Ashton Kutcher: Demi and I were friends sans benefits
January 19th, 2011

Ashton Kutcher: Demi and I were friends sans benefits

Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman play friends with benefits in the new comedy "No Strings Attached," but in real life, Kutcher says he and wife Demi Moore were friends a long time before there were any benefits.

"My relationship was a relationship first," Kutcher, who met 48-year-old Moore in 2003 and wed two years later, tells the February issue Redbook.

"Well, there wasn't anything physical happening for awhile, but from the get-go it was more than friendship. It was a deeper connection than that," he said.

Though the 32-year-old former "That '70s Show" star had been in several high-profile relationships before romancing Moore — January Jones and Brittany Murphy were among his former flames — he eventually reached the point where he wanted to stop sowing his wild oats.

"I think guys wind up... not wanting another guy sleeping with the girl they're with," he explains. "But eventually everyone wants something more. We all have that desire for something special, something committed. We all want to be The One."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • movies

1. Paula

Just wait until Demi turns 50 and can't keep up with the huge changes Menopause causes in a woman's body and emotions. Around 50-51, her skin will dry out, her hair will thin, she'll have short term memory loss, get acne, hot flashes, gain weight and experience the ups and downs caused by the loss of estrogen. Don't kid yourself, women start to age FAST when Menopause begins and chances of having a child at that age becomes increasingly difficult if not impossible (no more eggs.) Unless she's been harvesting her eggs, they'll need to adopt or find a surrogate. Chances of them remaining together during her 50s are slim.

February 17, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  2. NGN

One day aging will be cured, so we won't need to worry about how Demi looks.

February 16, 2011 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
  3. Jo

True story. About 11 yrs ago I was seeing a guy 10 yrs younger & a guy 10 yrs older at the same time. Both simple relationships. However, It felt kind of like on one hand robbing the cradle, and on the other, robbing the Craft Matic Adjustable bed. I'll tell you, I would be hard pressed to choose.

February 14, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  4. JackieInDallas

Demi is only 48, guys, which is 12 years younger than ME, and she looks great! No, she doesn't still look like she did 20+ years ago when she started her career, but for goodness sake, she's not decrepit! Has she had surgery? Who knows except her family and doctor, and who should care? I saw her live at the Golden Globes, and she looked wonderful (and since it was live, couldn't have been touched up).

Frankly, the ageism displayed here isn't very pretty. Women like Signorey Weaver, Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore, and yes, even Demi, are gorgeous because they stay healthy, exercise, watch their diets, and yes, maybe even have surgery. Nothing that men in Hollywood don't do. I don't see too many nasty comments about Michael Douglas being married to a woman younger than his sons - at least Ashton isn't that much younger! As for Demi, I wish her a long, healthy and productive career and life. She's a talented actress, and a great Mom, from how her kids are turning out. Her great relationship with her ex-husband, Bruce Willis, means that her kids had both parents to support them as they grew up, and shows class on both her and Bruce's part!

February 10, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  5. mike

hehe, sorry to hear that Ashton, cause everyone else in Hollyweird has ridden the DemiBus.

February 4, 2011 at 3:49 am | Report abuse |
  6. BELLA

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HE SEE`S IN HER AT ALL...

February 3, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  7. wwwwwwww

Jesus is coming soon, and all these things will not matter, have you given your life to him.

January 31, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really?

You guys always say "Soon", but you never give a year, or a month, or a day, just soon, LOL. He's been coming back since the day after he died. 2011 years isnt soon, so give it a rest already, and talk about the topic.
      As for Ashton and Demi, who cares about their age difference, I just wish they'd get more work done...

February 4, 2011 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  8. Fern

I guess he doesn't want kids. Or she'll be fine raising a new baby at 50 if they do it via surrogate. As unfortunate as it is, there are reasons the average woman doesn't marry a man 15 years younger.

January 30, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Eimaj

LAC,

You COMPLETELY missed the entire point of CAL's post. What is wrong with you? I can see how quickly you took offense to her post. Everything CAL stated in her post was related directly to HER. She never said she thought it was creepy for younger guys to hit on any older women..she said it was creepy happening to HER. Is she not allowed to have this opinion, LAC?

January 27, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  10. LAC

Yay for you CAL. I'm married to a guy 14 years younger than me and L-O-V-E it. We've been together 7 years and it's gets better every day. My husband is a boost, but not because of his age but because of all his other qualities. You may be 54 but you act like an immature girl who never learned to grow up and let people live their lives without imparting your judgement. No wonder older men often date younger if you represent the dating pool!!!

January 22, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  11. CAL

oops-*would be...

January 22, 2011 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
  12. CAL

I've had offers & attention from younger men (I'm 54) and it creeps me out! My friends ask,"doesn't it give you a little boost"? NO...I don't dress like I'm my daughter's ages & for a reason. I was in my 20's & really enjoyed those times..enjoyed my 30's & 40's and now 50's...plus it might have something to do with loving my husband of all these years...do I look the same? No. Do I act the same, THANK GOD NO...but I also don't need someone who's half my age to give me a compliment-or to whistle at me! I point out their Grandmother's, Mother's, Wives & daughter's wuld be very embarrassed for them! LOL...

January 22, 2011 at 1:57 am | Report abuse |
  13. Beautiful Vixen

Some guys likes older women, so what? If you got it going on why not. I'm not saying going with an 18 yr old but some yrs younger is fine. Those who are not into it just can't get a younger man giving her a second look.

January 19, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • olderwoman

I don 't get the "older woman" controversy. I'm 44 and my boyfriend is 31. I happen to look a few years younger than I am; he happens to loolk a few years older. Most of my friends are about his age, anyway, and before I met my boyfriend, one of my best friends told me it would be totally weird if I dated a 50 year old guy. We are comfortable with each other, and care about each other, and my children love him. So, where is the conflict? I don't get it...

January 22, 2011 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  14. Gma

DOES ENYBODY KNOW WHY THE BOLG LINK IS NO LONGER ON CNN MOBILE???? PLEASE ADVISE!!!!

January 19, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Superhiro

So gross.

January 19, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  16. r.gani

They'll be over in 2 years!! Wanna bet anyone???

January 19, 2011 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

I would bet, but I'm already surprised @ how long they've already been together. Although I can't imagine them being together for very much longer, I have no idea. Wouldn't it be a trip if they actually last?

January 19, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  17. me

This is one of the few Hollywood marriages I actually root for.

January 19, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  18. portalpunk

Wow, looking at that picture of Demi, she look older than she did a couple year ago.

January 19, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • justin

Humm, maybe that's because she is?

January 19, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Locode

funny how that works, unless your name is Benjamin Button

January 19, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • KH

My thoughts exactly, she def looks her age even with all the plastic surgery in this pic. Wasn't "touched up" like the others we see of her. Her face actually looks plastic.

January 20, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • CAL

Duh, she is, plus she's probably slowed down on the plastic surgeries since she doesn't want her daughters to look older than her, therefore leading up to way more Hollywood drama...Who knows maybe He'll leave Demi for one of the daughter's or their friends? He's closer in age...

January 22, 2011 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Mark C

Actually she looks great, and 1000% better than any of you morons.

February 3, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |