How Kristen Stewart plans to spend her 'Twilight' money
January 19th, 2011

How Kristen Stewart plans to spend her 'Twilight' money

Being Bella isn't easy — or so says "Twilight" star Kristen Stewart in the February issue of Vogue.

Though she has played Stephenie Meyer's fictional heroine since 2008, Stewart feels additional pressure to do the character justice now that the two-part "Breaking Dawn" finale is bringing the saga to a close.

Read the full interview with Kristen Stewart in Vogue

“[She is] a character who is embedded in so many people’s psyches at this point," Stewart, 20, says of Bella. "It’s starting to enter my head a lot more than it used to because it’s at the end and it’s come such a long way. I just want the fans of the book to be happy. I don’t necessarily care about anyone else.”

While the "Twilight" films have brought her worldwide fame, Stewart admits that she misses her anonymity. “There’s no way to eloquently put this. I just can’t go to the mall," she says. "It bothers me that I can’t be outside very often. And also to not ever be just ‘some girl’ again. Just being some chick at some place, that’s gone.”

Photos: Kristen Stewart's best red carpet moments

But then again, the films have earned her a pretty penny. “It’s funny when you are endowed not only with public recognition on a [expletive] seriously vast level, but also money,” she told Vogue. “Like, funds.”

Stewart plans to put the money to good use by opening halfway houses to help those in the sex trade get their lives together.

"That would be amazing," says Stewart, who came up with the idea while researching a role. "Right now it's the thing I feel most connected to."

Parts one and two of "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn" will arrive in theaters in November 2011 and 2012, respectively.

1. joseph

Maybe she can buy acting lessons. Or a place holder shelf for her future RAZZIE Awards.

February 4, 2011 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  2. ron

She looks borderline anorexic to me......just sayin'

January 31, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Donna

Some of her movies you do see very similar faces and expressions. But when I saw Cake Eaters and Speak I was blown away by her performances. I first really noticed her in Twilight but now I watch everything she does. And I'm 51 and not expecting to get Robert, even though I think he's great too.

January 27, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Katie

It sounds like Kristen Stewart is experiencing some buyer's remorse. You can't take a role in a thing like Twilight and not know that the fans will go crazy for it. Then again maybe she expected the fans to be sane... Twilight fans are some of the most ridiculous, immature, deluded people on the planet. Half of them act as though Bella is a real person. She's FICTIONAL. NOT REAL. Kristen Stewart ISN'T BELLA SWAN, she's Kristen Stewart. No wonder she never smiles when she's constantly getting attacked by people screaming "Bella!" and insisting that she take them to Forks to become vampires themselves.

Ridiculous. These books warp people's heads. They're awful and anyone that thinks otherwise hasn't got a shred of intelligence about them.

January 27, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Pippy

Why is it when posters have negative opinions that Pattinson fans then get blamed for it? People can have opinions of their own free will and have nothing to do with anyone else, no matter how misguided those opinions may be, but no need to hate on any of her costars for it. Seems to be the easy fall back position, maybe there should be some internal scrutiny as to how she comes across instead. I don't think she seems ungrateful or like she is always whining or frowning, but if a lot of people out there do, may be time to stick a fork in the victim mode. She seems too talented and attractive for that anyway so loosen up and be happy.

January 22, 2011 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  6. Mario

Let see if in 20 years when he is fat and ugly this fans will be crazy for him, and for Kristen she got a better chance than him to make it in Hollywood remember he is in that place because Kristen help him and Summit, but let see in 5 years what happen.

January 21, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Caroline

Bravo Kristen! I hope you follow through with your interest in this work. I see Robert Pattinson's fans have found this article. That Twi fandom should be a study at nuthouses. Never have I seen so much hate against a young lady because she's apparently dating the guy they covet. Kristen,no man is worth all the sh!t you get for daring to date him. Take it from someone older and wiser.

January 21, 2011 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  8. Jullian

GET A LIFE PEOPLE Robert WILL NEVER BE WITH YOU.

January 21, 2011 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  9. remnant888

lousy actress who has no emotion.
    And AS TO THE vampires ..
    THEY are undead with no souls..therefore the DAMNED!
    SICK MOVIES

January 20, 2011 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  10. Redcarpet Downstairs

Always looks like she bit into a sh!t sandwich

January 20, 2011 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  11. feets

i thought she was a boy in panic room until they said she was a girl. surely no one can commend her for her performance in this movie. my cat acts better.

January 19, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Diana

Well this is funny here is a 20 year old kid who is working hard, doesn't get in trouble like some stars and is very private and yet got hate from people who doesn't even know her because she work with Robert or simple because they want her life is sad but I guest she won't care after all she got the million so well done.

January 19, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Jen

Kristen Stewart has proven herself to be a multi talented actress. I don't think it's fair to judge her by a few pictures. Also, those that love the movies but have not read the books, they are great! You are in for a real treat. I'm in my late 30's and enjoyed the books as well as the movies.

January 19, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Limes

Lol a few pictures? The internet is full of her and her self pitying pouty miserable mug

January 19, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  14. neoanakinpotter

Where to spend her twilight cash?....Acting classes would be a good start.

January 19, 2011 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  15. marcia

i am so sick of the bashing of this young woman by some with an agenda,it is always the same thing she's not smiling, leave the girl alone,also there are many photos of her smiling all over. compare the cake eaters,the runaways,wellcome to the rileys and even twilight and tell me they are the same performances, some of you are on believable.

January 19, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Joe S. Momma

This chick is dumber than a bag of ball bearings.

January 19, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  17. mr.honey

Oh look, she isn't smiling again. She is the most depressing girl to look at. I've never sees her smile. Granted I don't go look her up, but she has been on the cover of too many magazines to count, and on not one of them she is smiling. Maybe she finally realized that she was cast as a character who is supposed to be plain to make it easier for girls to identify with.

January 19, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  18. portalpunk

I know how she spent some of her 'twighlight money' this weekend, on COKE, she's a total cokehead and everyone in hollywood who hang with her (me) knows it.

January 19, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • J.A

Well PORTALPUNK I guest that is why you are a friend of K. Stewart because you got free coke from her since she is the one with the money and you are a low life fantasy person I guest you wish her life she is young talented and earn her money with out asking any one for it some thing you don,t have and if she do coke at least she work hard for it some thing you don.t do and Kristen you are amazing .

January 19, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • portalpunk

@J.A. wow, you've been trolled big time. Hahahahahahahahaaha

January 19, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Count Dracula

J.A. stands for Jack A$$

January 19, 2011 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  19. mah

look at her stupid face.

January 19, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Agree with banasy

Don't worry, banasy, I won't bash you. I agree. She has the same expression on her face in every picture. She never smiles; she always looks like she's doing you a favor by appearing in the photo at all. And I'm sick of hearing celebrities cry over their lost anonymity. Uh, it's not like being a movie star is new. You get recognized. It's part of the job. And they all know it.

January 19, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • eljae

Never smiles? Really?

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkP1hNzLmDw&w=640&h=390]

January 22, 2011 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Kelly5

You have to see the film "The Yellow Handkerchief." Stewart really reveals true talent in that film, and the plot and script are just way more meaningful and profound than the fluff of the Twilight movies.

January 19, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • AlienAnessa

Kelly5, I will take your recommendation because I'm extremely curious what Stewart's "true talent" even looks like in context. When I superimpose any number of actresses in Stewart's role in Panic Room, I've concluded that she did nothing more spectacular or unique than Lohan did in that Herbie movie.

January 19, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  22. banasy

I'll probably get trounced for this, but every single time I see her, whether it is in a film still or a photo, she has the exact same expression on her face every time. And I mean EVERY time.

Although I am sure she is talented, I would sure love to see her smile. I never have.

Let the banasy bashing begin.

January 19, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • AlienAnessa

I concur as well, banasy. I'm a serious filmOphile, but still I don't comprehend the labeling of Ms. Stewart as a "good" or "great" actress. I've seen her give the same performance in movies over and over again, much like you'd get from Kevin Costner – you get more of the actress or actor as a person, rather than the character in the story. She very consistently cries over her loss of anonymity – what on EARTH were you expecting? Fame without a price?? Global recognition with anonymity?? Wha?

January 19, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • eljae

In the behind the scenes video from this shoot they show her smiling while posing, don't blame her that they didn't choose those shots.

If you've really never seen her smile, let me help you out here:

Need I go on? There's thousands of photos out there of her smiling.

January 22, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  23. Janine

I love these Twilight movies, even though I swore up & down that I would never see them. It was really nothing more than just not being interested in another vampire movie. I have been a fan of vampire movies for 30 some odd years and just got burnt out with them. But, I did finally break down and gave the Twilight series a try and I absolutely loved it (never read the books–shame on me). Tremendous acting abilities these actors have that were a part of these movies– their performances were just outstanding. I can relate–in a roundabout way–to what Kristen says when she misses the freedoms she once had and that even a simple trip to the mall is impossible for her now. Even at my age now, I think about how cool it must be, to be famous. But, reality sets in real quick when I'm at the store, or at the park, or anywhere out in public, and I realize how good I have it to be able to do that and to not be bugged by people. For the most part, people are pretty strange when it comes to being around a celebrity. They lose their brains–if they have any to begin with. It's comforting to know that I only have the muggers and rapists to worry about when I go out, instead of every damn lunatic on the planet. lol

January 19, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  24. parishater

i agree that she is an a,azing actress. i truly look forward to her future works (not the twilight series) i could care less about those. But she has an undeniable talent i wouldjust caution her to stay away from the whoa is me personna. it didnt work well for megan fox. if you are in showbiz there is a double edge sward and kristen needs to realize and juggle accordingly. wishe her the best of luck an amazing actress

January 19, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Twimom80

Kristen is my favorite young actress today. Her parents must be very proud. She is an example that all showbiz kids don't turn out badly. I'm impatiently waiting on her next two films.

January 19, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |