Arcade Fire, Kanye West to play Coachella
January 19th, 2011

Arcade Fire, Kanye West to play Coachella

After plenty of speculation in recent weeks on who will play at 2011's Coachella music and arts fest, the event organizers have unveiled the official line-up.

The Indio, California event, to be held at Empire Polo Club, will be headlined by Arcade Fire, Kanye West and Kings of Leon.

Other acts to perform include:

• Animal Collective
• Broken Social Scene
• Cee Lo Green
• The Black Keys
• The National
• Lauryn Hill
• The Strokes
• Mumford and Sons
• Bright Eyes
• Wiz Khalifa

And many, many more.

The 12th Coachella Music and Arts Festival will take place over the weekend of April 15. Tickets (which you can conveniently put on layaway) go on sale January 21 at 10 a.m. PST.

To check out the full list of performers, visit Coachella's website.

Filed under: Music

1. Disco

No love for Jimmy Eat World... who is also playing at Cochella this year...

January 20, 2011 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  2. The Slinky

I want to go to that festival so I can see what it's all about. Not any more since that buffoon Kanye is there. Oh well, an over-rated rapper with bad skills is fail. I'm glad Joe Cartoon gave him the Blend-a-Dooshbag Treatment. :)

January 19, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  3. my self

Wiz khalifa get to do some??.., Taylor gang. He coming up OK. Its just time for some new hip_pop artist peroid with real hip_pop. Kanya change up he aint whats popin no mor SORRY. IF Boosie Was out He should have been performing.

January 19, 2011 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  4. my self

January 19, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Dometric

I love that festival! But, Kanya really does suck! The festival has a lot to offer! I can't believe all the people that totally camp out there in the desert to go to the show! I saw Madonna, Depeche Mode, Tool & A lot of great DJ's Like Okenfold there! I had the best 2 days there of my life! Lots of drinking and partying! I THINK EVERYONE SHOULD ATTEND FOR THE SHOW ONCE IN THERE LIFE! Dometric

January 19, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  6. teddy2chains

I can not believe some of the post that are allowed on here. Sad SAd Sad

January 19, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  7. feets

i just saw taz post. gosh. makes me ashamed i posted here too. im sorry.

January 19, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  8. feets

i am really out of touch. i have never heard of any of these performers. i bet they are good though. whatever happened to jefferson airplane and canned heat – guess i am getting old._

January 19, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  9. teddy2chains

I love Kanye! He is great!

January 19, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  10. mad hater

That show gets suckier every year.

January 19, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  11. JD

West is arrogant and ill mannered, especially at awards shows. He should not be allowed to attend them anymore or the producers could at least have security keep him from storming the stage like his opinion is the only opinion. Rude, callous and unprofessional. Disappointing that someone with so much talent feels this behavior is acceptable. If West wants to call the shots he can develop his own awards program. Until then he should either congratulate the winner or KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT!! He may not realize it yet but he has tainted his own career with his behavior. He definitely needs to learn respect for others.

January 19, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  12. michaelwackson

I hope they have music for people like me...a gay transgenger pedophile.

January 19, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  13. KoolVibe

Well, I always wanted to go to the Festival for many years...that is until now!!! Kanye is classless and lacks respect for other genres of music (hence his music awards interuption)...this is a lame attempt by him to try to gain respect back from other musicians and cross-genre followers!! 2 wrongs don't make a right...but you won't see me loosing any sleep if it rains during his set and he gets zapped by his mic on numerous occasions, LMAO!! ;) ....and shame on the organizers too, blah!!

January 19, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Aireka

Do you mean 'career'?

No one is ever satisfied with the line up, therefore don't go if you don't think it's worth it. Personaly I've been waiting years to see the strokes, big audio dynamite, caifanes, mariachi el bronx and arcade fire. I'm not too concerned with the headliners, it's more about what variety of other bands will be there :D either way, I can't wait!!!!! 4th year going

January 19, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  15. music

U can not like Kanye as a person but u can't hate his music. He is probably one of the most creative person musically

January 19, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Ramirez

I've never heard of Coachella. Why should I care again?

January 19, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Roses

Kanye is a great artist but he a narcissist..for that reason people will never enjoy his music.. But I would defiantly pay to go see Lauryn Hill.. Love her music!!

January 19, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Punka B.K.WAY

Oh please get off it every1 makes mistakes. Taylor Swifts is over it and it was her moment damn!

January 19, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • squirrel

My feelings have nothing to do with Taylor Swift, my personal experience seeing him at other festivals. He shows up late (hours), his performance sucks, he made all other stages stop performing while he was there, he says he is sorry all the time and never means it.

January 19, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  19. mad hater

That show gets suckier every year

January 19, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Kanye Sucks

Very true another reason for sure not to attend. What a loser and a total stupid person.

January 19, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Kanyesucks

If 2pac and biggy was still alive kanye would not have a carrer!

January 19, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  22. squirrel

Another reason not to go to Coachello, Kanye West! What a loser. There isn't enough room for him, his ego and the fans.

January 19, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |