Pauly D on Italy: Maybe I should get a Rosetta Stone...
January 27th, 2011

Pauly D on Italy: Maybe I should get a Rosetta Stone...

The rest of the "Jersey Shore" gang may be pumping their fists at the thought of filming their next season in Italy, but Paul "DJ Pauly D" Delvecchio admits he's concerned about culture shock — especially when it comes to GTL.

"I'm nervous, I'm not gonna lie," Delvecchio, who has never visited the country, tells MTV. "I don't know what gyms are like over there, I don't know what tanning's like, I don't know the food, and the language — I don't even speak Italian. Maybe I should get a Rosetta Stone or something."

Delvecchio adds that he hopes the language barrier doesn't put a hitch in his game.

"They got some nice clubs out there, and the women ... they're real Italian women, you know?" he says. "Since I don't speak the language, I don't know how I'm going to talk with them. I'm hoping the smile does the trick. The less words the better. I'm looking forward to the challenge."

Despite his fear of the unknown, Delvecchio can't wait for the adventure to begin.

"I'm excited to see my roots," he says. "I have family in Italy, but I don't speak with them since I don't know the language. My mother still talks to them, though. [And] I know Vinny has family there. But none of us have ever been. It's gonna be fun."

1. Meet singles through facebook

This article will concentrate on the features in the well known italian gentleman and can ... Valentine's day concepts pertaining to personals ; separated solitary mommy : echo, rearrange and also …Meet Italian Singles

February 5, 2012 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  2. Alane Eberlin

Good post! njvgojkgf

February 26, 2011 at 6:38 am | Report abuse |
  3. Pauly Fa GG OT

maybe you, pauly, can cover that butt with Butter flavored Crisco so I cant ram my foot up it.

February 4, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  4. jupecr

love the show, even though not all are real italians or from jersey.... but i think its too much that they are going to italy... they should stay at the shore house and not disgrace americans in another country its enough that we are not well liked around the world dont bring any more shame.

January 29, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  5. doubt

horrible people

January 29, 2011 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  6. Jim

What a dingus...it's Rosetta Stone, not 'A' Rosetta Stone. I can't beleive this show is popular. I guesss the IQ's in the US are continuing to drop dramatically as crap like this is commonplace on TV. I'm glad we are prepared to NOT to be able to compete in the world market in the future with all folks being brought up on mindless drivel and not excellining school.

Go USA! GTL = FML

January 28, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  7. the_dude

I'll repeat....OBVIOUSLY you have never been anywhere in Europe.

January 28, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  8. the_dude

Is this guy from that show where men dress up like women and walk around having beauty pagents and stuff?

January 28, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  9. CoolguyMcSly

Though it goes without saying, so-called "Old School" Italians in the US, particularly found in Jersey, Philadelphia, and New York, are quite different than Italians in Italy. Italians in Italy have moved on... stereotypical Italian-Americans haven't, and cling to 1920's stereotypes. Enter the shore crew... they're going to realize how clueless they truly are about the culture they PROFESS to live by. Or rather, the ethnicity they use as a fashion statement. Though Europeans enjoy the club scene, their style is more tasteful (no gaudy Ed hardy or Affliction) and binge drinking is less common and frowned upon. The younger Italians may get a kick out of them, but they're going to catch a lot of hate from the older ones.

January 28, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • the_dude

"binge drinking is less common and frowned upon" Obviously you have never been to Europe.

January 28, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • CoolguyMcSly

You must be thinking of Eastern Europe. Drinking is still novelty for people their age in America but not Italy, Spain, etc. It's definitely not as common there.

January 28, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  10. CattyA

Nobody seems to be surprised that Pauly knows about the Rosetta Stone. I would call that advanced knowledge (even though I've seen it in British Museum).

January 28, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  11. itsamystery

Isn't the real story that he should have said, "The FEWER words the better?"

January 28, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Vince

I love when people come off as "hard core" Italian-Americans with the "Italia" tats and the stickers all over the car....and then you find out they've never been there, don't speak Italian, and have no idea about the real culture. I'm Polish....and I'm more "Italian" than most of that cast.

January 28, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mary

Italy is a huge city in Florida.

January 28, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  14. Glytch

Pauly, you are so uncultured. Aren't you supposed to be "representing" Italian Americans when you're heading to Italy? Maybe MTV should re-think sending such moronic cesspools to a country that is more than likely going regret agreeing to this crap.

January 28, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  15. ?????

I don’t understand why people hate on this show so much. It is no stupider than any other sitcom or reality show on TV. What it comes down to is that people are just jealous, because these people who you see as beneath you, are probably more successful then you will ever be. Mike the situation made over 4 million dollars last year alone.

January 28, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
    • @ ?????

If you determine success by the dollars you make you obviously have issues. Money has often been the downfall for many.

Stupider isn't a word... but thanks for playing.

January 28, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Snookiee Rockszz

Okay Stfu MrBo Yuh Dont Gotta Lifee Becuz Yuh Talk Shxxt On Da net..Ya digg.?

January 28, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  17. Jessica

So now you have to be and speak italian to visit the country? The crew is a lucky bunch for the opportunity.

January 28, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  18. steve

one on behalf of myself and anyone who doesnt watch sh%ty reality tv who the f%#k is paulyd and what is a paulyd sounds like a very unwanted STD lol

January 28, 2011 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  19. heston 2012

Wow I hate to say it but I have become a fan of this show. and find entertaining but they had better be careful of who they hit and how they hit on them in Italy. I had a great time while there...

January 28, 2011 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  20. The Real World

The best thing that could happen is the private MTV jet crashs on the way there, but the pilots were smart enough
    to bail out before the jet went over the Atlantic! MTV is a total POS now and has been for years! What's the most
    amazing is these "players" simply don't get it that the world looks at them as "Total Tools"!

January 28, 2011 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
  21. Bill

Its interesting how many people have left negative comments about the Jersey Shore cast calling them losers, idiots etc.
    Obviously, these same people watch the show. Each cast gets more than $10,000 per episode which is way they will be offered another contract to spend some time in Italy. Then they made guest appearances at various events and are paid. How many people who leave all these negative comments, but love/hate the show, make that kind of money?

Most reality shows take 'nobodies' and overnight turn them into celebrities. Millions of people watch these shows and hate the cast, but they keep watching. Whose the idiots?

January 28, 2011 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  22. A

Certamente vi tutti posso insegnare l'italiano. Se gente come voi potessero guadagnare molti soldi da MTV senza ragione, guadagnerei molti soldi da MTV per insegnare l'italiano.

January 28, 2011 at 5:02 am | Report abuse |
    • dalis

Ottima idea! Forse Giorgia Surina potrebbe insegnargli, e Pauly D. imparera' le parti dell'anatomia...ma solo la sua propria.

January 28, 2011 at 6:19 am | Report abuse |
  23. sticky vicky

Whoops. Damn Blackberry doesn't have spellcheck. What can I do? I am sticky vicky. Hear me roar....as I get bu+t slammed. Booze it up.

January 28, 2011 at 2:56 am | Report abuse |
  24. CattyA

Let's hope this is an educating experience for them. If we in Europe required the tourists to speak our languages, we would have to ban most of the Americans from our shores. By the way, I met years ago a sweet old American lady with lilac hair in Helsinki. Se thought she was in Norway...

January 28, 2011 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
    • dalis

Used to live in Italy. I wouldn't call myself fluent, but I do pretty well. One Christmas, I was invited by a friend to stay in Bavaria and since it was rather spontaneous, I had no time to cram German. Boy were the Germans annoyed with me! In the airport info kiosk of Munich International Airport (c'mon really?), at the museums, even at Dachau. Didn't help that I have that German face so many of us Americans sport around. I sympathize with the fish out of water ever since, and these Jersey Shore dudes are so screwed.

January 28, 2011 at 3:36 am | Report abuse |
    • JHaas

Yeah I hope it's an educating experience, but mostly for these gullible morons who think that the average European is smarter, better educated, classier than the average American. If the producers show real Europeans, the gullible will be in for a rude awakening.

January 28, 2011 at 8:11 am | Report abuse |
  25. D!ON!S!A

Soy puerto rican..

January 28, 2011 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  26. D!ON!S!A

Todo de ustedes estan idiotas.... yo hablo espanol perfecto... y no soy mexicana putooooooooooooooooosssssssssss!!!

January 28, 2011 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
    • dalis

Si', ma puoi parlare italiano, anche se non sei italiana? Sono Americana e ce la faccio. Chi e' la puttana?

January 28, 2011 at 3:31 am | Report abuse |
  27. SurRy

"...Mesna candidate..."

FYI, it is MENSA, not MESNA.

January 28, 2011 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  28. sticky vicky

Hey Victoria. Do you ever agree with anyone a billion percent, or do you just limit it to a cool million. I am guessing you are a Mesna candidate and IQ tests are off the charts. Bet you remember when u first got bent over the back seat of a Chevy Nova by some dude in a Metallica t-shirt.....but you can't remember anything from math class. Booze it up!!

January 28, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  29. SurRy

Please don't let him leave the US. No wonder the rest of the world thinks the US is filled with idiots. On second thought, please don't let him return to the US!

January 28, 2011 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  30. Justin Boober

Hey Victoria....meet my friend. His name is Ben Dover. You would really like his large....vocabulary. He can wow you with mathmatical equations and phrases like "she agreed with him 85,000 percent" and I am sure that half the population like Justin Bieber and the other 65% are unsure. Booze it up you hippie. Ha dee

January 28, 2011 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  31. Masa D. Luffy

Number of posts in an informative CNN entry: few
    Number of posts in a Jersey Shore CNN entry: many

Never change, internet denizens browsing CNN.

January 27, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Tom

What a shock it's going to be when they find out that most Italians their age speak at least 3 languages, are less trashy, and are far more sophisticated and cosmopolitan than they are! Doubt they'll have much to talk about!

January 27, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Big Ape

What in the world would you expect in an Italian club? Artificial yak herders from the Himalayas?
    What did I even bother going to college......?

January 27, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Pea Tear Griffon

i recently grew a moustache and can speak perfect italian, baba booie? baba meah bob mi! Word of advice , get a moustache.

January 27, 2011 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Tootles

Forget trying to succeed through education and innate intelligence. Stupidity, illiteracy,self obsession - that is the way to fame and fortune in the United Staes these days.

January 27, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  36. from undah

All you all are too stupid to realize what pauly d is up to. Bet he lands a deal with rosetta stone cause of his comment. He is way smarter than all these dooshes on this message board who think italians are classy. Reality italians are hairy, including the women.

January 27, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  37. JLB

gotta say i think its gonna b a trip watching the jersey shore in italy and i cant wait to c it! Pauly D ur HOTT!

January 27, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  38. bpetrici

Please just go away!

January 27, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  39. A rosetta stone

hundred bucks says he thinks it's a magical rock that helps you speak italian.

January 27, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  40. mizz nyika

R u freaking serious?!?!?! And MTV is paying for all of it!!! I mean like damn can I get a reality show??? What has a chick got to do. Be a teen mom, get pregnant at 16, be a kardashian, a hilton or richie, be a housewife or live in Orange county. Im getting frustrated

January 27, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Beautiful Vixen

@Evel..you are always commenting on Jwoww's cans..lol. You sure love those cans!

January 27, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  42. justin boober

I am Bieber, hear me roar. I love getting on these blogs and talking with ordinary folk. I have been putting on an act with all these teenie boppers and Selena gomez. I actually like boys. If any young studs want to hook up, I will kick u my digits. Sincerely, J Bieber

January 27, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  43. justin boober

Yes, toe jam. That is correct. I am hookin up with pauly D. He loves my wavy blond locks. I was waiting to come out of the closet, but you blew my cover. Booze it up! J Bieber.

January 27, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  44. ProperVillain

Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you the new poster child for the ignorant, ugly American....

January 27, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Raoul

hatcha matta you- the NJ Shore cast members are "Olive Gardden" Italians. aaaa Monday, aTuesday, aWednesday...Mama Mia!!! Luigi just passed Super Mario for bonus points.

January 27, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  46. ladislas

The difference between a Guido and a native Italian? Class and elegance.. Even cab drivers in Rome dress better than this clown.. Anytime I see a JS or Olive garden add I feel embarassed for my Italian friends.. Good luck scoring there buddy

January 27, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Flowers

From MrBo: "You don't speak Spanish? Stop calling yourself half-Puerto Rican then. If you're going to ascribe your parents' roots on yourself you better at least have an inkling about the culture you're purportedly a part of. Otherwise you're just another pretender, like this Jersey Shore dill."

This is stupidest reply I've ever read. You're an idiot.

January 27, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  48. The Human Fund

Grenade in Italiano is "Granata".

January 27, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  49. john

everyone's making a big deal about the food comment. Have you guys been to Italy, the food is much different than Italian here, so he probably doesn't know much about the food.

January 27, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Aireka

You know im reading all these comments and i can't help to think how much dislike and negativity there is. First off, sure these guys and girls are getting paid to party etc but you're also making them money by watching their show, buying magazines that write about them etc (hey I'm guilty too).

Anyways, this show is like a bad car crash that you can't look away
    from. On another note, it's comedy. We as humans just love to see
    people succeed or crash and burn. Say what you want about this group, the fact of the matter is that they are one: employed, two: having fun and three: doing/trying things that most of you would want to do at least once in your life (whether it be a one night stand, a trip to Italy, being in a jacuzzi with your roommates uncle or starting a fist fight with your roommate) whatever it may be.

January 27, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • victoria

i agree 1000000 percent with you people are just jealous of them.

January 27, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  51. sera

I just came back from being in italy for a month and those kids have some surprises in store for them.... And italian I met that had heard of the show HATES it and them... Their security team may have a few challenges whe they get their asses kicked for coming on to the women.

January 27, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Dino

"I don't know what tanning's like there" Hey Einstein, Italians have a natural olive complexion so there is no reason for them or (you) to tan. Unless you want to look like a muli or a pakistani like your friend Snooky. A lot of women there speak english so probably the first thing they are going to ask you is what part of Mexico you are from. LOL

January 27, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  53. monkey

Hey guys like ahhh F*** u!!!!!!!!b!!b!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! every one!thax

January 27, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Jazmine

I can't wait to see what that's going to be like! I love all the cast, all of you guys are HATERS!!!

January 27, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  55. MAX

they're gonna get their a s s's kicked big time, hahahaahaa

January 27, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  56. monkey

Mucho macho f*** you

January 27, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  57. monkey

Hey how about suck my banana??? Hey.someone else f*** ur moma loves its and ur daddy

January 27, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  58. JeanClaudeVanDarn

Most Italians I know are nothing like these clowns. The women are mostly very respectable. The men are hard working and church going. Sure many Italians "think" they're in a godfather movie and they do like gambling, but I've never met a fist pumping loose blown out hootchie italian girl EVER.

January 27, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Bazooka Joe

When in Rome do as the Romans. Not like some stugats from the U.S

January 27, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Sam

What a d-bag.

January 27, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Gianna

I think he's adorable. He won't have any trouble meeting women in Italy. He may have to fight them off.

January 27, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  62. amber

Why so many haters comments I love all the jersey shore crew except Sam. But Pauly D dont listen to none of these haters women around the world love you your hot and funny two of the best trates in a man so youll do well where ever you go. Just dont listen to the BS on the other blogs cant wait to see you guys on the show no matter where its at.

January 27, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  63. billie

I think the show should be taped on knucklehead island.

January 27, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Jon V

If he claims to be Italian and is so proud how come he has to get paid to got there first the 1st time ever. I am sure he's made enough money to go there before and really learn his roots. He's a fake italian it maybe in his blood but that's not who he is. He just plays the part of "yeah im italian" because apparently its the cool thing to do.

January 27, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Blah

he's going to need 2 or 3 rosetta stone's. heh

January 27, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • ohyeah401

At least he knows how to use the apostrophe properly, unlike you.

January 27, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Matt

Everyone has the right to watch it if they like it. So I have the right to hate on them if I don't ha.

January 27, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Matt

Nah this show is stupid. The reason I hate on these losers isn't because they have more money than I do... It's because they don't do anything for society. They just party and start a bunch of drama. I'm busy working my a** off, I don't have time for losers like that. That's why I hate on them..

January 27, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  68. vodnas

They shouldn't even call themselves Italian. If they really cared anything about their roots they would have learned the language a long time ago. Not doing so is just plain laziness.

January 27, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Carl B

I went to Italy twice last year amd did just fine. You don't need to know the language because most Italians I ran into spoke English or knew enouph to understand what I was asking. He's such a drama queen...

January 27, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • dalis

Rome and Florence and other tourist meccas don't count. You can walk from the Duomo to the Uffizi on a summer's day and not hear a word of Italian except for "gelato".

January 28, 2011 at 3:13 am | Report abuse |
  70. from undah

Lovin all the haters. Why do so many people hold Italy in high regards? I hope they represent and show those hairy skinny jean wearing knobs what were all about. Love seeing people get upset over a group of people who by the age of 30 made more money than 99% of the people hating on this message board will ever make in their lives. Italy is lame. Jerzy rules!

January 27, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  71. clete

What a total D-bag.

January 27, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  72. mattt

Hey monkey, take the banana out of your a$$ how about that.

January 27, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  73. hollywoodjack

Wow! CNN really had nothing else better than this to report about? Terrible. Can't believe I just read 2 lines of this. Pauly, you are a disgrace

January 27, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  74. monkey

Suck my banana your moma likes it and ur grandma + ur sis:)

January 27, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  75. WEEKENDS

Good for Pauly D and the whole Jersey Shore gang. Let them enjoy their 15 minutes of fame. I hope they all milk this for all it's worth. Oportunity only knocks once so take it while you can. All you negative posters are just jealous. You just wish you had the life Pauly D has now. I know I'd like to try it. . . . for 15 minutes.

January 27, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  76. james

Hey I got an idea how about all yall lame muada f*** jus shut the f*** up and live the same boring ass live you go to every day after work, do something diffrent for a change! I mean its 2011 who cares about any thim let's all be DTF!!!

January 27, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Pat

Should be good.

January 27, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Jesse

Iv'e got a Pauli poo in my toilet

January 27, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Toe Jam

I heard that Justin Beiber and him are dating...

January 27, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  80. TJW

what???? You don't know the food? I'd understand if you were going to central Africa, but who doesn't love Italian food. This pretty boy's not the sharpest knife in the draw. I wish I could be there when he stacks a couple hundreds on the bar bell and drops the thing on his neck because he doesn't realize they weight things in kilograms instead of pounds!

January 27, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  81. jessica

OMG I love tjs they are awsome!! I got Pauly D tatoo on my ass I love him!

January 27, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  82. cierraM

So auhh does any of the cast speak the language?????????????????????????

January 27, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  83. CierraL

So auhh does any of the cast speak the language?????????????????????????

January 27, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Mattt

I wish they would stop talking about these losers on CNN.

January 27, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  85. josh t

So does Vinny speak itailian? Or any one else?

January 27, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  86. GoodGrief

You all are funny. Take a look at Italian politics and then get off your 'Italian Culture' high and mighty horse. You think MTV is setting them up for failure? Of course not. Italy, just like the US, has plenty of places these bozos will fit in just fine.

January 27, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Bella

nordicmetalhead I agree with you. They fight with each other, fight others in the club, get pizzy drunk of the beach, go to jail, bang or smash (that's their words) different women every night, the girls smash different men every night also, go to work hung over, but sit down on Sunday & have Sunday dinner. Yea they got it together. But with all that said I do like the show, it's very entertaining and they keep me laughing cause they are some idiots but it is the closest to a reality show I've ever seen. But I wouldn't go so far & say they have it together cause they pull it together by Sunday & cook from scratch and sit down eat together every Sunday especially after the week they just had.

January 27, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Claude Kalid

Good God... Please. please... Don't send these kids to Italy. I can't think of worse ambassadors for our country than this bunch of dimwits. CK

January 27, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Me

It's a stupid show yet we watch it.. otherwise all of your comments would not be here.. you took a moment of your time to read this and comment.. They might be all idiots but they get our attention and they make money.. I agree that they will not fit in Italy, but it will be fun to watch..

January 27, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  90. el chico

Your right I haven't. But I'm not hating on these people. And I can afford to go , but italy isn't my cup of tea.

January 27, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  91. el chico

Quit hating on these people already. Your just jealous because you always wanted to go to italy but can't afford it. All you haters would love to be in their shoes. I know I would love to make 30k an episode. They doing it big and your jealous. Makes me laugh. People like you is why they came up with the phrase hater.

January 27, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  92. me

I am sorry if someone already said this but i didnt read all the comments i just scrolled down to the bottom, Pauly needs the rosetta stone for english before he tries to tackle italian. This is going to be so embarassing for Americans!

January 27, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  93. matt

How dumb is this guy??? I don't know the food....it's Italian food, authentic stuff...they will be the laughing stock of the country. I'm Italian, I've been there there is no such thing as guido's over there. they will stick out like sore thumbs.

January 27, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Oscars Helmet

if indeed they end up in prison then Turkey would be the wise choice

January 27, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  95. John

In the season finale the entire cast goes to Italian prison!

January 27, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really?

Let's hope it's the SERIES finale, not the season finale... Oh, and good luck getting out of jail. Amanda Knox can give them some tips in the slammer.

January 27, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aireka

^^^ lol so sad but funny.

January 27, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  96. john

Return to sender: defective.

January 27, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Oscars Helmet

I got a some backdoor action from Snookie a couple years back... she left some corn nugs on my helmet.

January 27, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  98. nordicmetalhead

Remember how we non-Italians badmouthed and stereotyped any Italians who emigrated to America? Consider this karmic payback.

January 27, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  99. LaHagela

They will definitely be in for some culture shock, does MTV Europe air the show? Have their peers in Italy even seen the show? Italy is a party place if you are in the right area, and there will always be some tarts who want their 15 minutes of fame and sign that waiver just to be on TV and not care that they've just been exposed to hundreds of strains of STD's. I'm sure they aren't going to send them to some little village in Naples and let them loose.
    Get used to no ice cubes and very little red meat folks!!

January 27, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • sass11

Yes, they air it in Europe. My bf is Italian, but his sister still lives there, and she loves the show.

January 27, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Anthony

I think he and the others need Rosetta Stone for "ENGLISH"....first...

January 27, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  101. jay

Screw around like hedons but have sunday dinner. What sunday dinner is having morals. Hahahahah

January 27, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  102. heycarrieann

He needs Rosetta Stone? For what? English? The thought of that group in Italy is mind numbing. It will be shock all right, on the part of the poor Italians that have the misfortune of coming in contac with any them.

January 27, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  103. Loving the Shore

If any of you actually watched the show, you'd realize it's not as bad as you all might think......I can't wait for the next season!!! There are so many haters out here...if you hate them so much, why bother reading the stories and commenting, you obviously don't know what you're talking about....I wonder how many of the hater commenting people out here sit down for a nice Sunday Family Dinner, cooked from scratch and not processed food....I know I was bought up with Sunday Dinners and I continue it to this day with my family.....if they watched Jersey Shore, they'd see how important it is to these kids to sit down as a famlily on Sunday's and have a nice homecooked meal.....they have alot more morals and values than you haters think they do.......

January 27, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Mucho Macho

You're right, I haven't watched that show that much, but here's what I do know: You're an f'ing d0uche...

January 27, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Nyxxie

I watch the show and I actually love it– but going to Italy is not the right move for a show called Jersey Shore. :)

January 27, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • c-chan

Learn how to use proper grammar and spelling first and then we'll talk.

January 27, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • nordicmetalhead

Right, because we all judge morality by the amount of drunken women in your bed after the number of fights you've had at the club with their now former drunken boyfriends.. to be followed by Sunday dinner.

Make them earn their way to Italy; ask them to name at least one Roman emperor that is not from within the Julio-Claudian line, then, name the city that is most famous for its patronage to various artistic masters during the Renaissance.. oh, and for fun, ask them to name the other languages in the Latin linguistic family.

January 27, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tawnie

Please read-up on the definition of the word morals.

January 28, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  104. chris

Real MEN, dont use Tanning Beds,,,Just Saying............. what a Dissgrace to the Italian Culture.

January 27, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  105. CASPARINA

Im really excited for the next season, I love Jersey Shore its reality believe it or not..
    And ppl who hate the show do look dumb commenting on this!

January 27, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  106. Seriously

Seriously in the beginning the show was different but enough already. I cant imagine these guys going to Italy and not causing embarassment to the Italian culture. Learn how to act at home first. Why would we expect the cast to go anywhere without causing unnecessary drama?

January 27, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Gabe Kaplan

Why are all the dagos and garlic eaters embarrassed by them? They are a true representation of 95% of all Italians.

January 27, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Ashlee

WLM–THANK YOU! Some common sense in this world DOES still exist...

January 27, 2011 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  108. tc2010

Vinnie is full Italian; Pauly d is full Italian; Mike is full Italian; Sammi is full Italian; Ronnie is half Italian and half Puerto Rican; jwoww is not Italian and Snooki is full Chilean adopted by an Italian family!

January 27, 2011 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  109. Newyorker

Sorry Pauly, but going out with a girl named Rosetta and getting stoned is probably more your style. Besides, not saying anything (in any language) will make you seem less dumb and lame.

January 27, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  110. md

What a mo...

January 27, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  111. Dominic

Well y is jwoww going then? She said she is spanish and irish.

January 27, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  112. Mattt

I agree with JR on this one. Honestly this show is full of losers.

January 27, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  113. metameta

Hey Pauly, maybe stop obsessing on yourself just long enough to learn something in Italy. Don't miss the museum on your way to the gym bozo.

January 27, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  114. WLM

LOL.. It will be a culture shock. They will be well received but they wont like it!! Good luck with the Tanning thing...

January 27, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  115. someone

Hey CNN, maybe a little less guido celebrity news and a little more information on riots in Egypt and Yemen? I know it is asking a lot to do actual work, but maybe you should start.

January 27, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Ranjan

hey smartass, how about you get out of the showbiz section if you're looking for news on eqypt and yemen

January 27, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Name*Pauk

@ ranjan lol

January 27, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • someoneelse

I dont understand it either. I went to the auto section the other day in the paper, and they had no news on Snooki. I mean, what a crap paper? How come I can find out about the weather from People magazine? GO AWAY.

January 27, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  116. JR

Maybe dumb-ass should learn english before he worry's about speaking Italian.

January 27, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Penny

Oh, JR. I think it's brilliant how you criticize his poor language skills, then exhibit your own. Well done!

January 27, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • ohyeah401

JR – Pauly has no problem with English. There is a difference between poor grammar and spelling (for example, using "worry's" instead of "worries") and having a thick regional accent. I admit that Pauly doesn't come off initially as the most articulate person, but I think that is due to the HEAVY Mass accent rather than the words he uses.

January 27, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ JR

Are you serious?

January 28, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  117. mark in nyc

embarrassment!!!!!!!!! not sure what's more horrifying: that this is news? that jersey shore is so popular? that i am leaving a comment?

January 27, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  118. Jenn

I don't know about you, but I think it's rather insulting to have these guys in Italy. They may be Italian by blood, but they are nothing like an Italian born and raised in Italy. The closest could be Vinny but that's a far call, too.

January 27, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
    • idiot

insulting? why are you insulted by people being in another country?

January 27, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stella

I am quite surprised at how...daft...some of these responses have been. What could possibly be insulting about these kids going to Italy? I mean, seriously, what is insulting about it to you as an individual. I think Italy will survive their short-term residency just fine.

January 27, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • JHaas

Knowing a few facts about the wonderful country that is Italy might be helpful... like the fact that Italian soccer fans like to make monkey noises and throw banana skins when black players enter the field... or the fact that some municipalities openly deny some welfare payments to non-white, non-catholic families... or the fact that first responders sometimes show up for an emergency and leave the scene after finding out that the person in distress is black. The Jersey Shore guys are momma's well-reared little boys in comparison with the average southern European kid. Stop fantasizing about Europe, it's much uglier than the clueless and impressionable imagine.

January 28, 2011 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
  119. Michael

Don't worry with Italian, try speaking English at an 8th grade level first. Baby steps genius, baby steps!

January 27, 2011 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  120. Slick Willie

But...isn't Snookie from Chile???

January 27, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Jill M.

No, she is not from Chile but she is half Chilean and half something else. She was adopted by an Italian family.

January 27, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Pauly C

Half Chilean and half meatball...

January 27, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alex

Snooki was adopted from Santiago, Chile by Italian parents. Check your facts. Everyone else on the show is Italian in some way besides Jenni who is Irish and Spanish...and silicon.

January 27, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elle

Not that it really matters much, but Snooki is Chilean-Italian. There is a high percentage of Italian immigrants in Chile, which Snooki is descended from. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Chilean

January 27, 2011 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  121. munchie

They won't be accepted that well in Italy. Having studied in Italy and lived there, the people are not like the Shore crew. Yeah we went out and partied and went to clubs, but it's very different. If he wants to score chicks then he'll need to change his dress and hair and orange skin. He'll also need to know some Italian cause the ladies find it kinda cute when you're trying to speak/flirt with them in italian. The shore crew will need a serious euro make-over before doing well in Italy.

January 27, 2011 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
    • joe

Do you really need to have studying in Italy to know this, or could you just know by having a brain.

January 27, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Josh

Snarky much Joe?

January 27, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Ian

Please, put a camera on the guys and women will be fighting to get some screen time just like they do in America. Noen of them woudl do half as good as they do w/o the camera on them.

January 27, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • JHaas

Yeah right... I live 20 miles from Italian borders and spend a lot of time in Italy. You should see the exalted crowds when grade A morons like Paris Hilton are said to be in town. Same thing in France where I live. Europeans like to take airs and think they're royalty by virtue of being Europeans but there's a huge civilization gap between the US and Southern Europe and it's not in S. Europe's advantage.

January 28, 2011 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  122. Name*Chuck d.

Are they really this clueless? Or am I in hook, line and sinker???

January 27, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  123. thagenius

I'm half puerto rican (dad side) and I don't speak a lick of spanish so don't feel bad.

January 27, 2011 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
    • loaba

@MrBo – you're a dill-hole if you think that speaking X language has any bearing on claiming X heritage. I don't speak Spanish, that doesn't change my last name (or make my heritage any less.) Gawd, but I hate stupid people on the internet. Sad thing is, they don't even know they're stupid...

January 27, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Italian Mike

Mucho Macho.. "sei un idiota!!"

January 27, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Billy

@MrBo....What a stupid thing to say. The fact that one chooses not to learn the language spoken by ancestors and elder family members doesn't change ethnicity.

January 27, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mucho Macho

Italian Mike..."sei un d0uchebag"

January 28, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Nyxxie

Pauly, real Italians use the real sun to get a tan. It's that thing in the sky that provides us light throughout half the day. Just an FYI.

January 27, 2011 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |