It's Michelle vs. the world on 'The Bachelor'
January 25th, 2011

It's Michelle vs. the world on 'The Bachelor'

Last night's episode of "The Bachelor" began with Michelle waking up with a black eye, which she reminds us of about every two minutes or so. She was hoping to get a one-on-one date so Brad could kiss the black eye, thereby making the other eye jealous.

But the first individual date went to Chantal the slapper, with the clue of "how deep is your love." Were Chantal and Brad going to meet the two surviving Bee Gees?

Nope, they went to Catalina Island, still located 26 miles across the sea, to walk the sea floor. After seeing lots and lots of fish, the two headed over to what looked like an abandoned tiki bar, where Chantal apologized for that whole face-slapping thing. Brad accepted the apology by giving her a rose.

Back at the ranch, nine women were selected for the group date...and none of them were named Michelle. Michelle warns that if she's not picked for the second individual date, Brad may face a black eye of his own. Michelle threatening physical abuse and Chantal glorifying violence - "The Bachelor" really picks winners, doesn't it?

The group date finds Brad and the nine women at a radio studio to appear on "Loveline" with Dr. Drew Pinsky and some other guy.  Hands up to those who thought the show went off the air when Adam Corolla left.

The other guy asked the ladies if they've ever cheated on their boyfriends. Stacey raised her hand, and talked about a "drunken incident" in college. Brad then explained for the 240th time what he did wrong on his first "Bachelor" appearance. You could put this show on a three-minute loop and not miss a thing.

The show's strange fascination with pools continued after the radio show, with Brad and the women holding a poolside party. Ashley the dancing dentist schemed to get alone time with Brad by confronting him while he's smooching Britt. Brad responded by giving Britt the rose.

When Michelle learned that she snapped up the second individual date, she celebrated like she won a gold medal. She pledged that nothing's going to stop her now, even channeling her inner Dusty Rhodes by threatening to "bionic elbow" her challengers. But Brad had something to say about that, delaying the date to talk to Ashley about her group date antics.

Brad and Michelle's date started with a helicopter ride to the top of a very tall building, where they then had to rappel down the side of the structure to get to dinner and, yet again, the swimming pool. Michelle - who had no problem getting on the 'copter - said she's afraid of heights and won't go down the building. Nevertheless, the two rappelled down the building and then celebrated by jumping into the pool with their clothes on.

Brad complimented Michelle for being a "mature woman." I guess that's one way to describe her. He then expresses an interest in meeting Michelle's daughter, scaring viewers at the concept that the woman is a parent. But Michelle ended up getting a rose, pleasing the producers and network executives.

At the cocktail party, Brad locates his inner Yogi Bear and takes Emily outside for a picnic, also finding time to encourage Meghan to not be so, in her words, "walled up."

Alas, Meghan won't have a chance to break down her walls, as she got the boot at the rose ceremony. Joining Meghan out the door were Stacey the cheater and Lindsay, who'd I say more about if I didn't forget that she was still on the show.

Next week, we're heading to Vegas.

What did you think of last night's "Bachelor" episode?

1. MICHELLE

WOW WHAT IS BRAD REALLY THINKING HERE? HE REALLY NNEDS TO WAKEUP TO SEE WHAT MICHELLE ES ALL SHE ES ES DRAMA HE NEEDS TO SEND HER HOME NOW. I THINK MICHELLE HASS A LOT IF ISSUES I BELIEVE SHAWNTEL SHOULD BE WITH BRAD SHE IS MY FAVORITE SHE ES SO SWEET N MY SECOND FAVORITE ES EMILY BOT MICHELLE SHOULD BE ELIMINATED NOW

February 9, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Kathleen

This show is supposed to be pure entainment only, that's it!!! It's all about ratings and ABC making as much money as they can when the show is hot. You believe all this CONTRIEVED BS? It's showbiz folks!!

February 8, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  3. bubba

To the bachelor ! Dud you are a spinless pu– . I can not believe you kept Michelle over the other. If you cant see that Michelle is a complete dominating wench you suck your self. My wife even says she gives Utah woman a bad name !!!
    What are you thinking , it must be with your head thats for sure. Dud grow up !!!! And this is coming from a 44 year old man that cant stand this show. But my wife loves it , so i watch it with her, (happy wife happy life) . I DONT THINK ANYONE COULD MAKE THAT BITTY HAPPY ( MICHELLE) .

February 7, 2011 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Lisa

Michelle is an idiot...If Brad picks MIchelle i will never ever watch the bachelor again....Michelle is Psycho...I am Rooting for Emily. she is the most down to earth and genuine girl on there. Brad should send michelle home as soon as possible. Why he cant see what she is up to and what an idiot and how psycho she is thats beyond me . once again Michelle should go home A.S.A.P. !!!!!!!!!

February 7, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Packer fan

I love this show. But I am still disappointed they chose brad as the bachelor, again. Is season has been pretty boring so far. Seems like the same thing each week. Brads low energy and " I'm so happy" "I'm so sorry" lines makes it even worse. They should have picked a different bachelor this season. I'm rooting for Emily to be the next bachelorette! I can't see her with brad. Whateves.

February 1, 2011 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  6. pbpossum

#1 Samantha–Gee, Thanks for spoiling the outcome for the rest of us........
    #2 Brad is 38. Aren't these woman a tad on the young side for him? Emily is sweet, but she's only 24. Couldn't they have found ladies that were in their mid/late 30's? How about a bachelor that is in his 40's with age appropriate contestantants.
    #3 Michelle. One scary nut job. Seems there's one every season, and why is she always named MICHELLE?
    #4 Look closely. He does seem to be very smitten with both Emily and Chantel. Those were my picks for the final.....

January 26, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  7. superfanKPH

i wasn't really excited about it, but it's better than I thought it would be. It's no Jake & Vienna though

January 26, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Actually

Actually Samantha just because you are runner up doesn't mean that you become the next bachelor or bachelorette. Apparantly you don't watch the show much.

January 26, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  9. Malorams

Britt is the one he should choose. She is so sweet.

January 26, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  10. carolyn

Again, Brad is getting more than tiresome with his "I'm so sorry" routine...enough already-we get it. I have come to the conclusion ihe still has issues to deal with and we do not need the exposure of evey minute detail. As an aside, we all know when two or more women are together in a room especially vying for one man-it will get ugly in a heartbeat. I am sure the girls knew the rules of the game coming into this situation so why go on the show–they are quite attractive- on the other hand, maybe the exposure will fhelp them find true love in the real world-not a fantasy atmosphere-full of glitz and ya-de-yah........ "It ain't gonna be like that when the lights go out and the castle goes away".

January 26, 2011 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
  11. Mark

Personally, I have to watch this show because my wife and daughter enjoy it. I think Brad has some psychological issues that need to be evaluated. He has a low self-esteem, as well as, some immaturity. He is caught up it the hype of a fairy tale romance. The girls are also caught up in the hype of the show. Brad may pick someone, but it will not last. The someone will find out what he is all about.

January 25, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Debbie

Michelle and Ashley H need to go home. My husband is on travel in SLC right now so I told him to beware of crazy Michelle. I like Emily but I'm not sure she's right for him. I kinda like Ashley S.

January 25, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  13. LW

LOL! Best post here!

January 25, 2011 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Deborah

I have never posted on one of these before but I couldn't resist today. I am almost embarrassed to say I watch this show. I know they edit for ratings but there is no way Michelle is anything but crazy. It is scary and sad to think she is a mother to a girl. Sad to know she is raising a future woman. Hopefully, she will have another positive role model in her life somewhere. I actually like Brad but the longer he keeps her on the show, my opinion changes. If he thinks Michelle is a mature woman he wants to get to know better, he doesn't have much taste and might just enjoy crazy drama!!! Horrible example of what a real lady is.

January 25, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  15. mel

I would probably watch the show if they had a different bachelor on it. Im not a big fan of Brad and wish they would have given another guy a chance to meet someone.

January 25, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  16. sharon

This whole show this season is really immature. Its nothing but game playing and doing childish games. Get real. This has nothing to do with really trying to find the "right one". Everytime you turn around he is kissing someone or in the pool kissing someone. He has a great body but does he have to make sure everyone sees it all the time.

January 25, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Paul

You Michelle haters will be UNpleasantly surprised in the end.
    (Apparently, Brad doesn't think like y'all.)

January 25, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Samantha

why? she gets eliminated either when its cut from 6 to 4 or 4 to 3, can't remember which one right now but either way, he chooses CHantal, Michelle is eliminated way before the end.

January 25, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michelle is an idiot

If you think I would be surprised if Brad picks Michelle, you are sorely mistaken. I wouldn't see it as an unlikely event... I mean if I were a desperate guy who had a decent looking girl all over me and wanting me all for herself... I guess I would go for her as well. I found out this was his second time around and that he went through some "therapy" which leads me to believe that this guy is somewhat desperate. He won't see the problems with Michelle until he picks her, which echoes these "celebrities" you see.

January 25, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • sally

LOL never happen

January 25, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Mahgo

What are the chances that these girls make up their phobias so that they seem "brave" when they face their "fears"?

January 25, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Robin

How much longer are we going to have to watch Michelle? It's scary to think she's a mother. I hope Brad sees the real Michelle soon and gives her the boot! I would also love to see "Ash" get the boot. Not sure which is the scariest – Michelle or Ash. I would have liked to see Lindsay stay. Apprently there was no chemistry since she never received a one-on-one date. My pick is Emily.

January 25, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Samantha

she either leaves when it is cut from 6 to 4 or 4 to 3, can't remember which one, read reality steve to get all the answers silly. Chantal wins in the final two over Emily, if you call getting to spend your life with Brad winning. I think it means Emily wins cuz by finishing 2nd she will be the next bachelorette. yeah, go emily!

January 25, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • LW

Of course Michelle will be around for a while. Haven't you noticed that every Bachelor and Bachelorette show has to have at least one certifiable nut case in the group? It's a requirement to keep viewers watching. That's why they keep getting roses. The funniest was the pilot guy who actually ended up with the strangest one there (Vienna). Yeah, that one lasted about 5 minutes.

January 25, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Michelle is an idiot

But so was I for watching this crap people consider entertainment. Even if it was only for an episode... I felt my brain slowly rotting. Whatever happens, I hope Michelle doesn't win. Other than that I could care less.

January 25, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |