Debi Mazar and hubby are 'Extra Virgin'
January 19th, 2011

Debi Mazar and hubby are 'Extra Virgin'

Good luck talking to "Entourage" star Debi Mazar and her husband Gabriele Corcos without getting hungry.

The couple are the hosts of the new Cooking Channel show "Extra Virgin," and they have a way with words that makes apparent their passion for food. That's why they agreed to let cameras into their home to film the show, which combines their love of cooking with their love of family.

"You would not be inspired if I was like in some dope kitchen with all the accouterments and everything fake," Mazar said. "When you come into our house you get a flavor for our life, our travels, our kids, our 18-year-old poodle who is like blind, deaf and incontinent but so happy."

The show began as webisodes on the Internet and became so wildly popular that the Cooking Channel came calling.  The pair said they want to encourage families to cook and spend time with each other and to that end offer up their own brand of recipes.

"I always say that we 'Tuscanize' everything," Mazar said.

"I started cooking pasta, my grandmother and my mom taught me everything I know," said Corcos, who is Tuscan. "I joined the Army and ran away to South America in my twenties so from that moment on every time I encountered something that my palate liked I'd 'Tuscanize' it."

The food is simple, they say, and that's reflected in the ease in their kitchen where they are sometimes joined by their young daughters. Mazar, who met her husband in Italy, said they very rarely go out to eat, and that she has learned a great deal about healthy and flavorful dishes thanks to Corcos.

When she competed on "Dancing With the Stars," Mazar said, her husband often sent her to the set with home-cooked lunches.  So who is the better chef between the two?

"My husband for sure," Mazar said. "He went to medical school for six years and I think his understanding of mathematics, science and his romanticism kind of collided together and when he thinks about food he's able to break it down in a much quicker form."

"Extra Virgin" premieres at 10 p.m. on Wednesday on the Cooking Channel.

1. Junita Sorrentino

People often add too much salt in their recipes without realizing it until it’s too late, but do not worry. There is a way to fix this! Add two peeled and chopped raw potatoes to the dish, and then allow it to simmer for around 15 minutes. The potatoes help absorb the extra salt. For a dish that is tomato-based, just put a few more tomatoes in and let them cook until they’re tender. These will dilute the extra salt.–

See all of the best and newest piece of writing at our personal online site
    <http://www.caramoantourpackage.com

April 30, 2013 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Snowshoes

Just saw Extra Virgin last night renewing their vows in Tuscany. Gabriele and his mother should show more respect for Debi's feelings such as when Gabriele's mother noticed "Dolores" napping and wondering ...what it was....was it real....is it dead.....and it sure is ugly!" Guess those type of comments from Gabriele and his mother just goes to show the "apple doesn't fall far from the tree." I hope they put a lid on it and appreciate Debi's love for her pet of 18 years and her kindness to all that get to be in her precious presence.!!!!

April 14, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  3. Snowshoes

I love this program so much and appreciate what they have to give to their family. All my comments have been of praise and adoration. But Gabriel is getting on my nerves with his comments about Debbie's pouddle, Dolores. Such as his exasperation to fly with a 'half dead, blind dog to Tuscany." That isn't very sensitive especially when he knows how much his wife loves and takes care for Dolores. Debbie purchased a stroller for Dolores that made it easier for her and Dolores to move about in Tuscany. But Gabriel was disgusted by the idea. I'm beginning to not appreciate him so much.

April 6, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Cupestydedy

Mauritius

February 14, 2011 at 5:35 am | Report abuse |
  5. Fredsvette

Saw you on Access Hollywood Live.. I thought the hosts were very irritating and I had a hard time enjoying Debi and Gabriele.. Luckily I got to see your recipe and it looked amazing.. can't wait to see you two on your own show.. Thanks for posting the website for the recipes! Can't wait to get cooking..

February 4, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  6. debi mazar

to find recipes,go to http://www.underthetuscangun.com
    thanks for tuning in!

January 21, 2011 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lauren

Okay, now to the cake with the orange and sprinkles with powder sugar. I just made it (again) but never comes out as very tasty as it looks on your show.

LUV LUV your beautiful children, amazing marrirage and your are an amazing and adorable person. Never change!

April 19, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Laura Salustri

Where are the recipes,especially the one they made on "the talk"

January 20, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Gloria

Enjoyed watching you and your husband on the Talk. I love to be in the kitchen with my husband of 10 years cooking up a storm. We make up names for our dishes. They never come out the same, but thats the fun of it. Cant wait to find your recieps, and try them with my love. Happy cooking!

January 20, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bethwyatt

Companies do give out samples. They are looking to put their products in potential consumers' hands. They wouldn't do it if it didn't work one of the place that always worked is "123 Get Samples" search online

January 20, 2011 at 5:41 am | Report abuse |
  10. JustWilliam

EXCELLENT News!

I was a big fan of "Under the Tuscan Gun". Gabriele and Debi remind me of all my favorite hosts over the years- brilliant and talented, but so natural and approachable. My favorite recipe is their Limoncello,

January 20, 2011 at 2:24 am | Report abuse |
  11. Joe S. Momma

That chick has an odd mistress of the dark hotness about her

January 19, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |