Kelly Clarkson begs Gwyneth Paltrow to make an album
January 20th, 2011

Kelly Clarkson begs Gwyneth Paltrow to make an album

Gwyneth Paltrow just might have her biggest fan in Kelly Clarkson.

The "American Idol" champ is so impressed with the "Country Strong" star's vocals that she's urging her to head into the recording studio.

"Gwyneth Paltrow please make an album," Clarkson, 28, tweeted yesterday. "You have such an honest and captivating voice!"

Paltrow certainly seems game. In an interview with Y! music earlier this month, the 38-year-old Oscar winner says she's always ready for another tune up.

“I think there definitely will be singing in my future. I know that I won’t stop singing and playing guitar," says Paltrow, who is married to Coldplay frontman Chris Martin.

"It may just be to my kids in the house. I may make a record. I may do a musical," she went on. "I’m not sure, but I’m just very grateful I’m in a place now where I’ve been given an opportunity to discover this whole new side to myself. And I'm just having a ball.”

Meanwhile, Clarkson also appears to be a fan of the new season of "American Idol."

"Okay American Idol I spent more time crying than laughing and that's not supposed to happen ....goodness, seriously still crying from the last audition," she tweeted last night.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Music • television

1. Barb

I am happy that Kellly, who is herself a fabulous singer, can appreciate Gwyneth Paltrow's singing ability. When I saw Gwyneth in "Duets," I was so impressed. I will definitely buy Gwyneth's album if she decides to record one. I would love to see the album include songs with Kelly and Vince Gill, my all-time favorite county maie artist.

February 1, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  2. night-born princess

can anybody tell me what a hollaback girl is?

January 21, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  3. boy

Deped News

January 21, 2011 at 4:40 am | Report abuse |
  4. Joanna D. Mathis

Definitely Kelly Clarkson is a very good performer. I like the way she performs. Actually, I do love the lyrics of her songs. I eventually watch and listen to her on the radio over and over again. Thanks for the post. Keep on sharing such astonishing article. More power.

modern wine rack

January 21, 2011 at 4:36 am | Report abuse |
  5. Redwood City

Whatever her weight.....Kelly Clarkson PLEASE make another album!! I can't stomach super-sickeningly sweet
    Carrie Underwood or any of the other so-called Idols.

January 20, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  6. hm

She's gained some weight there, judging by the photo. Not like it matters, but just had to point that out.

January 20, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • JW

It clearly matters to YOU; otherwise, you wouldn't have bothered to rush to post. Just wish we could all be as perfect as you apparently are. And who are you?

January 20, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evel Kneivel

She's freaking HUGE now. You notice that pic only shows her from the chest up. She looks like Gilbert Gr@pe's mom now.

January 20, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jess4Kicks

If it doesn't matter then why do you feel a need to point it out? Kelly is a beautiful woman and she is physically active and works to maintain a healthy lifestyle and it really irritates me that people feel the need to point it out when she gains weight. Kelly is such an amazing role model to girls and young women and she embraces her body. So can't we please support her in her effort to help girls and young women embrace their bodies and gain self-esteem that many young girls lack due to media and the criticism of other women?

February 3, 2011 at 1:57 am | Report abuse |