much of himself. He seems self obsorbed. He is already demanding things of Cynthia. He says he will be there for her too but he is so controlling she's going to have to get his permission to ask him for anything. This is the one I would have ran from Cynthia. Also did anyone notice how different Cynthia looks when she wears hair. She looks like she could be in her early thirties with hair and looks like she is in her mid forties without it. Go figure.

January 28, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Anita

Cynthia, you were doing fine before Peter came into your life. Don't allow this insecure man to break you. The way he comes across on television is extremely disrespectful of you. It appears that he envy's your success and would rather dominate you than view you as an actual partner. If he can be dishonest with you about financial matters before you got married then just imagine how he will be post nuptual. A marriage is only successful if both parties give 100 percent of themselves. A marriage will NEVER be successful if one party doesn't respect the other. Any man that calls himself a husband would never treat his fiance' or wife like Peter treats you. You have a daughter and you are duty bound to teach her that when she's old enough to date and certainly before she decides to marry that she should be respected. Cynthia, you appear to be fearful of Peter and life is just too short to allow yourself to walk through your marriage on eggshells. Pray and ask God for guidance, but be ready to HEAR what God is saying. It may not be what you want to hear, but it will be what you need to hear. You should not live with regret nor teach your daughter that she should tolerate disrespect by a potential mate. God Bless you Cyntia. Peter get anger management and counseling.

January 28, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Ruth

He said he thinks Cynthia is cool and someone he can live with. Is that why he is marrying her. I don't know about you, but those words don't sound to reassuring to me. He doesn't some much sound like a B&^ch as he does a very controlling, mentally and verbally abusive man.

January 28, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Gabe Kaplan

$10,000 wouldn't even begin to pay for the Kool-Aid and Newports they gave away on opening night.

January 28, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Just Me

It may be just me but Peter always sound like a B^#ch. I swear he complains like he is a woman and is just as catty. UGH. Can somebody tell me what Cynthia saw in him and why are they still married? He is entirely too controlling.

January 28, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Cat

$10,000 is coin to some of us Peter. I would have needed a moment of tears and fears too if I was told after the fact that the restaurant was closed.

January 28, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  24. Eddie King

Say, Eddie King really likes "Peter sounds off on the Real Housewives of Atlanta"...

January 28, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  25. El Jefe

You can just hear the "Bam Chika Wow Wow" pron music going when you look at that pic...

January 28, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |