Lady Gaga reveals full lyrics to 'Born This Way'
January 28th, 2011

Lady Gaga reveals full lyrics to 'Born This Way'

Leave it to Lady Gaga to continue to break the mold. While most singers go to great lengths to keep their music under wraps before their record is officially released, Gaga has revealed the entire lyrics to her upcoming single "Born This Way" via Twitter.

In a tweet to her fans yesterday, Gaga teased, "Are you ready for the full lyrics?! Can we trend #bornthiswaylyrics!? It has been in my heart for over a year. I'm so excited to share it."

Shortly afterward, she noted, "It's #1 worldwide! That was fast! You're so radical! Here you [go] Monsters, this one's for you."

Gaga then posted the full lyrics to the song, which officially drops February 13 and includes the chorus: "I'm beautiful in my way/Cause God makes no mistakes/I'm on the right track baby/I was born this way/Don't hide yourself in regret/Just love yourself and you're set/I'm on the right track baby/I was born this way."

As Elton John told Entertainment Weekly, "Born This Way" is an empowerment song for all people.

"[It]… will completely get rid of Gloria Gaynor's 'I Will Survive.' This is the new 'I Will Survive.' 'That was the gay anthem. This is the new gay anthem. Actually, it’s not a gay anthem," he said. "It can apply to anybody."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Elton John • Lady Gaga • Music

1. La Bratz Jazmine

Winner Takes It All,The Casino On Line With Poker Roulette Blackjack Bingo & Sportbets.

April 24, 2012 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. slacker

Great read , I'm going to spend more time reading about this topic

April 29, 2011 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  3. Curt_DC

I am a fan of her music and videos. I would pay to see her in concert.

But I am getting tired of this gray cloud of depression she carries around with her. Though she's smiling in the rare photo above – it's clearly forced. And 90% of all photos of her have a dead-serious expression, almost sedated and lifeless. I think she's built this into her persona, but I find it really unattractive.

Take off the mask and lighten up a little. You have about $500,000,000 reasons to be happier than the average person in the world. Your future isn't bleak – so stop carrying the look of dread everywhere you go.

February 2, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Lady HorseSHYT

Just more junkandSHYT for the stupid.

February 2, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  5. pamela

people dont believe me anymore since i accepted that i was a lady gaga fan, people always think i defend her even thouhg i call her on it when she does something wrong, so in that note i really really, honest to god, dont see the racism in the song, and im mexican, one the many cultures who suffers from racism and sterotype outside of mexico, i seriously dont see the problem and about the song not making sense, well is that new?? im a little monster but i have always known the lyrics of her songs dont make sense but they do paint a picture, you understand the theme in bad romance but the lyrics are weird, just like poker face, just like everything she is done, the lyrics dont flat out say what they are talking about but you know what she is saying in here, is about loving yourself no matter what, so i dont see a problem with these song, now the only thing left is the last test when it gets released

January 29, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Gabe Kaplan

Stop asking so many questions, spear chunker.

January 28, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  7. comment

how are the lyrics in any way shape or form ignorant and racist?

January 28, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Caca is phony

This is trying so hard to be Christina's Beautiful and failing. The lyrics are ignorant and borderline racist. chola? orient?

January 28, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Not A Fan

I just hope that the music has a great beat, because those lyrics are so disjointed they don't make sense. Also @Gabe Kaplan I love your lyrics. They should add that to the song...

January 28, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. paul

what is say sayin, that she is gay. there is something with here i can't figure it out. gay i think

January 28, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Gabe Kaplan

From the song lyrics:
    "Like man from ape, it's a part of my genus/To use artsy clothing to hide my pen1s/Being half man and half woman doesn't make me gay/It's not my fault, I was born this way..."

January 28, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Nathan

I've never felt so pandered to in all my life.

January 28, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  13. fpalazzo1988

Lady Caca is a talentless scam artist. She is exploiting gay people for money.

January 28, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anthony

Gaga has done more for the gay community than any other current mainstream artist. She doesn't just make money off the gay community like Katy Perry, she actually gives back. Every night of her Monster Ball tour, she donated $10,000 of her own money to homeless LGBT youth. She has marched for the gays, spoke at said marched, rallied for DADT, had thousands of her American fans call their state reps. to fight for DADT, and loads of others. She is leading the pack to equality in the mainstream music world.

January 31, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Laurie

I love the lyrics. With a child with a disability, this touches me and hopefully educates and empowers everyone.

January 28, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  15. TJ

I love gaga's music but don't watch her perform. She's to outrageous for my taste. Lady has great talent. Even so I Will Survive will survive.

January 28, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |