Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr debut son Flynn
January 19th, 2011

Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr debut son Flynn

"Pirates of the Caribbean" star Orlando Bloom has got himself a real-life treasure: newborn son Flynn, who arrived earlier this month.

"On the 6th of January I gave birth to our beautiful little son Flynn," Bloom's supermodel wife, Miranda Kerr, writes on her Kora organics website.

"He weighed 9lb 12 ounces (a very healthy and big baby boy). I gave birth to him naturally; without any pain medication and it was a long, arduous and difficult labour[.] But Orlando was with me the whole time supporting and guiding me through it. I could not have done it without him.”

Bloom, 33, and Kerr, 27, have been dating since 2007 and married in a hush-hush July 2010 ceremony. In 2008, Kerr spoke about her desire to become a mother.

"My ideal situation would be to live on a farm in a solar-powered house with a hammock and a vegetable patch," she said. "When this is all over, that's where I'll be. I've always wanted kids, so someday, eventually, yes, it will happen."

That day is here and the couple couldn't be more thrilled.

"We are so happy and are enjoying our time together as a family," writes Kerr. "He is our little ray of sunshine."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • movies

1. Dinheiro Grátis Poker Online

Post interessante neste espaço, textos assim realção a quem quer que reflectir aqui :/
    Entrega muito mais do teu sítio, a todos os teus cybernautas.

February 19, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  2. HURRAY

OH be still my heart. Im so glad we finally get a glimpse of the little RAT BASTURD.

February 3, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  3. THE SHIZNIT

9 pounds with pain no meds needed?? Sounds like homie's girl got a loosey down there.

January 19, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • afb

I think she CHOSE not to have meds. She said it was a difficult birth, but she opted to not take meds. Doesn't mean she's "loosey". Insane, maybe, but not necessarily "loosey"...

January 19, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Lori

I am happy for the couple and all, but have they said the baby's first and last name together yet? Flynn Bloom? Sounds kind of odd. Oh well... anything is better than Jayden or Lola.

January 19, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  5. thick nik

Lol, Flynn weighs more than his Dad! Lol! Ur gonna have to have strength Orlando, time to eat! Lol!

January 19, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Get A Life

EVERY POST BEFORE AND AFTER THIS IS FROM LOSERS THAT HAVE NO LIVES.
    YOU'RE ALL PATHETIC.

January 19, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  7. MrsFizzy

Congratulations! (And is anyone else surprised that a celebrity couple gave birth 100% naturally this time for a change?)

January 19, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Bridget Pitney

They had a hush-hush wedding in July, then had a "premature" baby 5 months later. Wow, I wonder why they rushed to get married?

January 19, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

Um, where do you get the impression anyone is trying to pass him off as "premature"?? As if they could at 9+lbs! Really, this is 2011...

January 19, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cree

If you knew anything you would know that they were happy long before pregnancy so what difference does it make if they rushed to get married because of the baby? Get a grip. This ain't the 1800s. and I agree with MrsFizzy no one said 'premature'.

January 19, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  9. banasy

First of all, congrats to the new parents!

Second, did they name the baby Flynn because of Errol Flynn, or did they just like the name? Although the double entedré is cute!
    Thirdly, I've had three kids with no anesthesia of any sort. It's no biggie; women do it all the time!

January 19, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  10. patti

I was not put asleep and did it naturally too. She had a large head.

January 19, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  11. patti

My child was 8 pounds. 11 ozs., a girl and a long... First child and they say that the second is usually bigger! Long labor.

January 19, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Dt

Wow I am proud of her! I had a 7lb baby naturally and that's no joke! Doctors try to force inductions and c-sections when they hear your baby is over 9lbs and she totally did it! Not to mention she can't weigh more than 100lbs herself! Go Miranda! Praise God!

January 19, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Michael

That's quite impressive to have birthed naturally without anesthesia; very few mothers these days possess the bravery to even attempt that, much less the strength (and good fortune) to succeed. Especially over 9 pounds! Congratulations!

January 19, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kris

To birth a 9 lb baby without drugs is AMAZING!! Some mothers are not able to have 9lb babies naturally. She is obviously built to have babies!!

January 19, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Offof20

Congrat's to the family. I couldn't imagine giving birth to a nine pound baby & it be a natural birth. Great job! Wishing your family much joy. :o)

January 19, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Luna

Not sure why my comment posted as a reply to Red Carpet as I think his/her post is beyond repugnant.

January 19, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  16. michaelwackson

I'm a post op transgender and I love Orlando too, but not as much as Ricky Martin. He's gay...just like me.

January 19, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Meh

give her a set of dark glasses and she looks like she's going to a funeral. Id leave some baby batter in that oven too.

January 19, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Victor

Considering they named the kid after an action movie legend (remember Errol everyone?) I'm sure the kid will have a very interesting future.

Congratulations to the happy parents. May your family live long and prosper (yes I know it's a corny trekkie thing to say but I like the message it conveys).

January 19, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Red carpet downthere

He's a HOM%

January 19, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Luna

How refreshing, a celebrity couple who were quiet about their marriage and the birth of their child, or perhaps just not hounded by the paparrazzi every time they went out.

@Victor – corny or not, your message is perfect. When I saw the name I immediately thought of Errol Flynn, another movie swashbuckler.

January 19, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Kacy

She just wanted to say it...mike. Besides its too late to boost now. He's in love =) Mon one day i might be able to met him and his family! That would be cool.

January 19, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  21. Mike

Why do u need to say "I met him" Ego boost?????

January 19, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  22. Seriously

Wow! I thought he was gay! Good on ya mate!

January 19, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  23. cynthia

I am very happy for the both of them!

January 19, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  24. heather

Awww, I'm so happy for them! I think Orlando will be a great father, and hopefully Flynn will look just like his daddy.

January 19, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  25. mon

Congrats to the parents! I've met him and he's a sweetheart. I'm sure that kid hit the genetic lottery

January 19, 2011 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |