Elton John shows off baby Zachary
January 18th, 2011

Elton John shows off baby Zachary

The holiday season brought a special gift for Sir Elton John and his partner David Furnish: baby Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John, who was born via a surrogate on Christmas Day.

The wee one posed for his first photo shoot for Us Weekly, which John and Furnish invited into their Los Angeles home for a little behind-the-scenes view of life with the newborn.

According to Furnish, 48, Zachary’s “a content little guy...He just loves to be nurtured, cuddled, and sung to."

John, 63, said holding Zachary for the first time was an incomparable moment.

"I've never felt anything like it in my life," he told Us. "You're so awestruck. What can you say? You take it in. The feeling, the joy, the warmth of his body, his breathing...I will never forget that experience ever."

Photos of baby Zachary appear in this week’s issue of Us Weekly, on newsstands Wednesday. The couple of 17 years say they have decided to donate all proceeds from the licensing of the photos to their chosen charities.

Filed under: Celebrities • Elton John

1. EVEN THEY HAVE TRUE LOVE....

JUST LIKE YOU DO...HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

July 15, 2013 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  2. AnActualThinkingPerson

So What if the baby was bought? It just goes to show you the power of money and human love. The baby will grow up rich and not give a damn about his damn parents, just like you people raise your spoiled brats. You people need to think.

July 15, 2013 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  3. ronny barnett

How much did John pay for his baby? I thought baby sale contracts were forbiddne by the 14th Amendment. If the bought and paid for mother chooses to violate the terms of the Baby Sale Contract, can the Courts rule that Baby Sale Contracts are enforceable? Who is she? How much was she paid? The contract specifies she can't tell the world. Can she tell her child? This is not joyous. It is sick. It is not toleration.
    It is sociopathy disguised as law. Selling babies is sick.

January 30, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Vera58

That kid might have some really big issues when he grows up. He will want to know who his biological parents are. What if he decides he wants to search for his biological mother...he'll have to undertake a search for the woman who donated the egg and the one who bore him. How confusing! He'll have to find out who his father is, if it's Elton, well, dad will be pretty old...if even around. If it's a surragate sperm donar, he'll probably never find his biological dad. Better if the real dad is David.

January 27, 2011 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  5. John Mathers

Freak Show.

January 20, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  6. JD

@ new normal. Teach your child respect for all people and everything will fall in place. What are you going to do if one of your kids is gay, disown them?

January 19, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  7. MrPinkstuff

Elton will make a very fun dad! In fact, I think it will add some pizzazz back to his music. The man was the King of Glitz back in the '70s, though these two come close: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP5ggZRsNh8

January 19, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Debbie

I just hope that they take proper care of his teeth. The British aren't known for great looking teeth.

January 19, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  9. silentseeker

Congratulations to Elton John and his partner David Furnish. Baby Zachary is so blessed to have two wonderful parents.

January 19, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  10. mamae

this is madness. two men raising a child. what can be more dysfunctional that this?

January 19, 2011 at 2:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Huh?

More dysfunctional? Let's see... Teenagers having babies and drowning them in a toilet at the prom, or tossing them in a dumpster. Hetero couples who have no business procreating, yet still having children and neglecting and abusing them to death. Single women with multiple children from multiple unpresent fathers.

Gay and lesbian couples who want to makes families do so out of love, not by "accident". The sacrifices these couple endure, and the nearly insurmountable odds they face to create a family are indicative of their commitment to these children who are lucky to be so wanted and cherished.

January 20, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  11. D

And I bet the serrogate made a life's earning carrying Elton John's baby.

January 18, 2011 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Karen

Many couples choose the surrogate route to have a family. Adoption in an honorable choice as well and we would see many more children adopted in the US if the rights of delinquent, abusive, negligent parents were severed based on the best interest of the child as opposed to how our courts currently operate. While I believe that everyone deserves a chance, there are kids in foster care for that will grow to adulthood waiting on parents to get it together. And many times an adoption is overturned to give a natural parent another chance after years. No wonder couples that can choose a surrogate or adopt children from other countries. Do something about the kids that are forced to spend their childhood in & out of foster care. That would be a much better use of your time than taking cheap shots at a couple that obviously love each other, and are committed to each other, for starting a family. And so what about Elton's age. No one is promised tomorrow. The picture shows proud parents of a new baby. Nothing more. Nothing less.

January 18, 2011 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Becky

Gays preach love for all, yada, yada, yada. But disagree with their lifestyle on one of these boards, and you'll really see the hatred and nepotism they really have in their hearts.

January 18, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Beautiful Vixen

This poor kid is going to grow up to be a confused person. Total disgusted how man can make love to another man. That's just nasty and I don't really give a rat's ass who like my comment or not! Puke and just plain gross!

January 18, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Becky

Joi, and let me point out that you are passing judgment on me just because I disagree with you about gay couples and parenting.

January 18, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  16. The Real

I think all the straight gay stuff has everyone off track. Look!! Gay or straight, if you do not have the tools to bring life onto this earth – stop being so selfish and adopt some of the ones that are already here, leaving and breathing needing a home!! No need for a surrogate. The the lil one in need. Great example is Brad and Angolina!!

January 18, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  17. D

I think it's selfish when any individual or couple decides they are going to have a baby at an innapropriate age such as this couple here, when they aren't even able to be there for the child through his young adult years and that's why they were denied when trying to adopt.

January 18, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  18. buck

What will they tell their "son" to call them? Dad and Dad or Uncle Dad and Dad or significant other Dad or What? Is one of them going to be Mommy. And what about that loving touch that only a Mother can give? I am so glad my Dad is not GAY. I could not imagine my life without my Mother. Thanks Dad for not wanting another hairy man as your lover. Imagine being a turdtamper. Or the little one coming in the bedroom un-announced!

January 18, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Observer

"Imagine being a turdtamper". Maybe. You could check with your mother.

January 18, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  19. doublestandard!

I just hope all the idiots who are saying using a surrogate is "wrong" and comparing it to "buying a baby" are giving the same grief to nicole kidman and sarah jessica parker for doing the exact same with their spouses. I can't imagine a better situation for any child than to be raised in a home with two loving and devoted parents.

January 18, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  20. ChildofGod

the poor kid. How dare they. My prayers are with the baby, and that the Elton John and his partner repent of their ways.

January 18, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  21. PastorDoWrong

Elton John in a nightgown singing twinkle twinkle – Very disturbing

January 18, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  22. womanizer

Daddy can I love men and women as if they are the same. And at the same time? Yes son anything goes.

January 18, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Lydia

Congratulations to Elton John and his partner David. I must admit I raised an eyebrow at the fact that they brought a baby into the world when they're both a bit on in years–Elton is going to be in his 80's when the child graduates high school, if he's lucky enough to have that long a life. I won't pass judgement on them, though–one of my best friends in High School had a father in his 70's, and she was happy and loved. I guess I just feel like my time with my father is short enough as it is–I can't imagine if I came into the world when his life was already nearly gone.

But then again, who knows? Elton John may shock the hell out of us and live to be 120, and then won't I feel rather silly for worrying? Who knows how much time we have in the world, and we may as well live life while we've got it to live.

Congratulations to them both on their beautiful little boy!

January 18, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  24. weaselfox

Yes the money can buy everything, it bought him a baby and Im sure it will also buy him a female figure, you really think super weathly snobs change EVERY poopy diaper, and do all the dirty work etc. E.J. Will have enough nannys, housekeepers, etc. The kid will have plenty of women to bond with, the ones who will really be raising him.

January 18, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Kathleen

While I personally don't agree with the gay lifestye, I am very happy for David & Elton (my favorite solo artist). I'm not too worried about the child being confused because there is already a lot of confusion in our society – look at all the single parents, some of whom are my friends and in my family. My parents were married for 50 yrs yet my dad was distant emotionally because of his addictions. I think I'm more concerned about the kid growing up to be spoiled. I hope they don't buy him a Porche when he's 16. As far as the age thing, none of us know when we'll be leaving this earth. I've known young parents who've passed so we all need to make the best of the time we do have. No doubt this child will be loved.

January 18, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  26. LouAz

This is not News, but base sensationalism. Noone is served in any way by exploiting this purchased human being, except the huge ego of Elton John.

January 18, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  27. R men.

I have no problem of gays living together.My issue is with gays raising a child that could have been raised by so many desperate normal couples (husband/wife) who can't have baby's. Fathers & mothers have different nourishments that each baby needs. Elthon's kid will be screwed up mentaly & hopefully not become a gay person. For believers, After all, if you are a believer, God created Adam & Eve not Adam & Eric.

January 18, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  28. PastorDoWrong

@Sara what's sad and sorry is those two up there smiling and holding that poor baby like a DAMN trophy....

January 18, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  29. tj

So since they are gay its buying a baby but if they were a straight couple iTs not it you don't know if they tried to adopt elton is up in age so this could have been their only option

January 18, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Beth1

Linda is concerned about when Zach asks about his mother. How about all the children from 'normal' couples – how many talk shows are about who is the actual father of the child? Tell the baby the truth – he was conceived for two parents (a couple of 17 hears!) who wanted to give him a home with love and all that they can offer. To me the baby is way ahead of the majority being born today.

January 18, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  31. David

Congrats to them and best wishes. If someone doesn't like it that is fine, they can remain as unimportant to your family as well as the rest o the progressive like before.

January 18, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Kathy

All those saying children have to have a mother to grow up "normal" have no idea. My step-children had the worst mother in the world, she let them live in a dirty home, could not cook for them and spent all day on the phone. My husband got custody of the kids and raised them in a loving and caring atmosphere (something that their mother could never provide). One of my co-workers was abandoned by his mother who was too busy taking drugs to care for him. So much for a mother's love...it is a parent's love. Just because you can have children does not make you a good parent.

January 18, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mars

Actualy between the two,one is a parent( the sperm donor) the other jus a gurdian (furnish )who was just honoured to have his name ön litle zachs particulars.

February 11, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Tailgunner

I don't care if he's gay, but I feel bad for a kid who has to grow up with an old fart who can't run around or play with the child like a younger parent could, and will die while the child is young. Why does every old fart lately think it's ok to do this? Boggles my mind. Oh...and Elton, you think with all your millions of $$$ you could buy a pair of glasses that don't make you look like an idiot...and fix that all-pro spitting gap too while your at it.

January 18, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  34. vickchick51

I thought Sir Elton had another child from his short lived marriage. Does anyone know?

January 18, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Drem

Congrats to them. I don't get why you would want to start to raise a baby in your mid-60's but maybe the younger one will at least live until the kid makes to adult age and can take care of himself.

January 18, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Just a Thought

IN RESPONSE TO :Wilser –
    If God wanted MEN to be mothers, I would think He would have given them wombs instead of surrogates. But hope they are excellent parents to this child. Since God gave me eyes to see, I wander if I could use them instead of my ears to hear? I think I would rather use them for their intended purpose.

UHM – DEAF PEOPLE DO USE THEIR EYES TO HEAR & BLIND PEOPLE USE THEIR EARS TO SEE.

January 18, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  37. CyndyP

I wish this family all the happiness in the world – families come in all kinds of shapes and sizes and these two men are in a committed relationship and are showing their love for this new little one.

January 18, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Pat

Why doesnt anyone ask, what is wrong withthis picture?? Have we lost our minds people?! How can anyone see right in this?

January 18, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Pat

Does anybody ask whats wrong with this picture?? Have we lost our minds people?!

January 18, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Sara

Sorry. I meant "to know Him".

January 18, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  41. zami

OMG, he's beautiful!! so so happy for you both. Enjoy each and every precious moment and may God bless your lovely family!

January 18, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  42. lorenzo f

gross. I really feel sorry for young kids today. The images of gay men having babies, women acting like goons, guys acting like goons. Does any one on TV OR in media have any morals today? Some of this garbage should be kept where it belongs, in the closet with the door locked!!! TRAGIC..

January 18, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Sara

May God bless this baby – and parents (to be know Him). God loves them all. May the sins of the parents not be repeated by the child.

January 18, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Observer

Talking about the "sins of the parents" is a hypocritical joke. There are FAR FAR more Christians committing the sin of adultery according to the Bible by remarrying than there are gays. It's all pick-and-choose by hypocrites.

January 18, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • larry

"Observer"--The sins of the parents is no joke. The fact that others sin whether christian or not changes nothing. Do not pick and choose your behavior based on others failures. God tells us to test everything, are your words truthful, or misleading. Are they in the interest of everyone reading them? Are your motives pure or do you have an agenda.

January 18, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Observer

Larry,

Please tell us how many times you have trashed Christians for adultery by remarrying? Number please. Obviously, you've criticized gays. What about the MUCH greater number of remarried Christians? Or do you just PICK and CHOOSE the sins you want to make an example of?

January 18, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • PastorDoWrong

Dammit Sara jump off a cliff asap...thanks

January 18, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • unknown

Mr. Observer,

Every sin is....guess waht, a sin. It doesn't matter if you murdered or if you are gay, it won't matter what other people say about it, in the end, everything is sin in the eyes of God. No sinner who hasn't repented will get special treatment because their sin isn't as anti-social as something murder in the human world. All bad things will be the same thing: Sin.

January 18, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Mark

This is so wrong! New movie "two men and a baby".

January 18, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  45. diego

Didn't God use a surrogate to have his kid?

January 18, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  46. J

Someone must have donated an egg. Who's the mama?
    One day this kid will be big enough to join the wrestling team were he can say he learned how from his 2 dads.

January 18, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Empathy

I am so Happy for Elton and David. Congratulations. I am overwhelmed with emotion. I am also jealous of them, being a Gay man in India I neither have the financial resources nor the social acceptability to have a baby of my own through a surrogate, I do not wish to have a deceitful marriage to have a child, I will thus die with the desire to have a baby in my heart.

January 18, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  48. LAF

One Commment: TOO OLD !

January 18, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  49. paul wilbur

What's really really "incredible" is when you father one with your wife...
    or should I say... "real men make their own"... simple idea,eh. Think it would catch on? :)
    paul
    straight from the Gulag...

January 18, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Txtwisterz

It is a sad day when 2 gays can adopt a baby. it is WRONG on so many levels!! This world has gone straight to hell in a handbasket. Poor kid.

January 18, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Kim

Sorry I dont agree this baby may be loved but there is nothing like a mothers love. I know people who lost their mothers at a young age or was raised by a father, and they are all off balanced people. They ALL say they feel like they missed something in life. I can see two mothers over two men, I hope they have a female in the baby's life.

January 18, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  52. tjf

hey claire ... you my dear are in denial...the baby WAS purchased

January 18, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  53. tjf

hey denise...hate to tell you but $$$ trumps love...

January 18, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  54. MrsFizzy

@JR, that of course, is the real question!

January 18, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  55. downinfront

Just listen to Elton John's song "Blessed' and you'll gain a lot of insight into this. Beautiful really.

January 18, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Anne

How can people claim to have grown up in a loving family, yet be so full of hate and prejudice? A mother can't be so important then when she obviously wasn't able to make a loving and caring person out of you.

All the best to Elton and David with their little adorable son. May God hold his hand over your home.

January 18, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Scott

Welcome to your nightmare. I'm 63 and you have no mother, but thanks for authenticating us and giving us a thrill.

January 18, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Beware_of_Dog

What the heck does that mean? Sorry, I don't understand a word you said.

January 18, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Beware_of_Dog

Come on people. I will give you the its OK for 2 guys to be in love. But do you have any idea the amount of therapy this kid is going to need the rest of his life. Elton John is about as emotionally mature as a 5 yr old. To him this kid is nothing but a toy or play thing. Every time the kid does anything wrong he will be emotionally abused, if not physically abused. I know a lot of kids have emotionally immature parents who are train wrecks waiting to happen. The only good thing about any of this is that if the kid doesn't kill himself or overdose by the time he is an adult, he will be able to afford all the therapy he is going to need to survive.

January 18, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  59. JR

How nice....our boy Elton shows off his baby. Last week John Travolta lets us see his little bundle of joy. Nicole and Keith the proud parents of a wonderful little gestalional baby. DOESN'T ANYBODY IN SHOW BUSINESS F..K ANYMORE??

January 18, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Renee

This news just made my day. Why didn't they do this sooner though?

January 18, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Frank

I am very happy for Sir Elton John and his partner David. I am sure they will be wonderful parents to their new born son. They deserved this wonderful happiness in their life.

January 18, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Gumby

which of the 2 men "Furnished" the sperm for the baby??

January 18, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  63. tjf

to s.p. do not start w/the immature name calling...how dare you call my parents abnormal...they adopted me & my brother..so how dare you...i was just commenting on how i feel...nobody else...see thats the problem the people that think this is ok, they won't let us that dont agree w/it have our opinion, becuz it differs from theirs...hmmm accept the fact...its not accepted by everyone....again, i will NEVER accept it & i don't have to its my right...which believe it or not does NOT make me (or my parents) abnormal & for your information my parents would be ashamed of me..but they would let me have MY opinion

January 18, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Tolerance

This child will be loved and cherished, and have the best of everything. Sir John is leaving everything for this child. All the negative posts are from those that are VERY JEALOUS, and feel the need to stomp out anything and everything they think is not "normal". I bet if there was an unnatural cure for cancer of one of their loved ones they would be all over it.

January 18, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  65. T. Bagher

The day that two guys can have a kid without any outside help is the day taht Elton deserves to be a Dad.

January 18, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  66. greenbird321

It's nice that they took time out of all the nightclubbing they've been doing lately...to do a photoshoot with baby Zachary.

January 18, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Judy

Congrats Sir Elton & David. You have a lovely family and I wish the best to the three of you.

January 18, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  68. The other side`

Is Elton the pitcher or the catcher?

January 18, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  69. mel

I completely believe that this child could have as much love from a gay couple as he would a straight couple. Everyone in this world deserves to have love and happiness no matter how they choose to do so.

January 18, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  70. ELBERTA

he should of had the baby at a young age

January 18, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Carla

Congratulations to this family. Elton looks so happy.

January 18, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  72. kopeski

LMAO!!!!!!!!!

January 18, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Darius

Gay or straight, doesn't matter to me. But Elton John is a batshizz crazy diva and doesn't strike me as someone who should have an infant – especially at 62. Its just weird and NOT because he's a gay man.

January 18, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  74. BishopHatto

Gay guys can give birth to babies now? Wow, science is awesome!

January 18, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Paul in Atlanta

Not every child is blessed with a home where they are loved and wanted. Fortunately this child has two parents who love him. If you're so concerned about children, make it your business to help the many children out there who have no families. There are thousands of children who need foster homes, adoptive homes, or perhaps just mentors. It's easy to sit at your computer and through stones. If you're so concerned about children, go make a difference. Actions make a difference, not words.

January 18, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Comicaze

I think its pretty awesome that they chose to adopt a child. I keep hearing all of these arguments about how "God intended for a man and a woman to have and raise a child" blah blah blah. Well, the man and woman who made this child abandoned him, and now he has two proud and loving parents! Congrats the the new parents >.<

January 18, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

Sorry but try again Comicaze! They did try to adopt before from Ukraine but they blocked it.

January 18, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Comicaze

What do you mean "sorry, try again"? Your statement had absolutely nothing to do with the point I was making...

January 18, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Seraphimo

Congrats Elton and David, here is to the start of a beautiful relationship! To the little child, enjoy your loving parents.

January 18, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Brook

Aw, the baby looks just like his dads! Best of everything to the happy family. :-)

January 18, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  79. TFerrera

That child is absolutely stunning. May God bless you all.

January 18, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  80. ted

This is sick....People think just because these people have money the child will be Ok....I wish him luck but can not help it but feel sorry for him......I grew up poor but I was happy to have the love of a mother and I don't care what anybody says but these two perv can never give the baby that kind of love.....a child needs mother who is a woman not man who thinks he is a woman....too many liberal idiots in this country

January 18, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  81. anna

Poor baby!!!!

January 18, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  82. thetree

Since f@gs really can't be monogamous, aids will eventually get these old pervs and the baby can be taken in by a normal couple.

January 18, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  83. rightisright

F@gs can't by nature be monogamous, so when AIDS (nature's smart bomb) takes these old perverts, the baby can be placed with a normal couple.

January 18, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kathy

Gee, these two have been in a relationship for 20 years. My favorite gay couple have been in a relationship for over 20 years. Straight people, Gingrich cheated on all his wives, Rush Limbaugh is on marriage #3, John McCain cheated on his first wife with his current...yeah, gays cannot be in a long term relationship...seems to me it is the straight people who are ruining marriage!!!

January 18, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  84. mel

I am very happy for the two of them. May they have such a wonderful life with the new baby.

January 18, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Kim

Everything is messed up!!! Boys are girls and girls are boys... What was right is now wrong. What was wrong is now right... No wonder kids are so so messed up!!!

January 18, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Humanity

We are all humans. What you believe is not what everone in the world agrees to. If your gay or straight you should have the right and freedom to do what you want, unless it is harmful to others. So people, stop all the hate and support humanity by gays or straights...rather to save a child or let it die...adopt people..whether you gay or staight...save a life or celibrate one!

January 18, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Ashley

What an amazing couple and beautiful baby! I wish them wonderful memories with their little one. I love Elton, he puts on the best concert.

January 18, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Angela

Congratulations to Sir Elton and David!!! Becoming a parent is a wonderful time in a couple's life. I wish nothing but the very best for you and your new addition!! May God bless this family!

January 18, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  89. TamOk

Elton looks so happy.
    Like he just brought a new pair of sunglasses!!! LoL
    Congrats Elton & David!!

January 18, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Doms

I'm surprised to those who feel sorry for the baby. Can 2 gay men not raise a child like a "normal" hetero couple? If you can feel sorry for this kid, I ask you to have a look at Jared Loughner. He was raised by normal parents and look at what he'd become. Is that what normal parenting is all about?

January 18, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Luis

poor baby

January 18, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  92. EMMA GRACE

I don't give a hoot if the parents are gay, bi, hetero, and whatever else is out there. If they can provide a home for a child that is safe, warm, and loving I say here, here. We have so many kids that need homes in the US that is ridiculous and if the adoption agencies weren't so cut throat more and more kids would be adopted. That's why so many go out of the country to adopt! To Elton and Dave if you are in the Atlanta, GA area look me up my daughter would love to babysit that cute bundle!

January 18, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Mario

terrible

January 18, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  94. bagomax

This is unnatural. A child needs a mother. I consider this a selfish act.

January 18, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  95. jason

So is Mr. John the "mother" here.. uumm, i see both wearing the "ring" on their right hand. Sorry I am so very confused about the whole partner/spouse/father-father/mother-mother/"who make the dinner" things. All the best to the baby though. They are precious no matter who is holding them.

January 18, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • mfsb1

Wow... look again. Their rings are on the 3rd finger, left hand. Same finger and hand I wear mine

January 18, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Grandma

A baby gives love unconditionally; a child requires love unconditionally. Congratulations. And here's to a happy and healthy child. Lavish the love.

January 18, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  97. W.G.

Is he going to breast feed ?? HAHAHA! this world just gets sicker and sicker !

January 18, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Susan

Wow...there's a lot of intolerance out there. Here's something I've never understood: Why do all of you people hate the idea of gay marriage? Have you taken a look at the divorce rate? What's so sacred about marriage anymore? Straight people obviously aren't that good at it! I say, share the misery! (I'm a straight married woman BTW) And as for Elton and David raising their son...why not? Someone, please find me a news article about GAY parent beating, abusing or murdering their family....Go Elton and David!

January 18, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  99. gross

That poor child.

January 18, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  100. MrBrightside247

Sahsha, I was not bashing anyone, just asking a question. What about the situation is hard to understand? There was no ill will in my statement. Most people have a misconceived notion that gay relationships are somehow different from straight ones. At the end of the day, it is two people, trying to make the best life possible together, working through problems, and sharing amazing moments together, like having a child. I commend anyone, gay, straight, old , or young, who has children, and raises them to be exceptional adults. Whether biological or adopted. You don't need both a mother and a father. You need love. I was raised by a single mother, who is an amazing woman, and loved me unconditionally. I would like to think I am a happy, productive member of society, who loves my partner, and has a good life. I don't feel cheated in anyway. I feel lucky I have such an amazing mom that gave me an awesome childhood.

January 18, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Michael

This is not natural. Children need a mother and a father. Its selfish and disgusting.

January 18, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Sarah

Congratulations to the beautiful family! The joy is evident on John's face.

To all the haters: it is NOT your job to judge. I would rather see this child raised by two loving and nurturing men who can provide everything and more for the child rather than by some neglectful, irresponsible, abusive, or self-destructive set of parents – gay or straight.

Love is love is love. Learn some tolerance.

January 18, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  103. sara

Fuzzy is obviously mad at God about something. Maybe something hurtful in the past. Try not to judge people who talk badly of God, as they are working it all out in their world-weary and worn-out hearts. I have found that people who hate God are just afraid and hurt and in need of a lot of love. God loves ALL.

January 18, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  104. DJ

Sir Elton has just as much right as anybody else to raise a child. Elton will give the child the most important thing in life you can give a child. Love.

January 18, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Debi

The ONLY thing that bothers me about this picture is that the baby is not wrapped snuggly in a blanket. Why do new parents feel the need to "dress up" newborns. The baby just came out of a warm, secure womb - it needs to be swaddled and kept warm.

January 18, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  106. nburgan@gotropics.com

This would be news is one of them had actually produced a baby.
    To bad John's and David's parents were not gay. We would have a picture of a just a sweet baby brought to this world from equal part of man with equal part of woman.

January 18, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  107. sara

I would LOVE to have Elton John for my father!!! I would have LOVED having a gay father, period. Some of my kindest, most caring and most fun friends have been gay men. I think of how cold, rigid and tough my old man was. He refused to change any of my diapers. He never listened when I would talk to him. I couldn't fathom him ever singing to me. I would have been overjoyed to have a dad who coddled me, sang to me and was as proud of me as Elton and his husband are of their baby. I am proud of how many positive comments outway the negetive here in the string of comments. I hope that when my daughter is an adult her generation will be more loving, accepting and tolerant than mine and those who came before me. God is Love and God loves ALL.

January 18, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Evel Kneivel

I guess they'll have his baby shower at a bathhouse?

Which one of these turdburglars squeezed the kid out of their rear end?

January 18, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  109. telrider

Is he going to breast feed him?

January 18, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  110. irfman

Will Elton and David's baby go on play dates with Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's baby when they get older?

January 18, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  111. alumette

Precious baby. He looks like Elton.

January 18, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  112. diablo

question ; why gay men adopt only boy and lesbian only girl..?? strange...no..?

January 18, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anna

1.) Your statement is false. Gay men and lesbians adopt both genders.

2.) Elton John and his partner did not adopt their son. They had a surrogate and therefore could just have easily had a daughter.

January 18, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • nuffsed

Actually the statement is only partially false. Gays and lesbians may adopt both genders, but for people who are as rich as this having a child via surrogate I would believe they can choose the gender of their child. I maybe mistaken, I'm not an expert, just a garden variety hater.

January 18, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  113. 1JC

2011 is in a sad beginning. Just because you want something does not mean it is ok or should be accepted. Look at the world and where it is heading – wake up in 2011 things aren't getting better because people are more tolerant, it is actually getting worse because people are more tolerant. Be honest and think about it. I wish the baby well, but feel bad for him, he needs his female mother. Really – Seriously !!

January 18, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • nuffsed

You should be so ashamed of yourself? Do you know how famous and rich Sir Elton John is? That you think he shouldn't be able to have all the things his money can buy – think about what you are saying. This is Elton John we are talking about. I've heard that theme to the Lion King, if that doesn't convince you he's a surperior human being whose selfish, confused needs mean more than an innoccent baby's needs, I don't know what will. IT"S ELTON JOHN AND MR/S ELTON JOHN FOR CRIPES SAKE!!!!!!! You are so mean.

January 18, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  114. 1JC

I wish the baby well, but feel bad for him. He needs his mother, 2011 is in a sad beginning. Just because you want something does not mean it is ok or should be accepted. Look at the world and where it is heading – wake up in 2011 things aren't getting better because people are more tolerant, it is actually getting worse because people are more tolerant. Be honest and think about it. Really – Seriously !!

January 18, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • nuffsed

No no no! Didn't you read the story? He's being raised by two GAY men, not just two ordinary disgusting straight people! It's BETTER than having two straight parents, they are gay parents so automatically beyond reproach in any way! Their way is soooo much better! Straight people everywhere will soon be catching on and hiring surrogates to do their dirty work for them. Don't you know that by now, haven't you been reading the news? Because they are gay, they have fixed the pesky one parent of each gender problem that nature created. Gays will save the world, I'm sure.

January 18, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  115. bookenz

63 is pretty old to be raising a baby.

January 18, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Michelle

So happy for them. The baby is gorgeous and will be well-loved. To all of you who speak of their age: I know several children whose "young" parents have died. To the haters: Get used to this. Love conquers hate. Bravo to the new family.

January 18, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • nuffsed

Maybe the little baby will grow up and wonder why he doesn't have a mom by his so-called parents choice. Let's see how much he really gets with all the strangers who will be being paid to raise him. But it involves gays, so overlook that and pretend there will be a happy ending. You wouldmn't want to offend anyone.

January 18, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Dan

The only time the kid will have problems is when he runs into some narrow minded, bible totin, right wing whacko who figures that heaven is simply an extension of business as usual except 'everybody there is just like me'. If heaven is indicated by what I've read from the religious types here, then I'll be happy to avoid the place and take my chances in hell. To these three, the new family, cheers, best wishes, and I hope the baby is healthy and that his teeth come in straight!

January 18, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • nuffsed

Not a religious person and not a bible toting anything. Just a hater here who thinks that superseding nature to get an outcome that has never, ever happened naturally in the history of mankind is really gross and selfish. But hey, that's gays for you. Like I said, that baby will have everything money can but because the two so-called parents can afford to be selfish. Women haters think this is okay, but their hate is justified I'm sure. Let's see Sir Queen and his fake wife have a baby naturally.

January 18, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  118. 1jc

January 18, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • nuffsed

Two dads no mom – purposely unbalanced but okay because they are two adults who consent to giving "their" child an unbalamnced parental relationship. How is that anything to be proud of? Nope, no tolerance for the selfish consenting adults involved at all.

January 18, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  119. rusLA

This is just wrong...every child needs a mother in their life. Two male figures in the home, just strange. The child will grow up confused.

January 18, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Gail Snail

Congrats to Elton & David.

January 18, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Joe Pell

wonderful....two fudge packers raising a kid.....sad to not have a mother....wait a minute, he now has two....

January 18, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe Pell

no way this kid will be confused when it comes time to talk about the birds and bees....will these two dry drunks dress him in drag at the baby shower?

January 18, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evel Kneivel

Well, little Levon, you take your weiner and roll it around in a human garbage can, otherwise known as a dude's brown eye.

January 18, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Jewell

Why do some have to ruin a beautiful thing? So what if they are gay, that baby is going to be loved. Gays get it the worst, nobody ever says poor kid is being brought up by a rapist or a murderer.

January 18, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Jewell

What a great Christmas present. He is so cute, I know the baby was surrogate but he looks like Elton. haha

January 18, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Francjue

Nimrod says, "In order to grow up balanced. that baby should have a female and a male presence in his life, not male-male."
    You mean like Jared Loughner?

January 18, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  125. ilokid

Understand that in order to placate the 'father', the baby was delivered anally.

January 18, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Rajesh

I guess this will be the norm from here on. I don't think any of us know what will happen to this child who is being raised by two fathers under the spotlight.

January 18, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Hater4Life

Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve......Give the child a chance at a normal life give the baby to a couple, a woman and man.....this up bringing will certainly have ramifications and hurt this child in the long run....

January 18, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Denise

Nothing trumps LOVE.

January 18, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  129. P F Flyer

Im sure as soon as this kid gets old enough he'll flee as far away from these 2 rumprangers

January 18, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Ichi

I wish I could be adopted by Elton John. Zachary is going to be living like a king for the rest of his life.

January 18, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  131. kissapoo

What a lucky and beautiful baby boy. Bless you all.

January 18, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  132. nyc

Do you thing he looks more like the mother or father ?

January 18, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  133. s.p

Wow some of those stupid inconsiderate comments!! Rather have gay and rich parents than alcoholic, abusive, uncaring straight parents like some of you haters have... damn people are so stupid!

January 18, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  134. markb

Sickening. What people do in their bedroom is none of my business but would you agree for a kid to be raised by family of three lesbians married to two dogs and a dead body? I mean where's the limit?

January 18, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anna

Is someone here advocating for such an arrangement? I must have missed it.

Use your head, markb. The one that's attached to your neck.

January 18, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  135. zoocko

Soooo.... a baby whose parents are rich, kind, and who will be sung to sleep by one of the best musicians of our time. I think the only danger he's in will be that he could well be spoiled rotten. Here's to hoping he turns out fine. :)

January 18, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

'one of the best musicians of our time'? surely you mean 'one of the reasonably popular musicians of the last generation-but-one"?

January 18, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Nutan Patel

Congratulations to Sir Elton John and David Furnish. Wishing you all the best. Baby Zachary is one lucky baby.

January 18, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  137. terri conner

Who cares if you have two daddy's two mommies or one of each? If a family wants a child and can not do so on their own, so be it! LOVE is normal! This child will be loved and that is all that matters.

January 18, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Bina

I feel bad for this poor little boy that won't grow up with a mother. I'm thinking he will be a very confused child and eventually adult. Every child needs a mother to grow up balanced and healthy. This is sad.

January 18, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Rick

I'm confused, Elton so grown fat after pregnancy.

January 18, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Rob

Looks like Dad holding his grandchild with his son watching. Anyone consider that the likelyhood of him even seeing his child graduate high school is pretty slim- much less seeing the other milestones? Just lke Larry King and these others who have kids in their 60's and 70's, its just too bad that thier children will have to grow up without one of their parents.

January 18, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • k9rescuer

My father died way too young and I miss him tremendously, but every moment with him was quality. I was blessed to have had even that much, because some people never get to experience any kind of life with a great parent. Kudos to Elton and David.

January 18, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  141. WolfeVS

As gay man Im in favor of marriage and family rights for every human being, I wish them all the best.
    However, I still take issue with the hypocrisy that Elton John has shown by his connections with the conservatives.
    Will Rush Limbaugh be the GodFather?

January 18, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Austin

Wow. Where's Sarabi. Seriously, I know it's better to have a home than not but this kid has some serious issues ahead. Good luck with that.

January 18, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • k9rescuer

The "issues" will only come from dealing with jack@sses like you. Knucklehead.

January 18, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  143. blacklsv8

I feel so sorry for the people that have posted such hateful things in regasrds to the blessing of a new life. 1st off, they didnt adopt the baby you fools, try reading before commmenting. 2nd there are many kids growning up in a messed up striaght family life syle due to parents that are selfcentered. I am a gay father of four kids, each are striaght and have always known they are loved and have become very productive adults. Oh yeah and not one of my gay friends tried to molest tehm. The str8s tend to do that type of thing not gays. So walk on.

Fools you are.

January 18, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  144. claire

That baby was not purchased. That baby is notbeing raised by pervs or pedophiles.ther is love there. Jesus said not to judge. You think you are better than Jesus?

January 18, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Rita Keays

"You can tell everybody this is your song.And this one's for You" Congratulations.

January 18, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Kathy

Can't some of you people turn the hate off for a minute and just be happy for Elton and David? There are kids all over the world right now being beaten and abused by their STRAIGHT parents. This little boy is going to grow up in a loving home with two well adjusted dads. I'm happy for all three of them.

January 18, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Bloodyscot

While I believe that man and woman couples are per natures guidelines, if gays are happy together then all the better for them since the world is never prefect.
    My main problem is their age, my father was 49 when I was born and its hard for a child to understand that a parent's age causes limits it some areas, I miss my father very much and it some ways the limited time we had before he died was a blessing and a curse. I guess even young parents can die too early so maybe it just part of living life.

January 18, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • motherof2

You're right. Dying is a part of the circle of life. I had a sister to die at 29 yrs of age. Her only child was 8mos old when she died. We all have a time to die. Whether 2mos or 102yrs. And that's one appointment we cannot reschedule and we won't be late.

January 18, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Joe

Gross. Gross on multiple levels.... This country is like one of those grand old houses you see downtown that's been turned into a crack house...just a sad time for our country.

January 18, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

Whose country, Joe? They live in England for one thing. Anyway I think it's worse for our country that kids are born to people who DON'T want them and abused and/or neglected.

January 18, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Jon

Who's the daddy and who's the mommy?

January 18, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  150. Terri O'Neal

Such a sweet little guy. Be proud and hold him close. They grow up very quickly and whatever you do, teach him kindness and not to be prejudiced against others. My mother tried to bring me up in a prejudice home and she failed. I took my fathers side on the issue and raised my children to not judge people by what they are or what they do. Judge them for who they are and how they treat others. I am sure you have all the advice available...but wanted to put my 2 cents worth in. Have always been a huge fan and am just happy that you both are now proud parents. Congrats.

January 18, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  151. Dave R. (Pittsburgh, PA)

Congrats Elton, David and Zachary! Zachary WILL grow up in a world full of LOVE & Support from his parents, Elton and David. Zachary is so adorable, WOW, how amazing!! Every child and every adult should feel as loved as Zachary is. Zachary's Mom, such an amazing person, brought life into this world. Please learn to love everyone, respect Zacharys life and the families!!

January 18, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  152. HONESTLY.... NO HONESTLY.

I am a very straight male who grew up in a Christian household.
    I would have traded in my childhood to grow up with two gay guys that loved me any day of the week!

January 18, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  153. Natalie

I think what is making people go kind of weird about the photo is Elton is smiling. A huge smile. I think this is the first time ever, hes had a smile that big in a public picture.

January 18, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
    • tjf

hmmm...i think everytime he gets a paycheck he smiles

January 18, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

Umm...is it not an appropriate reaction to smile when he's become a father?? Some people are going to be weirded out anyway but you know what? They probably don't care.

January 18, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  154. downinfront

What a life-changer for Elton & David. And what a fortunate son Zachary is.

January 18, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  155. Leti

Wish them the best of love and life! Congrats on your new baby! Wait until that little guy starts walking...the fun is only beginning!

January 18, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  156. no

way. Less than 3 weeks old, and he's on the cover of us magazine?
    You people think this is normal?
    The kid is doomed for sure.

January 18, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  157. Your MOM

I love Bacon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i bet u dont like bacon as much as i do!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bacon lover forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    poor kid.

January 18, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  158. angela

Hi my name is angey and good bless u and ur baby.

January 18, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  159. Jack

Every kid that I know that was raised by gay parents were at the top of their class, respectful, caring, and all of them so far have even been straight. The ignorant people on this board are scared of anything different. Do you complain about unwed mothers and fathers? Do you even think about orphans that have no one to love them? No, because you don't think things through. You stay in your scared little pathetic bubble.

January 18, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Terri O'Neal

Well said. My own daughter who is "straight" is dating a man now who was brought up in a "christian" environment yet in the past week alone, he and his family have fussed at her because her best friend is not only gay but black. And on Saturday, the boyfriend took her out to eat. She saw someone who needed money for food and handed it to that person and shook his hand. The boyfriend then told her he would not hold her hand until she washed it. Pretty sure that even though they seem to love each other, this controlling thing he is attempting will end their relationship. I brought her up to help people and to be friends with all unless they hurt her. And I can assure you...she will never be swayed from the way she was raised. Hate can't help this world. And what I am seeing on this board is really unbelievable in this day and time. I am a christian...and my Bible tells me to help those in need and not turn your back on people because they are different from you. So again...congratulations to you John and David...ignore the bigotry.

January 18, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sasha

I so agree, beautifully put. What does scare me is that this board is not even half as bad as some other opinion boards (yahoo is full with haters); talk about rage and bigotry.

January 18, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Alina77

That baby is so lucky, Elton John is singing to him every night... and its for freeeee.. Beautiful little guy.

January 18, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  161. bodie

And to those of you with negative comments, your parents should be ashamed, they have raised judgemental,simple minded adults. I will pray for you all.

January 18, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Hey – stop judging these 'judgemental' people. Judge not, lest you be judged.

January 18, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
    • TJF

i can't stand it anymore...so when the kid asks where he comes from..hmmm well zach daddy paid a bunch of $ for a stranger from who knows where to give birth to you...but yet you don't need a mother & father? please...i don't know why we have to have this s... crammed down our throats about how "normal" this is...no its NOT..so please stop saying it...its hollywood what those 2 r doing...pure hollywood...why in the hell would u wait until u r 62 elton?
      so...i feel sorry for the kid...daddys too old to play...falls asleep at class plays & the other daddy is in a senior citizens home...my gosh

January 18, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Jamie

TJF, Straight couples have surrogate children all the time.... I wonder if you would say the same thing about straight couples who utilize this option to become parents?

January 18, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • s.p

TJF

The kid will certainly be more normal than you.. read your own comment, if your were brought up in a normal way you will never say such thing, I feel bad for you and shame on your abnormal parents.

January 18, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Jeepers

If he's still alive when the child turns 18, Elton will be 81.

January 18, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  163. Kathi

No, it is not a normal relationship. I think it should be illegal for married gays to adopt children. You're taking a normal child and placing him into an abnormal home. The kid will probably grow up with all kinds of issues not to mention the embarrassment.

January 18, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • ML

Speak for yourself! If this child has any issues in the future it'll be due to intolerant people like you.

January 18, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Becky

You are absolutely right. Kathi. All the defenders of this have no proof otherwise. ONLY a mother can give love like a mother. It is a shame when people are rich and famous like Elton John that they believe they can have whatever they want whether it is the right thing or not. And I agree with the poster that said adopting a baby or having a baby at 62 is just plain selfish. Sure they can give that baby monetary things, but there is more to life than money. This child will definitely eventually have issues. And to all the pro-gay people that will surely have an ugly comment to make to me, I am not afraid of gay people. I disagree with that lifestyle, and it disgusts me to the fullest when they start involving children. And I have a right to my opinion just like everyone else.

January 18, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anna

Becky, you have a right to your opinion. Unfortunately, opinions like yours cause gay teens to jump off bridges.

January 18, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • cramp

the irony is its because of people like Kathi that the kid will be embarrassed

January 18, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joi

For all of those passing judgment on anyone, need I remind you that he who is without sin cast the first stone. There have been "unconventional" families since the beginning of time. As long as a child is wanted and loved, that is all that should matter. I am happy for Elton and David.

January 18, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Becky

No Anna, people that decide to kill themselves make that decision entirely themselves. Just because the entire world does not condone gayness is not an excuse for committing suicide. If that were true, there would be many more suicides happening just because someone does not get their way about everything in their life.

January 18, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  164. bodie

What a beautiful family!! And to you nimrod, why does the baby need a female as a parent, what about all the children who grow up without fathers? At least this wee one has two parents to cherish him. Kudos sir elton and david

January 18, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  165. Bob

Thanks for clearing that up for me JC. This isn't the same JC by chance that walks on water is it?

January 18, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  166. Boston Mom

what a very beautiful and lucky baby

January 18, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  167. Sarah

Elton John is so not photogenic.....

January 18, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  168. Babydoc

I hope Elton will lose that fat soon. Pregnancy takes such a toll on a boy's figure!

January 18, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  169. Jon

I have no problem at all with anyone adopting but from the looks of things and the lack of explanation this appears to be, basically, a baby purchase....which ain't an adoption except in the most ardent stretch of the definition. I sure hope that I am around when the Lord returns. We'll see then what's right and what's wrong, won't we?

January 18, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Anna

Jon, did you read the article? They didn't adopt; they had a surrogate.

January 18, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Jon

Anna, yes I read the article and realize that they paid a surrogate to have this baby. The child was not adopted. It was purchased.

January 18, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Blake

Jon, surrogates work 9 mionths to prepare for birth and have expenses during pregnancy plus a fee of a reasonable average year's salary. Last time I checked, all surrogates charge for their services, with the exception of family members, but even their expenses are covered I would think. According to your opinion, you're buying a baby if you use a fetrility clinic or a sperm bank. It's not buying a child; it's paying for a service that results in having a child. Even adoptions are not free, but Mr. John did not qualify for that because of his age. However David is younger and regardless, this child will inherit a vast fortune in addition to the legacy of who his father is. I don't think we need to feel sorry for this cute baby.

January 18, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jon

To each his own Blake, but there are thousands of babies who need parents and aside from the requirements of qualification and the costs of adoption there is no charge for the baby.

Surrogates make babies for money and I'd be curious to know who the parents are and how much she/they were paid to produce a baby for Eldon and what's his name. You can call it what you want, but they bought a baby and in my mind it's just that simple.

January 18, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Bob

I meant 'steak', not 'stake' because that wouldn't make sense.

January 18, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Nightsky

Don't worry–it's still nonsensical.

Leave the kid and his proud papas out of your nasty assumptions.

January 18, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  171. Tony

I agree that it should not matter that the little man has two dads or two moms but that he grows up loved and cared for and brought up in a home that welcomes EVERY HUMAN!! I am a gay man, and I am raising an adpotive son with my partner and I could not be more happy that I have something in common with two exceptional individuls who will, as stated above, probably be better parents to this child then plenty of the "normal" sets of parents out there. May their God bless them and keep them!!

January 18, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  172. Michael

This is just stupid

January 18, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  173. steph

Im sooo happy for them! They will be great parents.... To those who are negative about them beig gay parents guess what there are straight parents out there who should have never been blessed with a child, healthy happy loved child thats all that is important

January 18, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  174. LBW

He is beautiful. What a lucky little boy.

January 18, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  175. Terr24015

Beautiful baby and Elton sure has one handsome husband there. They look SOOOO happy!!! This is wonderful.

January 18, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  176. Creepo

I don't care if they are gay and have a baby, but that picture creeps me out. It looks like a couple of perv's stole a baby. That picture makes me want to keep my kids closer.

January 18, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Terr24015

What in the world are you talking about?! It looks like any other picture of a couple showing off their new baby. Look at others, they look just the same, like John Travolta showing off his new baby with his wife Kelly Preston. Same, just the same. Creepo, YOU creep ME out with your scary judgment.

January 18, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
    • MD

@ creepo......What is scary is that you make stupid comments like that and have kids. YIKES!!!

January 18, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Juni

What we see in a photo says a lot about us, Creepo. And you're a creep.

January 18, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  177. Sandra

I'm so happy for all three of them. Zachary is adorable and one of the luckiest babies alive. With doting parents like his, he is bound for a great journey.

January 18, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  178. WhoKnewIt

What a lucky, lucky baby to have 2 such loving parents....and to be sung to each night by Sir Elton John, what's not to love about that! Congratulations!

January 18, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  179. shannon

congrat to elton and david im happy to see that they have a beautiful son and people who dont like that they are gay they are probaly better at being parents than some straight couples i know

January 18, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
    • k9rescuer

Amen to that! I know several straight couples (plus all the ones we read about in the paper) who should have NEVER procreated. Zachary is one ridiculously lucky kid.

January 18, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • nuffsed

You are all saying the baby is lucky because Elton John is rich and famous. If straight people are so bad, let gays have the babies on their own – naturally. The chance that every gay who adopts a child will be guranteed to be a better parent is really slim. Last I knew, gays were just humans with unnatural natural desires. That doesn't automatically make them better in any way. Though gays and those who support them would like to think that.

January 18, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  180. LisaK

they are married why is this not acknowledged DAVID is his SPOUSE

January 18, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • nuffsed

Well, it's too bad you don't have a clue to go along with that opinion.

January 18, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  181. rachel

grow up ppl.. would you want someone telling you who can love?..no! this is 2011..stop being so judgmental because a gay couple has a child. there probably better parents than most of the ppl in this world.

January 18, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Amy

Is this a stock response you post to any gay thread? Most people here are actually being very nice!

January 18, 2011 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
    • esmiranda

I'm sure because they are gay they are guaranteed to be so much better at parenting than straight people. It's too bad they are superhuman at raising children, considering nature says "NO!" to them creating a child naturally. I think nature has always said "NO!" to that, and probably always will. Maybe nature is saying something, and no one is listening. Everyone's too busy catering to gays.

January 18, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  182. Roman

Congrats to all three of you. I ask a couple of things from you. To teach him of the Commandments of God and Jesus Christ and to have him baptized. By Me:)

January 18, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  183. JL

For once the question is "who's the baby's mama?" which one of them is the father?

January 18, 2011 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Amy

They both are. In other words, MYOB.

January 18, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
    • ed

The real question is why you;re so afraid of gays? Did daddy do something to you?

January 18, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • nuffsed

If what you're saying is true, Ed, I guess gays ARENT born that way. And it proves it's environment based an unnatural. Good point, Ed!

January 18, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • esmiranda

So ed, what you're saying is gay men are sercret predators who prey on innocent children, especially their own? I always wondered how a young boy became gay. From what you are saying gay men , especially the closet gays, preying on children is how this course of action is perpetuated. Interesting.

January 18, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  184. rory

So happy for them! I hope this allows people to be more open-minded about gay and lesbian couples adopting. Their long-lasting relationship will surely make them great parents.

January 18, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  185. MrBrightside247

Janet, what is it you don't understand? It's just like any other relationship. It functions the exact same way. Just be happy that they are a commited loving couple giving a child a chance at an exceptional life.

January 18, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
    • ML

Very well said. Kudos.

January 18, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Amy

I agree. There's nothing to understand. Two people who love each other are now sharing their love with a child. It's the easiest thing in the world to understand.

What a beautiful baby! Congratulations to the family!

January 18, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Jet Li

I just had a son during Xmas too.. Watching my wife breast feeding him with his joyful smile is magically wonderful. I am happy for the Gay couple with new born but kind of feeling bad for the boy b/c he does not have that special bonding between a mother and a son... Yes, there is nothing wrong with it with today standard but emotionally for the boy It is kind of selfish to him..

January 18, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • ktb515

You don't NEED to have a mother to be balanced. You don't NEED to have a father to be balanced. What you need is someone that loves you, cares for you, and can teach you to be a kind, productive adult, be they your biological parent, adoptive parent, uncle, aunt, grandparent, cousin, or elder sibling. This is a loving couple that wanted to share that love with a child and can finally do so. I'm happy for them.

January 18, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • TDavis

Agree, not all children have that, and it is sad!

January 18, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Sasha

Well, I wish those 3 the best of everything. Truly, a beautiful picture.

"MrBrightside". You know, Janet was being honest and you are bashing her for it. I for one am glad that she has the courage to say that she does not understand but she is able and willing to be happy for them, regardless. Why do you have to be mean about it?

January 18, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hank da American

Divorce should be illegal.

January 18, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chuckles

@ktb515. "Don't need a Mother or a Father to be balanced" That is what is going on with America today you nimrod. We are going down hill fast because the family unit as it has always been is changing and taking America right down the toilet with it.

January 18, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • EMMA GRACE

@ Jet Li: Yes the bond of breast feeding is nice, but a mother/woman who wanted to breast feet, it didn't happen!
      Because my baby was to small and her sucking reflexes weren't strong enough but just to feed your baby with chest against cheek is a bond and that baby knows you are it's provider and I think it's just as rewarding, no matter whom is feeding it. I was a nanny for a white family and I had a new born and that baby loved me more than some of the other family members, because I always read, sing and fed him in my arms!!!!!!

January 18, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • nuffsed

What is there to understand? Well, how two mens need to nurture overrides nature. That's probably part of what is hard to understand, but is anyone surprised at ignorant selfishness? Because two gays and a baby is involved, anyone who doesn't automatically agree is a hater because awwww, it's about love and family – sans a Mom.

January 18, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • rafael

@chuckles: either you cannot read or don't think very deeply. ktb515 said you don't need a mother or a father to be balanced. Do you claim otherwise? Every balanced person in the world must have had a mother and a father? ktb515 also said that what you really need is someone "that loves you, cares for you, and can teach you to be a kind, productive adult." How would such an environment resemble anything like a toilet??

January 18, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  186. Debby

What a beautiful heartwarming photo. Elton and David look so happy! Congratulations and may you both have a happy and peaceful family life with your new son!

January 18, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  187. Stargazerwican

How wonderful for you both. It shows you are very proud parents.

January 18, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  188. janet

Beautiful baby. I wish them well even though I don't understand that kid of relationship.

January 18, 2011 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Dulcimer

I recommend people go to the first post. Read Janet's comment. I think it's the best thing I've read all day.

Tolerance without understanding is just fine. Understand may come or not. But yesterday's was abotu tolerance. I hope it remains a time to accept diversity.

If I was going to frown, it would be that Elton John is 63 years old. In his 80's when the child becomes an adult. BUT, just because I didn't go through that doesn't mean it has to be a bad thing.

January 18, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • eddynutz

What is there to understand about love???

January 18, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Denise

This baby is just georgeous. I certainly wouldn't mind having these two as parents. This baby will be charished, loved and provided for the rest of his life. Who cares if his parents are gay.

January 18, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • ed

It's cause you're simple.

January 18, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • suesark

eddynutz said it best. Some of you are reminescent of Nazis. Shame on you!

January 18, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • lara

Maybe their relationship isn't for you to understand. Has anyone ever questioned your relationship? Do you have to defend the right you have to love who you want? All that matters now is that they love and take care of this child. I personally could give two s**ts about the rest.

January 18, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • New York

I agree with Eddy. What is there to understand about two people who love each other & now have a beautiful son to raise up together. Congratulations & God Bless all of you with a long, healthy life.

January 18, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • tennislover

I'm surprised with those who feel sorry for the baby. Can 2 gay men not raise a child like a "normal" hetero couple? If you can feel sorry for this kid, I ask you to have a look at Jared Loughner. He was raised by normal parents and look at what he'd become. Is that what normal parenting is all about?

January 18, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Russ

I agree with below post. I have no problems at all with gay couples marrying or having children but come on Elton John will be 80 when the kid is 17. The kid does get a short end of the stick by not having parents around for early adulthood maybe even before hes 18. Not everybody lives to be 80, most men do not. The average age for men is 76. I think these celebrities get so famous that they forget they are human beings and they wont live forever....

January 18, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • magnus

elton john has more money than most 3rd world countries. this child will get the best care in the world and will be loved. the haters should just keep their comments to themselves.

January 18, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linda

You know there is such a thing called decency and moral. Yes, this baby may be raised getting everything he wants, money will not be an issue for this baby. But he will not be a happy person, for happiness comes from growing up in an environment that is free of confusion. This baby will ask questions like, where is my mom? why is that I don't have a female parent just like my other friends do, why is it I am different? Why is it I have two male parents, why is it possible? questions like that etc etc etc. He will never find answers to these questions, but he will remain confused and silent. It is really sad. I believe the most important gift that we should give to our kids is an environment that is free of confusion. I am not against gay people, I am not anti-gay, but I am strong advocate of kids. Sometimes, we have to think and act beyond our personal desires and wishes for the sake of wellbeings of kids, that is what I call LOVE.

January 18, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scott

Welcome to your nightmare! I'm 63 and you don't have a mother. but thanks for authenticating us and giving us a thrill. What a country!

January 18, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • nuffsed

I'm sure the two men will give the baby everything money can buy – everything except a mother. Everyone who thinks it's so wonderful obviously agrees a mother is superfluous, and no longer necessary in todays happy society.

January 18, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • child still has human right to identify biological mother

What matters most is this child's well-being and his right as a human being to identify his biological mother/surragate.

January 18, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • guest1

God, you know, the creator of the world and humans and all life, intended for there to be a father and a mother who will raise the children together. That is the way he planned it and the way he created us.

January 18, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mormon

Who's the ugly woman with the glasses?

January 18, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • The New Normal

As parents of three children, my wife and I are supposed to teach our children that there's nothing wrong with this and it's perfectly okay. Really? Two gay men with a baby and no mother is perfectly fine? Really? This is what we are supposed to tell our children? This would be tremendously irresponsible of us to teach our children that this situation is perfectly normal.

January 19, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gary

Shame on you CNN!

January 19, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  189. Sandra

Billy, you are a crass, insensitive, insignificant, fearful man. Don't have children because with a mind like yours, they won't stand a chance. You are ignorant.

January 18, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  190. Jon

Well said Dude. You abide!!

January 18, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  191. Mike

Spot on!

January 18, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  192. Juni

Pretty ignorant, aren't you, dude?

January 18, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  193. Kathy

Elton John is the biological father of this child. They did NOT adopt the baby. They had the child via a surrogate mother. So please do not criticize things you don't know about . . .

January 18, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  194. ed

Wrong again, it was a surrogacy which is also used by thousands of straight couples.

January 18, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  195. JC

It is just you...idiot.

January 18, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  196. liz

It's just you

January 18, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  197. Creepo

I mentioned it too above. Get mad or not, this is not a good picture.

January 18, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  198. Dr.James

You mean tube steak?

January 18, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  199. nosnobunny

That is just sick.

January 18, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  200. ML

Way to put a negative spin on a beautiful situation! Like that kind of thing doesn't happen with straight people... ignorant fool!

January 18, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  201. Anna

Exactly, ML. All of the problems of the world are caused by the haters, not the lovers.

Love one another.

January 18, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  202. Sasha

Pedophiles are neither gay nor hetro; just FYI. Some prefer male victims, other females, then you have your "I'll take what I can get" pedophiles.

Before you accuse ANYONE of something that evil, please read up on it.

January 18, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  203. rose

How about all the children molested by all those straight men out there. Gay doesn't mean child molester.

January 18, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  204. ML

You're a disgusting sub-human. Talking about suicide related to a baby? Get a clue and a life.

January 18, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  205. Anna

Nice! You do know that teen gay suicides directly result from bigotry and words like yours, right? Not from being gay itself, which is beautiful, and in God's image?

January 18, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  206. PastorDoWrong

@Anna you're dumb as a box of rocks!!! Read your Bible and focus on the Sodom and Gomorrah story.

January 18, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  207. rose

The only thing sick is you. Some pastor you are. Hate cause suicide. Not love. So gays rember love who you are and forget the haters. Love you and so does God

January 18, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  208. Hater4Life

@Anna please actually read the bible, that way when you make a comment you dont sound like such a liberal, pegan retard who is very wrong. I dare and challenge you to quoate anything from the bible, budist readings, anything under the sun that says being gay is what god, let alone any god wants. Your an Idiot

January 18, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  209. nosnobunny

Why does your comment make me think of all the bullies who goaded Phoebe Prince to commit suicide? And you call yourself a pastor???

January 18, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  210. PastorDoWrong

@Ryan – stop crying cry baby
    @Casey – Shut your garbage hole...
    @Observer – is that the only part you can resight pea brain?
    @Nosnobunny – I sure am just call me PastorDoWrong....

January 18, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  211. PastorDoWrong

@Observer – why don't you go cut some more scripts and show us all what you've learned....

January 18, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  212. Hater4Life

Preach brother!!!

January 18, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  213. Anna

I support children being raised by devoted and loving parents. I oppose children being raised by neglectful, abusive parents. Guess I am "a disgrace to the human race."

January 18, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  214. ktb515

odd. I always thought it was hateful bigots that blindly and immaturely stand against equality and love that were the disgrace to mankind. It's mentalities like yours that keep our world entrenched in hate and slow progress. I feel sorry for you with your hate-filled life.

January 18, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  215. Anna

Poor poor baby who would have Jamesthedog as a parent. Truly, my hearts breaks at the thought of the children who so suffer.

January 18, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  216. fuzzy4034

Casey–you are what's wrong with the world. Your so-called god may make you feel better but it has no control over me–maybe just in your twisted mind. I pity you. Try logic.

January 18, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  217. Gail Snail

Jamesthedog, do you realize that child molestors are Straight, not Gay.
    Do you realize all the people that abuse their children are Straight?

Zachary will have a very privileged childhood. He will have everything and anything he desires.

I wish Elton. David & Zachary all the best.

January 18, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  218. wow

gail the snail – u are DUMB!

January 18, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  219. Dave

GLAAD has put forth a huge effort to not have scientist create a cure. They would be considered normal people and not eligible for special treatment.

January 18, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  220. Cynic82

Are you serious? While they're at it they should find a cure for the genetic defect of your stupid.

January 18, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  221. Bina

Completely agree!

January 18, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  222. markb

To all you gays, would you agree that kids be raised by polygamy family of three dudes and three chicks all banging each other? I mean love is love, and we should be free to love, isn't it?

January 18, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  223. Observer

If you thought things through you'd also condemn infertile couples, elderly women, and those not wanting babies.

January 18, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  224. Jason G.

As someone who lives with HIV I find your remark to be cold and biggotted. There are many who have this disease through no fault of their own – Gay or Straight.

January 18, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  225. Observer

Cheering that gays have more health problems shows a total lack of "morality". Grow up.

January 18, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  226. fuzzy4034

You're comment really displayed your morals. You are what's wrong with the world.

January 18, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  227. fuzzy4034

And you should.....???? Look how you turned out.

January 18, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  228. ryan

You are a horrible awful person. YOU are a genetic defect.

January 18, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  229. Texastulip

You are unbelievable ignorant. It is not a "defect." It is simply a charateristic. The gene characteristic doesn't cause people to commit suicide. The ridicule, bullying and lack of understanding from people like you like are what drives people to suicide.

January 18, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  230. fuzzy4034

Try living your life without being led around by a ring in your nose. The bible is merely a library book to me...I think for myself & don't follow an outdated book of fables. Get over yourself–people are tired of freaks like you.

January 18, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  231. fuzzy4034

Your fake god is an idiot.

January 18, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  232. Observer

Matthew 7:12 “Treat others as you want them to treat you. This is what the Law and the Prophets are all about.”

January 18, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  233. fuzzy4034

shut up.

January 18, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  234. Joe Pell

"Adam and Steve" lmao bill....good one

January 18, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  235. Casey

I'm pretty sure God is tired of you, Fuzzy, but for some reason he lets you live on the earth he created. You'll see one day it's not fake. Wow. Imagine if I'm right and you're wrong. Eternity is a long time....

January 18, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  236. Joy

If God is an 'idiot' as you claim then he can't be fake. Do you work hard at showing your ignorance or does it come naturally for you?

January 18, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  237. Hater4Life

Heres to hoping your one of those teens, Cheers!!!

January 18, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  238. Sheep

Gay IS beautiful. I hear its the new black

January 18, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  239. Observer

@PastorDoWrong,

Why not cut out the juvenile name-calling and try to act like a grown-up?

January 18, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  240. sara

PastorDoWrong is obviously not a real pastor. If he is it is a church of ONE sad, sorry individual.

January 18, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  241. tom

Pastordowrong must be one of those false preachers that the bible warns us about

January 18, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  242. Maddi

i aam so tired of those religious people. You guys are just a show, and the biggest hypocrits ever. Here i am in my journalism class reading this stuff. I believe though that we all have the right to do anything and if religion is one of them, then who cares. I was raised by christians. And everytime i prayed to god for help or i'm scared, it just so happened to be a psychological thing. And i am sorry if i offended anyone, im 14. o well

January 18, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  243. MrsFizzy

Actually I did think he looks a bit like Elton. :)

January 18, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  244. MrsFizzy

^Reply to Kathy (why do they use this system where the replies don't thread after a certain point?!)

January 18, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  245. nuffsed

Poor little Zachary, so many strikes against the little guy, and here he is just starting life.

January 18, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  246. 1jc

No, actually his statement is very truthful – wake up. Quit looking out of those Rose colored glasses, it only makes things appear as they are not.

January 18, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  247. unknown

Yeah you're fourteen. Your body's full of raging hormones and psychologically, your brain is still developing, so leave that comment for when your brain is not at a 20% capacity.

January 18, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  248. PastorDoWrong

Kick Rocks....get back to class..

January 18, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  249. nuffsed

I believe it is actually around 3% of the brain that the adult human utilizes. This is when gays need to comment that they use at least 20% of their brain because their unnatural natural desires prove them superior.

January 18, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |