Britney's 'Hold It Against Me' debuts at the top
January 21st, 2011

Britney's 'Hold It Against Me' debuts at the top

Don’t hold it against her, but Britney Spears has another No. 1.

Her latest beat-driven single, “Hold It Against Me” peaked at the top of iTunes within hours of its release, and this week Billboard made the record’s reign official: it also debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100.

But Spears is used to such a victory. Her 2009 hit "3" also made its bow in the top spot. Following Ms. Spears is Bruno Mars, whose single "Grenade is No. 2, and Katy Perry's "Fireworks" at No. 3.

Is this a sign that Spears’ upcoming album will also rise to No. 1? We'll have to wait and see - the album is expected to drop in March.

Filed under: Britney Spears • Celebrities • Music

1. iyinet 2012 seo yarışması llhtnbşklhyktr

It's actually a nice and helpful piece of info. I am happy that you simply shared this useful info with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

June 13, 2012 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  2. llhtnbşklhyktr, iyinet 2012, seo yarışması

It is the best time to make some plans for the long run and it's time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I wish to recommend you few interesting issues or tips. Perhaps you could write subsequent articles relating to this article. I want to read more things approximately it!

May 9, 2012 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  3. Jessica

U GUYS SUCK! I ROCK! I'M BRITNEY'S BFF!!!HEH HEH! U GUYS R POOR!TOO!

May 16, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  4. oem sofware

I just can not imagine with strong your blog greatly that helped me. God bless you “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” – Henry Ford

March 22, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jon

check out my remix cover version of the song Thanks

February 14, 2011 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  6. Brit Brit

Oh Baby baby....

January 24, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Marco555

Her Teflon career can sustain almost anything and she's getting more and more gorgeous. She'll outlast them all including Goo-Goo Ga-Ga.

January 24, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  8. QUAKER JOE

I'm sorry, but anyone who's too bloody stupid to correctly spell monosyllabic words such as "you" and "are" deserve not one iota of sympathy from those who will eventually end up supporting them through higher taxes.

January 24, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Steaming Duke

JUST HOW F*****G HARD IS IT TO SPELL "YOU"?

January 24, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  10. judgenot

Who says u have to be
    Perfect huh losers

January 24, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  11. judgenot

*Closets

January 24, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  12. judgenot

Lay off like all yalls
    lives r perfect rite everybody
    Has a few skeletons in their cosets too
    Nobody is perfect at least she is getting it together
    Now

January 24, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  13. folando

Everybody always hatin on britney but she always prevail see it don't matter how people try to ruin ur name ambition drive determination always kill the hate Good job britney keep doing you sweetheart....God is good...

January 24, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  14. RUSH

I held it against her but it went off too soon :(

January 24, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  15. Rell

Why do people feels its normal to down someone! i dont like country music but that doesnt mean it sucks im sure most of you dont even know who Enya is but doesnt mean it sucks. Say what you want about her but rememeber who she is. She had how much #1 albums #1 hits and her tour was the number 1 tour of 2009 google it babay. Also dont forget she is richer then anyone on here ck forbes she is right after Beyonce and Lady GaGa so she must be doint something rite.

January 24, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  16. Stoner

Not to be a know it all but there are usually a lot more than one grammar bully on these blogs. The only way they can feel good about them selves is to point out other's short comings. And Speeling is all thets wong wit a loot off these fellers. Sad aint it but they are alllwauys huntun for soomthind do bij aboot. Ooooh there's a band name. "BijABOOt".

January 24, 2011 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  17. palintwit

I'd still like to see her do a little biscuit bumping with Bristol Palin, aka the Dancing Porker.

January 24, 2011 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  18. Andy

I'm not even a fan of hers but you people make me sick. The blatant haters are hilarious. Don't you clowns realize jealousy will get you nowhere. time to focus on your own lives and quit hating someone for making more money than you. For all the people who claim she sucks: until you all make music and get paid for it, you don't have s$@t to say. She'S laughing at you people all the way to the bank.

January 24, 2011 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  19. britney

yoooou know you love me baby. *wiggles booty* kisses x x

January 24, 2011 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Meh

Wipe the record production manager's wad from your cheek...and make room for mine

January 24, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  20. ugh!

Why is it that on every damn blog there's one "know-it-all" who feels the need to comment on everyone's grammar and punctuation. Get over it! It's a blog! It's not a damn spelling test or English class. Britney, regardless of what we do say or do not say will keep making money no matter what.

January 24, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Cleveland Steamer

Perhaps it's because illiterate 'tards swell the welfare rolls, and as such, have to be supported by those who actually stayed in school and didn't get pregnant at 15 by 'donor(s) unknown'.

January 24, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Stoner

Gargle Gargle . Yea those South park boys nailed that situation as they have a lot of others. Mmmmmm wet panties? I'd love a close look at those. Makes my mouth water, and stuff. Yummy yummy yummy I got love in my tummy.

January 24, 2011 at 7:08 am | Report abuse |
  22. Govstench

She needs to move on.......her music is terrible and sounds the same. Trash artist.

January 24, 2011 at 6:38 am | Report abuse |
  23. 1111Angel

Ahhh Jimi Hendrix. That's the stuff! Still one of my favs. Purple Haze makes my panties wet when I hear it.

January 24, 2011 at 6:28 am | Report abuse |
  24. Britney Spears

Did anybody see me in the Southpark episode?

January 24, 2011 at 6:03 am | Report abuse |
  25. Stoner

Oh and thank you "Them Crooked Vultures" Too. John Paul Jones is and always has been worthy. Rock and Roll is a way of life!

January 24, 2011 at 5:22 am | Report abuse |
  26. chieflaughingwagon

i like the fat bald lip synching britney better than the skinny wigged lip synchine britney :)

January 24, 2011 at 5:17 am | Report abuse |
  27. Stoner

Remember when real musicians walked the earth? Very few out there now. Black keys and Zappa plays Zappa are doing well in spite of how the music biz sucks the life , joy , and beauty out of the world. God blessed real musicians with a true gift that these rappers and computer fixed over paid catastrophes will never understand. Where is Dime Bag , Jimi Hendrix , Frank Zappa , Louis Armstrong , Stevie Ray Vaughn , the Beatles , Morphine , or Dinah Washington when you need them? Thank you the few and far between that bothered to learn your instrument. True love is a rare thing. Thanks for being real Dan and Dweezil, keep up the worth while fight. Its a privilege to love your work!

January 24, 2011 at 5:13 am | Report abuse |
  28. 1111Angel

Well we can only blame her #1 status on the suckers that buy her music. She is a lip-syncer and that can only mean that she cannot sing. Its fake just like Santa and the Easter Bunny. Remember the Simpson gal who got busted on SNL lip-syncing? Too funny! When she attempted to sing to prove herself a singer, it sounded like poo. Give Brit a microphone and no back-up singers or pre recorded singing and the world would hear what a big fake she is! The only credit I give her is for suckering so many people with her non-talent and getting richer and richer off of it. She's a thief!

January 24, 2011 at 5:00 am | Report abuse |
  29. britney

hey y'all don't get mad. I was born to make you happy ;)

January 24, 2011 at 2:59 am | Report abuse |
  30. Violets

There is no reason to get your panties in a twist, it will be #1 for a month at most. Then someone else will come out some other song and everyone will either hate or love it. Just sayin don't get worked up about it, it's a song.

January 24, 2011 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
  31. Canadian

I am still wondering whether she actually has a singing voice.

I would like to hear her try to sing without any music (acapella).

January 24, 2011 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
  32. silvia diaz

I love this song but Britney I love you more

January 23, 2011 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  33. patrick

You guys are idiots. Britney is retarted. All she wants is for people to talk about her. That's what she thrives on. Yes, she can sing, and yes, she can entertain but she just needs to stop being such a fame seeker. And just grow up! Gosh

January 23, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Missi Hoover

I think Mrs. Spears is like the rest of us in the world. She has been through alot. But with the help of friends and family has overcome all of it and let her talent speak for it's self. GONGRATS BRITNEY.

January 23, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  35. chris

#6 comment from the_dude....hella funny! Thanks, dude!

January 23, 2011 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Jam

Oh man has anyone of you even heard katy perry's music?if you think she is even in the same world of talent as brit your on drugs.

January 23, 2011 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Jul

Mark my words, this next album is going to blow people away. It's not everyone's thing, but if you are into beat-driven power-pop...it is going to be amazing. Look up some of the leaked tracks ("insane" etc..) and you'll see. They will be played in every club you can think of...and the readers on Grrlplanet.com have given the leaked tracks amazing reviews. She's got the best producer in the biz on this one....and if you're not a believer in Britney rising again, you will be.

January 23, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  38. onelife

this is shocking to me that she made it number one i've only heard part of this song once & it was just the other day; not knowing it was her i was commenting how horrible the song was & i changed it, not a qood sonq at all.

January 23, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Lu

Can someone tell me why people buy this creature's music?

January 23, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  40. peepsles

What, more garb@ge from this washed up over the hill trash??????

January 23, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Neil n Kansas

I Still Luv Britney Spears!! No matter what she has gone threw within her life!! I Love Britney!!

January 23, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Matt

I have nothing against brittnay, she does what she does. you can hate her for all the tabloid crap, but blaming her for the music is like blaming a waiter for the food, she has no controll, she just brings it to you. Her voice has always been just so so. like i said she does what she doesZ theres worse stuff on the radio. btw katie perry is a real talent , not counting i kissed a girl of course.

January 23, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  43. D

I agree with Joseo...and how did this conversation turn racist? I find it discusting that people argue white vs. black. Race was never even a discussion where I'm from, nobody is hung up on it. For a country that's suppose to be ahead of other countries, it's so shameful that race is even talked about regarding a person, instead of talking about a persons morals and values.

January 23, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  44. cynthia

Britney spears is a gd artist. it was jessica simpson that was in the dukes of hazz nt britney. britney was in the movie crossroads.

January 23, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cleveland Steamer

Pregnancy by "donor unknown" is right around the corner for you little girl.

January 23, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Joseo

Regardless of these posts, she clearly has fans who will buy her music. Individual tastes in music aside, if it sells, then it's good enough. Still: Whitney Houston went through Hell and she still sells. So white trash versus black trash is not proving anything. Her stuff sells and that speaks volumes. However if you feel that it is still a mystery, I would love to hear.

January 23, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  46. FYur Yankee Blue Jeans

If this no-talent, bloated, pasty white trailer park trash's staying power isn't a sign of the end of times, I don't know what is.

January 23, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Thafbeye

She's a white woman that can do NO WRONG and if a black woman had committed those acts that she did, America wouldn't be as forgiving.

January 23, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  48. 19esmiopa50

talent = MICHAEL JACKSON (singer, songwriter, dancer, choreographer, artist, humanitarian, video producer ... listen to the lyrics of his songs 40 years later and they are still great ... when everyone copies you then that makes you one of the great ones) – KING OF MUSCIC period....let's see if Ms. Brit has that type of staying power

January 23, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cleveland Steamer

"King of Music"? – More like "King of Crap". Perhaps even "King of Diddlers".

January 23, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  49. the guy that cries on u tube

You guys are just a bunch of big fat meanies. Leave Britney alone!!

January 23, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Marcowski

There is no way listeners all over the world have praised this song to make it to number one. This is an industry motive.

The lyrics are dull, but the backbeat sounds good. Hey, this song has been karaoke'd by Britney, did you fans know that? It's not a real song written by your pop princess.

January 23, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  51. Peter

A quick look at the grammar and punctuation of the comments here tell you something about the people who support Ms. Spears and those who do not.

January 23, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Cleveland Steamer

Personally, I don't begrudge her one damn dime, though she does owe her fame and fortune to morons and bimbos.

January 23, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  52. claudia castelli

Im so happy britney she is a beatiful girl and she is a wanderful signer and; a wanderful mother we love u and; god blees yuo forever<3 :)

January 23, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  53. Boring, so yesterday and yesterday is gone!

YAWNNNNNNNNNNNN

January 23, 2011 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  54. roland

In as much I have an ecstasy of Ms Brit, hearing her song Baby baby and I did it again had made me sinned.

January 23, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  55. jess

Im happy for her...kanye how does it feel.........

January 23, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  56. jess

Im happy for her...Kanye how does it feel.......

January 23, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  57. RICK

.....and she's laughing all the way to the bank

January 23, 2011 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  58. akasha

Nothing against her personally, but I just heard that "song" and it freaking sucks! She's very pretty and her production (?) team has done a good job marketing her (hence the success), but I don't believe she can sing anymore. I haven't heard her actual voice in years-just some autotune, computerized, gimmicky imitation. I remember watching her on "Good Morning America" a few years ago trying to sing one of her songs live, and it was TERRIBLE w/out the autotune/computer assist! I'm glad she is doing good, but I got to wonder where the American public left their musical taste at. For the record, people were making fun of the song on the radio down here. I change the station when I hear it!

January 23, 2011 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  59. Dustin

12 years in and she's still breaking records! Amazing.

January 23, 2011 at 4:57 am | Report abuse |
  60. Mills

It's so sad that so many people have so little sense of individuality and are so easily swayed to agree with all the media's sensationalism. Britney is talented. Take a look at how and when she started. A real child talent with a powerful voice. Most of her mistakes were a result of bad parenting. Her mother had frustrated dreams of fame and fortune and used her daughters to try to live her dream through them. Brit finally caved in due to all the pressure. Not to mention that poor excuse of a man who lacked any talent, namely KFer, who used her to attain fame and money and then trampled all over her. That poor child should have fallen apart sooner. I'm still disgusted with how people allow themselves to be influenced by tabloid stories and garbage news instead of using their minds to form an educated and well informed opinion based on obvious facts. People like that have no heart and no real insight. Their opinions are as worthless as their nasty, cruel, empty unsubstantiated comments. Dare to research! Dare to use psychology, and study human behavior. All haters are ignorant, uneducated people in one or more areas of live. I'm 42, mother of three and new grandmother of one. When Britney began her pop career I could predict her mother would greatly contribute to that child's many failures, mistakes and heartaches. My heart went out to her and when she finally lost it, all I wanted to do was find her, hold her tight and rescue her. The media made a mockery out of her pain, suffering and misfortune. And so did all the idiots that still to this day have ugly things and judgement to cast at her. Bunch of heartless, empty headed people. Get a heart, some insight, and a life! Haters!!!

January 23, 2011 at 4:00 am | Report abuse |
  61. 1111Angel

Brit has no talent, but her agent, producers, and songwriters do. Oh let's not forget her back-up singers and dancers. She can wiggle her hips and she's pretty (in some people's eyes), but she has no real talent other than that. Now if she goes on stage and actually "sings" her songs, then I might change my mind about her. I don't waste my money on buying music or concert tickets for fake music. Remember Milli Vanilli? Its not just Brit that fakes this crap. Many of these so-called Pop musicians do it too. WWE wrestling is another example of fake talent. Such a waste. Listen to real music folks! Go see a Metallica or Godsmack concert. You will be blown away. I'm sure there are other genres of music where the artist actually sings live. Let me know, I'd be happy to hear it. I'm up for all kinds of music. Metal is just my favorite.

January 23, 2011 at 3:39 am | Report abuse |
  62. aundraym

That new song is straight up garbage!

January 23, 2011 at 2:50 am | Report abuse |
  63. stormy

Britney has joint custody of her two boys with her ex-husband and hair grows back and she is a world famous pop star. So now what else do you want to gripe about people? I'm sure you will think of something you brainless wonders.

January 23, 2011 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  64. whittney

Way to go Brit!! U r amazing and has always been my fav...get it straight when u r talking trash about Britney u dont even know what u r talking about..she was never in dukes of hazz stop talking sh** if u have no clue what the hell u r talking about!

January 23, 2011 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Cleveland Steamer

Is it really that hard to correctly spell "you" and "are"? Is it? Are you really that f*****g stupid?

January 24, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  65. tanya

@Kevin – Dude, Britney wouldn't want your trashy self. Go play with your farm animals. As for the rest of you armchair critics, sittin' back in your single wide trailers sippin' on your kool-aid, get it through your thick, ignorant skulls. Your opinions don't matter to Britney so go put that in your pipe and smoke it!

January 23, 2011 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
  66. 1111Angel

I heard she lip-syncs in concert. That's cheating the fans. It shows that the person has no real talent. Real talent is Jason Newsted and Papa Wheelie. Or good ol' Metallica!

January 23, 2011 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |
  67. melissa

I hate that there is dub step in this song, what the hell was rusko thinking when he produced this album....oh right, dollah dollah bills yall! Sold out

January 23, 2011 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  68. conte'

Ppl <3 britney, itunes jus showed how many ppl actually do =)

January 23, 2011 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  69. Name*brandy

Good for brit. She has had rough time and deserves to know people are still there to support her. You go girl.

January 23, 2011 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
  70. Sarah in Texas

It amazes me that she is still relevant. The woman does not even have a good voice. It is sad how many "singers" have music careers when they cannot even sing.

January 23, 2011 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
  71. dreaddawgs

@Kevin H. dude go hit on your donkey @ STFU!!!!!

January 22, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  72. KBC#32

Britney Hot she will Go a long way 1 Love

January 22, 2011 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Andrew

Britney Spears is no talent trash

January 22, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  74. MORICAN

First, she doesn't have custody of her kids. Second, she loses her mind and hair. Third, her recent songs suck......GO RIHANNA.......

January 22, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  75. T

Brittney Spears only puts out pole dancing music now, no talent at all.

January 22, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  76. alfonds

Those of you that say Britney can sing do not know anything about music.She sings pure trash.

January 22, 2011 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Cleveland Steamer

A no-talent receptacle of a woman, tailor made for a nation of vacuous idiots and white trash.

January 22, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Cathy juarez

Just leave her be, no one is perfact. Talk talk, are you perfact?'

January 22, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Dread

The only talent is the photographer that took these pictures. She can only talk through autotune singing boring, cliche'd and formulaic songs that the musically suspect sheeple eat up. There's so much real talent out there that deserve a break before this mickey mouse club drop out.

January 22, 2011 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  80. kevin h

she's has zero talent other than self promotion. her voice is like a cartoon character piped thru an electronic box, her dance moves reek of earlypaula abdul, and the few songs she did write are vapid trash. i'd still hit it though...

January 22, 2011 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  81. sassie

What is the deal with people complaining about grammar/spelling errors on these blogs? Does a person have to ace English 101 to blog? Find something important to beotch about! As far as Britney goes, the lady deserves her fame and fortune. She managed to bring herself back from a sad and dark place that most people are not able to do. She is a talented artist and has proven it by being back on top.....AGAIN. Britney is a survivor.

January 22, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  82. tracy

id hit it and definatly quit it !!!!

January 22, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Kathy

Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus are bad role models for young impressionable girls. Parents should draw the line on what music their children listen to. Parents are largely to blame because of
    lackluster parenting skills. They are more concerned with working and paying the bills. Their kids run wild in malls and other places. Stores should prohibit teenagers and pre-teenagers from being in them without a parent or a responsible adult with them. Young people are awful today bc their role models are Britney, Miley, Justin, eninem(sp?), and other rock and roll and rap singers. The adults need to take control
    back from the hands of these young people. The adults need to stop worshiping kids and believing they can do no wrong because they are their kids. Bull! Put your foot down hard! Make them toe the lines! There are too many lazy young people who won't work or study hard. They think everything is supposed to be handed to them. No way, Jose! You are going to work for what you want.

January 22, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Sandra

I'm happy for Britney. She's a great successful singer who has overcame odds! She's also very beautiful in person... I will never forget!

January 22, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Superhiro

What a stupid formula. Neither of those two points are relevant.

January 22, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  86. TT

I am glad she is back. BUT this song sucks. She has done better with the previous album.Sorry.

January 22, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  87. juicyfruit62

Way 2 go brittney i love all ur music keep putting it out there ur so awsome

January 22, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  88. The Rules

Oh, there is a third component, physical sales...

January 22, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  89. The Rules

The Hot 100 chart has two simple rules when calculating the charts:

1. Downloads: which "Hold it Against Me" clearly beat every other song in the last chart week. (Driven by listeners)
    2. Airplay: "Hold it Against Me" was played an awful lot in its first chart week, and is already in heavy rotation at CHR and Top 40 stations. (Driven by music directors and station managers)

Since Britney's songs meet the criteria set up by Billboard and she was at the top or near the top of either category, the formula that Billboard uses to calculate the charts deemed "Hold it Against Me" #1 for the chart week. The chart is not based on the opinion of those who compute it...it is ultimately up to listeners who download and station managers (or music directors) to determine the popularity of the songs that are available to them. (Conclusion: Britney earned the top spot).

The only objection that I have to Billboard's formula is that songs that get downloads only or airplay only are included in the chart. If the methodology were changed to mandate that songs get numbers in each category to qualify, this would eliminate any shot that the Glee Cast has to pass Elvis Presley for all time Hot 100 songs. But that's a different argument altogether.

January 22, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  90. chrismsandvig

I hope her plane has a gas leak into a electrical circuit...

January 22, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  91. jeff

I couldnt care less about her music but she is sooo damn hot!!

January 22, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Name*Don

I am so Happy that Ms Spear has prevailed from all the b.....I.t her of past!

January 22, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Mcluv

Mariah Carey needs to be back at no.1. She actually can sing and writes her own songs. Good music has gone down the drain these days.

January 22, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  94. rich1984

Not surprised she always sold records despite being an awful singer and making worse music.

January 22, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  95. oh please

*difference.

January 22, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  96. vanessa gooden

I think britney spears rocks and so does her new song so all that r hating on her new song kiss both mine and britneys ass cause she is coming back to the top and nobody can stop her.

January 22, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Capt Jack

Anyone else smell another meltdown on the way? I'll bring the popcorn!

January 22, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  98. oh please

For the love of the English language people, please learn the differnce between "your" (a possessive term) and "you're" (you + are). It's not difficult and you sound like morons coming on here criticizing others when you yourself can't even retain this basic elementary grammar. Oh and calling Brit "classic rock" is and insult to rock.

January 22, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Kate

If she didn't have talent she wouldn't be successful with another #1 debut. Whether you like her or not, she's laughing all the way to the bank.

January 22, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Ronnie

her instrument of choice is the skin flute.

January 22, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  101. cinna

1) Who cares if she does or doesn't play an instument(s) u don't have to do tht 2 have talent else where 2) who cares if she's bi-polar...do u ppl honestly believe that cuz ur bipolar that you can't have a 'normal' life and still do as u want and have acheivements? For a peron w/ bipolar to succede, you have to control it & not let it control you (w/ meds and/or therapy usually) and you'll be great at whatever comes your way. You'd be amazed @ how many ppl have related issues...u see many everyday walkn the streets & don't even know it cuz they are/can be everyday life. So, thus being said, don't slam her or anyother person, famous or not, for wheither or not they have more than 1 talent or have bipolar or related issues.

Also, I'm not saying this to offend anyone, I'm just saying it, my opinion/experience.

January 22, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  102. stace

Sorry after 2001 she became trash to me. Sorry Brit!! It is hard to believe # 1

January 22, 2011 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  103. fryi

She has zero talent and only appeals to the 14 and under crowd

January 22, 2011 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  104. The TRUTH

If you put one of my farts through all the production equipment Brittany uses, it would debut at #1.

January 22, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  105. Roo

Number One is relative...so long as number two has fewer sales...you could hit #1 with 5000 sales as long as #2 has 4500...

Compare top of the charts this year with bottom of the charts ten years ago...it's crazy!

January 22, 2011 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  106. ndiezel

Never has The Truth been told more accurately.

January 22, 2011 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  107. The TRUTH

Brittany is a burned-out chain-smoking lard-ass with marginal talent and no education.

January 22, 2011 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  108. awe

I'm not a Britney fan but I don't hold anything against her. My main problem with this song is that the production is extremely gimmicky, especially when the dubstep part comes in. It just seems like a feeble attempt at staying relevent by incorporating "new" styles of music. I myself am a fan of dubstep, and although I would prefer for it to stay more underground, I hope that when it does surface occasionally in the pop scene that it be done well.

January 22, 2011 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  109. tan

Don't hate! Something is wrong with you people. Get a life. If you don't like it don't listen to it.

January 22, 2011 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  110. sue

Well at least her drama is over. Now she normal. Let see how long her hit stays on the charts.

January 22, 2011 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  111. jenny

i'll have you know @Frisky that she has bundles of talent! she is an amazing dancer and performer, shes a great songwriter (yes she has written lots of her songs thank you very much, if you did the research youd know, get your facts right) she also plays the piano!!!!!!! she evenplays a little guitar andddddd she has a wonderful and unique voice!!! dont believe me she plays the piano, youtube it!!!! grr people under-rate her serious amounts on her talent! such a shame <3

January 22, 2011 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
  112. Harlem girl

Considering im no fan of anybody from disney Britney is an exception.. All the haterz need to fall back when it comes to Britney.. She is tremdous talent and entertainer.. Her songs are awesome i dont know what planet other ppl are from,but im from earth and Brit is HOTTTTTT.. She is getting her life in order and handling her buzinessss. And by the way for all you haterz Christina Aguillar has a great voice and her album still sucked and went nowhere so their goes your stance about talent makes a hit.. It dosent really matter about the talent thats part of it ,its the star appeal that keeps ppl on top and Britney has proven to have staying power.. Her albums all 10 have grossed over the hundred million mark not even Christina has that only Beyonce and she really cant sing either.. So back up HATERZ on Britney her true fans have her back always go kick rocks and sniff your own butt. GOSH I HATE PPL WHO HATE ON OTHERS SOOOOOO UGLY LOOKING ON YOU GUYS...

January 22, 2011 at 7:08 am | Report abuse |
  113. DOM

Its a dope song..since its brit its kinda a girly song but the beat is bangin!Being the number one song shows that electro is taking over!! Everyonee is dropping electro/house tracks now. J-Lo also has an uptempo/electrol song out too with Pitbull!! Its hot!

January 22, 2011 at 7:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Tom

Thats the whole point...Eveyone is dropping the same kind of music....WHERE"S THE ORIGINALITY??? All it is is canned assembly line music and every artist out there get's in line to get their little piece of the "quick hit" pie. All artists do these days is find the hot producers of the moment and try and continue to follow and maintain current music trends instead of putting in some effort and try to pioneer new music trends...

January 22, 2011 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Noriega

I used to dance to electro 5 years ago, in music scene age, electro is OLD.

January 23, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  114. DOM

Its a dope song..since its brit its kinda a girly song but the beat is bangin!Being the number one song shows that electro is taking over!! Everyonee is dropping electro/house tracjs now. J-Lo also has an uptempo/electrol song out too with Pitbull!! Its hot!

January 22, 2011 at 7:08 am | Report abuse |
  115. Cantturnahoeintoahousewife

Brittany Spears is hot...

January 22, 2011 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
  116. Tison

Rumor has it the album is better than blackout! Can't wait and congrats Britney!

January 22, 2011 at 6:32 am | Report abuse |
  117. chieflaughingwagon

speaking heavily branded crapola....who wants some miley cyrus shoelaces...lunchboxes...hats..t shirts...pillows...makeup...cereal from wal mart? hurry up and go buy some useless b.s. america. they think were all suckers. and if there were no demand...there would b no supply....its sad

January 22, 2011 at 6:31 am | Report abuse |
  118. chieflaughingwagon

Britney spears...new kids on the block...and countless other "artists" are just a product. the record execs spend a lot of time and money shoving them down your throat in hopes that youll buy their heavily branded crapola. just watch mtv or nickelodeon sometimes and see how many commercials there are....mtv is just one long commercial...those "videos" are just more advertisements.

January 22, 2011 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
  119. hilariousRumsfeldgagaland

Another great job by the production teams..who needs music when team sports are a guaranteed bet.? The human soul is only the focus group creation of the sports teams...measured by download undergrounds of imaginary state security thrill secrets. A gaga..a brittony.. A boatload of clones might be government funded if needed. So oddly the internet 1999 revolution gave birth to that which it opposed. Great job Brittony and many more.

January 22, 2011 at 5:00 am | Report abuse |
  120. mike

The crazy ones always those freak nasty ones though. Holla at your boy brit. Ill make you sing better than you ever have

January 22, 2011 at 4:34 am | Report abuse |
  121. Andrew

To the author:
    There's no 's' at the end of 'Firework' by Katy Perry. It's called 'Firework' not 'Fireworks'.

Don't worry though, I won't hold it against you. ;-)

January 22, 2011 at 3:28 am | Report abuse |
  122. john

Britney cant sing we all know she cant act ether i remember her doing dukes of hazz. And she suck so bad it was sad . And what get me about her she is so stuck on her self its pufectic.

January 22, 2011 at 3:23 am | Report abuse |
  123. John

Put this "artist" in a room by herself for a year with all the instruments...recording gear and anything else she wants. She would come out with NOTHING. She can't write....can't sing. Music is about creation from the human spirit. Britney is a puppet that was engineered to take advantage of an emotionally bankrupt public. I pity Britney and all the pathetic sheep that buy into the fallacy that is her career.

January 22, 2011 at 2:08 am | Report abuse |
  124. milly

i love brit. But this song was bit off an old band. I heared both songs and they sooo bit off them. I cannot rember their name. Shame on brit for not giving props to this band!

January 22, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  125. Kagame L.

Love her but overrated

January 22, 2011 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  126. Susan

I've been holding it against her since I heard it...It's a old song rewrite, new beat, voice electronics, she steps into the booth and the majic begins through technology not her talent that is for sure. This isn't a come back she has never gone away as the masses would like her too.

January 22, 2011 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  127. Russell Withrow

It looks like Britney is getting her life together, no arguement she has tallent and has a great voice. I hoe she keeps it together. I am an old man that thinks she has awesome tallent.

January 21, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Billy Gibbons

I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE BRITNEY A PEARL NECKLACE.

January 21, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  129. MeIAm

I don't know, but that phrase that 'such annd such's album drops next week' always has bothered me. It drops?! And who is doing the dropping? Does it drop from the sky? I hope it drops in the garbage.

January 21, 2011 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Tom

yeah it made #1, but it's a disposable #1. The music industry these days is all about pumping out the quick hits to make the quick buck instead of trying to really create great classic songs that will live on in future generations. Its also produced by Max martin who is the king of short lived disposable #1 hits. I miss the days when a #1 song really meant it was a great song...Those days are long gone...

January 21, 2011 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  131. jose

She is the queen!!

January 21, 2011 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Odalice Yolanda Feliz

yeah, I'm so happy is # 1.... It's not all about Gothic and hate and gangster rap.....

January 21, 2011 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Curtis

It's a great dance song and Brit sounds great! Viva la Britney!

January 21, 2011 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Baa baaa baaa

anon you weren't thaa aaa t gooo oood

January 21, 2011 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  135. bostongye

Britney Spears is a hack. I used to think Madonna was bad, but compared to Spears and her contemporaries, I consider her classic rock now. Nothing that comes out of her could possibly be considered good. We need a female singer like Grace Slick was back in the 60s, fronting a band or something. Our musical culture is sinking below rock bottom.

January 21, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • bostongye

Just to clarify I meant anything out of Britney Spears COULDNT possibly be considered good.

January 21, 2011 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • victoria

we have her. her name is lady gaga. she is smarter and more talented than she seems to be on the surface. check out any of her acoustic stuff on youtube.

January 24, 2011 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  136. anon

Mozart was a hack because he didn't build his piano! Al pacino is a terrible actor because he didn't improvise all of his lines! And all presidents are terrible speakers because they didn't write all of their speeches! Nobody is a sheep, your just a bitter moron.

January 21, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  137. joe jockamo

Amazing how everyone thinks all artists sit around and write their own song. Man how the masses can be so easily duped like sheep. Baaaa!

January 21, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  138. patti

People are just jealous that she is beautiful!

January 21, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  139. C Morrison

Congratulations, Britney, on your accomplishments!

January 21, 2011 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  140. anon

I'd like to know how someone can claim a chart topping artist has "no talent whatsoever". I guess everyone with an opinion speaks in hyperbole these days... People are probably mad this music is popular while nobody else wants to listen to the s#*@ music they themselves listen to..

January 21, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frisky

She doesn't write songs, her voice is totally overproduced and auto tuned, she doesn't play any instrument. She has no talent. The people who wrote the song, produce her sound, play the instruments and choreograph her dancing, THEY have talent.

January 21, 2011 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • viso

Hahahahahaha yea right! U have no clue what you're missing dummy

January 22, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • confused

so FRISKY, I'm a bit confused about this one thing: do you like the sound of the music that's getting produced by her team or not?

January 22, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  141. The Bieber

Yucky she's a girl

January 21, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Carl

Pretty face needs icing.

January 21, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Carl

I'd hit it

January 21, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  144. The Bieber

I wish was her .. Oh wait I'm a girl!! I am half way there!!

January 21, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  145. EvilEmperor

Yess gooooddd.... I love how americans are now setting the bar at "hey she's not messed up anymore" lol I'm moving out of this country asap.

January 21, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Tinkerbellrae

I really dont like the song but as some one that is bipolar i am happy to see her back on top

January 21, 2011 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  147. kate in portland

I love a good comeback story.

January 21, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  148. x1670

Way to go Brit, and congrtats for not letting bi-polar stop you.

January 21, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  149. presley

I really love Britney, have been a fan since the beginning. What an awesome song too! I am a little disappointing that it is such an appalling rip off of the bellamy brothers' hit, But i feel that the new dance/ club spin is deliciously catchy.

January 21, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • JBK

I saw a report the other day that the hook of the Bellamy Bros. tune is actually a very old quip by Groucho Marx.....

January 22, 2011 at 4:12 am | Report abuse |
  150. Jazzy

Glad she's back on track.

January 21, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  151. polyp

Once again, the American public shows it's appalling lack of taste. On the hand, good for her. Fleece those rubes, Brit.

January 21, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  152. Corn in my

I'd plop one on her...

January 21, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Angie

I think its time to cut the nonsense about britney at least she leading a normal life.so what shes made many mistakes who hasent no one has the right to judge her.like the bible says he who has no sin cast the first stone

January 21, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  154. chubby

Ill hold it against her

January 21, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  155. kayleigh

I love her music!!!

January 21, 2011 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Mabus2012

SUCK IT!

January 21, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  157. the_dude

Ok Brittney may not have the smarts to ride on the short, yellow bus but at least she is a real woman unlike that lady gaga dude who has to tuck his sack back and wear things to hide his adams apple.

January 21, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • whatever

Have you ever seen Lady Gaga perform? SHE is a very talented artist, take away the stage getup, she's still a great piano player.

January 22, 2011 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
    • michele ray

Hi, frailty I am fine and she is alive?

January 22, 2011 at 1:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Eric

What a awful thing to say about a woman, you sir are a sad excuse for a human being.

January 23, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  158. russell spadaccini

You go Brit!!! Congrats from BocaRaton.com. You need to do a concert here in Boca.

January 21, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Julie

I'm a Britney fan! It's the #3 song I take issue with....Fireworks by the no talent whatsoever Katy Perry...dear gawd!

January 21, 2011 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ummm..

How can you possibly say no talent? She actually sings live and really well. I even think she helps write a lot of her songs. I'm a fan of both and I've loved Britney from the beginning.

January 22, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

I've never been much of a Brittney fan, but I've heard far worse. But I will take acception to the Katy Perry remark. She has a remarkable voice. Don't put her down just because she is a Pop Princess...

January 23, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Burnt Fur

At least Britney didn't get her start by pandering to bigotry with lyrics like Perry did. All pop stars get writing credits these days, just for coming up with a lyric or two (or not even that).

January 24, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  160. rachel

I'm in, 3 and Hold It Against Me are awesome songs. Britney isn't perfect but she has talent!!

January 21, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Huh?

Britney having talent? Are you high? Must be, because within the music industry this day and age, you have to be high in order to enjoy the garbage that's being played on the radio. With so much technology, ANYONE can sound great! There is so much lack of originality AND talent, it's sad. Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, Rhianna, ugh the list goes on and on.

January 24, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Dcforlife

At least she is acting normal though......

January 21, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  162. sar

I used to be a britney spears fan, don't judge me! but the junk she puts out now is awful, its really sad how such a bad song can be number 1, people do not know real music anymore!

January 21, 2011 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |